Demonius

Oct 28, 2018
Does the developer update this game for only once in a year ? I mean a year is a long time for an update correct me if I am wrong. I wanted to ask because I think It's a bit odd because as you know in most games an update takes 5 months max.
he completely recoded the game and changed several aspects of the game play between the v0.06 and v0.07 releases

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Does the developer update this game for only once in a year ? I mean a year is a long time for an update correct me if I am wrong. I wanted to ask because I think It's a bit odd because as you know in most games an update takes 5 months max.
Read the v0.07 part of the changelog in the OP. There you will find the answer as to why the recent update took longer than usual.
Also, Dev said the future updates will be shorter, yet quicker more often than not.

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
That is possible of course but while MC and Gracie wandering around Lucania, Gracie impersonates both Cordia and Luna using their common words. While Cordias impersonation was a long speech about the importance of family, Lvna impersonation was "Did I kill your brother?" So, I am assuming Luna use that line a lot, maybe even one of her common line when she meet with someone first time.

Well, we dont know if he used his full potential or just enough for a show off. Besides even if he is not enough to handle MC, he can still scheme behind him, being his nemesis not necessarily means he is equavalent of MC in my opinion, there is always sneaky options. Maybe they can become Capos at the sametime and that starts a rivallary, maybe after that someone from their crews fight and that lead a rivallary etc. Or maybe he can become another Jalen for MC in the future, we dont know for sure(If hopes clerified his being MCs rival, I am sorry for that claim).

Actually that line was suprising for me. That was the first time MC sounded confident about something. (It is an introduction scene but it newly added) After seeing him so afraid about everything for a long time, that new entrance scene was odd for me.
Regarding MC's remarks about Dominico, well the thing is, we still don't know much about MC's past (since a lot of it's still kept under wraps). But one thing is certain - he did spend a considerable amount of time of his childhood with the Kaskar Family, after his first meeting with Jalen.

So who knows. Perhaps in his time spent with the Kaskars, he could have been taught some fighting techniques or self-defense moves there that he rarely shows because of his personality to try to make others underestimate him.
Regarding Dominico himself, perhaps it's just me but I think he might just surprise MC in some ways when they come into contact again (since we know the 4 Serpents will be taking MC and Dominico to train in the mountains somewhere down the line), and his "show-off" performance in the game's introduction was only part of what he can do.
But I guess time will tell.

LOL Luna's "Did I kill your brother?" or "How are you still alive?" lines I feel have become so iconic to her character heh, but Joey's "I grew a beard" line is not too far behind lmao :ROFLMAO:
Luna's did I kill your brother joke is great, but I think there is a good chance that we will find out that she really did or will kill a brother of ours. It would be hilarious Luna laughing her ass off because she actually killed our brother.

As far as Dominico, the MC's confidence early was odd that's why I read a lot into it. Given what we see and find out later about the MC liking to be underestimated and the fact that he beat a Quasi-Capo. I just can't see Dominico as a rival, and no I don't believe Hopes ever said that he would be a rival it was just speculation based on their first scene.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Luna's did I kill your brother joke is great, but I think there is a good chance that we will find out that she really did or will kill a brother of ours. It would be hilarious Luna laughing her ass off because she actually killed our brother.

As far as Dominico, the MC's confidence early was odd that's why I read a lot into it. Given what we see and find out later about the MC liking to be underestimated and the fact that he beat a Quasi-Capo. I just can't see Dominico as a rival, and no I don't believe Hopes ever said that he would be a rival it was just speculation based on their first scene.
lol I could be wrong, but I'm leaning more towards probably not.
If Luna for some reason does killed or will kill MC's brother, I don't know. I just don't think she'll find the humor in it like in her original encounter with the MC.
Back when she first met the MC, she could basically say that line and laugh it off because she didn't know MC at all. But now, she's basically setting her foot in the "love" territory in terms of her feelings regarding the MC.
Just feels like a completely different situation.

