BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
im ready to try this game :p
Just keep in mind that’s the „if you are faint of heart“ disclaimer for one of Luna‘s missions where you can choose a shorter or longer Version. Maaaan, this one goes right in the feels..

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Just keep in mind that’s the „if you are faint of heart“ disclaimer for one of Luna‘s missions where you can choose a shorter or longer Version. Maaaan, this one goes right in the feels..
Second that, and it's not only the feels (you probably will get that from the shorter version as well), it is also ripe with extreme violence, both physical and psychological. If you are faint of heart or just don't want stuff to escalate too far in a game like this, don't fear to click the "short version". This is not a "avoid boring content to get to the naughty bits" short version, it'll really help you sleep better at night. As a story driven game however, the long version is the one you should be going for.

Reactions: Ayhsel

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Like Cartageno said, in the next update (0.07), everyone will need to start all over again from the beginning due to the new added in mechanics in gameplay.
So unless you don't mind starting from beginning again when that's released, I'd suggest postpone playing this game until then (just engrave in your memory "Must start DeLuca Family on next update)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Second that, and it's not only the feels (you probably will get that from the shorter version as well), it is also ripe with extreme violence, both physical and psychological. If you are faint of heart or just don't want stuff to escalate too far in a game like this, don't fear to click the "short version". This is not a "avoid boring content to get to the naughty bits" short version, it'll really help you sleep better at night. As a story driven game however, the long version is the one you should be going for.
Luna's mission has a clearly darker feeling than the rest of the novel, that is true. But it is not like it is the worse I have read. So please go for the full route. In fact, I would remove the short version altogether, in my opinion.

There are other stories that felt worse in my opinion. I welcome all of you to try them.

Like Cartageno said, in the next update (0.07), everyone will need to start all over again from the beginning due to the new added in mechanics in gameplay.
So unless you don't mind starting from beginning again when that's released, I'd suggest postpone playing this game until then (just engrave in your memory "Must start DeLuca Family on next update)
This. really. As the game is not a full VN, ctrl skipping is harder and it may be worth to wait a few months till next version is released.

Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
It was funny before how some people read the disclaimer, but dismissed it and then complained right back at Hopes here afterwards saying "My name is Luna" was too dark. LOL

Yeah, as everyone has been saying Max1276 whenever you start this game, take heed to Hopes' disclaimer before that story. Because if you don't and go through the long version, and if it's not to your liking (majority of fans [including myself] love it, but there are some who don't), you'll probably regret it.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
It was funny before how some people read the disclaimer, but dismissed it and then complained right back at Hopes here afterwards saying "My name is Luna" was too dark. LOL

Yeah, as everyone has been saying Max1276 whenever you start this game, take heed to Hopes' disclaimer before that story. Because if you don't and go through the long version, and if it's not to your liking (majority of fans [including myself] love it, but there are some who don't), you'll probably regret it.
I also feel like you have to read to have a deeper understanding to Luna. The most amazing thing about VN is to put yourself into the eyes of a character a live their story. Luna's chapter does a good job providing that.

It is a waste in my opinion to avoid it. But I can understand it, I guess. So I guess I am wrong and the short version is fine for impressionable people. I mean, to have the option and not pick it is always an at least as good alternative, it is just that so much is lost by reading the short one. Like going to a rollercoster park and not picking the most thrilling ride.

There is probably a reason why My name is Luna is the player's favorite chapter.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
I also feel like you have to read to have a deeper understanding to Luna. The most amazing thing about VN is to put yourself into the eyes of a character a live their story. Luna's chapter does a good job providing that.

It is a waste in my opinion to avoid it. But I can understand it, I guess. So I guess I am wrong and the short version is fine for impressionable people. I mean, to have the option and not pick it is always an at least as good alternative, it is just that so much is lost by reading the short one. Like going to a rollercoster park and not picking the most thrilling ride.

There is probably a reason why My name is Luna is the player's favorite chapter.
the favorite chapter is the promise when Luna gives MC the gun and in her character profile, you can read "he did it, he really did it'

Reactions: Zirael Q

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018

No you're not wrong in your analysis at all. The player (through MC) does not fully get to understand Luna until that chapter, and the full version of it basically peels back all the layers of Luna's psyche, the trauma where she feels really vulnerable and isn't comfortable in sharing with others.
The full version also conveys the entire impact and emotional feels that she went through and it is the version that I'd recommend to any new players of the game (unless they are really intolerant of stories with dark, grim elements).
Short version, while giving the gist of what happened, just lacks the whole emotional punch (which full version has).

