Ren'Py Abandoned The Family Business: Parallel Universe | MiniGame - TechDemo [v1.11 FINAL] [Nemesia Productions]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Sup folks o/. We've dropped a promo image for the upcoming OneShot which you can find in 4K quality completely available to everyone <3

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Hi Dev.

How are you doing guys?

How long until the next release?
Oi mate o/. We are good, thank you so much for asking. Hope you are doing okay too. We don't like giving exact release dates since IRL can hinder everything in an instant but its safe to say that the OneShot will be out around the 15th of this month (if everything goes according to plan including the bugfixing/playtests etc.) For the Chapter 1 release its a bit early to say for sure. We don't wanna pull a CDProjekt on you guys :D

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
The Milf needs bigger boobs and ass ;)
otherwise it looks great!
great use of lighting and depth of field in the renderers
We already have a MILF with bigger assets. The Aunt, Kiera. We aim for some degree of realism with our designs thus Nicole has the natural curves and assets while Kiera, being the trophy wife, has the plastic enhancements :D Silicon boobs and a fitter body with a booty forget with 1000 squats every day :D

Pica-bu

Dec 21, 2017
Hi, NemesiaProductions. Really can't wait for One Shot and the release of the first installment of the main game. I just wanted to say that I personally really like and appreciate your transparency and hearing what your audience has to say and in some cases reassure (things that some devs lack these days).
As I can gather from previous posts there might be ntr in the future, but only with side characters and optional(wanted to say big thanks for your decision not to include "family members" in this list). I myself not a fan of ntr to say the least, but with that been said I was always the advocate for the inclusion of some "kinks" with new characters(which I presume you going to do). If that's the case and as long if its optional - I am personally ok with ntr, and wanted to applaud you on your stands on this subject. And yea you right, these days some devs tend to include some "kinks" in the game where the game itself was out for months or been really vague on the potential content with some of their characters (yea... I'm looking at your dev of "Red Falls"), but the way you respond to some questions (and the interaction with me in the past) I have no worries that you will stick to your ward (something I wish other devs do and mb be more transparent like you guys). It's the first time that I thinking of becoming a patron myself just for reasons above (heck.. I'm actually going to do so). Hope to play your game and a story you creating as soon as you guys will be ready and comfortable to release.
Until then - have a great day and good luck to you. Cheers (y) ;)

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Hi, NemesiaProductions. Really can't wait for One Shot and the release of the first installment of the main game. I just wanted to say that I personally really like and appreciate your transparency and hearing what your audience has to say and in some cases reassure (things that some devs lack these days).
As I can gather from previous posts there might be ntr in the future, but only with side characters and optional(wanted to say big thanks for your decision not to include "family members" in this list). I myself not a fan of ntr to say the least, but with that been said I was always the advocate for the inclusion of some "kinks" with new characters(which I presume you going to do). If that's the case and as long if its optional - I am personally ok with ntr, and wanted to applaud you on your stands on this subject. And yea you right, these days some devs tend to include some "kinks" in the game where the game itself was out for months or been really vague on the potential content with some of their characters (yea... I'm looking at your dev of "Red Falls"), but the way you respond to some questions (and the interaction with me in the past) I have no worries that you will stick to your ward (something I wish other devs do and mb be more transparent like you guys). It's the first time that I thinking of becoming a patron myself just for reasons above (heck.. I'm actually going to do so). Hope to play your game and a story you creating as soon as you guys will be ready and comfortable to release.
Until then - have a great day and good luck to you. Cheers (y) ;)
Thank you so much mate. As stated before, we have a very long term plan for the Family Business and keeping everything vanilla till the very end is likely going to be pretty boring pretty soon. Introducing new kinks to the game, even though its going to be happening with the side characters, is going to help us make the game diverse and enjoyable for everyone on the long run. Since our plans are already laid out for the main characters, we don't think we will have any problems regarding their content for the upcoming 6 seasons. Yes, there will be at least 6 seasons including 10 or more chapters each. Each season will have its own struggle and story arc which will be tied to the character story arcs. Side characters however will be introduced and reintroduced depending on the story arc but ultimately, will not impact the main story. Since this plan allows us to play with the side character content wildly with no consequences regarding the main story, we've decided that we can experiment with new things which is not focused by the main characters like sharing, ntr and other fetishes we'd rather not discuss for spoiler reasons. Also, including those extra content without forcing anyone is also allowing us to show our audience something new which they might find interesting. Who knows, maybe there is someone out there that has no clue about what BDSM is and see it here first time :D (Is there anyone that innocent left is completely beyond me though)

We believe letting you guys know what we are doing and helping you to get rid of the question marks is a huge part of our business if I may call it so. After all, we are creating this for you and we are here thanks to you. Especially with you guys dedicating your precious time playing our game or even spending your money to support us, we owe you this level of transparency if not more. Personally I'm glad that this is working out for all of us in the end. Again, thank you so so much for your comment mate <3

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Hello people, here is a beautiful signature for this game made by the amazing people at the GFX Request Thread.
If you liked it go give them some love :)

View attachment 1126311
Link:
Code:
https://attachments.f95zone.to/2021/04/1147955_TFBPU-all_in.gif
I've just read the GFX thread and saw your request there too. Thank you so much for your interest in our game mate <3 With everything going on with the development we couldn't spare time on the signatures yet. This one is surely a nice surprise for us <3

