3.00 star(s) 46 Votes

Gehrman

Mar 7, 2018
Heya. I'm the guy behind translation of the demo, Christmas ep and his patreon page. Hope it wasn't that horrible :^)
Author of this game has been looking for a translator on russian imageboard promising some sort of reward, so I hopped on the train. But after I did everything, he asked for my PayPal to pay me and just disappeared. Not a word since January 7th. Tells a bit about trust. I'm not mad at him, it was a slight pleasure to practice this sort of thing, but I was expecting at least explanation.
Should you need any proofs I'm glad to provide, but they are in Russian.

Also if you are in need of English-Russian translator, I'm glad to help for free or a small "thank you" in money equivalent.

Message for Aorrta: Если ты это читаешь, напиши мне вконтачик на /abysswatcher, спасибо.

sarge87

Apr 27, 2017
Oh well, I guess that's it for the game. I'm not expecting the dev to keep at it until the end, we'll be seeing an 'abandoned' tag sooner than later I think.
So much talent wasted with such a shitty attitude, it's a real shame.

Reactions: fz, DMC and Hyped

ait123

Oct 29, 2017
Heya. I'm the guy behind translation of the demo, Christmas ep and his patreon page. Hope it wasn't that horrible :^)
Author of this game has been looking for a translator on russian imageboard promising some sort of reward, so I hopped on the train. But after I did everything, he asked for my PayPal to pay me and just disappeared. Not a word since January 7th. Tells a bit about trust. I'm not mad at him, it was a slight pleasure to practice this sort of thing, but I was expecting at least explanation.
Should you need any proofs I'm glad to provide, but they are in Russian.

Also if you are in need of English-Russian translator, I'm glad to help for free or a small "thank you" in money equivalent.

Message for Aorrta: Если ты это читаешь, напиши мне вконтачик на /abysswatcher, спасибо.
wow. if this is true i lost all respect for the dev

Reactions: Kakato and DMC

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
I used to respect the guy, but this, what? he did the demo and 1 update??? the game wasn't even started and he already pulled the plug? WTF??? :(:(:(

Reactions: DMC

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
I'm still confused about all the negativity here. So yes, he wasn't very communicative for the last couple of weeks and that is something he definitely should be aware of and improve for the future. But as far as I know he only gets money when he releases content, so nobody can say he is milking people.

In fact it seems more like he wants to take his time to finish the next version at a level he's satisfied with and not do some quick shots. This means he's actually losing money because he delays the next version for the benefit of quality instead of grabbing some easy bucks.

If I just look at the 0.1, the Xmas episode and now the preview for the next version I'm still impressed. If he keeps the quality (and I understood he has a professional background) this game will potentially be lightyears ahead of most games, maybe only a few as DoD or Milfy City are somewhat comparable in terms of quality and those are already champions league.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 0.2 will be shockingly good and people will run nuts again about the superb quality. But nowadays people want everything now and immediately and if they get it that way and it's not up to the requested standard they will rant and riot like noone warned them beforehand that quality needs time.

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
Dev screwed over his translator too? This is getting ridiculous.

My prediction about his story skills came true, dev says he scrapped the whole thing due to the crappy story. He second guessed his instincts and claims to have hired a writer. That was the beginning of the end to be honest.

With this new revelation, it won't matter how good the new release is. People here will tear it to shreds.
He's good at rendering, photoshop and after effects. He should team up with someone who can keep him in check.

Reactions: ItsEricBoi

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
Please check post #975
I read that post but a) the negativity here started much, much earlier and b) none of us can verify this statement or know the backgrounds. I would be very cautious about what unknown people post in forums or the internet in general.

Reactions: fz

Gehrman

Mar 7, 2018
As I said, I can give you screens of our Telegram conversations if you're able to read Russian. Of course you can say that I've faked it, but why would I spend my time and wait a few months to dishonor some guy trying to make his own game.

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
I read that post but a) the negativity here started much, much earlier and b) none of us can verify this statement or know the backgrounds. I would be very cautious about what unknown people post in forums or the internet in general.
Quite right. I agree that he is decent enough to take money after created content (which really invalidates any claim stating he is a milker when it comes to this project alone, as long as his updates going to have any real substance). I very much agree that some people are just simply impatient. But i'd say verifying the statement is not next to impossible since you just have to take up on the offer of @Gehrman and check out what he has for a proof. Which isn't exactly equals "none of us can verify".

On the side note, i do love this project but i'm not trusting any dev blindly either. I actually prefer to take your advise the other way around and be very cautios believing a Developer's so called reasons for long time absense or lack of updates. Not exactly this case, since the pledge-per-content solution is very patreon-friendly.

momojean

Sep 15, 2017
I'm still confused about all the negativity here. So yes, he wasn't very communicative for the last couple of weeks and that is something he definitely should be aware of and improve for the future. But as far as I know he only gets money when he releases content, so nobody can say he is milking people.

In fact it seems more like he wants to take his time to finish the next version at a level he's satisfied with and not do some quick shots. This means he's actually losing money because he delays the next version for the benefit of quality instead of grabbing some easy bucks.

If I just look at the 0.1, the Xmas episode and now the preview for the next version I'm still impressed. If he keeps the quality (and I understood he has a professional background) this game will potentially be lightyears ahead of most games, maybe only a few as DoD or Milfy City are somewhat comparable in terms of quality and those are already champions league.

I wouldn't be surprised if the 0.2 will be shockingly good and people will run nuts again about the superb quality. But nowadays people want everything now and immediately and if they get it that way and it's not up to the requested standard they will rant and riot like noone warned them beforehand that quality needs time.
wrong turn mate! nobody here object the dev's artistic talents. people talk about his lack of seriousness and the fact he's disrespectful vis-à-vis his supporters not responding to their messages on patreon. we've to admit without no doubt that he has a very childish attitude giving deadlines and never keeps his promises. and now it seems he's a crook according to his translator (check few messages above). Now he promised the next release on the 10 th of this month. who wants to bet that he'll never keep his promise again? and we can say bye bye to your favorite game.
N.B. you forgot to mention "A Wife and Mother" while enumerating the best games.

xXx GAMELOVER

Feb 25, 2018
View attachment 49558

Hello there, I’m

I’m the developer of the game Family Secret.

This is a Visual Novel about a young man who, together with his mother, moves to another city.
A new college, a new home, a new life. And new stories.

I’d like to explain current situation with first ‘episode’ that is currently in public access.
This is a demo. I completely agree that it is too short for a full episode. For this reason I renamed it to ‘Intro’.

Actual First Episode is scheduled for the end of January 2018.

I read every comment on this forum.
Thank you for assistance in making a better game for everyone to enjoy.

Updated: 12 / 20 / 2017
Developer/Publisher:
Censorship: No
Version: 1.1.1
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Game Info:

Download v1.1 Full Version:
Windows: - - -
Mac: - - -

Download v1.1.1 Compressed Version:
Windows
: - - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Both the Full Version and Compressed Version are the same game -only the image file sizes are different!

View attachment 49559 View attachment 49560 View attachment 49561 View attachment 49562 View attachment 49563 View attachment 49564

Please leave a LIKE - if you read or downloaded something you enjoyed!!
Ok so ive played the xmas special, and now downloaded this full PC ver 1.1 game. I have an issue were after getting off the plane and watching the car drive into the new city the game crashes back to mainmenu after the attora screen is part way done. whats the deal is it a genuine game fault or what, please help..

I understand thats the end of episode 1 but whats with the file size?, i mean the xmas special is only 600mb it goes the same length and has bonus xmas dinner with the mom and is a 3rd of the size, whats the deal?

Barioz

Oct 9, 2017
wrong turn mate! nobody here object the dev's artistic talents. people talk about his lack of seriousness and the fact he's disrespectful vis-à-vis his supporters not responding to their messages on patreon. we've to admit without no doubt that he has a very childish attitude giving deadlines and never keeps his promises. and now it seems he's a crook according to his translator (check few messages above). Now he promised the next release on the 10 th of this month. who wants to bet that he'll never keep his promise again? and we can say bye bye to your favorite game.
N.B. you forgot to mention "A Wife and Mother" while enumerating the best games.
As I already said his communication needs to be better, open and transparent. Nonetheless he is not harming anybody as he only get paid when he delivers content. So if he delays releases or postpone without proper addressing he only hurts his own income. You have all the right to criticize him for his lack of communication with his Patreons, but none of us can really judge about his skills making a game.

So what if he delivers the update on the 10th as promised? What if it's good? If you meant this game is my favorite I have to dissappoint you. It's not even in my top 20 or so because I only consider games with a good amount of content to get into that list. Still I'm looking forward to his results as I was impressed by both his 0.1 and Xmas episode.

And regarding the translator: as already said above I don't know what's true or not. Neither I know the dev nor the translator and what happened between them or even if something happened at all. You always have to hear both sides of the story to come to a conclusion and opinion about it.

Reactions: UncleVT

momojean

Sep 15, 2017
As I already said his communication needs to be better, open and transparent. Nonetheless he is not harming anybody as he only get paid when he delivers content. So if he delays releases or postpone without proper addressing he only hurts his own income. You have all the right to criticize him for his lack of communication with his Patreons, but none of us can really judge about his skills making a game.

So what if he delivers the update on the 10th as promised? What if it's good? If you meant this game is my favorite I have to dissappoint you. It's not even in my top 20 or so because I only consider games with a good amount of content to get into that list. Still I'm looking forward to his results as I was impressed by both his 0.1 and Xmas episode.

And regarding the translator: as already said above I don't know what's true or not. Neither I know the dev nor the translator and what happened between them or even if something happened at all. You always have to hear both sides of the story to come to a conclusion and opinion about it.
You can read on the OP "I read every comment on this forum." they are Aorrta words (and I bet he do). which means he knows about the translator allegations. Now he has to say something to defend his reputation. otherwise he can't blame people thinking that he's probably guilty.
Also, when you pledge on an early build of any game, you do because you have a high level of expectations for the whole game...and you are not paying for each update separately. because if people knew that he'll adopt this shitty attitude or maybe abandon the game development at its early build, nobody would have paid a cent. people don't pledge for only a demo. so the fact he gets money only per release don't make him that innocent.

Hyped

Jan 14, 2018
You can read on the OP "I read every comment on this forum." they are Aorrta words (and I bet he do). which means he knows about the translator allegations. Now he has to say something to defend his reputation. otherwise he can't blame people thinking that he's probably guilty.
Also, when you pledge on an early build of any game, you do because you have a high level of expectations for the whole game...and you are not paying for each update separately. because if people knew that he'll adopt this shitty attitude or maybe abandon the game development at its early build, nobody would have paid a cent. people don't pledge for only a demo. so the fact he gets money only per release don't make him that innocent.
He switched to per creation last week. Means he got paid for two months.

Reactions: rodneyeatme
3.00 star(s) 46 Votes