Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
No it isn't. It's about 1900/month after Patreon's cut, it's nowhere close for me to live on and Hopes country is slightly costlier to live in than mine.

And why the hell would he move somewhere just because some impatient whiners on a internet forum wants their free stuff faster, that's asinine......
And it's not the money to live on only. There might be taxes (though at a low enough income there might not be) and you have to pay for your own tools when you're self employed which an employer would cover otherwise. You need a working space with proper equipment besides from a computer, but the computer itself - even if only one - will be more expensive than the ones we use privately and you will burn faster through it. There's proper furniture, software licensing, possibly you'll need a better ISP. Not all of it major but it adds up. I don't know about Scandinavia but over here also all kinds of insurances (health, inability to work, retirement funds) are more expensive because usually the employer will cover half of it which now you have to pay as well.

Yes, you can survive on that amount, at least here, but it is a meagre living, combined with a low quality of life, no "pocket money" if you want to have fun once in a while (and that only if you do not have others, like kids, to pay for) - and extremely insecure, Patreons might leave tomorrow and you're out of an income stream. Why leave a well paying job for that if you got it and risk losing everything? Especially when you also want to set a dollar or two aside for when you retire and still want to eat.

How to say "I'm a spoiled brat living in mom's basement and have no idea about the real cost of living" without saying "I'm a spoiled brat living in mom's basement and have no idea about the real cost of living". :cautious:
Sure, some devs indeed have a very comfortable support base. A dozen or so. But as you with most people who talk about how much income developer X has, I get the feeling they compare it to pocket money you get when mowing uncle John's lawn - it's all for you, it's extra money, and everything major is just there somehow. Probably without even knowing what kind of expenses may exist.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Sure, some devs indeed have a very comfortable support base. A dozen or so. But as you with most people who talk about how much income developer X has, I get the feeling they compare it to pocket money you get when mowing uncle John's lawn - it's all for you, it's extra money, and everything major is just there somehow. Probably without even knowing what kind of expenses may exist.
It wouldn't surprise me if a significant portion of the whiners have never ever had rent or mortgage payments, utilities bills to cover, car & insurance payment, etc, not to mention having a real girlfriend and taking her out on dates.

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
The lack of sex don't matter for me. I could easy go without sex in this game. (y)

Well, looks like you are a victim of of your own success/story/idea(?) Pick what suits yourself...

But, I have to say - and you have noticed and mentioned yourself.

Your devtime sucks, point!

I'm am not here to smartass on you, or to tell you what I think you should improve to get a better at this subject.
Also I have no desire to judge or shit on you or the conditions of your life - that is something I have absolutly no right to do, not even in farthest way.

Some guys here call many things, you know what, I for sure will not point it out. Thats not what I'm here for.

But If you are honest to yourself and have the desire to improve yourself, remove the thump out of your arse and think about your work ethic or whatever fits in your opinion - then you should be able to notice why are you moving sidewards.

In my opinion you are not stupid and surely not a fool, you have for sure noticed that something is odd.

You are not only sidestepping, but also going backwards.

I'm sure you have seen you numbers on patreon.

View attachment 2341404

You have lost close to a third of your patrons, and I'm sure - that beside your excuse about that complete "hobby" thing - this is nagging on you. - If I'm mistaken, keep it for yourself. :p

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of the lost patrons didn't leave because of the lack of sex in your story. But simply that they were disappointed - from the above mentioned point - and/or got the impression that you are not reliable.

I am honest, in my case it was a combination of both that made me leave.

In any ways I wish you the best of luck for the future and the upcoming release on steam.
You've put it really well into your post here, so I don't really have much to add other than I think that Consistency is key.
I love the game (if the number of questions I generally pose to HopesGaming wasn't already obvious enough, despite the number or usurpers, coups & pitchforks :HideThePain: ) and it's obviously my favorite, but if there's one thing currently holding it back, it's that.

Devs like Caribdis (for Eternum) & Perverteer (for Tales from the Unending Void), I'd say would be pretty good examples of consistency in development (3 months between releases?).

