3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I miss this game.. I must corrupt me some elves!!

Hope all is well and look forward to your next release..
Yeah, I'm finishing generating the audio and I just took 3 days off (I've got 5 days before me) to be able to work a few more hours on it.
A full time job on the side :ROFLMAO: doesn't help. :D
I really wish I could spend more time on it.

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Im done with the audio, I'm so happy about it.
I couldn't see the end of it. There's a lot more conversation in the next chapters, so getting the right tonality is way harder.

Still, I'm pretty happy with the results, especially the lewd scenes.

There's 29min of audio spread into 374 clips.

First version of the game has 31min of audio for 330 clip.

30 clips take me a whole day to make in average.

I think I will try something else for the next version, I will finish my Ren'py script before and generate the audio in bulk with a bash script (I need to manually tag the mood for each line for the AI TTS). Then sort everything manually and only remake the ones that doesn't sound right.

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Nice experiment with some AI 3d depthmask. I wish the resulting quality wasn't so low.
It would be cool to use this to add a slight parallax effect to the backgrounds.

Reactions: Ackerlight

Dysonthiox

Aug 16, 2020

Posting these three links in the hopes it helps you with your AI Art Lumifel.

Reactions: Lumifel

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017

Posting these three links in the hopes it helps you with your AI Art Lumifel.
Thanks, the animations use existing video. That's derivative and not transformative (I've had similar results months ago but decided against it)
There's now many way to make consistent characters with Stable Diffusion, like alternating prompts and training models.

Didn't had the time to look into Pix2pix yet

Reactions: Dysonthiox

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I'm putting everything together, I've done half of it. The BJ scene was interesting. The renders follow each other in a good way, so I've been able to make low-fps animation/transition using Ren'py. It's far from real animation, but it's a bit better than just displaying renders one after another.

Side note: It's been weeks since I've made the renders; I'm getting turned on by my own work.:LOL:

Last edited:

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I was very motivated the last 3 days; I've spent nearly all my time working on Solaria.

I've made a lot of progress with Ren'py after reading a lot in the past two months. The exploration part will be much better than the first version. I've try to put a lot of option to navigate, I'm still keeping the clickable aera hidden until mouse over like the first version.

I think I should be able to move Solaria from something completely linear to something time and/or room based like most Ren'Py games.
The biggest advantage I see in doing that is that I will be able to concentrate on making events with Nara without having to advance the plot.

And today, I've started coding the final chapter. I've moved the sprites to Ren'Py layered images rather than simply displaying images. I've also finished coding a way to add or remove clothing and underwear.
I didn't exactly make this scene to be displayed nude, and the buttons will maybe move in the future (their are hidden while playing), but the kernel of a system where the player will be able to customize Nara's clothes is done.

side note:
I really like the second pic with the nude side boobs :love:

buttons.png

Last edited:
Reactions: zecon and JLuix

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Nice art ! i love it ! ... but i wish it wasn't a kinetic novel :(
Thanks !

Baby steps, I'm a beginner and it's a solo project that I do in my free time. I should be able to slowly make Solaria leaves the strict kinetic novel model in the updates after the next but the challenge will be actually creating something interesting to do.

I'm thinking of actually adding book to learn Tolkien's Elvish and a mini game related to it (skippable of course) for a start and some textual enigma.

I'm not a huge fan of meaningless choice or games that waste the player's time.

Reactions: zecon

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I finished a huge step: outside of Lucrast's scene sprites and a short improvement on the initial scene, it's done.
I want to try to generate a POV view of Nara's body, and I will also reorganize that scene to integrate the new rooms of the manor.
And instead of being "teleported" by the story, Lucrast will leave first, and the player will be able to move through the house to join him in a salon.

I've spent all day improving the clothing system, and it's quite robust now.
I'm leaving the buttons on for this update for testing, but starting with the next one, they will be locked again.
I will integrate them into the game. The corruption level of Nara's will dictate how much the player can undress her in the scene.
I've really enjoyed playing with them will coding and testing, it's what gave me the idea.

Last edited:
Reactions: PaxHadrian17

JLuix

Jul 1, 2017
I really appreciate your hard work.
Thanks for the time you dedicate to the art and craftsmanship.
Thanks for the passion and effort.
Best regards.

zecon

Jun 2, 2017
Thanks !

Baby steps, I'm a beginner and it's a solo project that I do in my free time. I should be able to slowly make Solaria leaves the strict kinetic novel model in the updates after the next but the challenge will be actually creating something interesting to do.

I'm thinking of actually adding book to learn Tolkien's Elvish and a mini game related to it (skippable of course) for a start and some textual enigma.

I'm not a huge fan of meaningless choice or games that waste the player's time.
Believe me i don't feel that i waste time making choices, in any case the only one who would "waste time" creating choices : would be the developer (you) , because they would have to make sense of what the player choose.

Having the characters (MC) make choices that affect them or the character in the story makes the game work like "real life" is not meaningless , at least not for me .

Thanks for your answer and i'm looking forward to seeing more of your cool artworks in the future. (y)

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Believe me i don't feel that i waste time making choices, in any case the only one who would "waste time" creating choices : would be the developer (you) , because they would have to make sense of what the player choose.

Having the characters (MC) make choices that affect them or the character in the story makes the game work like "real life" is not meaningless , at least not for me .

Thanks for your answer and i'm looking forward to seeing more of your cool artworks in the future. (y)
I was a bit unclear regarding my POV on that. It's not that I think that choice are a waste of time in general.

Because of limitation of my own, I don't think that atm I can add choice that doesn't waste time of the players.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: zecon

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
I'm finishing the last render :sneaky:. Made 3 additional renders for Nara yesterday, because I've actual dreamed of a scene :LOL: and I had to add it.

Most of the Ren'py code is done just some small adjustment are left. It's done tomorrow or the day after, finally.

Reactions: JLuix and Nulldev

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
View attachment 2180673

Overview:
Solaria, the home of the elves, finally welcomes humanity after hundreds of years. Lucrast and Nara, a married couple of elves, are the first to welcome a human in Solaria . He is officially here to foster harmony between elves and humans. But in reality he came for the gorgeous elven women, and Nara will be his first conquest.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thread Updated: 2022-11-19
Release Date: 2022-11-19
Developer: Lumifel -
Censored: No
Version: Chapter 1-7
Language: English
Length: 45-60min
Voices: English (Narration)
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - -
Mac:
- - -

View attachment 2379032 View attachment 2180681 View attachment 2180684 View attachment 2180685 View attachment 2379025

Last edited:
Reactions: Phoenix342423
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes