• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.20 star(s) 54 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
Hmm that is interesting...
i swear i'll unleash Vidal the King of Perverts by telling him you are going to take away Laura from him:KEK:
View attachment 1708858

Hehehe jk looking forward to the future of your project and a bit of mystery with unknown consequences can be a good thing also giving player a choice to influence not only LIs but the story itself to an extent can go a long way :giggle:
[/SPOILER]
final_62334bc22b973c0098c1d3f5_567968(1).gif

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
It's a very immersive choice imo. PC and Lucy have been friends forever, but never romantically. That's a bit of a hurdle to overcome, since neither of them made a move after all this time. What would it mean for their relationship, if the PC just now tells her that he doesn't want her to date anyone else? Is he, as a "friend", even in a position for a request like that or does it expose his ulterior motives and make things awkward?
They trust each other enough to openly talk about their needs. It would be a bit of a breach of trust imo, if the PC then suddenly doesn't want to talk about her, unless it directly involves him. Instead he can show that he truly cares about her and wants her to be happy no matter the cost. After that it's on her to decide that what truly makes her happy is the PC and not anyone else.
I like choices like that, because it's immersive to have characters with agency. I get that it's a game, but having other characters with agency besides the PC is a nice way to show off personality.
Choices like this are also fun, because, if you're immersed in the game and consider the character arcs and the story so far, they just make sense. The subtleness is a nice touch.
Your post came in while I was writing mine and after reading it, I still feel the same way but I do see your point about agency and trust. Well said.

MisterMaya

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2021
Your post came in while I was writing mine and after reading it, I still feel the same way but I do see your point about agency and trust. Well said.
And I also see your point, I'll make sure to keep that in mind whenever important choices like this one comes up, and have a longer thought on it :)

And also, I will kill Lucy next update, that way no problemo with the score *laughsinvilain*

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
And I also see your point, I'll make sure to keep that in mind whenever important choices like this one comes up, and have a longer thought on it :)

And also, I will kill Lucy next update, that way no problemo with the score *laughsinvilain*
Imo the only problem with this choice is that the magnitude of it is impossible for the player to tell. I feel like the first sex scene is pretty important in a romance arc (I mean, the characters are literally climaxing :geek:) and whether you get it or not seems to hinge on this single choice. As I said, I think it's a very immersive choice. But what's missing is a little feedback for the player. If I remember correctly, Lucy has basically the same reaction to both choices.
Like e.g., if there's a hidden "housefire" variable, it would be nice to know that I'm moving in the direction of the bar burning down and Lucy getting killed. Maybe the PC burns himself, while playing with matches, so the players know that they should be careful and not play with fire.

On a related note, the PC and Lucy deciding to keep the relationship open was a little anticlimactic imo. I get that from a player perspective I'd lose out on all the sexy content with side character from then on, if I wouldn't want to cheat, but it's not like I didn't get ample choice beforehand to either commit to Lucy or not.

MisterMaya

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2021
Imo the only problem with this choice is that the magnitude of it is impossible for the player to tell. I feel like the first sex scene is pretty important in a romance arc (I mean, the characters are literally climaxing :geek:) and whether you get it or not seems to hinge on this single choice. As I said, I think it's a very immersive choice. But what's missing is a little feedback for the player. If I remember correctly, Lucy has basically the same reaction to both choices.
Like e.g., if there's a hidden "housefire" variable, it would be nice to know that I'm moving in the direction of the bar burning down and Lucy getting killed. Maybe the PC burns himself, while playing with matches, so the players know that they should be careful and not play with fire.

On a related note, the PC and Lucy deciding to keep the relationship open was a little anticlimactic imo. I get that from a player perspective I'd lose out on all the sexy content with side character from then on, if I wouldn't want to cheat, but it's not like I didn't get ample choice beforehand to either commit to Lucy or not.
I understand that. I like making the choices "easy" to understand but I also like when they pose a little bit of a challenge and it's hard to find the correct balance when you mix the both of those.

Also, trust me, their relation is not "open", as you'll see in the next episode. Then again, it's a mistake on my end, I should have made it more obvious.
i can't tell you too much about this, because I'll spoil an important decision to come in episode 3, but it'll all make sense in the next episode.

Sep 3, 2020
I understand that. I like making the choices "easy" to understand but I also like when they pose a little bit of a challenge and it's hard to find the correct balance when you mix the both of those.

Also, trust me, their relation is not "open", as you'll see in the next episode. Then again, it's a mistake on my end, I should have made it more obvious.
i can't tell you too much about this, because I'll spoil an important decision to come in episode 3, but it'll all make sense in the next episode.
this is my favorite part of this forum

I love listening to a great conversations between player and developer

MisterMaya

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2021
this is my favorite part of this forum

I love listening to a great conversations between player and developer
Me too, and so many messages and comments on this site have helped me notice things I didn't before, and allowed me to improve my game overall.
As I always said, feedback is important to me.

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
My favorite scene in the game so far is Val's therapy session. It is so well done, far and away better than any other game has handled this topic. The therapist is actually listening and not diagnosing and pontificating. The character is on display, flaws and all.

