Dragon59

Conversation Conqueror
Apr 24, 2020
Thanks for the heads up. Still new to the forums and I wasnt to sure about spoilers and such.

Yea, obviously Sofia was who I was talking about. Man I can not get over how fucking wrong that was. All of the girls suffered unimaginable abuse but what happened to her was just way to much.
Last week, we were talking here about what Gracie's backstory will be. One one hand, we want hers to be as powerful as her sister's, but on the other we can't wish the same pain on her.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Last week, we were talking here about what Gracie's backstory will be. One one hand, we want hers to be as powerful as her sister's, but on the other we can't wish the same pain on her.
I could be wrong but to be honest, I don't think Gracie's backstory is gonna be as bad or painful as Luna's backstory.
Hopes said before that other characters' stories or backstories may get dark, but will not be as dark as My name is Luna,
Also, to add, this is just my personal feeling regarding it but I think putting not just one but both DeLuca girls with same level of trauma does feel like overkill.

My possible theory on what happened to Gracie in the forest:

Child Gracie and Luna were exploring the forest despite warnings from Cordia and Wilfred to not leave the house. While exploring, Gracie gets separated from Luna and lost.
Gracie calls out Luna and in the process, awakens a bear nearby which is angry.
The bear attacks Gracie angrily and Gracie suffers her blackout due to fear etc.

By the time Luna and rest of the Family soldiers find Gracie, they find her covered in blood (not hers, but the bear's), and the bear slumped, dead already.
Luna takes Gracie home, and on the way, Gracie wakes up from her trance-like state, wondering what just happened.

Obviously, above scenario is nowhere near as tragic or sad as Luna's imprisonment with the Mysterious 6, but amping up the fear factor with child Gracie being stranded in the woods as well as having to face a bear alone by herself can present a different type of trauma for her that I'd be interested in.

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
I could be wrong but to be honest, I don't think Gracie's backstory is gonna be as bad or painful as Luna's backstory.
Hopes said before that other characters' stories or backstories may get dark, but will not be as dark as My name is Luna,
Also, to add, this is just my personal feeling regarding it but I think putting not just one but both DeLuca girls with same level of trauma does feel like overkill.
By the time Luna and rest of the Family soldiers find Gracie, they find her covered in blood (not hers, but the bear's), and the bear slumped, dead already.
I am completely aggreing first part but second part seems like much more overkill than first part to be honest. Child Gracie killing an angry animal even without animal's element of surprise is too much.

Reactions: whichone

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I am completely aggreing first part but second part seems like much more overkill than first part to be honest. Child Gracie killing an angry animal even without animal's element of surprise is too much.
Lol well of course. My scenario is assuming the following:

1) Gracie fights the bear intelligently, instead of facing it head first like Luna (if she was fighting like Luna did, of course she'll get killed instantly Lol).
By intelligently, i mean a lot of running, and things like traps and other means of attacking indirectly.

2) Gracie is a bit older than when she was a child, perhaps 8 or 9 years old.

I'm just hoping for something different regarding Gracie's backstory. In the beginning, I thought perhaps she witnessed an execution in "the woods" which might have lead to her trauma (even though her incident is said to have happened in the forest which can be very much a different place), but thinking back, that sounds just too predictable).

Wilfred has been constantly pressuring Cordia that Gracie should be allowed to work for the Family because she has potential beyond Serpent Level.

Perhaps his closer assessment of Gracie began with an incident like this (after he sees her traps etc), how Gracie was able to overcome a wild animal that would have been physically impossible to defeat, yet did so with her intelligence.

Reactions: Dragon59

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Okay.... So I downloaded and played through all of this yesterday. Its a great game and has an amazing storyline. MC can be a bit annoying with his pushiness and idiotic choices but overall, exceptional story.