That's not surprising, since the full version is Hopes' true version (of what he probably expects most of his playerbase to experience). But I don't mind that he gave an option of short version. Sure, I'll always be going through the long version and will probably never really care about the short version, but I guess it's there as an option for those other people, and personally I enjoy Hopes shutting down those who complain saying "Did you even read the disclamer? The short version is there for a reason." :LOL: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: c3p0 and Ayhsel

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Sure, I'll always be going through the long version and will probably never really care about the short version, but I guess it's there as an option for those other people, and personally I enjoy Hopes shutting down those who complain saying "Did you even read the disclamer? The short version is there for a reason." :LOL: :ROFLMAO:
Might be a good opportunity for another chapter in the life of Filius Canis

• Haha
Reactions: c3p0 and JJJ84

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
the favorite chapter is the promise when Luna gives MC the gun and in her character profile, you can read "he did it, he really did it'
I love regularily checking the character quotes, commenting on the story and adding a great extra layer. I am always afraid however that the order in which I play the game (main quests vs character quests) may make me miss out on some.

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
whenever you start this game, take heed to Hopes' disclaimer before that story. Because if you don't and go through the long version, and if it's not to your liking (majority of fans [including myself] love it, but there are some who don't), you'll probably regret it.
[/QUOTE]

Just to be clear, I love long version. Would not change it a bit and it explains a lot about .. well ... her.

As a father of 3 with 2 girls this kind of story hits hard.

Still great story telling there! Want more!
And no disrespect to any other Lady in the game, after my protective instinct kicked in its Luna, all others are fine to be around but can go dust the sun

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I love regularily checking the character quotes, commenting on the story and adding a great extra layer. I am always afraid however that the order in which I play the game (main quests vs character quests) may make me miss out on some.
I find myself going back through the replays in gellery, checking quotes, and try to find anything that I might have missed the first time.
That's how I noticed Luna's mention of TJ the gunsmith, at the Musala Hill (Bees) event. Hopes originally had no plans for him, but after I asked him, he said he might add him. Not a definite yes, but not a definite no either, so I'm somewhat optimistic about that (though even if he decides not to add TJ, I'd understand).

Come to think of it, here's another question of similar nature to HopesGaming:

1) There's another character that I'm wondering about after watching the Replay of "Can I have this?" chapter (Chapter where MC captures Eiza, the Carnefice Family assassin girl).
Any possible future plans for the DeLuca Family's female interrogator, who Wilfred didn't wake up (to interrogate Eiza) cause "ladies need their beauty sleep"?
With DeLuca, whenever an unknown character gets mentioned in the game by either any of the main cast or other characters, I guess curiosity gets the better of me, & I get the urge to ask you something like this. ;) Hope you don't mind.

Last edited:

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I find myself going back through the replays in gellery, checking quotes, and try to find anything that I might have missed the first time.
That's how I noticed Luna's mention of TJ the gunsmith, at the Musala Hill (Bees) event. Hopes originally had no plans for him, but after I asked him, he said he might add him. Not a definite yes, but not a definite no either, so I'm somewhat optimistic about that (though even if he decides not to add TJ, I'd understand).

Come to think of it, here's another question of similar nature to HopesGaming:

1) There's another character that I'm wondering about after watching the Replay of "Can I have this?" chapter (Chapter where MC captures Eiza, the Carnefice Family assassin girl).
Any possible future plans for the DeLuca Family's female interrogator, who Wilfred didn't wake up (to interrogate Eiza) cause "ladies need their beauty sleep"?
With DeLuca, whenever an unknown character gets mentioned in the game by either any of the main cast or other characters, I guess curiosity gets the better of me, & I get the urge to ask you something like this. ;) Hope you don't mind.
She will appear.
Can't promise how big of a role she gets tho.
With this game, we're going to meet a large variety of people and I don't want the mindset of feeling that each meeting has a bigger part than it has. Tho, maybe she gets a big role! We see when we get there because at the moment I don't know either, heh.

4.40 star(s) 492 Votes