v1900

Apr 21, 2020
We don't know yet a lot of the circumstances behind MC's exile, but for the sake of funsies let me try and defend Mom.

-There is an "apparent" balance (hence why Heaven wants the MC to take care of Hell) so Mom interfering and going to Hell to rescue MC might throw everything out of balance and screw MC even further.
-There could be an interference around MC (before his escape) in general, that would explain why Heaven or Mom or whatever can't hear his prayers.
-And lets say (and this one is my personal favorite but I doubt the dev will do this) that in fact "everything" was written, and MC for some reason introduced free-will into the equation, that would be cool and would certainly explain why Mom didn't intervene at first (because she would have been incapable)
-There is also the possibility that MC was declared dead, and not exiled or missing.

The thing that makes me want to believe Mom and why I'm willing to defend her (for now) is that for whatever reason she is in the Human world, either self-imposed exile, or there is some plan behind her actions.

Oh and also, at the moment we haven't seen Angels travel to hell, only MC but its due to his copy-cat powers and black magic. Also "shadow" magic ball stuff that Nyx did. We see them fly to heaven, but maybe they are literally incapable of traveling to Hell by conventional means, just like maybe denizens of Hell can't travel to Heaven willy-nilly.
Well I am going to risk shooting my self in the foot because I am just now downloading this new reloaded version. As far as I have read here there has not been a rewrite, so what I am going to say should still be true.

If you take the time to replay the game to get all possible dialogues you learn that:
  • All the angels knew where he was because it was in front of everyone that he was cast to hell.
  • Most likely the mother knew exactly where in hell he was because she can feel his presence at all times.
  • He was prophesied to die in hell by the oracles so everyone knew and accepted that he would die there (including the mother).
  • Apparently none cared that he would die in hell because everybody thought he had no special power/worth (including the mother).
  • The angels should be able to go to and from hell as they please, seeing as they know the current state of hell and the older brother alluding to that if I remember correctly.
The mother sure looks caring when you meet her but she had given up on the MC and left him to die. It is more like the trope of you having to forgive her because she is hot.

While you put forward a very interesting point about the mother not going against the prophecy and its balance, I think that at best one could argue there are no hard feelings but there should no longer be filial connections left. Something in the vein of: Sure you fucked me because you had no other option, I get that, but we are no longer family so don't expect me to run to you like a lap dog and massage your feet.

tenor (30).gif If I have my way all those fuckers will die, even the hot ones.:devilish:

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Well I am going to risk shooting my self in the foot because I am just now downloading this new reloaded version. As far as I have read here there has not been a rewrite, so what I am going to say should still be true.

If you take the time to replay the game to get all possible dialogues you learn that:
  • All the angels knew where he was because it was in front of everyone that he was cast to hell.
  • Most likely the mother knew exactly where in hell he was because she can feel his presence at all times.
  • He was prophesied to die in hell by the oracles so everyone knew and accepted that he would die there (including the mother).
  • Apparently none cared that he would die in hell because everybody thought he had no special power/worth (including the mother).
  • The angels should be able to go to and from hell as they please, seeing as they know the current state of hell and the older brother alluding to that if I remember correctly.
The mother sure looks caring when you meet her but she had given up on the MC and left him to die. It is more like the trope of you having to forgive her because she is hot.

While you put forward a very interesting point about the mother not going against the prophecy and its balance, I think that at best one could argue there are no hard feelings but there should no longer be filial connections left. Something in the vein of: Sure you fucked me because you had no other option, I get that, but we are no longer family so don't expect me to run to you like a lap dog and massage your feet.

View attachment 1944855 If I have my way all those fuckers will die, even the hot ones.:devilish:
I've read quite a few comments but I don't remember seeing anyone mentioning another possibility...
What if ... by some scenario... mother knew her son is more special than it meets the eye, and in order for that to happen (become more special, let's say) he needed that "trial", that progression(what happened to him in hell, and the whole journey)?
What if this is the only way meant for him to survive, from what I can understand (again from reading the comments) is that she does love her son, she is very powerful, but what if by intervening(trying to save him from hell, or die after saved him from hell) he would have died in the process?
I'm not defending the mother by the way, just looking at some possibilities where her behaviour could be explained, and this scenario, to me, it makes a lot of sense.
what do you guys think about it?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: v1900

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I've read quite a few comments but I don't remember seeing anyone mentioning another possibility...
What if ... by some scenario... mother knew her son is more special than it meets the eye, and in order for that to happen (become more special, let's say) he needed that "trial", that progression(what happened to him in hell, and the whole journey)?
What if this is the only way meant for him to survive, from what I can understand (again from reading the comments) is that she does love her son, she is very powerful, but what if by intervening(trying to save him from hell, or die after saved him from hell) he would have died in the process?
I'm not defending the mother by the way, just looking at some possibilities where her behaviour could be explained, and this scenario, to me, it makes a lot of sense.
Unlikely, because it appears that he always had that ability he just never learned to use it. It just first manifested the way it did because of his fractured mind.

Based on the scene where the mother just figured out the MC escaped, compared to the scene when MC first meets her. On the later she appears caring even telling the MC might be pissed because of what they did (her included) to him. While on the former scene when she is just with MC's sister she appears as a short tempered, scheming, carnal loving bitch that was actually surprised he got out. On the other hand there is a dialogue saying "finally I will see you" or something like that, that makes the whole thing kind of ambiguous, so she might or might not had expected it.

Regardless there is no power awakening angle, he always had it. At most one could argue that they didn't knew what his power did and thus considered it useless.

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
i need to check out the story again. but atm i can only say its sounds like a fun possibilty but i'm guessing there's nothing in game that states that theory yet?

so for now people are reacting on what they know.

i do believe it's not as simple as we've seen up till now but idk it can be hard for people to get past betrayal like that. if strength is what is needed for example why didnt the mom take the MC and go into hiding and train him herself. during the time spent on the run (Maybe even in hell) she could have set up trials for him so he could get more effective training as opposed to "Torture hoping he'll have some kind of pychotic break" then again things like prophecy is basically inside information so yeah i guess she'd have more accurate info on how things will turn out but eh, again it's all weird.

but yeah Inessa should not have been killed off:cry:

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018
She willingly left a child (the MC said himself he was still a child when all this started) being tortured daily, she let that continue for centuries. Could any person do something like that to someone they care about, with just the hope they'll survive?

The dude is so messed up he created imaginary friends and reached a point he was hoping he'll die... He went into a frenzy and started killing everyone who got in his way... He can't even sleep without waking up in the middle of the night, screaming in terror from all the nightmares he's having...

I can't believe she didn't think that abandoning him for hundreds of years, while he was tortured on a daily basis, would fuck him up in every way possible.

If she really claim that she did it "for his own good" I hope we get the option to tell her that we don't want to see her face again, "for her own good"...

This is the first game that made me want an option to kill off multiple characters I actually find attractive.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
i need to check out the story again. but atm i can only say its sounds like a fun possibilty but i'm guessing there's nothing in game that states that theory yet?

i do believe it's not as simple as we've seen up till now but idk it can be hard for people to get past betrayal like that. if strength is what is needed for example why didnt the mom take the MC and go into hiding and train him herself. during the time spent on the run (Maybe even in hell) she could have set up trials for him so he could get more effective training as opposed to "Torture hoping he'll have some kind of pychotic break" then again things like prophecy is basically inside information so yeah i guess she'd have more accurate info on how things will turn out but eh, again it's all weird.

I actually think the mother is a scheming cunt that likes carnal pleasures.

• Haha
Reactions: Look-see

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
The MC was supposed to die the day he escaped, but we know he was there for centuries, since he was a just a child and he was praying every day to his parents and siblings who just ignored him...
Where are you getting that he was supposed to die the day he escaped? The closest I can find is the quote from Unity
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And that could have been any time in the centuries he was tortured. I'm sure his escape triggered everyone's interest, but that could be as much the Kreon dying from a different cause than *his* book of destiny. If MC's book of destiny didn't give an exact date he could have been scheduled to die at any time.

My personal guess, the reason he survived was Inessa coming in after he was tortured and bandaging him up/stitching his wounds. (Never mind the implausibility of that happening for centuries and the MC never once noticing.) I think she's the anomaly. From one perspective I'd be pissed as hell at her for making his torture continue when he could have had the sweet release of death much earlier.

Also, is Luna loony?
Yea I feel like having deep belly laugh about being sent down to hell, destined to die tortured by a demon. Also, why at the end of that scene is the MC given the option to kiss his mental creation? Is that just foreshadowing about mommy since he just had the thought he created Luna as a mother figure?

The only thing I can believe Raphael was trying to tell him is that Mother and Raphael *tried* to rescue him, one or more times and that's why the two of them are in the human world because they got exiled there because Dad couldn't pull off exiling them all the way to hell.

And if so... I'm still in burn it all to the ground mode. Also, note he's touched both Raphael and his mother, so he should have copies of both of their powers now.

Oh, and the surprise, the person he was supposed to be happy to see if the family member that brought him to hell? That didn't stick with me until I looked up the Luna quote composing this message. Fuck that noise, I'd have turned around and lit her on fire while putting shadow daggers through her heart.

Edit: Also, if Azreal brought him to hell that confirms that yes, angels can go to hell.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Where are you getting that he was supposed to die the day he escaped? The closest I can find is the quote from Unity
And that could have been any time in the centuries he was tortured. I'm sure his escape triggered everyone's interest, but that could be as much the Kreon dying from a different cause than *his* book of destiny. If MC's book of destiny didn't give an exact date he could have been scheduled to die at any time.

My personal guess, the reason he survived was Inessa coming in after he was tortured and bandaging him up/stitching his wounds. (Never mind the implausibility of that happening for centuries and the MC never once noticing.) I think she's the anomaly. From one perspective I'd be pissed as hell at her for making his torture continue when he could have had the sweet release of death much earlier.

Also, is Luna loony?
Yea I feel like having deep belly laugh about being sent down to hell, destined to die tortured by a demon. Also, why at the end of that scene is the MC given the option to kiss his mental creation? Is that just foreshadowing about mommy since he just had the thought he created Luna as a mother figure?

The only thing I can believe Raphael was trying to tell him is that Mother and Raphael *tried* to rescue him, one or more times and that's why the two of them are in the human world because they got exiled there because Dad couldn't pull off exiling them all the way to hell.

And if so... I'm still in burn it all to the ground mode. Also, note he's touched both Raphael and his mother, so he should have copies of both of their powers now.

Oh, and the surprise, the person he was supposed to be happy to see if the family member that brought him to hell? That didn't stick with me until I looked up the Luna quote composing this message. Fuck that noise, I'd have turned around and lit her on fire while putting shadow daggers through her heart.

Edit: Also, if Azreal brought him to hell that confirms that yes, angels can go to hell.
And that's why we need to kill them before they reproduce. :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: eddie987

eddie987

Dec 5, 2018

Also, is Luna loony?

It's mostly speculation, but I assume it was the day he was supposed to die because of the "conversation" he had with Luna about wanting to die and the fact that we literally saw him giving up and not even reacting to torture, a few hours before Ghost show up and touch his head.

WhatsFunny

May 7, 2021
Inessa is most def coming back his probably gonna get a crazy power of reviving the dead or sum like that idk

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017

She willingly left a child (the MC said himself he was still a child when all this started) being tortured daily, she let that continue for centuries. Could any person do something like that to someone they care about, with just the hope they'll survive?

The dude is so messed up he created imaginary friends and reached a point he was hoping he'll die... He went into a frenzy and started killing everyone who got in his way... He can't even sleep without waking up in the middle of the night, screaming in terror from all the nightmares he's having...

I can't believe she didn't think that abandoning him for hundreds of years, while he was tortured on a daily basis, would fuck him up in every way possible.

If she really claim that she did it "for his own good" I hope we get the option to tell her that we don't want to see her face again, "for her own good"...

This is the first game that made me want an option to kill off multiple characters I actually find attractive.
to both of you , I have not played the game, and can't play the game for a while, any games for that matter.
this is just me speculating based on the comments I've seen.
also at the moment I can think "just because it wasn't shown yet, doesn't mean it's not true"
again this is me basing all my comments on the comments of others, I have not played the game, I'm sorry for talking out of my ass , I guess I just hope there is some REAL justification, one that makes at least a little bit of sense for mom's behaviour.

Look-see it is a interesting possibility, I hope it's something close to that to be honest because, for me at least, at the moment, I don't see other things that could make sense.

eddie987 I agree, it's shit, that kind of behaviour is ... fucked, but it makes a bit of sense, but in the end, having to chose between having your son dead, or tortured but at least he'll be alive and you can work on healing him, it's better I think.
at least being alive gives a chance at helping him get through that while being dead..well... you know...

Again, this is me talking out of my ass, based on comments I've read here, I have not played the VN, I can't playt the VN at the moment, so take what I'm saying theoretical, I have no idea if there is anything in game that would hint at anything like that.

Reactions: Look-see

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Big quote
I might be wrong, and someone correct me if I am, but in this version things you most def know are:

You should be dead (His "destiny book" said that he should have died being tortured) this makes the Void or whatever its called to freak out and send you a protector (Nyx)
You lost your wings, making you incapable of "flying" to Heaven
Father was the one that sent the order
You had no powers as a child angel

This is my point, its too early to know Mom's motivation.

Reactions: BTLD

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
indeed, though at the moment .... (from what I've read) she does look.... antagonistical... while she is trying to portray a kind mother.
but Yes, I agree , 110%, it's too early to tell exactly.
I do hope I'm somewhat right, and she does love her son, and all of this was for a VALID reason, and not just ... blind obedience or some shit like that.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
indeed, though at the moment .... (from what I've read) she does look.... antagonistical... while she is trying to portray a kind mother.
but Yes, I agree , 110%, it's too early to tell exactly.
I do hope I'm somewhat right, and she does love her son, and all of this was for a VALID reason, and not just ... blind obedience or some shit like that.
My guess is, if there is an extradimensional being that is determining fates in his "destiny book" and its powerful enough to create and bind a being like Nyx to the MC, that Mom wasn't as capable as people here believe to be able to save MC, since she would have to contend with both Father and "fate" itself, and that if somehow her being on the Human plane was a plan or something to help him in some kind, then I would forgive her.

Its very light on motivation at the moment.

Now, if she was somehow capable of helping him but she just didn't, then yeah fuck her.

• Thinking Face

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Based on the scene where the mother just figured out the MC escaped, compared to the scene when MC first meets her. On the later she appears caring even telling the MC might be pissed because of what they did (her included) to him. While on the former scene when she is just with MC's sister she appears as a short tempered, scheming, carnal loving bitch that was actually surprised he got out. On the other hand there is a dialogue saying "finally I will see you" or something like that, that makes the whole thing kind of ambiguous, so she might or might not had expected it.
Huh ? Help me here, again I don't want to defend Mom just because, but these two scenes from my recollection don't go like this.

When MC goes into Human world, he gets run over and is sent into a Hospital, Raphael arrives late because MC gets away, and Mom is pissed at Raphael because MC escaped from the Hospital, not because he escaped from Hell. And says something like "I'll see you finally" yeah.

The other flashback is about Raphael training MC how to Fly and Mom is pissed that Raphael is pushing MC too much to fly and that he should take his time or something like that

And the other interaction besides the ending one, is where MC gets into the exploding warehouse trap, Nyx leaves you at Mom's house, and they both cure you, but you get away again.

• Thinking Face

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
I might be wrong, and someone correct me if I am, but in this version things you most def know are:

You should be dead (His "destiny book" said that he should have died being tortured) this makes the Void or whatever its called to freak out and send you a protector (Nyx)
You lost your wings, making you incapable of "flying" to Heaven
Father was the one that sent the order
You had no powers as a child angel

You are right about that except maybe the last part. I can't remember if it has been confirmed if he can copy an angel's power.
If he can copy an angel's power then he will be unstoppable and he will need just 2 chapters to jam his foot up his father's ass. If he can't copy an angel's power then it will explain why all of them thought he had no powers.
My guess is, if there is an extradimensional being that is determining fates in his "destiny book" and its powerful enough to create and bind a being like Nyx to the MC, that Mom wasn't as capable as people here believe to be able to save MC, since she would have to contend with both Father and "fate" itself, and that if somehow her being on the Human plane was a plan or something to help him in some kind, then I would forgive her.

Its very light on motivation at the moment.

Now, if she was somehow capable of helping him but she just didn't, then yeah fuck her.
She at least appears to be powerful enough to go against her husband, evidenced by how she thwarted his plan of sending the MC to hell again with just a few words. The "fate" entity (if it even exists) appears to not give a fuck that the MC survived, otherwise some unseen fucker would have taken a shot at the MC.

• Thinking Face

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
She at least appears to be powerful enough to go against her husband, evidenced by how she thwarted his plan of sending the MC to hell again with just a few words. The "fate" entity (if it even exists) appears to not give a fuck that the MC survived, otherwise some unseen fucker would have taken a shot at the MC.
I think(hope at least) there must be a reason for her actions, a valid one, cause if not, she is just antagonistic, and ...yea...well not a fan of antagonistical mothers, I don't give a fuck about fathers (teehee), but mothers, even if there is no incest, is something I dislike..heavily, that's why I'm hoping there is some kind of almost valid reason for her actions.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
You are right about that except maybe the last part. I can't remember if it has been confirmed if he can copy an angel's power.
If he can copy an angel's power then he will be unstoppable and he will need just 2 chapters to jam his foot up his father's ass. If he can't copy an angel's power then it will explain why all of them thought he had no powers.

Ghost had something to with the awakening of his powers, ghost itself being a mystery because he is awfully aware of things that happen around MC.

And I would argue that the Void/Fate thingy is very much interested if he is willing to send an agent to spy on MC, my guess to discover how he was able to defy his fate.

Also I'm going to say something very dumb that just occurred to me but would be funny (in a bad way) but what If Mom is warded against leaving the house, given that Raphael seems to be her lapdog at the moment.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BTLD and v1900

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
The "fate" entity (if it even exists) appears to not give a fuck that the MC survived, otherwise some unseen fucker would have taken a shot at the MC.
No, that's why Nyks was sent, at least as stated in the conversation the MC overheard. "Unity" and "Seer" are all very up in arms that MC survived, which is why Nyks was sent to a) Spy on MC, and b) Keep MC alive.

v1900

Apr 21, 2020
Huh ? Help me here, again I don't want to defend Mom just because, but these two scenes from my recollection don't go like this.

When MC goes into Human world, he gets run over and is sent into a Hospital, Raphael arrives late because MC gets away, and Mom is pissed at Raphael because MC escaped from the Hospital, not because he escaped from Hell. And says something like "I'll see you finally" yeah.

The other flashback is about Raphael training MC how to Fly and Mom is pissed that Raphael is pushing MC too much to fly and that he should take his time or something like that

And the other interaction besides the ending one, is where MC gets into the exploding warehouse trap, Nyx leaves you at Mom's house, and they both cure you, but you get away again.
Yeah you are right about the scenes and I didn't implied she was pissed he escaped from hell. She is indeed pissed that the MC escaped Raphael. The way I evaluated that scene is as follows:
  • She ordered Raphael to go fetch the MC instead of doing what most mothers would do, you know going there themselves, because the MC is her son that has been tortured for centuries and she hasn't seen him since he was like 12 years old.
  • Instead she is there drinking wine in her underwear getting pissed that her lackey failed her.
  • All while caressing her lips wondering how her son looks like.:WaitWhat:
There is in my opinion a marked difference between that scene and the last scene at the end of the update. It kind of feels like she is a duplicitous person playing the MC. I will admit that I am cold MOFO and I am not moved by sappy sad faces even if it's from a hot MILF.

3.40 star(s) 77 Votes