My only real complaint (trying not to spoil anything) was finding out what happened to a certain character when they were a child. Even though the game warned about what you would see....well...I wasn't prepared for how massively fucked up those scenes would be. The game has some slightly dark elements but ABSOLUTELY nothing compared to what you were about to witness.
The details shown and described were gut wrenching and horrific. I was pretty taken back about how unbelievably dark the story went. Again not trying to spoil anything but not only was it so difficult to watch and read what was going on but the violence and abuse was truly abhorrent.

I cant stop thinking about how much time they spent meticulously showing and describing one purely innocent (side)characters abuse. The character was sweet, innocent, helpless and kind and they showed them being starved to death/tortured in vivid and excruciating detail... I haven't been disturbed by much in many years but I found myself thinking about that poor character quite a few times today.

Feels really bad man :(
I know it was painful, but it was a necessity to understand why Luna is the way she is and why she acts insane and heartless when the truth is she's the farthest thing from that, where it makes us want to protect her and hold her, because what she went through was so horrific. This is probably the biggest reason why so many of us love her and why she's so many's favorite character.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017

My possible theory on what happened to Gracie in the forest:

Child Gracie and Luna were exploring the forest despite warnings from Cordia and Wilfred to not leave the house. While exploring, Gracie gets separated from Luna and lost.
Gracie calls out Luna and in the process, awakens a bear nearby which is angry.
The bear attacks Gracie angrily and Gracie suffers her blackout due to fear etc.

Luna takes Gracie home, and on the way, Gracie wakes up from her trance-like state, wondering what just happened.

Obviously, above scenario is nowhere near as tragic or sad as Luna's imprisonment with the Mysterious 6, but amping up the fear factor with child Gracie being stranded in the woods as well as having to face a bear alone by herself can present a different type of trauma for her that I'd be interested in.
With Gracie, I have a feeling we're going to be witnessing that first hand, possibly by her own hands and not what's done to her (I'm sorry, but Gracie gives me the feeling of her being a psychopath). Based on how things are, it feels like with her, Cordia went out of her way to try and raise Gracie as normal as possible, but unlike Luna who was a typical child, Gracie shows the early signs of finding joy in hurting others for her own amusement.

Reactions: Roche3945

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Lol well of course. My scenario is assuming the following:

1) Gracie fights the bear intelligently, instead of facing it head first like Luna (if she was fighting like Luna did, of course she'll get killed instantly Lol).
By intelligently, i mean a lot of running, and things like traps and other means of attacking indirectly.

2) Gracie is a bit older than when she was a child, perhaps 8 or 9 years old.

I'm just hoping for something different regarding Gracie's backstory. In the beginning, I thought perhaps she witnessed an execution in "the woods" which might have lead to her trauma (even though her incident is said to have happened in the forest which can be very much a different place), but thinking back, that sounds just too predictable).

Wilfred has been constantly pressuring Cordia that Gracie should be allowed to work for the Family because she has potential beyond Serpent Level.

Perhaps his closer assessment of Gracie began with an incident like this (after he sees her traps etc), how Gracie was able to overcome a wild animal that would have been physically impossible to defeat, yet did so with her intelligence.
My assumption a bit different than yours, it is a bit extreme but anyway. I think nothing happened Gracie in the woods, Gracie did something to someone but not in self defence like an animal attack.

For now we just know that night was most scary night in Lunas life and Gracie dont remember anything. Why would Luna hide something like an animal attack regardless of its outcome? We also see a glimpse Gracies childhood and even there she didnt look like a normal child she experimented on Luna by deceiving her. Her face was just emotionless all that time, that isnt normal for a child. And we know that Cordia dont want Gracie to enter family business because she afraid the danger Gracie would become. -I assumed Wilfreds memory in the living room was before both woods and mysterious six-

I think that night someone from family found them, take them and while he/she carrying them to house Gracie killed this person. Maybe not just killed, also cut his/her limbs in curiosity. That would easily explain why Luna was so scaried, why they hide that night from her and why her brain supressed it. Accidentally/intentionally, because of a reson/emotion or just solid curiosity that I cant say.