DearLegend37

Compressor
Dec 20, 2019
I've just read the GFX thread and saw your request there too. Thank you so much for your interest in our game mate <3 With everything going on with the development we couldn't spare time on the signatures yet. This one is surely a nice surprise for us <3
You are welcome
I guess I got a bit impatient with the signatures but this community can be really nice sometimes :giggle:

You guys deserve it :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: NemesiaProductions

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
the dice roll is one of the worst non minigame points system ive seen, always a fail
I FULLY agree.....I kept trying for a solid 30 min and gave up
That system was discussed a couple of times since the release and there actually is an explanation behind it. Once you cast the die, system remembers it and prevents you from going back and reroll a different outcome. If you want to see a different outcome, you should save the game before the whole event starts and play from there. This way, we can be sure that the player must live with the consequences of his action.
That being said, the dice system you see in that scene is made for testing/demo purposes and even in the main game, it will never interfere with the story. Its just going to be there to add extra flavor to the content. Even in the demo, it just determines if you can look at her cleavage without her noticing or not. There is no huge change depending on the result. If you get caught, she will say something, if not, you will continue the coffee event as if nothing happened anyway.
We will open a poll about it and get your opinion in the future and we will consider keeping that system in or removing it according to that.

Reactions: uhhhok

Cherubin25

Nov 7, 2020
That system was discussed a couple of times since the release and there actually is an explanation behind it. Once you cast the die, system remembers it and prevents you from going back and reroll a different outcome. If you want to see a different outcome, you should save the game before the whole event starts and play from there. This way, we can be sure that the player must live with the consequences of his action.
That being said, the dice system you see in that scene is made for testing/demo purposes and even in the main game, it will never interfere with the story. Its just going to be there to add extra flavor to the content. Even in the demo, it just determines if you can look at her cleavage without her noticing or not. There is no huge change depending on the result. If you get caught, she will say something, if not, you will continue the coffee event as if nothing happened anyway.
We will open a poll about it and get your opinion in the future and we will consider keeping that system in or removing it according to that.
The thing is, the Dice Event is quite nice, because it is immersive. In Real Life I would also have to gamble if I can look without being noticed or not.
However, some players simply dont want to miss out on content. Even if it turns out to just be a picture you wont see. And personally, I also dont want to save so many times just in case of a Dice Event coming up. Sure, I can replay until the Dice Event or skip through the content to get there ASAP, but this would completely remove the immersion the Dice Event gives to the player.

NemesiaProductions

Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
The thing is, the Dice Event is quite nice, because it is immersive. In Real Life I would also have to gamble if I can look without being noticed or not.
However, some players simply dont want to miss out on content. Even if it turns out to just be a picture you wont see. And personally, I also dont want to save so many times just in case of a Dice Event coming up. Sure, I can replay until the Dice Event or skip through the content to get there ASAP, but this would completely remove the immersion the Dice Event gives to the player.
The thing is, even if the dice fails, you get to see the image anyway. Fail will add 1 or 2 lines of dialogues from the person in front of you saying that they've caught you looking and that's all. In the main game, that system will help us to make repeatable scenes a bit more dynamic. We were even considering adding secret events depending on the repetition and result number. Getting caught by a female with zero care if you see her boobs or not will result in her pointing out your mischief in the first couple of times but if you get caught numerous times she can even say fuck it, if this is what you want, here, take a good look at them and stop bothering me in the future. That kind of dynamism is what we strive for. Sure, we couldn't exactly implement that kind of depth and detail in the demo because as you all know, its a demo and frankly almost 1000 renders for a demo is already pretty big in my opinion. But in the future we really want to work on the variations, choices and overall dynamism to make the game feel like it has a living breathing world.

Dec 29, 2018
The thing is, even if the dice fails, you get to see the image anyway. Fail will add 1 or 2 lines of dialogues from the person in front of you saying that they've caught you looking and that's all. In the main game, that system will help us to make repeatable scenes a bit more dynamic. We were even considering adding secret events depending on the repetition and result number. Getting caught by a female with zero care if you see her boobs or not will result in her pointing out your mischief in the first couple of times but if you get caught numerous times she can even say fuck it, if this is what you want, here, take a good look at them and stop bothering me in the future. That kind of dynamism is what we strive for. Sure, we couldn't exactly implement that kind of depth and detail in the demo because as you all know, its a demo and frankly almost 1000 renders for a demo is already pretty big in my opinion. But in the future we really want to work on the variations, choices and overall dynamism to make the game feel like it has a living breathing world.
On the topic of how you plan on doing dice rolls, I would recommend that failing it should prevent you from seeing the image. If I'm going to see the image regardless of whether I fail or not, it isn't going to feel as rewarding when I actually DO pass it. It defeats the purpose of "relationship points" and taking the risk to begin with. Don't fear from requiring a little bit of effort to see the scenes in the game, since that will actually make them feel more enjoyable having earned them. A little bit of grind is better than none at all, because otherwise the reward of sex (or seeing a simple image) won't feel as rewarding. This isn't to say that you should implement A FUCKING BOATLOAD of grind (please don't do that :ROFLMAO:), but don't just hand out scenes without requiring some effort on our part. Doing this will help keep your game a sandbox/prevent your game from becoming a linear visual novel. Sandboxes > Visual Novels any day of the week :p

• Red Heart
4.80 star(s) 4 Votes