RPGM Completed The Dungeon of Lulu Farea -Kill, Screw, Marry!- [Galaxy Wars]

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes

Redhawk

Aug 13, 2017
Since it's an RPG Maker game, all your player stats are up at the top, in the easy-to-recognize fields for things like HP, Strength, etc. So just go to MyHP (which is your current HP as opposed to just HP which is max HP) and change it to the 50 required for the scene.
K thanks for the tip.

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
I tried playing this by myself and managed to get to the last area so basically I beat the second sister. I had every single item on the ground collected and bonded with every girl possible up to that point. Then as soon as I enter floor B51 there's a bunch of slimes blocking the way and I can only kill 2 of them before needing to heal. And of course I can't get any more power ups unless I randomly had 2 silver keys saved up upon entering a new area. Either that or a few 1000 gold.
Nice fucking balance.
I just barely managed to pull together all my resources to defeat the previous area's boss and instead of rewarding me by giving me a chance to recover and stock up on money/keys, the game throws an impenetrable wall of slimes in front of me instead. What a slap in the face. Not to even mention that asshole out front who's charging me over 1000 gold just to heal up at this point. He said at the start it would be fair since the monsters would be dropping a ton of gold deeper into the dungeon but they're only dropping 50-100 each while taking 1/4th of my health. Such bullshit. The game balance completely breaks after you reach the last area.
This is all on NORMAL mode btw. I needed to pull 30,000 gold out of my ass just to get through the last area, let alone beat the final boss. Needless to say that at this point I spammed the shit out of the help area with a clear conscience since this game is completely unreasonable.

As for the story itself, it was pretty okay if we ignore the stupid rape scenes. What's annoying is that the protagonist actually seems like a pretty okay guy otherwise. Best part is that the cute slime girl I played the game for in the first place gets the most screen time. Definitely did not expect her to be a main character so I can at least say the game creators have good taste in terms of picking out the best girl. Her interactions with the protagonist were hilarious, especially the fishing scenes.
The ending was pretty depressing and emotional. I will definitely play the sequel if it gets translated although I'll follow a guide this time unless they fix the fucking gameplay.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
What is the difference between Hard mode and Normal mode? I just started Hard mode and I cannot tell the difference. My stats are the same, things seem to cost the same, monster stats look like they are the same, and map layouts are unchanged.

So what am I missing? What is it that makes Hard mode harder?

EDIT: Nevermind. They do start the exact same way, but the skeletons (which you don't fight for a while) have slightly more hp. I'm guessing it gets gradually harder instead of it being a blanket difficulty increase.

Last edited:

Snakewood

Aug 8, 2018
What is the difference between Hard mode and Normal mode? I just started Hard mode and I cannot tell the difference. My stats are the same, things seem to cost the same, monster stats look like they are the same, and map layouts are unchanged.

So what am I missing? What is it that makes Hard mode harder?

EDIT: Nevermind. They do start the exact same way, but the skeletons (which you don't fight for a while) have slightly more hp. I'm guessing it gets gradually harder instead of it being a blanket difficulty increase.
I know the game said the "puzzles" would be harder on hard mode so fuck if I know what that means. I haven't played it and certainly won't bother considering how hard even normal mode is. I know there's a guide which means it must be possible but I don't think the difficulty is reasonable to expect an average person to be able to clear it on their own. Certainly not on the first go when you don't know what coming up ahead. The first few stages were designed well so that you could clear them if you played smart but when the key shops get introduced it becomes impossible to know exactly which keys you should sell, which stats you should buff, when to heal etc.
Like I said, I managed to get through that stage but clearly you're meant to get past it with WAY more resources than I had at that point. The difficulty spike is way too big in my opinion, especially since you have to restart the entire game at that point unless you want to use the help option.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
I know the game said the "puzzles" would be harder on hard mode so fuck if I know what that means. I haven't played it and certainly won't bother considering how hard even normal mode is. I know there's a guide which means it must be possible but I don't think the difficulty is reasonable to expect an average person to be able to clear it on their own. Certainly not on the first go when you don't know what coming up ahead. The first few stages were designed well so that you could clear them if you played smart but when the key shops get introduced it becomes impossible to know exactly which keys you should sell, which stats you should buff, when to heal etc.
Like I said, I managed to get through that stage but clearly you're meant to get past it with WAY more resources than I had at that point. The difficulty spike is way too big in my opinion, especially since you have to restart the entire game at that point unless you want to use the help option.
I do agree that the first time through there are too many unknowns to be expected to make the right decisions. However, I had the advantage of having played Hero Trial first (also on here btw and well worth playing, the better game of the two imo) which is very similar in many ways and prepared me to make decisions which I could tell would be beneficial in the long run, so even on hard I am getting through it relatively easily (unused healing hearts litter the entire map). Making a few key decisions early on (like not purchasing upgrades from Jessica until the Graveyard) are vital to a successful late game.

