winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
so it insults you personally to say patreon is like a dairy farm? was not aware a generalisation was a personal slander lol

given the level of criteria laid down I doubt many would find any games to fit, especially as I have no idea nor care how much is earned. bringing cost into the issue adds further credence to my comment so not sure how that helps. summertime saga is one that has hand drawn artwork. a zombies life was also the same before nergal quit. academy 34, absolute power, a town uncovered, camp pinewood all have hand drawn art and each update manages to move things along.

lol how easily you tell me to judge less when you fail to curb your own hypocrisy for doing the very same yourself.
I was done with this game already as well as this feed. continue to blame others for your lack of development but I have no further interest.
Not my fault if you can't understand that level of support dedicates how much time and effort can be put into project. They earn more, so they can have bigger team and hire artists full time. Easy as that.
I never blamed anyone nor I care about your interest. Just behave with respect to whoever you are speaking with.

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
I like the story, it has potential and is a miles better than the 100th adaptation of "loser is at home with sis and mom, fuck them all!".
However there's just so many bugs: Paths either end with texts that don't proceed or actions loop indefinitely. It speaks for the story and characters that I still played it three times

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
Not my fault if you can't understand that level of support dedicates how much time and effort can be put into project. They earn more, so they can have bigger team and hire artists full time. Easy as that.
I never blamed anyone nor I care about your interest. Just behave with respect to whoever you are speaking with.
i tried following the walkthrough for sandy and keep getting put on the she orcs route.

Reactions: Balub

jackkane

Engaged Member
Sep 4, 2016
Which route? Romance or MB? You have to mention her to mother and not show interest in any other character.
romance.i ended up betting on the she orc,and then she asked me to free the dwarf,and later on she shows up at my house wanting to go drinking.

winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
romance.i ended up betting on the she orc,and then she asked me to free the dwarf,and later on she shows up at my house wanting to go drinking.
I assume you didn't mention her and instead said you want a harem. You can enter orc route only if you say you want a harem or that you didn't find anyone to your liking yet.

Reactions: jackkane

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
@winterlook I found a bug: When doing the Sandy-route (blue then flower without threesome) Beatrice is still becoming "corrupt" though I declined the red sphere on our midnight stroll.

I was also able to advance past the parts where the text stopped skipping by going into the config-menu, clicking around a bit and then returning.

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
One of my favourite games, don't insult the dev, guys :) Hope he won't have much troubles with all those new patreon shithead community guidlines and will be able to continue the development of his game :)

winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
@winterlook I found a bug: When doing the Sandy-route (blue then flower without threesome) Beatrice is still becoming "corrupt" though I declined the red sphere on our midnight stroll.

I was also able to advance past the parts where the text stopped skipping by going into the config-menu, clicking around a bit and then returning.
Understood.

winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
One of my favourite games, don't insult the dev, guys :) Hope he won't have much troubles with all those new patreon shithead community guidlines and will be able to continue the development of his game :)
If anything happens- I will just use emails to send builds. Or post it on another site like this one, not like it matters much. But I am a little confused why incest is getting targeted. There is "Love ribbon" on Steam for example, and it exists without a trouble there.

Kendra

Apr 10, 2017
If anything happens- I will just use emails to send builds. Or post it on another site like this one, not like it matters much. But I am a little confused why incest is getting targeted. There is "Love ribbon" on Steam for example, and it exists without a trouble there.
Good to know, there are some devs who starts to panic about their financial support by the patreon, migrating to the websites and so on...

Well, maybe Love Ribbon was represented more like those japanese VN, with a less attention on the sexual content(there is somewhere about 5 scenes and only one or two sexual if i remember right) or the fact that it was a time of spam of those shitty 0.0.0.0.1 versions of games with a looser, mom & sis that got too much of the wrong attention of patreon keepers...

While there are some movies like "Close My Eyes" or "Sister my Sister" with no this kind of problems.

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I mean... on Steam lately started to pop-up every kind of game so I don't think that they look too much into the details - incest or not. If the game makes earn them some money, which in fact do, I believe that Valve doesn't care much. Just don't put the game uncensored if it meant to be played in that way, otherwise you're good to go. Heck, they even allowed the "Shark dating simulator" and.. I believe that that title could be easily tagged as bestiality in a certain sense. Even that game that has for a protagonist a "male" that has the head of a human and the body of an horse (maybe this one isn't on Steam... but I remember instead yes) XD

Also there is that game.. Dream Daddy Simulator that is clearly "Yaoi" (just to use a common term. I was too lazy to use the other).