Reactions: Exodus19

Niu6609

Apr 28, 2021
Okay.... So I downloaded and played through all of this yesterday. Its a great game and has an amazing storyline. MC can be a bit annoying with his pushiness and idiotic choices but overall, exceptional story.

My only real complaint (trying not to spoil anything) was finding out what happened to a certain character when they were a child. Even though the game warned about what you would see....well...I wasn't prepared for how massively fucked up those scenes would be. The game has some slightly dark elements but ABSOLUTELY nothing compared to what you were about to witness.
The details shown and described were gut wrenching and horrific. I was pretty taken back about how unbelievably dark the story went. Again not trying to spoil anything but not only was it so difficult to watch and read what was going on but the violence and abuse was truly abhorrent.

I cant stop thinking about how much time they spent meticulously showing and describing one purely innocent (side)characters abuse. The character was sweet, innocent, helpless and kind and they showed them being starved to death/tortured in vivid and excruciating detail... I haven't been disturbed by much in many years but I found myself thinking about that poor character quite a few times today.

Feels really bad man :(
I feel you hard on that one. Though it didn't specifically evoke any extreme feelings inside of me, while going through the backstory, I found myself constantly exclaiming as the story continued. What I felt was pain for the children, being trapped in the cage at first, and for Luna, who just wanted to be a normal girl but was forced into insanity. This was especially true for the father-daughter 'reunion', which was absolutely heart-wrenching and overall just depressing to watch. Though she didn't escape unscathed, just that scene alone made me want to pick Luna as my main LI, because I feel like she's been through enough as a kid, and just want to protect her. It contributed a lot to the character's backstory and why she is how she is today, but it was just... so gruesome that it makes me want to tear the heads off of the Mysterious Six.

With Gracie, I have a feeling we're going to be witnessing that first hand, possibly by her own hands and not what's done to her (I'm sorry, but Gracie gives me the feeling of her being a psychopath). Based on how things are, it feels like with her, Cordia went out of her way to try and raise Gracie as normal as possible, but unlike Luna who was a typical child, Gracie shows the early signs of finding joy in hurting others for her own amusement.
Gracie is a prodigy in many aspects, so I think you're right in some way, though she might be more of a sociopath than a psychopath, as evidenced by her lack of understanding of social cues. As with others, I have my own theories of what happened in the woods, which might not be that much different from the others. I think quite a few people have theorized that she might've killed something or someone that night, and just doesn't remember it because of 1. repression, or 2. a split personality that only comes out at crucial moments. I'm looking forward to discovering more about her in the future, though Luna still has my heart.

Reactions: whichone

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Instead the bear being killed, I'd imagine (a mildly ruffled and a bit dirty) Gracie riding the bear out of the woods, the wild bear being somewhat fearful, but obidient like a well trained German Shepherd. Gracie reaching down and padding the bears chest like a benignant owner praising her puppy for a good job.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
OK, we've gone from Hannibal Lecter to Disney! :ROFLMAO:
No-no, not the Disney kind of scene :LOL:

No cutesies! I mean, the bear is still wild, just fearful of Gracie. Gracie would be like 10 to 12 years old tomboy girl, like young Lara Croft or something.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
BTW, one of my all time favored short stories is the " " by Murray Leinster. A story that should be made into a movie with all the power of the modern superior quality CGI.
It's where the idea of riding a bear is coming from, probably. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
BTW, one of my all time favored short stories is the " " by Murray Leinster. A story that should be made into a movie with all the power of the modern superior quality CGI.
It's where the idea of riding a bear is coming from, probably. :rolleyes:
lol this is making me envisage Gracie's story as being like one of Willard Price's Adventure series, if anyone remembers them.

Ha ha, yeah, definitely seeing the analogy with your Gracie on the bear & Huyghens with his Kodiak bear dogs.

Reactions: Penfold Mole
4.40 star(s) 494 Votes