Ren'Py Abandoned The Family Business: Parallel Universe | MiniGame - TechDemo [v1.11 FINAL] [Nemesia Productions]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Hi folks. Another update from the upcoming OneShot. Production is going nicely apart from a last minute design change which you can read about by clicking the image. As you might have noticed from our demo, we are using real lighting(meaning there is no light in the scene if there is no sun/lamp/candle etc to provide it in the scene just like real life) even if it means leaving some areas dark but we are also countering that issue with clever camera work. However we also want to hear your opinion on the matter. We think that using real lighting instead of using invisible light planes to light up everything in the scene results in more immersive and believable imagery. We are open to suggestions and criticism so feel free to drop some keystrokes here or down below the patreon post. Enjoy <3

Looks good...
2nd pic kinda blinded me....but it looked good.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NemesiaProductions

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
Thanks mate. That why we won't direct our camera at the sun directly in the game <3 Just wanted to show the effect there.
In that case good job....
...u got some more thiccness appreciation.....or do i have to wait.....

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
As you might have noticed from our demo, we are using real lighting(meaning there is no light in the scene if there is no sun/lamp/candle etc to provide it in the scene just like real life) even if it means leaving some areas dark but we are also countering that issue with clever camera work. However we also want to hear your opinion on the matter.
Don't, another Dev that is using this only natural lighting approach and some of his scenes are so dark that the player can't even see what is happening and he has pages of comments about the bad lighting.
I know this is a more realistic way of doing it but in a VN it is important that we can actually see what is happening even if that means that you need to use unnatural lighting.
For the 3 sample pics that you are showing on Patreon, the 2nd is too bright, the 1st is good and while I would like a bit more light on her back in this render it is ok as it is.

Reactions: Famescua

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Don't, another Dev that is using this only natural lighting approach and some of his scenes are so dark that the player can't even see what is happening and he has pages of comments about the bad lighting.
I know this is a more realistic way of doing it but in a VN it is important that we can actually see what is happening even if that means that you need to use unnatural lighting.
For the 3 sample pics that you are showing on Patreon, the 2nd is too bright, the 1st is good and while I would like a bit more light on her back in this render it is ok as it is.
What about what you saw in the demo? was there any scene that is too dark that you couldn't see whats going on?

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
What about what you saw in the demo? was there any scene that is too dark that you couldn't see whats going on?
Didn't see any problems with the lighting in the demo, but after checking the demo again I'm not sure if the style you are using is really my thing, while in some scenes it is good to show the MC I prefer not to see the MC in every render. This has a simple explanation most MCs are too short and skinny in my opinion, most of the time when I see these MCs I think am I really that much taller than the average guy out there?

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Didn't see any problems with the lighting in the demo, but after checking the demo again I'm not sure if the style you are using is really my thing, while in some scenes it is good to show the MC I prefer not to see the MC in every render. This has a simple explanation most MCs are too short and skinny in my opinion, most of the time when I see these MCs I think am I really that much taller than the average guy out there?
Sadly that problem will persist for you since we are not pursuing a first person design in our game. Using external PoV allows us to play with the camera angles and achieve some seriously nice looking shots. However on the lighting department, we are already countering the darkness issue with clever lamp/candle etc placements and camera angles. You won't be having any problem with dark areas during sex scenes if thats what you are afraid of.

Reactions: TSL_JOK4R.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Sup Folks! New Dev-Diary is up and open for public if you want to know what's going on behind the scenes. Feel free to ask if you want to see any specific topics on the upcoming Diaries. As always, thank you for you support <3

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
OneShot#1: Nicole Outfit Pose and Texture Test

Hi folks. Just sharing a test render from the upcoming OneShot to confirm light rig and textures/shaders are working well together along with physics simulation we are using for clothing items. You check our for more free and paid images along with development diaries if you are interested. Feel free to criticize Enjoy <3

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Hi folks. I've made a weird thingy for the patreon. Was gonna render a couple of scenes but ended up with a huge story. You can find the (not so short) short story spanning 1.324 words and 12 more images by visiting our or clicking to the image below.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: TSL_JOK4R.

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
Just spend a few hours playing around with this game - it is really great! I like your approach to give such a detailed demo, it is really well-done. I like the UI, especially the navigation and the smartphone.

One criticism - sometimes the faces are not really good-looking. Especially on Raven, near the end when she is standing in front of the MC. The face looks kinda scary, but other than that, the models are A++. Raven is my favorite so far, I think, she is really cute.

I have one question, putting it in spoiler so that people who did not play the game dont get spoilered:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: NemesiaProductions
4.80 star(s) 4 Votes