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
So I replayed this game a few times and I'm impressed by the many choices you have, the whole game is very atmospheric! Can't wait to enjoy all the different paths in the next build!

The only thing that kinda put me off was that picture of the capital. I like the graphics of this game, but this looked like it was done with MSpaint AS WELL as looking nothing like a capital. If that really is the same artist doing it (which I doubt) I'd suggest a view of a busy street instead of this overview (maybe changing at least in description when prospering), it just takes away from the imagination to see the full half-assed town with a handful of buildings that looks like I drew them myself (yes, this is kind of an insult, I'm really not an artist).

Oh, but props for Beliar, you have some good taste in games ;D

winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
So I replayed this game a few times and I'm impressed by the many choices you have, the whole game is very atmospheric! Can't wait to enjoy all the different paths in the next build!

The only thing that kinda put me off was that picture of the capital. I like the graphics of this game, but this looked like it was done with MSpaint AS WELL as looking nothing like a capital. If that really is the same artist doing it (which I doubt) I'd suggest a view of a busy street instead of this overview (maybe changing at least in description when prospering), it just takes away from the imagination to see the full half-assed town with a handful of buildings that looks like I drew them myself (yes, this is kind of an insult, I'm really not an artist).

Oh, but props for Beliar, you have some good taste in games ;D
Yes, it is the same artist and yes, I wish myself it was done better. I might consider re commissioning some of the visuals when the game is done, but now I will just use that background as rarely as possible.
Thanks. I enjoy leaving some easter eggs here and there.

Balub

Aug 13, 2017
@winterlook Hm, how about commissioning a busy street with big houses and shapes of people instead? Similar to the marketplace in the village (which looked bigger than the capital). I like the artstyle, but your artist seems way more comfortable with close-ups instead of wideshots, so a picture from within the city might look way better. Don't be afraid to send stuff back if it seems half-assed, but also give kudos for work well done. It'll help in motivating him while setting a certain standard to your game.
Anyways, keep it up!

Oh btw, is it possible to see the black elf in her cute redhead form? That one honestly does it more for me than her "real" body.

winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
@winterlook Hm, how about commissioning a busy street with big houses and shapes of people instead? Similar to the marketplace in the village (which looked bigger than the capital). I like the artstyle, but your artist seems way more comfortable with close-ups instead of wideshots, so a picture from within the city might look way better. Don't be afraid to send stuff back if it seems half-assed, but also give kudos for work well done. It'll help in motivating him while setting a certain standard to your game.
Anyways, keep it up!

Oh btw, is it possible to see the black elf in her cute redhead form? That one honestly does it more for me than her "real" body.
No, otherwise it won't be Drow. Maybe, just maybe, in the far future when she is alright with you making requests and taking charge.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
@winterlook

Hey mate, luv your game so far even if the engine is buggy but do you plan to improve or replace the current art of some characters because they look downright atrocious and unattractive (I mean the Dwarf girl... and maybe the Orc, but she looks alright a bit I guess in some scenes)? I mean no offense to the game, but this is just a criticism, and their look is a huge turnoff (but that just may be me).

winterlook

Game Developer
Nov 23, 2016
@winterlook

Hey mate, luv your game so far even if the engine is buggy but do you plan to improve or replace the current art of some characters because they look downright atrocious and unattractive (I mean the Dwarf girl... and maybe the Orc, but she looks alright a bit I guess in some scenes)? I mean no offense to the game, but this is just a criticism, and their look is a huge turnoff (but that just may be me).
I assume you mean character sprites, and not scenes. I would prefer that scene artist did sprites as well, but it will take ages and fortune to arrange. Not sure if it deserves to be called atrocious though, just semi realistic style.

Xypher

May 1, 2017
I assume you mean character sprites, and not scenes. I would prefer that scene artist did sprites as well, but it will take ages and fortune to arrange. Not sure if it deserves to be called atrocious though, just semi realistic style.
Yeah I mean sprites, also wasn't trying to be harsh just saying that some sprites are plain ugly.

Ramington

Feb 11, 2018
I got my hands on an older version of TFOI and really enjoyed the branching story with the choices, characters (apart from the female dwarf perhaps ::|:) and complexity... despite the typos and occasionally inconsistent art.

Thank you very much for this update.
Would love to try similar games from the management genre where several characters are available. I'm new to this forum and haven't noticed any tags for the genres (not interested in the JRPG format for example), but will search through the threads if that's the only viable way.

4.10 star(s) 83 Votes