This is just my thought, but with the Luna we've gotten to know by the end of v0.07.2, I feel if she has done something which seriously affects MC (regardless of whether MC is aware of it or not), I get the feeling she will be more concerned, and a bit wary about how MC will react, instead of laughing it off as a joke.

Regarding Dominico, well no one knows for sure whether he will actually be the rival or not (only Hopes does).
But whether Dominico actually becomes MC's rival or not, one fact remains true; MC will have a rival, which the 4 Serpents will take both (MC & the rival) to the mountains to train somewhere down the storyline (this was confirmed by Hopes in an answer to one of my old questions "Will we ever see the 4 Serpents together in one place?").

And it really doesn't make sense for Dominico to appear so early in the storyline (as if the narrative is hyping him up a bit) if he doesn't come into the story as a major factor in the future.
While I could be wrong, only way I'm seeing the reason for his early appearance, is for him to be the rival to the MC (cause otherwise, Hopes will need to set up another character to be a rival for the 4 Serpents mountain training event. Dominico already has some sort of animosity towards the MC. Sounds like a good fit for a rival to me).

To add, Dominico looks to be pretty similar age to MC, as well as same rank of Soldato (well not in the beginning of game, but as of v0.07.2 I mean, unless Dominico ranked up to Elite Soldato between that time), factors that I think can attribute to having good rivalry relationship: 2 individuals in same age group moving up in ranks trying to outdo each other.

But as I said, only time will tell how it all plays out.

Last edited:

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
lol I could be wrong, but I'm leaning more towards probably not.
If Luna for some reason does killed or will kill MC's brother, I don't know. I just don't think she'll find the humor in it like in her original encounter with the MC.
Back when she first met the MC, she could basically say that line and laugh it off because she didn't know MC at all. But now, she's basically setting her foot in the "love" territory in terms of her feelings regarding the MC.
Just feels like a completely different situation.

This is just my thought, but with the Luna we've gotten to know by the end of v0.07.2, I feel if she has done something which seriously affects MC (regardless of whether MC is aware of it or not), I get the feeling she will be more concerned, and a bit wary about how MC will react, instead of laughing it off as a joke.

Regarding Dominico, well no one knows for sure whether he will actually be the rival or not (only Hopes does).
But whether Dominico actually becomes MC's rival or not, one fact remains true; MC will have a rival, which the 4 Serpents will take both (MC & the rival) to the mountains to train somewhere down the storyline (this was confirmed by Hopes in an answer to one of my old questions "Will we ever see the 4 Serpents together in one place?").

And it really doesn't make sense for Dominico to appear so early in the storyline (as if the narrative is hyping him up a bit) if he doesn't come into the story as a major factor in the future.
While I could be wrong, only way I'm seeing the reason for his early appearance, is for him to be the rival to the MC (cause otherwise, Hopes will need to set up another character to be a rival for the 4 Serpents mountain training event. Dominico already has some sort of animosity towards the MC. Sounds like a good fit for a rival to me).

To add, Dominico looks to be pretty similar age to MC, as well as same rank of Soldato (well not in the beginning of game, but as of v0.07.2 I mean, unless Dominico ranked up to Elite Soldato between that time), factors that I think can attribute to having good rivalry relationship: 2 individuals in same age group moving up in ranks trying to outdo each other.

But as I said, only time will tell how it all plays out.
As far as Luna laughing goes it would depend on circumstances. I kind of expect that the MC will be going up against his father and his new found family at some point later in the game. So if it was a situation where she ended up helping out the MC I can definitely see her laughing about it probably apologize after but definitely laughing about actually killing his brother. It's not like the MC has a lot of love for people he has never met or the Father he barely remembers.