randomsloth73

Apr 9, 2018
I do agree that the first time through there are too many unknowns to be expected to make the right decisions. However, I had the advantage of having played Hero Trial first (also on here btw and well worth playing, the better game of the two imo) which is very similar in many ways and prepared me to make decisions which I could tell would be beneficial in the long run, so even on hard I am getting through it relatively easily (unused healing hearts litter the entire map). Making a few key decisions early on (like not purchasing upgrades from Jessica until the Graveyard) are vital to a successful late game.
? i'm pretty sure you need to purchase at least 2 to clear elf on hard, i played through the whole areas just to load and replay it with minimum amount of powerup needed quite often

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
? i'm pretty sure you need to purchase at least 2 to clear elf on hard, i played through the whole areas just to load and replay it with minimum amount of powerup needed quite often
You mean the blonde elf at the end of the forest? No you don't need to make any purchases before her (from Jessica). I didn't make my first purchase from Jessica (the upgrade lady dressed like a witch, not the girl outside the entrance) until the graveyard.

randomsloth73

Apr 9, 2018
You mean the blonde elf at the end of the forest? No you don't need to make any purchases before her (from Jessica). I didn't make my first purchase from Jessica (the upgrade lady dressed like a witch, not the girl outside the entrance) until the graveyard.
ah, that, but you will miss fishing spots.
and i can assure you that those purchases won't make the game harder at the point anyway
in fact, it's quite helpful when you get the big leaf to skip unpenetrateable/ hard to kill units at the forest

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
ah, that, but you will miss fishing spots.
and i can assure you that those purchases won't make the game harder at the point anyway
in fact, it's quite helpful when you get the big leaf to skip unpenetrateable/ hard to kill units at the forest
My friend.. you don't even know who Jessica is... you're getting her confused with Pretoria.

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
maybe i misreaded but i was so sure you couldn't beat the first elf encounter without a stats shop's help on hard tho..
Yeah the stats upgrade shop is what I meant. You can beat her without visiting them. I've attached the save if you'd like to check it out. If you visit the two stat shops, you'll see neither of them has been unlocked.

(it wouldn't load under it's original filetype ".rpgsave" so I changed it to ".save".. you probably need to rename it back for it to work) View attachment file57.save

Edit: I've never attached a file before... I'm not sure I did this correctly.

randomsloth73

Apr 9, 2018
Yeah the stats upgrade shop is what I meant. You can beat her without visiting them. I've attached the save if you'd like to check it out. If you visit the two stat shops, you'll see neither of them has been unlocked.

(it wouldn't load under it's original filetype ".rpgsave" so I changed it to ".save".. you probably need to rename it back for it to work) View attachment 372616

Edit: I've never attached a file before... I'm not sure I did this correctly.
now that i looked at it again, you're right actually, maybe i missed something on first run, so i ended up buying it on second run.
i'll try optimizing my score later then

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
now that i looked at it again, you're right actually, maybe i missed something on first run, so i ended up buying it on second run.
My score screen is a bit different than yours. Some different wording and no breakdown by area. Hmm..

However, I have discovered a few tricks you might find interesting in increasing your score. I'm going to apply them even further and post an even higher score later. (Assuming I posted this one right in the first place.. let me know if I didn't).

End2.png

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
Ok, after applying all the tricks I could think of this is my best score. Here are a couple things I noticed..

- You get points for every heart you pick up that doesn't heal you (like if you already have full hp)
- The Mandrakes Shield (B39? The key shop place) can save you thousands of HP on Farea's first form which adds up to big points
- You get more value both in utility and points for taking the SHIELD to DEF conversion instead of the DEF to ATK conversion from the Child? wizard guy

If anyone beats my score, please let me know.. It'll give me an excuse to go through this again. 851650.png

randomsloth73

Apr 9, 2018
Ok, after applying all the tricks I could think of this is my best score. Here are a couple things I noticed..