Of course, this being Hopes hobby game and him having his main job is also a factor, but given that s01 is almost done, and the road to Steam is getting closer and closer, I genuinely hope that the Steam release becomes a success, paving way for much more consistency (with quicker releases) than season 1.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
It wouldn't surprise me if a significant portion of the whiners have never ever had rent or mortgage payments, utilities bills to cover, car & insurance payment, etc, not to mention having a real girlfriend and taking her out on dates.
We do have most of it, not all, but it is sometimes scaring how fast your last pay cheque is out of the window.:cry:

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: Vasilji and JJJ84

Joey the mangaka

Sep 18, 2018
Seemed like the post release pitchfork event hasnt cooled down yet, so going to give it a bit more. But will be prepared to the usual Q&A after :)

To answer broad question.
Sorry if you dislike the lack of sex. I just make the game based on what I feel. Not planning to change that part hehe.
I neither add or don't add based on what people want. Just want I want.

About the game time. Sucks I know. Won't argue it.
Hobby game. Hence why game is free and support is not needed to get the game but only to support.
Once game is on Steam it won't be free and can't call it hobby and won't be making the game in a relaxed style as I do now. Tho I like living life relaxed hehe.

And yes, I see all the positive comment as well. Don't worry. I love you guys ❤ Gracie would also love you if she didn't get shot :D
the good side she get extra hole

• Haha
Reactions: HopesGaming

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
1900? What If he makes 2500, I'm calling BS, since Patreon takes nowhere near 20%?
$3 or less, 5% + 10 cents.
More than $3, 2.9% + 30 cents.
That's 15% over 1$ pledges, 9,5% over 5$ pledges, 5.9% over 10$ pledges, and keeps going lower and lower the higher the pledge
So even if every single one of those 2500$ total were 1$ pledges, patreon would only at most take 15%. If he makes 2500, and only takes home 1900, the math isn't mathing. That's over 20%
----------
i'm not talking about anything besides the math here. I don't care if updates are slower because this is a side gig, I like the game. I just wanted to call out the misinformation that patreon takes over 20%. Just that, nothing else
As I said earlier, i don't remember how much Patreon takes but it was a fair amount I think.

Doesn't make any difference though, that isn't enough live solely on.

• Angry
Reactions: operamini

Mortarion

Suicide is never the answer.
Donor
Oct 22, 2017
I think that Consistency is key.
Devs like Caribdis (for Eternum) & Perverteer (for Tales from the Unending Void), I'd say would be pretty good examples of consistency in development (3 months between releases?).
Yes, consistence is what makes a dev reliable.

There is no need for such big releases like Caribdis pumps out, we can even put Ocean in there (he may be outstretch sometimes but when he releases, he delivers!).

Rebirth it also a good example, the updates may be short, the game has lacked lewd for a long time, some updates have done nothing for the progress of the the story like "WFT was this release about?!" But the releases are consistent, not like a clockwork and the with it connected pressure/stress, that can't be healthy for the sanity of the dev.

There are always "that dudes" that complain about the lack of sex, this fetish or this content, but the game thread is civil,
well...
... mostly...

But not matter how lacking the "last" update felt, there is the knowledge that the dev is releasing the next update in a know timeframe - give or take a few days.

And when Hopes is able to reach this point, the rest should be easy.

I think it is alway good for a dev if he was solid to get through and able to complete a game as a reference, sort of...

Daemon88

Oct 7, 2018
This game is superb. The story itself is interesting and unique. The quality of the female characters both in looks and personality is so high I can honestly not choose a favourite. The lack of lewd scenes is not an issue for me, more would be great sure, but the most recent two were fantastic.
I also love the interactions between the main three characters. The banter about the cake at the table was absolutely awesome, and the fact Izzy has started to join in makes it even more special.

Of course the only downside, which has been mentioned numerous times, is the slow development. Dev has acknowledged this though so hopefully when it goes live on Steam things will improve dramatically in this regard.

Looking forward to the next instalment.

Reactions: lonelyk

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Yes, consistence is what makes a dev reliable.

There is no need for such big releases like Caribdis pumps out, we can even put Ocean in there (he may be outstretch sometimes but when he releases, he delivers!).

Rebirth it also a good example, the updates may be short, the game has lacked lewd for a long time, some updates have done nothing for the progress of the the story like "WFT was this release about?!" But the releases are consistent, not like a clockwork and the with it connected pressure/stress, that can't be healthy for the sanity of the dev.

There are always "that dudes" that complain about the lack of sex, this fetish or this content, but the game thread is civil,
well...
... mostly...

But not matter how lacking the "last" update felt, there is the knowledge that the dev is releasing the next update in a know timeframe - give or take a few days.

And when Hopes is able to reach this point, the rest should be easy.

I think it is alway good for a dev if he was solid to get through and able to complete a game as a reference, sort of...
Yeah, I think another key difference between Hopes and Caribdis may be that if what Caribdis's previous game Once in a Lifetime is any indication, Caribdis pretty much splits his whole game into 10 chapters/10 releases and the game is pretty much done in those 10 releases (while he may choose different with Eternum, I have a feeling he'll use the same approach there as he did with OIAL).
So taking that into account, I think each of his updates end up being massively chunky (to the delight of us players).

But with Hopes' DeLuca, given its multi-season format, I'd say Perv's TFTUV & as you said Ocean's SG (which I somehow forgot to mention :FacePalm: ) would be pretty good examples of consistency, given both are games with either multi-season format or is planned to go on for a long period with many releases.

I thought of mentioning Rebirth (as well as Ataegina, Terminus Reach 1 & 2, basically all the games with monthly clockwise releases), though when I asked Hopes about the interval period between releases (when he implements the faster release schedule) was (between monthly, 2 monthly or 3 months etc), he seemed to prefer it being 2~3 months between releases depending on content iirc.
And even those monthly release devs often seem plagued by ones who whine saying "Not enough content" despite getting the update monthly.

Also, I agree. This thread is civil, like 95% of the time.
The other 5%, is when there are occasional Filiuses who stop by to cause trouble and those folks generally have got nothing to say other than whine and complain (and surprise, surprise, they come out of hiding with the tired old song and dance "There is no sex yet, so I am mad" on update time lol)

Looking forward to next month's update too (no VN stuff and pretty much contracts stuff, but I like them as well. Though I guess there will be whiners about that as well).

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
Looking forward to next month's update too (no VN stuff and pretty much contracts stuff, but I like them as well. Though I guess there will be whiners about that as well).
There always will be complains.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

We also agree with Mortarion for the most negative point of The Deluca Family, the release time. And as supporter ourselves, it would be our reason number 1 to drop our support too. If we would follow only our logical mind, we would do the same he's done.

Last edited:

lavilao

Nov 8, 2020
Hi, I just downloaded the update and noticed a little issue, the confrontation with isabel happens as if I had picked the ntr path even though I choose the friend route, can anyone else confirm this happens?

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
coucou
it's me or the french trad is broken ? maybe a fix ?
All translation are done by volunteers.
If the French translation no longer works, it means the volunteers either stopped working on it, or they haven't updated the translation yet.
Dunno which it is, though.

Hi, I just downloaded the update and noticed a little issue, the confrontation with isabel happens as if I had picked the ntr path even though I choose the friend route, can anyone else confirm this happens?
Which confrontation do you mean?

My canon playthrough is Netori route (didn't choose friendship route), but even so, the only difference that I'm seeing in the gallery is that Netori route has the event "A Soldier's Sacrifice" playing.
So I'm guessing you're referring to "Fly White Bird, Fly" event?

I would have thought for Friendship route, it would play out slightly differently (but I wouldn't know, since I didn't pursue that path).

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
There is no need for such big releases like Caribdis pumps out, we can even put Ocean in there (he may be outstretch sometimes but when he releases

For all the Ocean's bad rep (mostly because of remakes of the old content), he actually delivers fairly often - he had like 3 updates last year. Plus, he makes patreon status reports every two weeks. In his case the issue is pace and scale, not speed or quantity of the updates. [unless he remakes stuff for better graphics ffsk]

Last edited:

Yaboiii699

Nov 1, 2017
Ever read The Silmarillion from Tolkien?

I have me worked through that abomination - and it was frigging exhausting - about 20 years ago, and if I remember correctly it was mentioned in the preword that this was written over a period of 50 years, starting before WWI. While reading it, you can easy notice how the style of writing has changed over the past time.

Yes... And that scene was so rushed and dissapointing that I have decided to drop the game, chancel my pledge and never look back. Something I havent regretted a single time.

That was my first thought also. If a assassin goes for high value target, in his own environment, he has only one chance to score. That means going for head or heart - depending on the distance, and the used ammo it will be way more easy to hit the heart/body instead the head.

And the information about dextrocardia, on a high value target, is something that I would always keep classified - no matter the price. That knowledge could save your life - depending on who has the intel...

I have quoted this because I wanted to say something about this. But I have not a fucking clue anymore what it was ... After writing the rest of this post, it has slipped my find. :(

The lack of sex don't matter for me. I could easy go without sex in this game. (y)

Well, looks like you are a victim of of your own success/story/idea(?) Pick what suits yourself...

But, I have to say - and you have noticed and mentioned yourself.

Your developement time sucks, point!

I'm am not here to smartass on you, or to tell you what I think you should improve to get better at this subject.
Also I have no desire to judge or shit on you or the conditions of your life - that is something I have absolutly no right to do, not even in farthest way.

Some guys here call you many things, you know what all, I for sure will not point it out. Thats not what I'm here for.

But If you are honest to yourself and have the desire to improve yourself, pull the thump out of your arse and think about your work ethic or whatever fits in your opinion - then you should be able to notice why are you moving sidewards.

In my opinion, you are not stupid and surely not a fool, you have for sure noticed that something is odd.

You are not only sidestepping, but also going backwards.

I'm sure you have seen your numbers on patreon.

View attachment 2341404

You have lost close to a third of your patrons, and I'm sure - that beside your excuse about that complete "hobby" thing - this is nagging on you. - If I'm mistaken, keep it for yourself. :p

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that most of the lost patrons didn't leave because of the lack of sex in your story. But simply that they were disappointed - from the above mentioned point - and/or got the impression that you are not reliable.

I am honest, in my case it was a combination of both that made me leave.

In any ways I wish you the best of luck for the future and the upcoming release on steam.
Dang, finally someone said it. But yeah, at this rate, cant wait to play this game when its finish in 2030(being optimistic here).

matschbirne

Aug 24, 2019
I only played from my last save game and honestly I shouldn't have, I hate gliffhangers.:cry:

I once again threw my own promise out the window...wait until everything is implemented before I play it, but no I couldn't wait. :FacePalm:

time to finish it here moe sad.jpg

Gio

Modder
Aug 12, 2016
• The Deluca Family [v0.07.2] Cheat + Unlocked Gallery

- Game Version : 0.07.2
- Mod Version : 0.07.2

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Download : Mega

Updated it for 0.09

- Game Version : 0.09.0
- Mod Version : 0.09.0b

Features:

Unlocked Gallery
• Money Cheat
• Skill Cheat
• Love Cheat
• Rename Mc

ps: not mine you can all thank BrandyYT for the original, i just updated it

edit: no need for update replay gallery still the same

Last edited:

Mortarion

Suicide is never the answer.
Donor
Oct 22, 2017
The banter about the cake at the table was absolutely awesome, and the fact Izzy has started to join in makes it even more special.
Thanks dude, that was a point that I had missed in my post and it gnawed in the back of my mind and I could not get it what was missing.

HopesGaming maybe replace this render with one that has the fitting food on the plate :p

1674770225723.png

4.40 star(s) 485 Votes