atrebor68

Aug 26, 2020
I think it's not the pacing that's wrong, but rather the inconsistent plot and characters. I can imagine the developer thinking, “need a hot scene here, so I’ll just blow the heroine’s brains out for a while and make her a turboslut.” Because look at what Kathryn says and thinks during the scene with Santini in the car, and then how she acts during the photo shoot. These are different characters. It's the same with the way Luke acts.
Beautiful avatar, man!

Jan 13, 2021
I didn't provide enough foreshadowing to hint at the reason for Luke and Kathryn's behavior in that scene. I added some small hints with v0.4 that hopefully help with that.

So...lets see if i get this straight. We are getting a few hints of an explanation for Kat`s and Luke`s very odd behavior during this awful Photoshoot? Don t get me wrong Bobby. I have the utmost respect for your work and your dedication of this VN...but this small hints are not enough. At the very beginning of your VN you gave us (the Players) a choice, where the Story should lead Kat and Luke. There are 2 ways...faithful way...and the "not so" faithful way. For these 2 ways, each of the 2 Characters are showing a different behavior. That means, if you (the Dev) gave me decisions to act faithful (which i did) the outcome of my choices would fit the Characters past behavior. The Photoshoot (the final outcome) doesn t fit my choosen Gamepath at all. Its not a logical consequenze. Its forced, without a choice and/or an explanation. I get it that this is YOUR Game and your Vision, but if you offer us (the Players) different Paths, then i m begging you to hold on to these different paths. That means, if i play the faithful way there should be a possibility (a choice) where i can skip the last part of the photoshoot, in an logical way. Because neither of my Characters (in my Gamepath) would participate and behave in such a way how they did. At least not, until they were fully druggend, which doesn t seems that way. In conclusion, my humble request is a Choice Button for the Photoshoot with an outcome for my Characters, that matches their past behavior. :) Thank you. :)

Reactions: Dessolos

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
So...lets see if i get this straight. We are getting a few hints of an explanation for Kat`s and Luke`s very odd behavior during this awful Photoshoot? Don t get me wrong Bobby. I have the utmost respect for your work and your dedication of this VN...but this small hints are not enough. At the very beginning of your VN you gave us (the Players) a choice, where the Story should lead Kat and Luke. There are 2 ways...faithful way...and the "not so" faithful way. For these 2 ways, each of the 2 Characters are showing a different behavior. That means, if you (the Dev) gave me decisions to act faithful (which i did) the outcome of my choices would fit the Characters past behavior. The Photoshoot (the final outcome) doesn t fit my choosen Gamepath at all. Its not a logical consequenze. Its forced, without a choice and/or an explanation. I get it that this is YOUR Game and your Vision, but if you offer us (the Players) different Paths, then i m begging you to hold on to these different paths. That means, if i play the faithful way there should be a possibility (a choice) where i can skip the last part of the photoshoot, in an logical way. Because neither of my Characters (in my Gamepath) would participate and behave in such a way how they did. At least not, until they were fully druggend, which doesn t seems that way. In conclusion, my humble request is a Choice Button for the Photoshoot with an outcome for my Characters, that matches their past behavior. :) Thank you. :)
Couldn't of said it better myself tho I would go as far as to say the choices should also be presented when she wears some of the more revealing lingerie as well not just the final part of the photoshoot ( at least we do have the option to opt out of the BJ on the faithful path) I also thought when she was wearing a transparent and crouchless lingerie was enough to warrant a choice. Unless im mistaken but I recall there was a choice on the first few outfits but not those.

Monstalova

Jan 14, 2024
------------------------------------

I respectfully disagree with both comments here. I believe the Dev for The East Block is doing a great job!

Who are we to dictate and judge how the story should flow!? Not everyone will always be happy with every detail of every AVN. Everyone has different tastes, and that is understandable, but to negatively criticize a Dev's creative works when it is fairly new is rather premature and rude. If you don't like the AVN Game, move on and find something you do like, instead of wasting your time being negative, rude and ungrateful.

Creators / Developers make AVNs to entertain people, and we should appreciate that at the very least instead of rushing to criticism land! If the negative haters and critics on here feel so strongly about any AVN game they don't like, then go make your own AVN game, or find one you like, unless you have nothing better to do with your life than to criticize others as if you're above everyone else, when that is far from reality. People that go to the negative extreme about AVNs can do better and not be so damn rude and ungrateful when many Creators / Devs release these AVNs and even share them for free over time. If anything, we should be thankful to Creators / Developers that make these AVNs instead of trashing them for no good reason.

Here's a suggestion to all you haters and critics out there: If you care, then make some suggestions, reach out to the Dev, share ideas to help improve the AVN and make it better, especially for new AVNs. That is my suggestion, and I think it is the best approach vs being a negative, rude critic for no good reason.

PS - Shoutout to the Dev of The East Block: Keep up the good works and ignore the negative haters and critics!

We can all do better and treat each other with a little more empathy, respect and appreciation when it's due. Just writing it like it is! - Cheers! - JB NYC -
Not sure if you were talking about my comment as well? I wasn't rude, just stating my opinion and what I know lots of people have spoken about the direction of the game in the past. You make it sound like people are saying Bobbyboy is doing a bad job, that wasn't the case at all. People wouldn't be here commenting for ages if they didnt really enjoy the game. Either way I'm a Patreon like you but would never say to anyone you can't criticise this game. If you love everything the Dev does then great. But he can't improve if all he gets is praise and adoration from followers. Mine was constructive criticism, not sure why you think people can't comment on the game, without it being positive. That's a strange point to make. I can understand if a member writes constantly how much they hate the game, thats just trolling. Pointing out certain inconsistencies or plot elements can actually be helpful to the Dev. What I do agree with you is about how its said. Theres no need to be rude or hateful.

Last edited:

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
My issue with the last update is more that the fun was taken out of it. Everything became quite serious and sinister
Ok, I can understand this. But I am a friend of dark and sinister games when it comes to AVN, so I do like this change. I would not like it if it felt forced (to be sinister) but if it feels at least somewhat realistic, I do like it. But yeah, to each their own :) .

Because look at what Kathryn says and thinks during the scene with Santini in the car, and then how she acts during the photo shoot. These are different characters. It's the same with the way Luke acts.
Yeah, they seem to be. But this does not have to be because the author changed them but it could also a premature development. If their change yould have played over 10 updated, they could have gradually changed into that characters. I think it is just a matter of perspectiv if you say their inconsistant behavior is due to letting them change to fast or due to changing their characters instantly. Do you get what I mean? I am a little at a loss for the right words.

we should appreciate that at the very least instead of rushing to criticism land! If the negative haters and critics on here feel so strongly about any AVN game they don't like, then go make your own AVN game,
Oh my, "haters"? Where are those haters? Please don't mix criticism with hating without reason.

but if you offer us (the Players) different Paths, then i m begging you to hold on to these different paths.
I agree pricipially, but if the creator has a good (story-)reason for it, I do love some twists. He hinted something like this here, so I am curious about the resolution.

Mine was constructive criticism
True.

Reactions: Monstalova

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
I'm not a fan of like the photoshoot scene on my save where I'm not sharing Kathryn. But I do have a save for a sharing and non sharing path so mistakes like that are easy for me to overlook since I play both kinds of saves.
Oh, don't get me wrong. I do not criticise the sharing itself. This was rather hot. It is all about that it does not seem to fit in the story, yet. Even in my sharing-game-style, they are to carelessly sharing in contrast to them having doubts before.
But hey, let's see what the author has up his sleeve.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Oh, don't get me wrong. I do not criticise the sharing itself. This was rather hot. It is all about that it does not seem to fit in the story, yet. Even in my sharing-game-style, they are to carelessly sharing in contrast to them having doubts before.
But hey, let's see what the author has up his sleeve.
I agree the photoshoot was fine if on that path but after that went to fast for the story so far but no story is perfect especially when it comes to sharing AVN's I feel.

Reactions: TimoF965

Monstalova

Jan 14, 2024
Ok, I can understand this. But I am a friend of dark and sinister games when it comes to AVN, so I do like this change. I would not like it if it felt forced (to be sinister) but if it feels at least somewhat realistic, I do like it. But yeah, to each their own :) .
I dont mind some darker or blackmail elements as long as its not the main plot. Many people on here have said thats not want they want though. My issue was that so many bad things were happening all at once. They get arrested and Luke's in jail. Santini controlling the police, him advertising sex goods for Clems shop, hiring Kathryn, making others rape Claire, Clem making people her submissives through drugs and Rebecca brutalised and being in hospital. Thats a lot to take in for one update! Then you have the basement, the perv neighbor and landlord, plus some other evil things going on separately.