- You get points for every heart you pick up that doesn't heal you (like if you already have full hp)
- The Mandrakes Shield (B39? The key shop place) can save you thousands of HP on Farea's first form which adds up to big points
- You get more value both in utility and points for taking the SHIELD to DEF conversion instead of the DEF to ATK conversion from the Child? wizard guy

If anyone beats my score, please let me know.. It'll give me an excuse to go through this again. View attachment 373230
mine was not steam version, it was fan translation's
and yep, as i suspected, i messed up a lot, does wasted heal include inn spamming?

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
mine was not steam version, it was fan translation's
and yep, as i suspected, i messed up a lot, does wasted heal include inn spamming?
I assume wasted heal doesn't include it. I have never tried. I always felt that staying at the inn was a waste of 50g, so I never did. But I think using the inn a few times at certain points instead of healing with hearts might lead to being able to waste more healing hearts (50g = 500 points, but 8000 in wasted healing = 8000 points). I will have to include that the next time I make a run.

When did you get the Magic Yellow Key? That was one of the hardest decisions for me. I ended up getting it before opening yellow doors in Lupha's room (last room of Yamato B49), but after opening the yellow doors in Hidden Room 1 leading to the first 2000 Gold chest.

****I just started the game up to check what floor Lupha was on and noticed I did not use the Great Ointment. That's a free 3000 points. Here's my updated score.

854650.png

randomsloth73

Apr 9, 2018
I assume wasted heal doesn't include it. I have never tried. I always felt that staying at the inn was a waste of 50g, so I never did. But I think using the inn a few times at certain points instead of healing with hearts might lead to being able to waste more healing hearts (50g = 500 points, but 8000 in wasted healing = 8000 points). I will have to include that the next time I make a run.

When did you get the Magic Yellow Key? That was one of the hardest decisions for me. I ended up getting it before opening yellow doors in Lupha's room (last room of Yamato B49), but after opening the yellow doors in Hidden Room 1 leading to the first 2000 Gold chest.

****I just started the game up to check what floor Lupha was on and noticed I did not use the Great Ointment. That's a free 3000 points. Here's my updated score.

View attachment 373635
idk i'll try various stuffs like open all doors in graveyard maze
currently i'm breaking stone in the first white gate just to save a white key for the grave once i've reached it
and saving the zombie for later, but got a bit lazy and stopped there

randomsloth73

Apr 9, 2018

View attachment 373635
def build is soooooo not the play, you can spam inn until it go over 300 according to my run
i will try using the inn too, (edit, second thought) i think def might be better than atk, will just double my atk against the boss and drop the rest into def
convert shield into def is really good, but the shop value between def and atk is just too huge to ignore too
*if i'm not too lazy to redo it again

Last edited:

grgrgr5

Mar 13, 2018
def build is soooooo not the play, you can spam inn until it go over 300 according to my run
i will try using the inn too, (edit, second thought) i think def might be better than atk, will just double my atk against the boss and drop the rest into def
convert shield into def is really good, but the shop value between def and atk is just too huge to ignore too
*if i'm not too lazy to redo it again
I agree it's very hard to decide if DEF or ATK is the way to go. I tend to buy a lot more ATK from the upgrade shop, even though you get less than if buying DEF. It just seems that in a lot of cases, you need the ATK to overcome enemies high DEF more than you need DEF to protect against their ATK.

The way I see the convert SHIELD to DEF or convert DEF to ATK is that you gain proportionate stats. In shops, it is a 2-3 ratio of ATK-DEF... So when you convert 500 DEF to 500 ATK, you converting 4 purchases of DEF (4x120 = 480) into 6 purchases of ATK (6x80 = 480). So basically you are gaining in stats by saving 2 purchases, which translates to either 160 ATK gained or 240 DEF gained.

But with SHIELD to DEF you gain 300 DEF at the cost of 300 SHIELD. So it's all about which has more value, 60 DEF (300 minus the 240 that would have been gained if picking the other option) or 300 SHIELD. I choose the 60 DEF. I am of the opinion that SHIELD is near useless this far into the game.

Now I'm not saying I'm right about choosing the SHIELD to DEF over DEF to ATK. It's quite possible I'm not right. It is a tough call. But I always favor stats over SHIELD, as I think 60 DEF will outshine 300 SHIELD in the long run.

Aside from all that, nice score. It's getting close to mine. You might force me to defend my current title soon.

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes