Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
So High five guy is MC's mothers ex boyfriend ?? He seriously looks like that guy in the picture of Original 4 serpents:geek: . And looks like he cares about MC's mother and hates his father for some obvious reasons . And Cordia scares about Gracie going Wild? What might have happened in the woods ??? Did something happened to gracie or gracie did something :unsure:??
And Wilfred is training Gracie in secret ? And when will MC starts his combat and fire arms training he thought of doing??
Waiting to kill Mysterious Six for Goddess Luna :love:She is the Greatest And the Purest and the Cutest .
Anyway Great Update Looking forward to the next updates.
Good luck HopeGames
I hope the story of the woods is not as emotionally disturbing as "My Name is Luna," but somehow I think it will be.

With all the foreshadowing, I expect Gracie Unleashed will be scarier than Luna and Caterina combined.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I hope the story of the woods is not as emotionally disturbing as "My Name is Luna," but somehow I think it will be.

With all the foreshadowing, I expect Gracie Unleashed will be scarier than Luna and Caterina combined.
Well, it's the place where all traitors of the Family (specifically DeLucas) get executed, so there's always gonna be grim nature to the place.

Though with this being DeLucas, I'm not so sure whether it will be emotionally disturbing tbh.

I'd imagine the whole "The Woods" process to be more of a following:

- Taking the traitor to "The Woods"
- Announcing their sentence
- Perhaps giving the traitor a chance to give last words
- Execution
- Burial

DeLucas value honor and respect very highly, so I'd imagine they'd give the same respect to even those who wronged them (I'd imagine Trino's situation is one of few exception, due to Antonio blowing a fuse).
Plus, it is sort of referenced in Jalen's event that Cordia really frowns upon acts of extreme torture considering them "barbaric" (if I'm remembering correctly).

Granted, just because DeLucas may carry out their executions in an honorable way, doesn't mean it is any less of a bad thing (since killing is killing, there's no two ways about it).
But it just feels like DeLucas will never get into the whole prolonging the suffering of one when handing out the punishments (such as death).

With Gracie, I don't really remember her story being connected to "The Woods" within the game (so I'm guessing this is a theory?), but we've already gotten a small glimpse of how scary Gracie can be in the Blizzard Princess event.
And that was just a joke. Imagine if she was truly furious at someone.

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Well, it's the place where all traitors of the Family (specifically DeLucas) get executed, so there's always gonna be grim nature to the place.
I think you misunderstood.

I wasn't talking about the Woods as a place where executions occur.

I was referring to whatever happened in The Woods with Gracie that convinced Cordia to keep Gracie untrained.

It could be totally mundane in that Gracie accidentally witnessed an execution in the woods and was traumatized by it (as an explanation of why Cordia doesn't want Gracie trained and sent on missions), but this is the DeLuca Family we're talking about. I expect there's something in Gracie's nature that was glimpsed at in the woods, something that has Cordia very worried.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
With Gracie, I don't really remember her story being connected to "The Woods" within the game (so I'm guessing this is a theory?), but we've already gotten a small glimpse of how scary Gracie can be in the Blizzard Princess event.
I can't remember in which part of the story but it was mentioned, that Gracie was found in the woods after a certain event. This was an sensible topic for ther, [asume] something must be happened to her what has left traces on her mind and there was no way to get anything out of her according to this [/asume] maybe the mc can get it from her.

It could be totally mundane in that Gracie accidentally witnessed an execution in the woods and was traumatized by it (as an explanation of why Cordia doesn't want Gracie trained and sent on missions), but this is the DeLuca Family we're talking about. I expect there's something in Gracie's nature that was glimpsed at in the woods, something that has Cordia very worried.
That could be really possible, tbh in my headcanon i have somehow the kidnaping of Luna and the Graccie incident wired together. But this is not possible just because of the age of Gracie and that Cordia would never leave her our of her eye after Lunas kidnapping to get this somehow done.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

I am actually hoping for more drama and psychological pain. A bit less gore but more, much more despair.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Mortarion

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
I can't remember in which part of the story but it was mentioned, that Gracie was found in the woods after a certain event. This was an sensible topic for ther, [asume] something must be happened to her what has left traces on her mind and there was no way to get anything out of her according to this [/asume] maybe the mc can get it from her.
Given the role of MC so far, the success he's had up until now with the healing of Luna (and Isabel), I expect that Cordia is hoping he can help Gracie as well. I expect she and Wilfred are depending upon it.
I am actually hoping for more drama and psychological pain. A bit less gore but more, much more despair.
I can see this.

If Gracie's journey is significantly more trivial than Luna's, it will be a cheat. We are meant to want to heal and protect BOTH of them equally (or nearly so). There has to be something dark and serious behind her bright and trivial facade...

Reactions: Ayhsel

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I hope this is not the case. I for myself can easy deal with heavy splatter and gore, but things that starts to brainfuck me easily lead to the fact that I could go out of my skin.

Do you now the movie Trainspotting? My ex-wife said the film was great and wanted to watch it with me about ten years ago. When we got to the scene where the junkies in a drug frenzy more or less let their baby starve or die of thirst, that was it for me with this film. Since our big daughter was about a year old at the time, I somehow drew parallels to it and saw the whole thing from the point of view of a father who imagined the torments a little person like that has to go through. I have never been able to watch this film again because I always associate it with this scene. After my divorce, I threw away the DVD, which I had only used once away without a second thought. Drama and psychological pain are powerful tools but they should not be overdone, otherwise the whole suffers from that one scene, as my example shows.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
If Gracie's journey is significantly more trivial than Luna's, it will be a cheat. We are meant to want to heal and protect BOTH of them equally (or nearly so). There has to be something dark and serious behind her bright and trivial facade...
While I am hoping for it, I am not expecting that kind of content. My name is Luna worked well partly because it is a very different mood than the rest of the novel. It breaks your expectations, even when told about it. Now that we know we have seen something like that, it is a harder effect to create.

Also, I don't want a rehash of Luna's story. I want something different for Gracie. I want despair and desperation, but in a different way.

I hope this is not the case. I for myself can easy deal with heavy splatter and gore, but things that starts to brainfuck me easily lead to the fact that I could go out of my skin.

Do you now the movie Trainspoting? My ex-wife said the film was great and wanted to watch it with me about ten years ago. When we got to the scene where the junkies in a drug frenzy more or less let their baby starve or die of thirst, that was it for me with this film. Since our big daughter was about a year old at the time, I somehow drew parallels to it and saw the whole thing from the point of view of a father who imagined the torments a little person like that has to go through. I have never been able to watch this film again because I always associate it with this scene. After my divorce, I threw away the DVD, which I had only used once away without a second thought. Drama and psychological pain are powerful tools but they should not be overdone, otherwise the whole suffers from that one scene, as my example shows.
Oh I understand your point. I have mentioned before that reading Angelic Howl chapter in The Fruit of Grisaia made me unable to eat meat for two weeks.

As I mentioned I want despair, but not gore. Beautiful despair, not gruesome content. The House in Fata Morgana's kind of despair. That really shatters your heart. Not so much Angelic howl, that keeps your gut shut.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
:unsure: Fuck you! I am still mentally scarred from My Name is Luna. I don't need something worse from Gracie. I sure it's going to be fucked up because Hopes seems to do fucked up really well. I thought it was Gracie and Luna in the woods but it was only Gracie that had done something out there that was disturbing.

• Haha
Reactions: Ayhsel

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I was referring to whatever happened in The Woods with Gracie that convinced Cordia to keep Gracie untrained.
Huh, was kinda wondering why I couldn't remember that mention, and scrolled down playing the Recordings.
In Recording 4 it seems to be there.

Snap 2021-05-09 at 11.52.42.png

Like mentioned by you two, feels separate from "The Woods."
Not sure whether this incident is likely to have happened during or after the Lunda kidnapping in terms of the game's chronology. :unsure:

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Huh, was kinda wondering why I couldn't remember that mention, and scrolled down playing the Recordings.
In Recording 4 it seems to be there.

View attachment 1185811

Like mentioned by you two, feels separate from "The Woods."
Not sure whether this incident is likely to have happened during or after the Lunda kidnapping in terms of the game's chronology. :unsure:
Yes, now I can understand the confusion. Every mention of "The Woods" has been in the execution context. She was found in the forest (I assume, rather than being inside someone named "Forrest"), not the woods.

• Haha
Reactions: whichone

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Confusing spelling of the noun "forest" with the name "Forrest" is very common, even with native English speakers.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
You know, all this talk about Gracie in the forest or in the wild, gives me the weirdest idea that I'd love to see a special render of Gracie as a smoking hot female version of Bear Grylls-like adventurer :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Given Gracie's very free spirit to want to seek adventures and explore something unknown, I'd imagine it would sync very well (like how Ciri cosplay render sync was fantastic with Luna).

HopesGaming, what do you think?

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
lol I don't want to play that game! :ROFLMAO:
Reminds me of someone on Sunshine Love who wanted to see the hot nurse as a main character. I started thinking that it would be a game involving bedpans, catheters, and the other exciting duties of a nurse...

Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
lol "being inside someone" reminded me of some game I saw on here a while back, where the MC was tiny, or the women were giants, whichever, and basically just used him as a dildo.
Or the Ant Man/Thanos solution.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: JJJ84
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes