Selyn

Jul 9, 2020
damn the ending of season 1 caught me of guard and damn ninja cutting onion. im also wondering when will be the season 2 release.

burbero

Jun 18, 2022
I seriously doubt Antonio was responsible for either of those things. while he does want to be the don, he wouldn't risk his mother's anger. as for the car and poison, both were likely Trino considering he is shown to have ratted out where MC was during the mission at the beach warehouse where those mercs stormed the place
Isn't Trino Antonio's most loyal man? At least the girls said he was. It's odd that such a loyal man would betray him, but he might be loyal enough to take the fall for his boss. Remember when we first met Trino, how proud he was of his loyalty and of being Antonio's man. He was even a bit stupid because he shouted when he spoke.

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
Isn't Trino Antonio's most loyal man? At least the girls said he was. It's odd that such a loyal man would betray him, but he might be loyal enough to take the fall for his boss. Remember when we first met Trino, how proud he was of his loyalty and of being Antonio's man. He was even a bit stupid because he shouted when he spoke.
no. Trino was the guy Antonio shot. if anything, he knew MC was supposed to be picked up by Joey and sabotaged the car likely hoping for some kind of accident to happen and MC to die but since Wilfred picked him up and drove under the speed limit, nothing happened. as for the poison, it's possible he slipped into the kitchen, poisoned the food, helped serve it, and left hoping it would kill MC. again, it did not. then hearing about MC and the girls being alone at that warehouse, leaked the info to the mercs thinking they would kill him except he didn't count on 2 of the Serpents showing up and stopping it. again, I don't see Antonio letting any of this happen considering 2 of those 3 situations had 1 or both of his sisters involved. Trino was likely either paid off or his family threatened. I think the person you are thinking of is Joey who tends to be forgettable to most people

Reactions: burbero

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
I seriously doubt Antonio was responsible for either of those things. while he does want to be the don, he wouldn't risk his mother's anger. as for the car and poison, both were likely Trino considering he is shown to have ratted out where MC was during the mission at the beach warehouse where those mercs stormed the place
I agree the car sabotage and poisoning feel in no way like something Antonio would do not to mention that just checking on Isabel might give him plenty of justification to off the MC, so possibly relates to either his mysterious father or people associated with that particular bastard.
Good point about both attacks possibly relating to Trino, whose role would only be shown later with the beachhouse incident.

Not going to comment or conjecture too much on other stuff for now, i'm still back at the rescue of the Carnefice girl sequence and ensuing drama among the Ombra family.

Last edited:

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
I still hope the car and poison wasn’t related to Antonio and tbh it doesn’t really fit him.

I feel like he would rather just shoot the mc infront of everyone, he’s shown to be hotheaded and upfront not really the guy for sneaky attempts.

He rather wants to send a message to everyone like in the mission where he kills the soldiers.

But yeah it could still be possible of course but i would really prefer a outcome with Antonio staying alive and loyal to the DeLucas while we take his burdens :p (his position and wife)

But him dying seems way more probably unfortunately imo
I agree, Antonio being involved makes no sense, if Antonio wanted the MC dead, he would be dead. It's way too easy for someone like Antonio to make it happen.

It's actually Antonio who tells the MC to be more careful because of what would happen if he would die under Deluca protection.

And Antonio had no idea that the MC would be eating with the family, so unless there are multiple parties trying to kill the MC, he can't be behind the poisoning.

Which brings me to a part that has driven me nuts for ages : the poisoning.

Nobody but Cordia knew that the MC would be eating with the family, even Wilfred was surprised. So Cordia tells Wilfred to get the MC, he walks to the MC's room and that takes what ? Like a minute ?

Then Wilfred and the MC walk to the dining room and let that take 2 minutes. When they walk in everyone but Cordia is suprised to see him there, and yet in that time, someone managed to poison only the MC's food. How the fuck is that possible? Do they have poisoned food in storage?

It just doesn't make any sense, so I was wondering if Rina and Cordia have a deal in place on how Rina was supposed to prepare the MC for whatever lies ahead. Like what are even the odds that one uses mithridatism on exactly the one posion that is eventually used in an attempt to kill someone. There are like hundreds of poisons to choose from, so it would seem to be impossible to effectively use mithridatism to protect someone from poison unless they know exactly what poison is gonna be used.

The fact that they haven't found the person who did it, which by any account should be a VERY short list and how it went down makes me believe that it was either Cordia testing if Rina did what she was supposed to do or there has to be some spooky level 100 magic involved.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Which brings me to a part that has driven me nuts for ages : the poisoning.

Nobody but Cordia knew that the MC would be eating with the family, even Wilfred was surprised. So Cordia tells Wilfred to get the MC, he walks to the MC's room and that takes what ? Like a minute ?

Then Wilfred and the MC walk to the dining room and let that take 2 minutes. When they walk in everyone but Cordia is suprised to see him there, and yet in that time, someone managed to poison only the MC's food. How the fuck is that possible? Do they have poisoned food in storage?
"Table for six." - unless the family has some custom of always having an extra chair and dish prepared at dinner for weird personal reasons what to be fair, is not quite far-fetched someone had to be warned in the kitchen beforehand, even before Cordia told Wilfred to fetch the MC.

What means the kitchen personnel and the messenger (since i doubt Cordia went there in person just to inform them) were aware of "a visitor" at the table. From there all it takes is one person with a poison ring or anything else easy to conceal and discard to do the job.

Considering the mansion's kitchen could have anything between half a dozen to two dozen people or more, actually tracking down a mole/infiltrator among them all could become quite complicated.

So, just like in the Beachhouse incident, all it takes is one person "above suspicion" to turn traitor for all illusion of security to fly through the window.

As an aside, anyone else feels like Trino's motive seemed kind of weird - well-placed soldato that served the family for many years, to the point of joining the Capo's circle of confidence, accepting an offering money from someone he doesn't really know and has little to no insurance will honor the deal? Specially when such a betrayal, successful or not, would result in not only the end of his whole career and an insane level of fallout for him & his family (that being native lucanians could potentially be as disgusted with the act as the DeLucas)?

For me he seemed confused, maybe drugged or brainwashed perhaps - what if the attempts on the MC's life somehow related to the "Mysterious Six" who kidnapped kid Luna and later her father, who are kind of defined by being invisible and breaking people's minds in their works? Just a thought.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
"Table for six." - unless the family has some custom of always having an extra chair and dish prepared at dinner for weird personal reasons what to be fair, is not quite far-fetched someone had to be warned in the kitchen beforehand, even before Cordia told Wilfred to fetch the MC.

What means the kitchen personnel and the messenger (since i doubt Cordia went there in person just to inform them) were aware of "a visitor" at the table. From there all it takes is one person with a poison ring or anything else easy to conceal and discard to do the job.

Considering the mansion's kitchen could have anything between half a dozen to two dozen people or more, actually tracking down a mole/infiltrator among them all could become quite complicated.
That still doesn't make any sense, because it would mean the traitor is part of the kitchen staff, which means really easy to track down and on top he or she has to be rich enough to hire an assassin from the ombra family and like 50 mercenaries.

And again it doesn't explain why it was exactly the one poison that Rina used.

It's not like Cordia will announce who will eat with them by name, she will pick up her phone tell them "1 more" and be done with it.

It would take something like Cordia's office being bugged, so that whoever is behind all of it gets the information in time to set the rest up.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
And again it doesn't explain why it was exactly the one poison that Rina used.
That seems to be a lucky coincidence. Not like Rina and the mc are advertising his attempted murder and if they knew why would they use a poison he's already survived and therefore has a tolerance for.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
That seems to be a lucky coincidence. Not like Rina and the mc are advertising his attempted murder and if they knew why would they use a poison he's already survived and therefore has a tolerance for.
It would be unbelieveably lucky, it's why I suspect it was a test.

Think about it, you are a parent and you know there is a high likelyhood that one day your child gets poisoned. Unless you know with what, there is no point whatsoever to build up any immunisation, because you would only improve the odds of survival by like 0.01%.

Now maybe there is a prefered poison the Deluca's use or is generally used in the Mafia world which would shift the odds more towards the reasonable realm but it would also defeat the whole purpose of using a poison in the first place.

To make any sense of it, at least for me, something else has to be at play here. As I said maybe a Rina/Cordia agreement or the extra person at the table threw the order of in which they were served. The MC sitting next to Gracie got it by accident and it was ment to be the first attempt to force Cordia to watch her youngest child die right in front of her eyes.

Something just doesn't add up otherwise.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Bringing one thing up with how season/episode ended. Was it the MC that was targeted? Couldn't it be Gracie the whole time and they didn't account for the MC take seat on the table and thus the poisend food would end up at his place? And, as lucky as anyone could get in a fictional story, it was the poison he has some tolerance against.

Beach house event could be the same.

Reactions: TimHawk

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
It would be unbelieveably lucky, it's why I suspect it was a test.

Think about it, you are a parent and you know there is a high likelyhood that one day your child gets poisoned. Unless you know with what, there is no point whatsoever to build up any immunisation, because you would only improve the odds of survival by like 0.01%.

Now maybe there is a prefered poison the Deluca's use or is generally used in the Mafia world which would shift the odds more towards the reasonable realm but it would also defeat the whole purpose of using a poison in the first place.

To make any sense of it, at least for me, something else has to be at play here. As I said maybe a Rina/Cordia agreement or the extra person at the table threw the order of in which they were served. The MC sitting next to Gracie got it by accident and it was ment to be the first attempt to force Cordia to watch her youngest child die right in front of her eyes.

Something just doesn't add up otherwise.

I don't think she poisoned him to build up a tolerance. I think she was trying to kill him.

And I think you're forgetting that is 1 of 4 attempts on his life. Not a test, continuous failed assassination attempts.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Bringing one thing up with how season/episode ended. Was it the MC that was targeted? Couldn't it be Gracie the whole time and they didn't account for the MC take seat on the table and thus the poisend food would end up at his place? And, as lucky as anyone could get in a fictional story, it was the poison he has some tolerance against.

That's flat out wrong since the mercs specifically stated they were not to hurt the girls, only the mc. I believe the ending was an attack on the entire deluca family by the rebel faction and had nothing to do with the assassination attempts on the mc.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Rina ? To spare the MC what's going to happen to him due to her own actions ?
Something like that. Definitely to prevent him from having to fulfill the contract she and/or his father put him under to the deluca family. As in a he'd be better off dead situation.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
Something like that. Definitely to prevent him from having to fulfill the contract she and/or his father put him under to the deluca family. As in a he'd be better off dead situation.
That's a fair point, but one would think she would not fail at killing the MC if that was her goal.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017

GMTA :D

As Jimayo said, the attackers said that they are not there to hurt the girls, but that whole situation is sus as fuck as well.

I just can't believe a situation where Cordia would leave her two daughters and the MC alone for 2 weeks without anyone guarding them. And then of course not one but two serpents "randomly" show up...yea right.

The car is an unreliable way to kill someone at best, the poisoning...well we discussed that one at length, the beach house is strange to say the least. Which leaves the attempted assassination as the only confirmed action against the MC and it's the one that would make the most sense in terms of being used in the Mafia world.

Maybe once we find out what the consequences for the Delucas are, if something were to happen to the MC on their watch, things will start to make more sense, but as is things just don't make much sense with the context we have so far.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
That's a fair point, but one would think she would not fail at killing the MC if that was her goal.
She's still his mother. Putting a knife or a bullet in your kid and watching them bleed out is a hell of a lot harder to do than poisoning.

I just can't believe a situation where Cordia would leave her two daughters and the MC alone for 2 weeks without anyone guarding them. And then of course not one but two serpents "randomly" show up...yea right.
Or maybe she just wanted the guy who is somehow important to her, yet wants nothing to do with the contract or her family, to become attached to her daughters, via enforced time together, and therefore invested in her families survival and success. And those that want him dead took the opportunity.

I may be wrong, but, on the other hand, you may be a victim of apopenia. Your mind wants to find patterns and connections where none exist.

TimHawk

Dec 12, 2017
She's still his mother. Putting a knife or a bullet in your kid and watching them bleed out is a hell of a lot harder to do than poisoning.
She could've just tried again, I'm pretty sure that in 16 years she had plenty of time to figure out a humane method if that was her intention.

Or maybe she just wanted the guy who is somehow important to her, yet wants nothing to do with the contract or her family, to become attached to her daughters, via enforced time together, and therefore invested in her families survival and success. And those that want him dead took the opportunity.
That wouldn't stop her from having 100 people watching them. She controlled the time and location, and with the increased danger that the MC's presence brings to her own daughters, it makes even less sense.

I agree that she wanted the MC and the girls to become close, I think that part is pretty obvious. If I would have to guess, her attempt was probably aimed at bringing a measure of normalcy to her daughters since both of them have a lot of baggage and being with a civilian worked out nicely for Antonio.

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes