4.60 star(s) 30 Votes

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
but it wouldn't hurt all games to be more clear on the intended player perspective.
Love your whole comment, you are right. But here, Bobby did quite a good (even not complete) description, what this game is all about. In other games it is not even clear if you are playing a male or female character, let alone a VN- or sandbox-style.
I sometimes even think the creators did not make up their mind about the game settings and are sometimes not even capable of this... when I read their idiotic dialogues.
Bobby is much better with this :) .

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
Most of the time, I dislike male MCs as they are boring (reminding me of my life) or making stupid decisions. Also, seeing sex from the male perspective does not have the novelty bonus as the female perspective has for me.
I know you were talking to Joshy but this made me think of something. I find it a bit strange I play disconnected from like 90% of Male MC's , hell I have a hard time getting immersed into AVN's even most video games. Yet when I come a across a part where I need make a decision as a Female character I find myself able to get more immersed tho I've only played like 2 Female MC AVN's so don't know if it would be the case for every AVN with a female MC. Probably cause I usually always pick female characters in others games unless I dislike a voice , so maybe it's easier for me to roleplay as a FMC or something not sure. So cause of that I love the parts where we can make choices for Kathrynn.

Reactions: TimoF965

TheUberstuff

Jul 28, 2020
Care to explain why? I love them if they are well done.
Most of the time, I dislike male MCs as they are boring (reminding me of my life) or making stupid decisions. Also, seeing sex from the male perspective does not have the novelty bonus as the female perspective has for me.
I personally never though I would like female protagonist games, however they have become some of my favorite games. I don't know if the devs that are making them just do a better job with the characters generally but they seem to have more depth to me then a lot of the male protagonist games. Also most of the male protag games I have played the male character is usually a prick asshole and I have hatred for those kind of people in games and in RL.

TimoF965

Nov 26, 2020
I know you were talking to Joshy but
Never mind, I always like interesting input. It was no personal message, either.

I find it a bit strange I play disconnected from like 90% of Male MC's
[...]
when I come a across a part where I need make a decision as a Female character I find myself able to get more immersed
[...]
Probably cause I usually always pick female characters in others games unless I dislike a voice , so maybe it's easier for me to roleplay as a FMC or something not sure.
This could be an interesting pointer to a reason. You ever heard about the "uncanny valley"? When designing an artificional character, it gets easier to accept him the more realistic he gets... up to a certain point of realism where the acceptance drops untis it starts to rise again at almost perfect realism. Like it is easy to find a fictive person made out of simple, straight lines lovable but an almost realistic, but aquardly torn arm of a guy looks creepy.

So maybe it is easier for us males to identify with a not so perfectly behaving or thinking female because she is further away from us and we can just go with "hey, a little strange, but women are like this, aren't they?" But with a strangely thinking guy I always go "nobody can be that stupid!" If this is a thing, it should be the other way around for women playing VNs.

I don't know if the devs that are making them just do a better job with the characters generally but they seem to have more depth to me then a lot of the male protagonist games. Also most of the male protag games I have played the male character is usually a prick asshole and I have hatred for those kind of people in games and in RL.
Yes, for me, this is one of the things. Males are often created very simple. But for me it is more what the typical plot is. Virtual men often supposed to be stupid loosers and kicked out of the way or to be heroes, solve riddles, overcome, ... . But they are not so often suffering and very scarsly abused. This is missing in their "work-sphere" ;) . Also if men are opressed, it is done in a less artful way. Hard to explain, but I hope you get what I mean.

But yeah, also hard to play a real asshole... even though I have to admit I did not find that many MCs with this character. Maybe the Black Heart games came close to this and some stupid "slave forever in chineese"-games that I stopped playing immediatly.
But as for Bobby's male MC, I find him quite symphatic, but I am not that interested in playing him anyway.

Reactions: TheUberstuff

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Honestly, I'm not a fan of making choices as Kathryn, I think it would be better if our choices as Luke determines how Kathryn acts but that might be because of my hatred for female protagonist games lol.
I'm the same way, not in regards to this - it's brief enough in east bloc it's no biggy...

But yeah, fem protag setups, not a fan at all. Most of them feel insulting dumb to me (fem protag games).

Reactions: Joshy92

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I just don't like them because most of them are slut simulators plus if we are making choices as multiple people it doesn't feel like I'm the mc it feels more like a novel.

And when it comes to these games characters should react based on past choices imo.

Monstalova

Jan 14, 2024
Male MC games allow you to flirt and date with multiple women. Have sex with different women on a daily basis, including threesomes. Build a harem where you can have your pick. Sleep with members of the family regularly.

Female MCs almost always start off nervous and naive. Then build their way up to being more confident and sexual.

Somehow people say only the female MC games are slut simulators? I would say its very hard to find a male MC game where the male isn't a slut. Its like some people don't even realise what they're playing or doing. Even in the East Block... Luke has the chance to cheat with 3 women so far, including his girlfriends mother, Kathryn has done what...?

