HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Sadly, won't be out before the new year. I really tried my best to get it out in December, but that just won't be a reality.
Still working hard to get it out quickly tho!
There will be a patreon dev post before the end of the year.

Aug 14, 2021
Sadly, won't be out before the new year. I really tried my best to get it out in December, but that just won't be a reality.
Still working hard to get it out quickly tho!
There will be a patreon dev post before the end of the year.
It's fine. I was hoping for an update before year's end, but never really expected it. The great story and art are worth the wait. Anyone who says otherwise likes feeling butthurt for the dumbest of reason. Its easy to see the hard work that has been put in and the complexity of the story.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
It's fine. I was hoping for an update before year's end, but never really expected it. The great story and art are worth the wait. Anyone who says otherwise likes feeling butthurt for the dumbest of reason. Its easy to see the hard work that has been put in and the complexity of the story.
I haven't paid a dime for this game and hopes doesn't seem to care. I'd be a shithead to complain about the release schedule. And anyone who downloads it from here and complains about the release schedule is totally a shithead.

NovaPrime

May 21, 2018
This update is gonna be big I feel it would take days to complete it as the time it has taken.
( By the way can everyone here explaining abandoned tag but can we not forget a game called come inside still isn't tagged abandoned because of technicalities).

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
He's disappointed me.....

I can't elope with Luna and live our lives on a sunny beach somewhere drinking Pina Colada and hoping she doesn't stab tourists in the face when she's bored.
Simple, never give her ice (s)cream.;)
For the redheat although....:whistle:

( By the way can everyone here explaining abandoned tag but can we not forget a game called come inside still isn't tagged abandoned because of technicalities).
If I remenber it correctly, a game that haven't received any news (dev news, game update and so on) for at least 6 months get it. It can then only removed the tag, if the game gets an update.

Reactions: JapanFreak
Aug 14, 2021
Gonna give this one a go! Thank you for developing this.
You will not be dissapointed with your choice, but you will be amazed. You will even cry so much you will think your eyes are melting our of their sockets. If you find yourself in the exact opposite then go get your head checked out cause something would have to be wrong for you to be dissapointed and to not cry. For the feels are strong with this one.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I haven't paid a dime for this game and hopes doesn't seem to care. I'd be a shithead to complain about the release schedule. And anyone who downloads it from here and complains about the release schedule is totally a shithead.
You're correct, but in a couple thousand years of recorded human history (and probably in a couple hundred thousand years before that) "being recognized a certified shithead" hasn't stopped everybody from doing stuff. Heck, there may even be an example on these forums, as improbable as that sounds ;)

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
You're correct, but in a couple thousand years of recorded human history (and probably in a couple hundred thousand years before that) "being recognized a certified shithead" hasn't stopped everybody from doing stuff. Heck, there may even be an example on these forums, as improbable as that sounds ;)
And by an example you mean about 100,000 of them?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
1 moderate sized update in 9-10 months? I was a patron when dev cycle was around 5 months, but I am not going to pay for that. I am glad that there are wealthy enough folks to pay for this schedule though.
Well, not that moderate in terms of programming. Yes, in terms of content it was because the framework was rebuilt and game mechanics were added, as was well communicated.

The size of the next update we're waiting for we'll have to wait and see.

Reactions: tombeir

Lorenz1

Nov 1, 2017
The size of the next update we're waiting for we'll have to wait and see.
I'll be honest here, if the size of 1 per year update is not at least a third of what Dr PinkCake (also one person) delivers, I am not paying for that. Cause even by the lowest margin it is $9-12 + taxes, and realistically (I always subscribe for 15) it is $135-180 + taxes per year. The best one-man made indie projects on Steam do not ask that much.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
I just want to make something clear.
The disappointment and annoyance I have over the update time is aimed at my self due to my own hopes (no pun intended) and because I want to deliver it to you guys to enjoy as quickly as possible.
It is however not to the people that have high expectations due to the wrong reasons.

I have and will always be transparent. This game is my side thing. A hobby that I enjoy when I started and have only grown to love more. This I have said time after time. I have other things I enjoy as well. Such as going to the gym (I was sitting too much).
Some may respect that fact and some may hate it. I understand, but it is what it is.

About patrons. Only patron as long as you feel like you can both support it economic wise and if you feel like the dev is delivering what you want from the dev. Whatever that may be, as it is different from person to person.
I respect 'em all. Patrons, former patrons, and non patrons. As long as people enjoy the game, that is what is important.

Happy New Year!

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
I just want to make something clear.
The disappointment and annoyance I have over the update time is aimed at my self due to my own hopes (no pun intended) and because I want to deliver it to you guys to enjoy as quickly as possible.
It is however not to the people that have high expectations due to the wrong reasons.

I have and will always be transparent. This game is my side thing. A hobby that I enjoy when I started and have only grown to love more. This I have said time after time. I have other things I enjoy as well. Such as going to the gym (I was sitting too much).
Some may respect that fact and some may hate it. I understand, but it is what it is.

About patrons. Only patron as long as you feel like you can both support it economic wise and if you feel like the dev is delivering what you want from the dev. Whatever that may be, as it is different from person to person.
I respect 'em all. Patrons, former patrons, and non patrons. As long as people enjoy the game, that is what is important.

Happy New Year!
Not gonna lie, while it would have been pretty nice to have the update before the New Year, as you said it is what it is. Everyone has either other things they enjoy doing and also other commitments as well, and Devs are not exempt from that.
Also, you've made it crystal clear from beginning that this is a hobby.

So don't feel too bad for us, about not being able to deliver it on time (for 2021). Cause those of us who love the game and genuinely enjoy the game understand your position.

For what it's worth, I think the season finale will be a real kickass way to start 2022, and I'm hyped for it.

But before that, just wanna wish you and all the other DeLuca soldiers out there a Happy New Year.

4.40 star(s) 488 Votes