The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
The idea that "If you don't like it just go away and don't say anything" is blowing smoke up people's asses.
People have a right to not like something and to express that they don't like it so long as they are not massive pricks about it.

Maybe someone like's a character or a particular relationship in a game but one part of the story is a massive gut punch for them. Should they just shut up and go away then?

A discussion thread its a discussion about the game, the good, and the bad.

We all tend to react pretty strongly to things when feelings and sex are involved and people tend to put themselves in the shoes of a character in a story, especially if its mostly first person perspective, so strong opinions are going to happen, but completely shutting down any negativity about something is the wrong call. Especially if multiple people agree on said negativity.

Its a balancing point, you don't want the thread to just people giving each other handjobs and claps on the back for this obviously amazing story/game/thing with clearly zero flaws..... But at the same time, you can't let it become a toxic sesspit of people only pissing on a game and refusing to see its good side.

I will fully admit, I react strongly to things and am trying to be better about not sounding so much like an asshole, but that doesn't mean when I raise a point about something being a bad choice I should be immediately shut down and told "If you don't like it, shut up and move on!" Then again, dev has no obligation to agree with my opinion (or anyone else's) opinions.....

Its a balancing act, but a smart dev will see its always a good idea to see what kind of feedback you are getting, for good or ill and sift through for something helpful. How many times have we gone "YES, this is the best joke ever, its going to SLAY!" only for it to not get the hopeful resoundingly positive reaction?
Its up to Devs to either tweak said joke or say "Eh, fine, fuck those who didn't laugh, I"M funny!" lol

Last edited:

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
In no way, shape, or form is that the main theme of Pale Carnations.
I haven't played PC and I had it on my list, so I was thinking "????????????? Let me remove the game right quick!"

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
I had some strong feelings towards the Hailie scene, there is for sure a mystery. Maybe things aren't what they appear, maybe they are. But I think I'm going to wait until the next update to fully judge. While the "rape/MC" scene is definitely a weird/bitter point, I'll give the next update as a proper appraisal on whether or not this game will be good or not.

Good luck Dev! See you then!

Reactions: Lancastle
Sep 3, 2020
I had some strong feelings towards the Hailie scene, there is for sure a mystery. Maybe things aren't what they appear, maybe they are. But I think I'm going to wait until the next update to fully judge. While the "rape/MC" scene is definitely a weird/bitter point, I'll give the next update as a proper appraisal on whether or not this game will be good or not.

Good luck Dev! See you then!
in my opinion I don't see any mystery Hailie was rape

she used her mind control powers to make Hailie want to have sex with her

and then she wipe Hailie memory

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
in my opinion I don't see any mystery Hailie was rape

she used her mind control powers to make Hailie want to have sex with her

and then she wipe Hailie memory
Hmm... Oh, no, I meant the MMF scene. I can take some of these dark themes of force, but just not with dudes. Take that for what you will. I've yet to play the update cause En Tee Argh type stuff is not my cup of tea, but after seeing reading multiple comments on this thread I'm beginning to think that it's a stumbling block that can be overcome. The MMF scene, personally, I can't go back from. So I'm waiting on it. Fingers crossed :)

Sep 3, 2020
Hmm... Oh, no, I meant the MMF scene. I can take some of these dark themes of force, but just not with dudes. Take that for what you will. I've yet to play the update cause En Tee Argh type stuff is not my cup of tea, but after seeing reading multiple comments on this thread I'm beginning to think that it's a stumbling block that can be overcome. The MMF scene, personally, I can't go back from. So I'm waiting on it. Fingers crossed :)
oh my brother I never saw that scene

allow me to explain I love monogamy

and I don't like to cheat

so since the start of the game I've been rejecting all the girls except one
screenshot0001.png
please excuse any spelling mistakes I have

a reading disability

Larry2000

Game Developer
May 9, 2017
oh my brother I never saw that scene

allow me to explain I love monogamy

and I don't like to cheat

so since the start of the game I've been rejecting all the girls except one
View attachment 1874547
please excuse any spelling mistakes I have

a reading disability
No, don't worry! You're fine! I get it. I have a feeling things will get better in this game. Here's hoping! :D

Jul 27, 2021
Made a small change to the game (0.1.4.) to the font that was dreadfully unreadable:

* VERSION 2*

EDIT:
Changed the font to OpenSans.ttf as the other one didn't work great with the Walkthrough mod, also reduced the size of the choice text so it isn't too huge while using it. The correct zipfile is the V2 one, changed the link.

If the current size of standard text is too small you can modify it by changing the following in gui.rpy in game folder:
define gui.text_size = 30

If the current size of choices is too small you can modify it by changing the following in gui.rpy in game folder:
define gui.choice_button_text_size = 30

If you want to change anything else it's best to take a look here:

Just unpack in the main folder of the game (The_Dragonspire-0.1.4-Public-pc).

Before:

1655565478687.png

After (With walkthrough mod):

1655566470144.png

Last edited:

dacris69

M, TI
Donor
Nov 20, 2017
anyone know the song from the club scene; there are 2, im interested in the one with the woman singing, its just Club2.mp3 in the files

Lancastle

Dev of The Dragonspire
Game Developer
Jun 8, 2021
anyone know the song from the club scene; there are 2, im interested in the one with the woman singing, its just Club2.mp3 in the files
Thanks I forgot to credit this one. Check the about section for musical credits.

Leonell Cassio - Lying We're Fine (ft. Sarah Hemi)

Ass Fan

Conversation Conqueror
TwitFollower
Jun 27, 2020
Look I'm not one to comment at the beginning of a game but this one has great potential the coolest of all are the various tags like anal sex creampie group sex Virgin Multiple Penetration NTR (Highly avoidable), Glad it's avoidable lol but this is one way that maybe I will like :devilish:(y)

SamYaya

Jul 5, 2022
this was the game i was looking for i'm already looking forward to the next updates and i have to say something about o NTR for those who are worried this path will be with Hailie i understand you the rest of the girls are safe but i don't care I'm going to follow Hailie's path she's my favorite girl

2.50 star(s) 8 Votes