Ren'Py Abandoned The Family Business: Parallel Universe | MiniGame - TechDemo [v1.11 FINAL] [Nemesia Productions]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

GA123

Jul 1, 2017
Love the voice acting. It really adds something special. (Edit: nevermind, it seems self voicing is not a feature unique to this game xD)

Pretty good demo.

Last edited:
Reactions: uhhhok

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Tried out the demo finally...hm, interesting choices.

First, I'm confused as to why the animation is only 1-2 frames, instead of like 30 FPS or something smoother...it's similar to Dreams of Desire, which was one of the earlier 1080p games, that only had 2 frame animations. Lewdlab, like the rest of the industry, has moved on and now produces smoother, higher frame count animations.

Second...there's a "pinched," face look that I've seen multiple developers end up with, not sure why you'd want a model who appears as if they've spent the last 1-2 days starving to death from the gaunt, tightness around their cheekbones, eyes, and that sunken, "I'm starving," appearance write across their mugs, but hey, you do you.

About 650 narrative images (counting the various folders), where there are more game assets, but those are the 'story' bits; a lot of music & sound effects (skipped those, as I was looking at other stuff), and unless you "get it right," in the demo, you get a really small play through (tried twice, ended up ~10 minutes, give or take, and all I got was the younger, dark haired woman with the oral scene).

During the action, I saw the patreon logo roll in from the upper right hand side a few times - while that's clever...it's majorly distracting for me during the adult scene to suddenly get an advertisement. That "P," isn't what gives me a boner :)

A solid start in some ways, confusing choices in others - extreme customization on the main menu with those polaroid style shots, but there's no replay gallery which means if I like the hot scenes, I have to either save strategically (would require a second play through to know where said action starts, I think) or just play through again.

The dice animation rolling across the screen was neat, but is the vibe of playing Dungeons & Dragons as a middle schooler the vibe you want the adults who play the game to experience?

(y) Thanks for sharing, and best of luck with it!

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
DearLegend37 sorry, I should have mentioned, yes, I got the intercourse with the younger woman.

Seems like if you're a fan of the game tho'...and you compress games...why was this one released as a "uncompressed," 1.2 gig monstrosity? :unsure: Game size is something people usually equate (sometimes wrongly) with size of content, when in this case, it was a little misleading b/c of the lack of compression.

After I downloaded & played, all I thought was, "That's it? I'm getting micopenis, when I expected a Big Chungus." lol.

• Haha
Reactions: TSL_JOK4R.

Woeml

May 15, 2018
Excuse me, Which stage are you guys processing? I mean the percentage of this game that got developed.

NemesiaProductions

Dev of the Family Business
Game Developer
Apr 19, 2019
Hey, NemesiaProductions , haven't heard from you for a lot of time, usually, you are pretty active. I hope everything is fine with you guys.
Hello mate. Pretty much alive here but we have a huge contract ongoing right now. We still very much want to keep developing the game yet our IRL situation doesn't allow it for now. o/

• Red Heart
Reactions: Truvelo and uhhhok

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Just noticed, it's been since Feb when the "demo," was put out by these guys, and it's now June (about four months later) and their patreon page is more or less dead since April (nothing posted in May).

Should this game get the (Abandoned) tag? It's a demo though, so maybe a (completed) tag would make more sense?

HansDampf788

Dec 31, 2018
Just noticed, it's been since Feb when the "demo," was put out by these guys, and it's now June (about four months later) and their Patreon page is more or less dead since April (nothing posted in May).

Should this game get the (Abandoned) tag? It's a demo though, so maybe a (completed) tag would make more sense?
Well, it is a bit more complicated because technically this game could get the completed tag. After all, it is just a demo to gather feedback and the actual game could get a new thread.

The bigger problem is exactly what I predicted and told the Dev a while ago that with the non-canon side stories they slow down the progress on the actual game too much.

mrbigchungus

Mr Brosef Chungus
Game Developer
Nov 1, 2019
Well, it is a bit more complicated because technically this game could get the completed tag. After all, it is just a demo to gather feedback and the actual game could get a new thread.

The bigger problem is exactly what I predicted and told the Dev a while ago that with the non-canon side stories they slow down the progress on the actual game too much.
Fair comment, I've seen a few developers do this, and after producing a lot of content (for two different demos)...I can't see how I'd manage if I was working on two things at the same time. It'd be too rough, and too slow.

Reactions: Turtlesweater42

arms99

May 11, 2018
Should this game get the (Abandoned) tag?
As a rule here on f95 there has to be 3 months of total silence from the dev on patreon before getting the abandoned tag. So if the there is no communication in the next month then it'll get the tag. Having said that, I'm getting some serious abandoned vibes here, which would be a real shame because I had very high hopes for this game.

Reactions: xXwankerXx

K.T.L.

Keeping Families Together
Donor
Mar 5, 2019
I'll give it a go, but a 23 year old boy??? At what age does one become a man in this world? 80?

Gave up already. Navigation is so difficult. Had one task, to get back to Raven's room from outside. Gave up after going round in circles for ten minutes.

Last edited:
Reactions: HansDampf788

modo200

Feb 5, 2018
the game is really good i love the aunt she's my favorite i hope the Developer doesn't abandoned the game it's gonna be A big shame anyway have A nice day every one (y)

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes