Checkman

May 24, 2017
The whole scene with Cordia where MC asks her if she is his mother doesn't make sense if you talk to the old guy in the first mission. If I am correct he says that on the mother's side MC doesn't have any siblings, so it would be weird to ask that question since Cordia has 3 children. Just something to point out to Hopes if I didn't miss or misunderstand something.
Maybe MC doesn't believe the old guy, but still.

Reactions: HopesGaming

Spyderwraith

Jul 21, 2017
You know the day is a glorious Day when The Deluca Family has an update
I am stoked as all hell to dive right back into this story

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Can anyone share a list of the current critical bugs? I am thinking that it is better simply to wait... maybe.. perhaps..

Reactions: DanielMB

Boehmi

Dec 11, 2017
In the Mission 1: The Painter there is a Bug.
So i talked with the Painter, go than to the Thief und next to the Church and the Grave.
After that i was on the Way to the Tavern und after i clicked the Interact Buttom the Dialog from the Painter starts.

Toram Eldin

Jul 2, 2018
Um nobody talks like that in a game like this... Siiiighh
I'm sure what you meant was that they don't talk like that in games you have played. I've seen many games where the characters (MC or otherwise) talk formally, informally, and anything in between. Some even change their speech patterns over time. It's a little thing called diversification and perhaps even character background/development.

Reactions: Cartageno

Percivall

Nov 26, 2020
Can anyone share their start of v7 save files? I know old save files don't work, but I don't want to restart the story.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JeefZ

JeefZ

Feb 21, 2018
I'm sure what you meant was that they don't talk like that in games you have played. I've seen many games where the characters (MC or otherwise) talk formally, informally, and anything in between. Some even change their speech patterns over time. It's a little thing called diversification and perhaps even character background/development.
Yes true! But sometimes to extremes sounds really weird to non- well versed individuals

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Finished replaying, the game is even better now, I normally dislike free-roam but Hopes does it right, this was very, very fun, both replaying the base game and the new story parts and the side missions the fact that every time I replayed it I could do it a little bit differently was very fun and since they are not overly long(and renpy handy "skip read text" it was very fun), the new gameplay is a good development.

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Well, I know it has all been talked about here for awhile on this thread, but honestly I stopped reading this thread about 4 months ago because it didn't sound like any updates were imminent, and it didn't seem like there was much to talk about, other than respond to all the complainers saying that the sexual content was too meager.

I love the last version of Deluca Family, it is in my top 5 out of hundreds of games I've played here. However, I really can't stand grinding for content. In my younger days I could play classic RPGs for weeks straight, but I have a lot less patience for that now, and with VNs, content is king, really, so obscuring content behind repetitive gameplay, really takes all the enjoyment out of it as a player, for me at least.

Deluca Family, however, wasn't too bad. There was a little grinding with the missions, but overall it was brief, and other than slight confusion occasionally of what to do next, it was pretty straightforward what to do next.

For someone who has played the current update, how bad is it, really, in terms of grinding? Be honest :). Is it about like before, slight with some different mechanics? Or has grinding become a big part of the game now?

Also, how much new content is there actually? I've read through the last 10 pages, and I haven't really seen anyone that has played it give any evaluation. I would be quite disappointed to have to start over from scratch just to see a few minor scenes, that don't really move the story or the relationship with the characters forward. Is there anything new that is actually meaningful to the story? Or just a few minor scenes, that I should probably just skip until the next update sometime in the future?

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Well, I know it has all been talked about here for awhile on this thread, but honestly I stopped reading this thread about 4 months ago because it didn't sound like any updates were imminent, and it didn't seem like there was much to talk about, other than respond to all the complainers saying that the sexual content was too meager.

I love the last version of Deluca Family, it is in my top 5 out of hundreds of games I've played here. However, I really can't stand grinding for content. In my younger days I could play classic RPGs for weeks straight, but I have a lot less patience for that now, and with VNs, content is king, really, so obscuring content behind repetitive gameplay, really takes all the enjoyment out of it as a player, for me at least.

Deluca Family, however, wasn't too bad. There was a little grinding with the missions, but overall it was brief, and other than slight confusion occasionally of what to do next, it was pretty straightforward what to do next.

For someone who has played the current update, how bad is it, really, in terms of grinding? Be honest :). Is it about like before, slight with some different mechanics? Or has grinding become a big part of the game now?

Also, how much new content is there actually? I've read through the last 10 pages, and I haven't really seen anyone that has played it give any evaluation. I would be quite dissapointed to have to start over from scratch just to see a few minor scenes, that don't really move the story or the relationship with the characters forward. Is there anything new that is actually meaningful to the story? Or just a few minor scenes, that I should probably just skip until the next update sometime in the future?
The new gameplay is either really liked or disliked it seems so far.
However, you can choose to disable all gameplay (it gives you unlimited money + ignores gameplay) and just focus on the story + free roam.

Story content - there are a couple of new events. Hard to say what is worth it and not for some tho.

Reactions: JamieSadistic

whichone

Forum Fanatic
Jan 3, 2018
The difference between the old contracts & new is chalk & cheese.
It's subjective, but if you enjoy text based dungeon explorer games with repeated failures, you may enjoy the contracts.

Reactions: HopesGaming

proximus

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
I really liked this game, it was a breath of fresh air with captivating story and in depth developed characters. But I am not starting again from the scratch, especially if it turned out into a grind fest. I just invested too much time into it. I have seen it before where dev completely revamps game mechanics with the promise of better streamlined and more frequent updates just to fall short.
I have strongly considered supporting it, but some games just take so long between the updates. For rarely updated games that I like and where "Buy Me a Coffee" is available, I usually chip $10-$15 per update.
Hope that someone posts save from previous chapter so I can continue. Otherwise, I wish dev all the luck.

I am not a Patron of this particular game and I understand that my opinion might not carry much weight but just wanted to give my 2 cents since I had such high expectations.

HopesGaming

The Godfather
Game Developer
Dec 21, 2017
Just need to quickly point out again -
The f95 release is 0.07 and is bugged. I quickly fixed that and released a 0.07.1 that fixed these bugs.
But the 0.07 got uploaded here faster than I could fix it :p

Thedude2181

Aug 17, 2019
Very much looking forward to this, I'm sure it's well worth the wait. Loved the story before. I know it isn't tagged but will there ever be any foot stuff in game?

4.40 star(s) 490 Votes