It seems like they're screwed from all angles. Honestly it felt hard enough for Kathryn alone, having Luke want her to do certain things haha. Now all these evil things to look out for. Obviously it needs a setup for certain plots but it felt like too many bad things were brought on all at once. Thats why I'm hoping it will mix in some normal life of those two having fun with their fetish and hold back on going full on with the sinister things until a bit later. They've only had a couple small scenes to explore the fetish yet.

Bobbyboy has said he will add in some more of Luke and Kath talking about their fetish and relationship, giving more motivation to their decisions before the scene happens. Which many of us have mentioned before. So we know he listens and will try to accommodate his followers. Which is why I support him on Patreon.

JBNYC1

Oct 5, 2022
Not sure if you were talking about my comment as well? I wasn't rude, just stating my opinion and what I know lots of people have spoken about the direction of the game in the past. You make it sound like people are saying Bobbyboy is doing a bad job, that wasn't the case at all. People wouldn't be here commenting for ages if they didnt really enjoy the game. Either way I'm a Patreon like you but would never say to anyone you can't criticise this game. If you love everything the Dev does then great. But he can't improve if all he gets is praise and adoration from followers. Mine was constructive criticism, not sure why you think people can't comment on the game, without it being positive. That's a strange point to make. I can understand if a member writes constantly how much they hate the game, thats just trolling. Pointing out certain inconsistencies or plot elements can actually be helpful to the Dev. What I do agree with you is about how its said. Theres no need to be rude or hateful.
----------------

I appreciate your comment. Constructive criticism is always welcome. My point was more about: There is no need for the rude and negative towards any Creator / Dev and their works, and I clearly suggested there is a better way. It seems some people failed to understand what I wrote. I also never said people can't comment on any game. I was pretty clear on what I wrote and I stand by it. I believe we can all do better on how we treat each other in person and online.

Nevertheless, thank you for sharing your comment, and I agree with you as well that there is never any need to be rude, hateful or trash any Creator / Dev and their works. Suggestions, and reaching out to the Dev to help improve their AVN Game is what I always suggest, and again constructive criticism is always welcome. - Cheers! - JB NYC -

Last edited:
Reactions: Monstalova

mommysboiii

Oct 17, 2019
I dont mind some darker or blackmail elements as long as its not the main plot. Many people on here have said thats not want they want though. My issue was that so many bad things were happening all at once. They get arrested and Luke's in jail. Santini controlling the police, him advertising sex goods for Clems shop, hiring Kathryn, making others rape Claire, Clem making people her submissives through drugs and Rebecca brutalised and being in hospital. Thats a lot to take in for one update! Then you have the basement, the perv neighbor and landlord, plus some other evil things going on separately.

It seems like they're screwed from all angles. Honestly it felt hard enough for Kathryn alone, having Luke want her to do certain things haha. Now all these evil things to look out for. Obviously it needs a setup for certain plots but it felt like too many bad things were brought on all at once. Thats why I'm hoping it will mix in some normal life of those two having fun with their fetish and hold back on going full on with the sinister things until a bit later. They've only had a couple small scenes to explore the fetish yet.

Bobbyboy has said he will add in some more of Luke and Kath talking about their fetish and relationship, giving more motivation to their decisions before the scene happens. Which many of us have mentioned before. So we know he listens and will try to accommodate his followers. Which is why I support him on Patreon.
I guess people like different things

all the things you mentioned are plus for me because I am into netorare not so much into the sharing/swinging/hotwifing stuff

so for me personally I loved episode 3

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
While I don't love blackmail I have mixed feeling on it as if used correctly it can hot

For me it depends on how dark things get with blackmail / how forced we are to go along with it.
For example when it comes to blackmail, I do like it / dont mind it when it's something like Kathryn showing off her body , making a video of her doing sexual acts with Luke or anyone of her choosing . Those things can be hot given the right context and I dont care if those things are forced or not.

However I dont like blackmail when it's stuff like taking drugs, having sex with the blackmailer or anything serious / things that can make her relationship with Luke worst without a choice. Those things depends on the context and how the scenes plays out if I accept it or not

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
While I don't love blackmail I have mixed feeling on it as if used correctly it can hot

For me it depends on how dark things get with blackmail / how forced we are to go along with it.
For example when it comes to blackmail, I do like it / dont mind it when it's something like Kathryn showing off her body , making a video of her doing sexual acts with Luke or anyone of her choosing . Those things can be hot given the right context and I dont care if those things are forced or not.

However I dont like blackmail when it's stuff like taking drugs, having sex with the blackmailer or anything serious / things that can make her relationship with Luke worst without a choice. Those things depends on the context and how the scenes plays out if I accept it or not
I'm the same way, normally I detest anything blackmail or forced related - however, the one place I can make an exception for it is when it's used as a plot device to "push them over a hump they probably would have done anyway" - meaning, it wasn't like they were really strongly coerced into anything from the start. This isn't the best description, trying to think of an example...... Dessolos were good - things like having having her show of her body in exchange for something....

Having said that, I think the same situations WITHOUT the blackmail end up being far hotter because she's choosing do to those erotic things. For example, say an original scene version saw Katheryn blackmailed into some kind of liason with the boss - to me it'd be far hotter if on her own she wanted to do this and Luke encouraged it, like maybe she was curious about older men, iunno?

Monstalova

Jan 14, 2024
I'm the same way, normally I detest anything blackmail or forced related - however, the one place I can make an exception for it is when it's used as a plot device to "push them over a hump they probably would have done anyway" - meaning, it wasn't like they were really strongly coerced into anything from the start. This isn't the best description, trying to think of an example...... Dessolos were good - things like having having her show of her body in exchange for something....

Having said that, I think the same situations WITHOUT the blackmail end up being far hotter because she's choosing do to those erotic things. For example, say an original scene version saw Katheryn blackmailed into some kind of liason with the boss - to me it'd be far hotter if on her own she wanted to do this and Luke encouraged it, like maybe she was curious about older men, iunno?
I know what you and Dessolos are trying to say. If the blackmail isnt too ridiculous, not just straight out rape or I'll fire you from your job. Or take these drugs and work the street corner, otherwise I'll kill your husband. If Kathryn was asked to do a slutty task each day to corrupt her :

1. Bend over and flash your panties to the next person in line when shopping.

2. When you take the subway to work. Rub your ass against a guy standing in the train.

3. Wear a see through top and walk down the street.

4. Make out with a guy at the bar while your boyfriend watches.

5. Work a night as a dancer in a strip club.

Something like that can still be hot for almost all players and she can get turned on by it herself. You can throw in some more vile things too as I'm sure others would like that. Hobos is a popular one lol. Completely agree that its far hotter when the woman wants to act slutty than be forced into situations. A bit of both will definitely work as well. The key is the tone of the scenes and balancing the game with these fetishes. Even a blackmail route works better with the slow corruption. A real villain wants to toy with his prey first, not just eat it lol.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

MemeKiddo420

Oct 11, 2021
Do I have to share her with certain people to get more options?
For example I don’t wanna share her with strangers but I want to with my neighbors & Boss. Am I going to have to share her with strangers to do that?

Also I’m probably the minority but I hope the next update has more story than lewd scenes. As I’m very interested in whats lurking in the basement.

Monstalova

Jan 14, 2024
I would have shared Kathryn with Santini if he was a nice guy but he is an arsehole so he gets nothing.
I'll find a nice dude who is a sex god to give Kath earth shattering orgasms.
Haha I'm similar. I'll let Kathryn do anything except with Santini. Good luck finding a nice dude in this game for her. Theres Franklin, who still might be a bit of a perv. Albert who is talked about being a molester but probably is a good guy. Every other male is pure evil! They're all complete perverts or rapists. Those two could end up being just as bad as everyone else too lol. Only on chapter 3 and I'm actually scared for Kathryn haha. Shes really going to go through the ringer, with all these people surrounding her. Probably end up in hospital like her sister.

Even though I don't like Santini this pose and expression is classic! So funny with the dialogue
S_3423.png

Also here is an alternate fan signature of the last one I did with the two sisters together. If anyone wants to add it and help promote the game.
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2024/04/3578319_The_East_Block_GIF_23_Final.gif

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: Joshy92

eijaxx

Dec 24, 2019
Creators / Developers make AVNs to entertain people, and we should appreciate that at the very least instead of rushing to criticism land!
I'm sorry man, you're showing naivety. Money is the key here, not the entertainment.
I personally buy a result, not a process. I'm not a fan of crowdfunding.
I have intense experiences :D when I read a changelog... 555555 words. I'm thinking, so many words and no story... ;):D

Be loved!

4.50 star(s) 24 Votes