I understand and I agree that Dominico does set up as a rival. The showoff vs the underestimated it makes sense. But that early internal dialog by the MC says he already thinks he's better. It just seem like Hopes gave us a hint early on that the MC is far more advanced than we know. Which is why I said I can't really see him as a rival. I think it will be played up and at some point they will face off, but if the MC already thought that he was beneath him than it's not really a rivalry. The MC will always make it look like he just barely came out on top that's his way. Like you said we will have to wait and see, and obviously Hopes is the only one who knows what will happen.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
As far as Luna laughing goes it would depend on circumstances. I kind of expect that the MC will be going up against his father and his new found family at some point later in the game. So if it was a situation where she ended up helping out the MC I can definitely see her laughing about it probably apologize after but definitely laughing about actually killing his brother. It's not like the MC has a lot of love for people he has never met or the Father he barely remembers.

I understand and I agree that Dominico does set up as a rival. The showoff vs the underestimated it makes sense. But that early internal dialog by the MC says he already thinks he's better. It just seem like Hopes gave us a hint early on that the MC is far more advanced than we know. Which is why I said I can't really see him as a rival. I think it will be played up and at some point they will face off, but if the MC already thought that he was beneath him than it's not really a rivalry. The MC will always make it look like he just barely came out on top that's his way. Like you said we will have to wait and see, and obviously Hopes is the only one who knows what will happen.
I think in my eyes, it's not really the case of how MC reacts, but more so of how Luna starts being more aware of and being considerate of how MC might feel.
Remember that scene in Beach prison event where Luna stops Gracie (obliviously) digging into MC's early childhood too much (saying "Gracie! He said another time!") because she is aware of the painful childhood with the "mom issues" he has?
Also, there's the scene with Jalen which she picks up on at the end of their meeting when he says "If your Family has malicious intent towards the MC with your contract, I will be there for my brother whether it's myself or with my family."
Gracie didn't catch the meaning behind the words, but Luna saw the meaning behind it all and understood Jalen's intentions.

Above two cases show Luna is very considerate towards what may impact those closest to her, and can be sensitive towards what others may go through.
So perhaps it's just me, but even if she fights against MC's Family (whether it's father or brother) and ends up killing them, I just don't see her laughing.
Perhaps Gracie would, considering she's shown to be less considerate or sensitive and in awareness to in above 2 situations (though with Gracie I guess lack of social interaction comes as a huge factor), but with Luna I think if she comes off laughing, in my view it would really contradict the compassionate side of hers we've seen, especially considering MC is no longer a complete stranger, and is now someone who is in her circle of trust (and even loves), and that feels very much like a regression in character depth if I'm being honest.

Because initial impression we (and MC) have of her is the "crazy girl who likes killing and takes joy from it" but we've come to realize she's so much more than that.
To see her react that way after killing off someone in MC's Family (regardless of how MC feels about them), well my reaction would be disappointed to say the least.
For me, if she does end up fighting and killing any of MC's family members, I'd see her to do it in a more solemn way, and without jokes.

With Dominico, yes that is what MC thought looking at Dominico sparring. But just observing and actually fighting are 2 completely different things (I mean one can look at a fighter and think they can take this guy on, but actually get into it and find out that he's much more than expected).
We've only seen one very short training scene with Dominico, and we (and MC for that matter) don't know yet what Dominico is capable when pushed to his limits.
And that will actually happen to MC as well. Right now, he's barely scraping by making himself look weak using cunning and tactics in his fights, but that can only go so far. He'd eventually (sooner or later) be pushed to reveal what he can really do, and perhaps both MC and Dominico will end up in a situation where they are both pushing themselves to their limits in a competitive way as rivals (with both of them one-up each other along the way on their rise in ranks).
Well, at least that's how I think may go down anyway lol.