In my view the male MCs are the true slut simulators. Players have become so used to males doing this now its second nature. When theres a female MC doing this in a game its shock horror. OMG shes wearing fishnets and slept with two men - what a whore! Meanwhile male MC has plowed through 25 women on the latest playthrough

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Male MC games allow you to flirt and date multiple women. Have sex with different women on a daily basis, including threesomes. Build a harem where you can have your pick. Sleep with members of the family regularly.

Female MCs almost always start off nervous and naive. Then build their way up to being more confident and sexual.

Somehow people say only the female MC games are slut simulators? I would say its very hard to find a male MC game where the male isn't a slut. Its like some people don't even realise what they're playing or doing. Even in the East Block... Luke has the chance to cheat with 3 women so far, including his girlfriends mother, Kathryn has done what...?

In my view the male MCs are the true slut simulators. Players have become so used to males doing this now its second nature. When theres a female MC doing this in a game its shock horror. OMG shes wearing fishnets and slept with two men - what a whore! Meanwhile male MC has plowed through 25 women on the latest playthrough
Another reason most adult games are garbage good games gives us choices and branching narratives.

FYI I don't play harem shit or kinetic trash. I want real choices and no forced eex scenes unless on that girls path.
Oh, and I hate cheating no matter who does it.

Bobbyboy48

Mar 1, 2021
Hey Bobbyboy48 Do you think there might be the option to ask Kathryn to do some humiliation talk in the future? Things like 'he is ruining my pussy baby' and stuff like that.

Edit - Oh, and creampie eating too? I should have asked these questions back in November lol.
The first one yeah, but not the second. That’s a bit too much for the vast majority of players I think.

firsttry51

Feb 25, 2018
Some individuals identify with the mc on a unconscious level (which makes projection easier) and derive some emotional fulfillment from these fictional happenings, which doesn't happen to them in female mc games.
it's why some people get frustrated/angry/sad about the mc being (in their minds) belittled or cheated, and they crave for an "alpha" mc.
some hold female/male mc games to completely different standards because of that, being much more forgiving for games with mc they identify with.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Some individuals identify with the mc on a unconscious level (which makes projection easier) and derive some emotional fulfillment from these fictional happenings, which doesn't happen to them in female mc games.
it's why some people get frustrated/angry/sad about the mc being (in their minds) belittled or cheated, and they crave for an "alpha" mc.
some hold female/male mc games to completely different standards because of that, being much more forgiving for games with mc they identify with.
Pretty much this except I get very upset if the mc cheats or does bad things without a choice to stop it. And I don't really like "alpha" dudes but the rest is spot on.

Reactions: StrawberryCheese83

firsttry51

Feb 25, 2018
Pretty much this except I get very upset if the mc cheats or does bad things without a choice to stop it. And I don't really like "alpha" dudes but the rest is spot on.
just used alpha mc as example, it's completely subjective to the individual of course,
it's so subjective in fact that it is completely possible to live vicariously through a character and "absorb" good emotions while "blocking" off negative emotions.

Reactions: Joshy92

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
Man the opinions in here lately... imma just keep my mouth shut. Trying to push the negative thoughts away and not go on rants or get in arguments anymore, at least in terms of the opinionated stuff.

Anyways, Kathryn is hot as hell and that's not an opinion, it's a fact in my book. If you disagree you're wrong ofc. :cool:

sagerock820

Nov 5, 2023
Man the opinions in here lately... imma just keep my mouth shut. Trying to push the negative thoughts away and not go on rants or get in arguments anymore, at least in terms of the opinionated stuff.

Anyways, Kathryn is hot as hell and that's not an opinion, it's a fact in my book. If you disagree you're wrong ofc. :cool:
Kathryn is hot, I agree. Everyone has an opinion and everyone is going to express theirs. Devs just need to realize they will never please everyone. It's a fine line they walk when taking into account what people say on here.

Reactions: TimoF965 and SlapE

Morgan12

Jun 1, 2018
Really loved the scene with Rika and Mr Santini (I always thought this type of corruption scene will show up in corruption VN but it never did).

Most scenes are good but I get a vibe of Inside Jennifer by Inceton where choices don't matter much. I feel like the author wants us very hard to go to Netorase path. Also I tried to play the good route but results were almost same (I think in this route she kind of becoming an exhibitionist).

There's no cheating route for Kathryn. There was few choices directly made by Kathryn so I thought there is a chance to corrupt her without asking the MC's permission. It's lovely to see her asking for permission from the MC whenever she is in any lewd scenario but it kind of getting lame now ( I mean predators came to her and wait for minutes hours!! until she gets a approval from MC to get a blowjob, such a good guys ;) )
i like it as it is going, would like to see Claire get plowed again and maybe preggers....with more Rika fun. Craig fucking claire is hot if you go that route, and would like to see more craig fucking, maybe kathryn down the line....possible preggers creampie.
anywho, luke fucking kathryn's mom and getting her preggers would be awesome.....but not my story and i like it so far....

4.60 star(s) 30 Votes