3.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
An amazing new tool for AI called ControlNet was released a few weeks ago. It allows for much greater control over generated images. With ControlNet, I am now able to push the style to new heights while maintaining the overall composition, fixing a major flaw in AI image generation.

The base image is the same for both

Img2img :
kitchen_bg.png
Img2img + Controlnet
kitchen_controlnet.png
I'm using a model called Canny to create an image that guides the AI. The resulting image has superior details and a more '3D' appearance, but the style is much more pronounced. I just need to fix the sink on the right to perfect the image.
kitchen_controlnet_canny.png

I plan to gradually revamp several of the game's rooms, with each new scene serving as an opportunity to enhance and refine each room's design.

The best part of using ControlNet is when I generate characters. I am finally able to generate a Nara character with consistent visual features. I have made some adjustments to her appearance and she now has a more 'elvish' look (and is more suggestive in nature).

The pose on the right is different, and the base image isn't the same as the other two. I still need to fix the hands, but the image is now much closer to the original look, with far more details. It's more stylized too. I really like the eyes.
style_evolution.png
Although I have to remake the sprites I've already created, I have no regrets, as the updated versions will be much better and improve the game's overall quality.

Last edited:

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
The dreambooth training really paid off. Even in very different settings (colors, lighting, etc.), the style is very similar, and Nara remains consistent. With Controlnet in the mix, the only challenging part left is creating the base image that fits well together.

yoga_kitchen.png

Nulldev

Nov 28, 2017
She is very pretty, but ain't she too human in the body? (short and full)

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
She is very pretty, but ain't she too human in the body? (short and full)

The first picture may give that impression, but it's mostly due to the angle, as looking down accentuates it.
However, that body style is the one I prefer for a NSFW game anyway and it's purely a human body, true.

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
Over the past few days, I've been spending a bit of time on improving my skills in Blender (it's a nightmare XD), specifically in setting up the camera for my scenes. During this time, I discovered that I had been using the wrong focal point for my camera, which was affecting the realism of my renders. After some experimentation, I found that using a 17mm focal point instead of my previous 11mm focal point (Blender default) produced significantly better results. The proportion if everything feels more natural.

Although I will need to regenerate the last image in my render, it's not a big deal since it's only the final step and I haven't cleaned up any of the previous images yet.

background focal 17.png

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
This is a rough version of the dress for the photoshoot, and I'm thinking of adding a garter belt to complete the look. Unlike the previous version, the bra is now more realistic (probably too small though), and without it, the breasts don't sit in the same position.

I've refined the steps, it is relatively easy to do. I wish I would do more complex clothing regarding the design, but being consistent in so many sprite take too much time.
dress_bra_nude.png

Last edited:

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
This is a rough version of the dress for the photoshoot, and I'm thinking of adding a garter belt to complete the look. Unlike the previous version, the bra is now more realistic (probably too small though), and without it, the breasts don't sit in the same position.

I've refined the steps, it is relatively easy to do. I wish I would do more complex clothing regarding the design, but being consistent in so many sprite take too much time.
View attachment 2468027
The garter belt would be a nice touch.

She has beautiful, pale skin, so what about black or dark green underwear to contract the skin color better?

Given the long-term approach the MC is taking to dominating and breeding her, here's another thought as well.

He could give her a very pretty dark colored ribbon choker to wear for the photoshoot to help show off her pretty neck.

As time goes on, that choker could evolve into something he tells everyone else is a gift from humans to elves, and something worn by high society human women, when it is actually an ornate collar, symbolizing his ownership of her as her Master.

Just a thought if it fits into your story.,

Reactions: Lumifel

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
The garter belt would be a nice touch.

She has beautiful, pale skin, so what about black or dark green underwear to contract the skin color better?

Given the long-term approach the MC is taking to dominating and breeding her, here's another thought as well.

He could give her a very pretty dark colored ribbon choker to wear for the photoshoot to help show off her pretty neck.

As time goes on, that choker could evolve into something he tells everyone else is a gift from humans to elves, and something worn by high society human women, when it is actually an ornate collar, symbolizing his ownership of her as her Master.

Just a thought if it fits into your story.,
I've changed the look quite a bit (I'm stopping myself from posting too many images). A day later, I didn't like the dress (Not sexy enough), so I started making something else. (When I remake this one, I will update it.)

Regarding the underwear or even clothes, I plan to keep them in light colors at first and gradually make them darker as her corruption increases.

The choker is a good idea, could be used as a card when I will eventually make a scene where she would be in public, having to give excuse for it.

Regarding her corruption, rather than making her submissive (master/servant), I'm inclined to make her "equal" to Ethan, her corruption making her Ethan's ideal partner or something like that and leaving the servant position to another character.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I've changed the look quite a bit (I'm stopping myself from posting too many images). A day later, I didn't like the dress (Not sexy enough), so I started making something else. (When I remake this one, I will update it.)

Regarding the underwear or even clothes, I plan to keep them in light colors at first and gradually make them darker as her corruption increases.

The choker is a good idea, could be used as a card when I will eventually make a scene where she would be in public, having to give excuse for it.

Regarding her corruption, rather than making her submissive (master/servant), I'm inclined to make her "equal" to Ethan, her corruption making her Ethan's ideal partner or something like that and leaving the servant position to another character.
That would also work.

You could even add the choker as not just a symbol of ownership/dominance, but also where the woman fits into the hierarchy of women who the human is corrupting.

She would wear the most beautiful choker, perhaps something with a cameo in the middle, while a new/newer elf woman would wear a plain unadorned ribbon as her neck jewelry.

The MC and the elven women he is corrupting would be the only ones who eventually learn the meaning behind the chokers.

To your point about making her Ethan's ideal partner, that could include feeding her desire for a bit of power, perhaps the daughters of other high born elves who need to be taught how to better interact with humans. Who better to teach them than Nara, who has earned Ethan's public praise for how she applies herself to better understanding humans to the betterment of Elven society.

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
The clothes take nearly as much time to make than the body if I want to be able to switch or remove them (I will try to add a bit of gameplay regarding that in the photoshoot). The right one is the clothes that will be used in the next update.
nara_5.png

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
The code for the camera overlay is done! It can be dragged all over the screen, and there's a small 'pixel grid' effect that I may tweak. Taking the photograph triggers the conversation and displays the next pose.
camera.png

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
We're about 5 weeks since the last release.

Out of curiosity, what kind of release frequency are you looking at for the next few releases?

Your release frequency, and your ability to consistently hit on/near those intervals, is one of the keys to building interest and increasing your support base.

Lumifel

Game Developer
Apr 27, 2017
We're about 5 weeks since the last release.

Out of curiosity, what kind of release frequency are you looking at for the next few releases?

Your release frequency, and your ability to consistently hit on/near those intervals, is one of the keys to building interest and increasing your support base.
I'm far from finished. It took me three months to make the second update. I'm getting faster, but I've been scaling up my ambition since I've learned quite a lot and new AI tools are available.

Still, I have a lot of code ready to be used (the clothing system I made in the previous update is very useful), so I don't have to make everything from scratch.

I'm working full-time and spending nearly 100% of my free time on the game, and a bit of my work time ahem. I'm doing my best to finish the update by the end of April or early/mid May.

That's the main reason why I'm releasing the game for free and not advertising the Patreon a lot. I'm not a full-time developer.

Reactions: Raoul Duke

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I understand, and I know that this is a hobby of sorts for many who are also working a full-time job.

I'm looking forward to more of your work, but only when you are ready to release it.

You are the creator so one of the most important things that I see is that you are enjoying yourself and that you find what you are creating and what you are learning to be fulfilling!

Cheers!

• Red Heart
3.80 star(s) 4 Votes