But as said before, all conjectures from my end. Gotta know much more about Dominico before I can make more of solid opinion on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lord Verminaard

WhiteyG

Sep 30, 2020
I think in my eyes, it's not really the case of how MC reacts, but more so of how Luna starts being more aware of and being considerate of how MC might feel.
Remember that scene in Beach prison event where Luna stops Gracie (obliviously) digging into MC's early childhood too much (saying "Gracie! He said another time!") because she is aware of the painful childhood with the "mom issues" he has?
Also, there's the scene with Jalen which she picks up on at the end of their meeting when he says "If your Family has malicious intent towards the MC with your contract, I will be there for my brother whether it's myself or with my family."
Gracie didn't catch the meaning behind the words, but Luna saw the meaning behind it all and understood Jalen's intentions.

Above two cases show Luna is very considerate towards what may impact those closest to her, and can be sensitive towards what others may go through.
So perhaps it's just me, but even if she fights against MC's Family (whether it's father or brother) and ends up killing them, I just don't see her laughing.
Perhaps Gracie would, considering she's shown to be less considerate or sensitive and in awareness to in above 2 situations (though with Gracie I guess lack of social interaction comes as a huge factor), but with Luna I think if she comes off laughing, in my view it would really contradict the compassionate side of hers we've seen, especially considering MC is no longer a complete stranger, and is now someone who is in her circle of trust (and even loves), and that feels very much like a regression in character depth if I'm being honest.

Because initial impression we (and MC) have of her is the "crazy girl who likes killing and takes joy from it" but we've come to realize she's so much more than that.
To see her react that way after killing off someone in MC's Family (regardless of how MC feels about them), well my reaction would be disappointed to say the least.
For me, if she does end up fighting and killing any of MC's family members, I'd see her to do it in a more solemn way, and without jokes.

With Dominico, yes that is what MC thought looking at Dominico sparring. But just observing and actually fighting are 2 completely different things (I mean one can look at a fighter and think they can take this guy on, but actually get into it and find out that he's much more than expected).
We've only seen one very short training scene with Dominico, and we (and MC for that matter) don't know yet what Dominico is capable when pushed to his limits.
And that will actually happen to MC as well. Right now, he's barely scraping by making himself look weak using cunning and tactics in his fights, but that can only go so far. He'd eventually (sooner or later) be pushed to reveal what he can really do, and perhaps both MC and Dominico will end up in a situation where they are both pushing themselves to their limits in a competitive way as rivals (with both of them one-up each other along the way on their rise in ranks).
Well, at least that's how I think may go down anyway lol.

But as said before, all conjectures from my end. Gotta know much more about Dominico before I can make more of solid opinion on him.
Obviously we see the situation unfolding differently with Luna, and when this game isn't incredibly fucked up and depressing it's usually very funny. That's why I see it as a comedic moment not a sad one. As far as the MC and Dominico apparently I was being to subtle. I think the MC is basically already at Serpent Level. I'm guessing his shitty childhood was really just training by his mother. He knows how dangerous the people are around him and yet he isn't fazed. Look at the way he interacts with Mr High Five Guy. Everyone else kisses his ass but the MC doesn't pay him any real respect.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I think the MC is basically already at Serpent Level. I'm guessing his shitty childhood was really just training by his mother. He knows how dangerous the people are around him and yet he isn't fazed. Look at the way he interacts with Mr High Five Guy. Everyone else kisses his ass but the MC doesn't pay him any real respect.
Regarding him being already at Serpent Level, who knows. Gildart's mention of MC's assessment was very ambiguous in the Ombra mission and wasn't clear cut (in complete contrast to Wilfred's Gracie assessment, who he mentions time and time again "her abilities are that of Serpent level or above" in order to pressure Cordia to have Gracie join the Family). For all we know, Wilfred could have a level of evaluation above Serpent level that even Cordia herself is unaware of called "Consigliere level" or "Don level" lol

To be honest, I don't think MC's level of his abilities has anything to do with why he acted that way with "Serpent."
I think MC was purely just mad that he was treated such a way in their initial meet (i.e. with "Serpent" slapping his face after Straffan meeting), and just wanted to let "Serpent" know that he (MC) just doesn't like him, even though he's hopelessly weak lmao :LOL::ROFLMAO:.

And "Serpent", well I guess he can't really treat MC with punishment etc due to how valuable MC is to the Family, and the complex history "Serpent" himself likely has with MC's mom Rina (I mean, MC is the son of the woman he loves, but also the son of man he despises).
So a lot of complex emotions & thoughts between these two characters, but they also make them act more sincere, and truthful towards each other when , without facade I think.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Obviously we see the situation unfolding differently with Luna, and when this game isn't incredibly fucked up and depressing it's usually very funny. That's why I see it as a comedic moment not a sad one. As far as the MC and Dominico apparently I was being to subtle. I think the MC is basically already at Serpent Level. I'm guessing his shitty childhood was really just training by his mother. He knows how dangerous the people are around him and yet he isn't fazed. Look at the way he interacts with Mr High Five Guy. Everyone else kisses his ass but the MC doesn't pay him any real respect.
I don't see the MC around Serpents level. The whole fight against the Quasi-Capo doesn't look for me that the MC was on such a different level then his opponent.
I don't detect any Frieza vibes coming from this fight.

Als, as other already pointed out, we don't know what Dominico is capable of. Is he really is MC rival I would think that he would be on the same power level as the MC himself. So if the MC isn't impressed by Dominico's showcase fight then I assume it is because he hasn't seen his full potential yet.

Even if the MC is on a Serpent level to hide his real potential I think most won't use 100% of their potential if it is not needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJJ84

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Obviously we see the situation unfolding differently with Luna, and when this game isn't incredibly fucked up and depressing it's usually very funny. That's why I see it as a comedic moment not a sad one.
Yeah, we do see it differently.
But the game doesn't have just those 2 extremes (fucked up and depressing vs comedy).
It does have several moments of seriousness where it doesn't get fucked up or depressing.

While I love the comedic moments in this game, I really wouldn't find it funny at all if they turned that scene into a funny moment (with the reasons I stated already).

But hey, I'll just interpret that as difference in our comedy tastes.

Last edited:

Lord Verminaard

Mar 14, 2018
Obviously we see the situation unfolding differently with Luna, and when this game isn't incredibly fucked up and depressing it's usually very funny. That's why I see it as a comedic moment not a sad one.
About that Luna killing MCs relatives thing, I think both of reactions lacking at one point. Your initial assumption was MC's relatives was or was working for Mysterious Six. In this case, I am sure of that both Luna and MC would see them as targets to eliminate, nothing more.

The way I see it, Luna wouldnt make any comments about it due to possibility of hurting MC's feelings and try to avoid relate her tormentors to someone who she deeply love. MC on th other hand, wouldnt acknownlegde any blood-bond to those who made Luna's life hell. Besides we know MC hates his father (or at least what happened after he left) and he dont know anyyhing about his siblings, why would they become important after their death?

To be honest, I don't think MC's level of his abilities has anything to do with why he acted that way with "Serpent."
I think MC was purely just mad that he was treated such a way in their initial meet (i.e. with "Serpent" slapping his face after Straffan meeting), and just wanted to let "Serpent" know that he (MC) just doesn't like him, even though he's hopelessly weak lmao
Me neither, but there isnt any clear indication of his potential/power level. All we know that he has high potential.

When I am thinking about it Gildart slightly opposed about MC being at serpent potential at Ombra mission yet he didnt clerify anything after that. In my opinion Gildarts that reaction leaves two possiblities, either MC succesfully fooled Gildart and Wilfred or he really isnt at serpent potential. I think latter is more possible.

The whole fight against the Quasi-Capo doesn't look for me that the MC was on such a different level then his opponent.
Well, Gildart commented about it minutes later. He said MC always outfight his opponent barely, no matter situation, so most logical conclvsion is he done that again. The reason could be he was aware of he is being watched or for him barely outfighting his opponent is natural thing he done regardless of situation.

Reactions: c3p0 and Roche3945

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Now I'm imagining that MC and Luna run into some of his family as antagonists, and the two of them fight his (really tough) brother with Luna finally finishing him off. Then afterwards as they are catching their breath, MC is like "Hey Luna, you remember when we first met?" Luna: "Hmm?" MC: "You thought you had killed my brother?" Luna: :unsure: ...and then they both just break down giggling.

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Als, as other already pointed out, we don't know what Dominico is capable of. Is he really is MC rival I would think that he would be on the same power level as the MC himself. So if the MC isn't impressed by Dominico's showcase fight then I assume it is because he hasn't seen his full potential yet.
Being a rival just means that they are competing for the same goal.
It doesn't automatically mean that they are at the same skill level.
We do know that MC will only show "just enough" skill to beat his opponent.
This makes me think that MC is looking at Dominico, who is putting on a show, and recognising that he is not a threat.
I think, as you suggest, that this could be a situation where MC has underestimated his opponent.
Maybe Dominico only did was necessary to beat the other 2 & has a lot more in his bag...

This will, presumably, be settled at the Frenetico.

Reactions: JJJ84 and c3p0

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
With this, we do not know if it is intentionally done by the MC, or if it's just something that comes naturally to him.
It may not be surreptitiously chosen by him, perhaps it's just autonomic?

We also do not know what his current upper limit is.
He saved Luna & beat the quasi-Capo, all while appearing totally out of his depth & bewildered.
The Contracts also add to his accomplishments.
He outsmarted the Nuns. He took total charge of the Snooping Bonans, with Leilanna (can't remember her rank, is she Elite?).

I wonder if/when the MC will face a challenge he cannot (yet) overcome...
Perhaps Dominico can give him the Hero's Journey failure, before the Frenetico, then MC faces him in the tournament, expected to lose again, but pulls off the win using knowledge learned in the defeat?
Well, at the moment, he feels content with where he is at, being at Soldato and not wanting to advance.
He's never felted the need (or desire) to become stronger yet.
When he, along with his rival get their training from the 4 Serpents some time later in the story, I think would be the time where he realizes before then that just his "survival mode" and "doing barely enough" to beat the opponents is no longer enough.

I mean it could happen when MC comes up against a much higher ranked member of an opposing Family. But it would be really interesting for me if MC does take a loss against Dominico in a practice match that really gets heated (and ends with Dominico pulling an unexpected move that MC didn't expect at all).

And like you said in Frenetico, MC gets serious and goes all out (no holding back) with Dominico in their spectacular bout that is close and with MC winning in the end (with loud applause from many in the stands, if there are any in the stadium. I'm guessing there are lol. And MC and Dominico's bout is talked about for a long time even after the Tournament is over).

Seen some say before that they think (and wish) MC is gonna last a long time in this world just using his "survival mode" and "doing just enough" attributes, but I disagree, and personally am not a fan of that route in terms of story.
One can only go so far without improvement, and if MC continues rising in ranks more and more without showing his limit and getting some training, sooner or later plausibility of it all drops significantly.

Reactions: c3p0 and whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Well, at the moment, he feels content with where he is at, being at Soldato and not wanting to advance.
He's never felted the need (or desire) to become stronger yet.
When he, along with his rival get their training from the 4 Serpents some time later in the story, I think would be the time where he realizes before then that just his "survival mode" and "doing barely enough" to beat the opponents is no longer enough.

I mean it could happen when MC comes up against a much higher ranked member of an opposing Family. But it would be really interesting for me if MC does take a loss against Dominico in a practice match that really gets heated (and ends with Dominico pulling an unexpected move that MC didn't expect at all).

And like you said in Frenetico, MC gets serious and goes all out (no holding back) with Dominico in their spectacular bout that is close and with MC winning in the end (with loud applause from many in the stands, if there are any in the stadium. I'm guessing there are lol. And MC and Dominico's bout is talked about for a long time even after the Tournament is over).