Having a fairly extensive background in psychology and counseling myself, the scene feels real and honest. Val's lowpoint afterward is natural, making her dream with the MC much more appropriate in the scene.

Great job, MisterMaya.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
My favorite scene in the game so far is Val's therapy session. It is so well done, far and away better than any other game has handled this topic. The therapist is actually listening and not diagnosing and pontificating. The character is on display, flaws and all.

Having a fairly extensive background in psychology and counseling myself, the scene feels real and honest. Val's lowpoint afterward is natural, making her dream with the MC much more appropriate in the scene.

Great job, MisterMaya.
I'm so glad that her mental health issues didn't just get magiced away by either real magic or a magic dick. So many games bring up mental health as an easy way to play the sad violin, but they never commit and it's always a non-issue, or worse, a sexy character trait.

MisterMaya

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2021

Great job, MisterMaya.
Thank you so much, I actually did some research in the hopes of reaching a realistic scene, and I was really happy with the outcome.
I'm glad someone talked about this scene because there was a lot of work, reflection and research put into it :)

FAP369ZONE

Aug 29, 2018
It's a very immersive choice imo. PC and Lucy have been friends forever, but never romantically. That's a bit of a hurdle to overcome, since neither of them made a move after all this time. What would it mean for their relationship, if the PC just now tells her that he doesn't want her to date anyone else? Is he, as a "friend", even in a position for a request like that or does it expose his ulterior motives and make things awkward?
They trust each other enough to openly talk about their needs. It would be a bit of a breach of trust imo, if the PC then suddenly doesn't want to talk about her, unless it directly involves him. Instead he can show that he truly cares about her and wants her to be happy no matter the cost. After that it's on her to decide that what truly makes her happy is the PC and not anyone else.
I like choices like that, because it's immersive to have characters with agency. I get that it's a game, but having other characters with agency besides the PC is a nice way to show off personality.
Choices like this are also fun, because, if you're immersed in the game and consider the character arcs and the story so far, they just make sense. The subtleness is a nice touch.
Yup that is a great point! And also it is nice to see characters with a mind of their own in these erotic games. Its one of the main reason why i even play these egames... good story and characters :giggle:

Even tho its still in very early development, i have The Entrepreneur rated quite high on my personal list, it shares #6 place with two other EGames.

Oh fuk... umm you were not supposed to see that YET... Vidal dude its ok... umm... sheet!!!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

*runs off to lower the rating of The Entrepreneur on a personal list*

Bendover885

Jan 29, 2020
Thank you so much, I actually did some research in the hopes of reaching a realistic scene, and I was really happy with the outcome.
I'm glad someone talked about this scene because there was a lot of work, reflection and research put into it :)
I could tell you did your due diligence. I was worried about this story angle until you went there and committed to it seriously. As Hildegard said, so many games including some very popular titles treat mental health issues almost as a fetish.

On a related note, in cognitive behavioral therapy there is a technique called 'the magic wand' question where clients are asked: if you were given a magic wand that would remake your life exactly as you want it to be, what would your life look like? It's used in child psychology, for its simplicity, as then you have the client talk about why they chose those aspects to remake.

So the magic wand exists, just not as a euphemism for penis.

Sep 3, 2020
Oh fuk... umm you were not supposed to see that YET... Vidal dude its ok... umm... sheet!!!

*runs off to lower the rating of The Entrepreneur on a personal list*
final_623377947b1f9b0077af36c7_237528.gif

I was ready to go all Light Yagami on their ass

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
How are you gonna stand up to the mountain of a thug the smooth talker gangster has on payrole?
How are you gonna save your precious babes from the thug with the bm w?
How are you gonna roll business in after spending so much on reopening?
Stuff to ponder while MC tries his all to keep all these new babes in his life throbbed and beefcaked.

Sep 3, 2020
How are you gonna stand up to the mountain of a thug the smooth talker gangster has on payrole?
How are you gonna save your precious babes from the thug with the bm w?
How are you gonna roll business in after spending so much on reopening?
Stuff to ponder while MC tries his all to keep all these new babes in his life throbbed and beefcaked.
good question I guess I can always get help from the friends I meet along the way while playing the game

but MC doesn't have to solve all the problems by himself

the girls and people I meet along the way can help me remember that the girls are not just one-dimensional sex objects

and remember this is only episode 2

oh and I have to correct you on something you said how am I going to protect my babes for the record I don't have babes I have only one babe
screenshot0001.png

the rest are just my friends and nothing more

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: CrazyRabbit

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I agree, that choice was a mean trap from the dev. With most games, the choices are pretty clear in what they do. If a character asks "do you want me to date men?" I answer "NO" if I'm interested in her, in this way she'll understand it. It's like putting the jump action on another button than "X"

MisterMaya

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2021
I agree, that choice was a mean trap from the dev. With most games, the choices are pretty clear in what they do. If a character asks "do you want me to date men?" I answer "NO" if I'm interested in her, in this way she'll understand it. It's like putting the jump action on another button than "X"
I like watching the world burns sometimes
I'll take note of that!

4.20 star(s) 54 Votes