Seen some say before that they think (and wish) MC is gonna last a long time in this world just using his "survival mode" and "doing just enough" attributes, but I disagree, and personally am not a fan of that route in terms of story.
One can only go so far without improvement, and if MC continues rising in ranks more and more without showing his limit and getting some training, sooner or later plausibility of it all drops significantly.
Yeah, being naturally good will only take you so far.
Without practice & training others, with lower natural skill, can overtake your competency quite quickly.
I wonder if the Contracts are not MC's training ground?
So, without the skills, he cannot take charge with Leilanna as much and certainly doesn't command the respect of the Nuns, who send him on a wild goose chase.
Compared to when he has the skills and they don't even attempt it with him.
All those failures, with the old Soldato, etc. which we can now complete easily, maybe they're indicative of the MC's progress?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yeah, being naturally good will only take you so far.
Without practice & training others, with lower natural skill, can overtake your competency quite quickly.
I wonder if the Contracts are not MC's training ground?
So, without the skills, he cannot take charge with Leilanna as much and certainly doesn't command the respect of the Nuns, who send him on a wild goose chase.
Compared to when he has the skills and they don't even attempt it with him.
All those failures, with the old Soldato, etc. which we can now complete easily, maybe they're indicative of the MC's progress?
Perhaps (regarding contracts being training).
And perhaps Frenetico is like the Midterms or the Finals in terms of test of their abilities (in a non-lethal way).

Though even with the contracts and the MC's stats increasing, he always held back hiding what he can really do (as with Gildart's assessment of MC's fight with the Quasi-Capo).

Don't know how others feel about this, but I'd actually love to see situations where for MC, holding back is no longer an option.

Not saying this has to happen immediately, but I'd say probably when MC is at the rank of Elite Soldato (for a while) may just be a reasonable time for it to happen. Since only especially high level proven soldiers reach Capo rank, and if MC reaches that rank, the facade of "being underestimated" really fades for the most part, since the rank speaks for itself).

Reactions: whichone

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
Don't know how others feel about this, but I'd actually love to see situations where for MC, holding back is no longer an option.

Not saying this has to happen immediately, but I'd say probably when MC is at the rank of Elite Soldato (for a while) may just be a reasonable time for it to happen. Since only especially high level proven soldiers reach Capo rank, and if MC reaches that rank, the facade of "being underestimated" really fades for the most part, since the rank speaks for itself).
I think this will happen naturally.
I mean, there's clearly a Mysterious Six showdown coming. I imagine the 6 will be pretty highly skilled & MC will be pushed to, at least, his maximum.
Could certainly see that being something which warrants his promotion to Capo &, as you say, everyone will be aware of how badass he is, by that point.
The reputation from taking down the M6 is big enough, on its own. Add being a Capo to that, a position which commands respect on its own, yeah, he can't stay under the radar forever.

I definitely agree, that it feels as though he's going to have some situation/opponent that he underestimates. Everything points to Dominico, for this.
As we said before, I think the Frenetico will be his comeback & will give others a glimpse of what he's really capable of, but even that won't be him at maximum capability.
It's gonna take something big, like a fight with the M6, to push him all the way.

Last edited:

Angelsong

Jul 19, 2018
For users who run Linux and receive an error when opening the game, try this:
Code:
Delete the following folders from 0.7.2 and see if that works:

lib/pythonlib2.7
lib/linux-i686/eggs
lib/linux-i686/lib
lib/linux-x86_64/eggs
lib/linux-x86_64/lib
Currently works for me. Found this post from a pinned message on The Deluca Family's Discord. Seems that Ren'Py SDK 7.3.5 files got mixed back in accidentally. I hope they fix this next update but in the mean time this should do it.

4.40 star(s) 494 Votes