Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
bald pubes R a very very modern thing;
For most of history---even 300 years ago (to say nothing of "ancient" history!) women had natural pussies.
Anything else isn't accurate or realistic.

always funny to see ancient stories w modern clothes & bodies...
[no Electric! everything washed by hand; everything *MADE* by hand, even a *HOT BATH* was a big deal! ]
1680537863043.png

1680537994528.png

There are stories about ancient Egyptians and Romans shaving their pubes, even plucking them. However, due to the subject and how far we're talking about, there's no clear proof either way. The pictures above do seem to indicate no bush in that area though, so I'm quite inclined to believe it was a thing since at least back then. Nobody seem to be certain, if it is indeed correct, whether it was for health reasons (lice?) or beauty however.

Reactions: Vanderer

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
View attachment 2517589

View attachment 2517596

There are stories about ancient Egyptians and Romans shaving their pubes, even plucking them. However, due to the subject and how far we're talking about, there's no clear proof either way. The pictures above do seem to indicate no bush in that area though, so I'm quite inclined to believe it was a thing since at least back then. Nobody seem to be certain, if it is indeed correct, whether it was for health reasons (lice?) or beauty however.

To be fair, these pictures also seem to indicate that people back then had no nipples...

Joking aside, from what I remember of my Egyptian history, it was done for medical reasons, lice being a big one, but the desert heat + sand has a whole list of rashes and issues that are related to 'sweaty bits'. Also (primarily with women) it was done for sex appeal, while men sometimes removed hair to reduce 'places to grab' in a fight. Though I believe the second picture (the three then two guys) is referring to marriage preparation or at least sexual encounter preparation.

As to this game, I gave it a try.

I knew fully what type of content it had as the Dev was transparent about that (thanks for being so DEV)

While I appreciate the Dev being honest, I personally cannot get past the NTR type stuff (which I personally view as being genderless) even though it is 'mostly' avoidable/skippable. I say avoidable & skippable because, from my playthrough and the choices given (granted there were not that many), it seemed like the intent was for some to be avoidable, while some will just be skippable (happens but the player doesn't see it / its off-screen).

From an overall design and efficiency point of view, I do question how effective a measure it is to make *some* skip/avoid, not as a criticism to including this content, like I said, I knew what it had when I tried the game.

I question the *some* as a practical thing. Most all people who are 'ok' with the lesbian relationship/ntr/sharing/open relationship... whatever label you want to give it, most of the people who are ok with it, will be fine with more of it, so you don't need a skip/avoid function for them.

Most of the people who are against it are going to have issues regardless of limiting/reduction methods, the "1 instance is enough" kind of mindset. In this case, the inclusion of unavoidable content of this kind (however small in number of scenes) is going to have those people 'ignore button' and move on.

As it seems like the Dev is intent on having the Lesbian relationship/ntr/sharing/whatever (the Label one ascribes to it isn't really my point), as the Dev seems intent on having this content, may as well just focus on the story, and accept that a certain number of the "harem" and "Only MC" players are going to ignore the game.

One could even argue that it would be overall better for the Dev, as putting in Notes like "no sharing", "no ntr", "avoidable", ect. These kinds of things in the Dev notes will give the 'harem' and 'Only MC' kind of players a sense of false (to them) hope that the game is 'for them' when it clearly was never designed to be.

My point isn't to rail on your game Vanderer I hope my comments don't seem like raging or anything except constructive. I genuinely think that you could drop the whole skip/avoid choices, save yourself the extra development cycles AND have fewer people sticking around and shitstorming about 'false choices' 'untrustworthiness' etc

In any regard, while this game isn't for me, I wish you the best.

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
I don't take it badly, Hobobob, you are polite and not foaming at the mouth like some.

Why the choice? At first, I did not intend to give one. But, some players rather not see it, so I added it to be able to skip because it actually does not involve more dev time, just a variable and a couple if/or.

Why not skip everything? Well, you did not have to see more than a handful of kisses if you take the choice to skip most of it (bar thresomes/foursomes/evenmoresomes). But there is a couple in a same-sex relationship that is in the VN and if I skip them, then the work I will have to do will be bigger, having to rewrite whole sections of the script, and render them. And I like those characters very much, and I want to have them included in the VN.

And I will be honest: while you are polite and reasonable, a lot of people who complain about that part of the VN are not. When people insult me, are a pain in the ass, or tell me to get bent and fucked when I was nothing but honest about what's in the game, I do not bend to those demands, it's a question of principle. And while after working several years in a customer service job those people cannot really do more than annoy me a little, knowing that they are raging makes me all warm inside. :D

And most importantly, I don't want those people as my player base. Do I miss on other more reasonable players? Yes. But, you know, it is my VN, and I make it the way I fucking want. They are not entitled to dictate the story I want to tell. In my book, people are entitled to have the promises I made at the start of the VN fulfilled, and I have done that and will continue to do so.

It is petty? Perhaps a little. But I am pigheaded when it comes to those things. En tant que Francais, si je ne me trompe pas sur ta nationalité, je pense que tu comprend ça...;)

DMon1981

Jul 19, 2019
I don't take it badly, Hobobob, you are polite and not foaming at the mouth like some.

Why the choice? At first, I did not intend to give one. But, some players rather not see it, so I added it to be able to skip because it actually does not involve more dev time, just a variable and a couple if/or.

Why not skip everything? Well, you did not have to see more than a handful of kisses if you take the choice to skip most of it (bar thresomes/foursomes/evenmoresomes). But there is a couple in a same-sex relationship that is in the VN and if I skip them, then the work I will have to do will be bigger, having to rewrite whole sections of the script, and render them. And I like those characters very much, and I want to have them included in the VN.

And I will be honest: while you are polite and reasonable, a lot of people who complain about that part of the VN are not. When people insult me, are a pain in the ass, or tell me to get bent and fucked when I was nothing but honest about what's in the game, I do not bend to those demands, it's a question of principle. And while after working several years in a customer service job those people cannot really do more than annoy me a little, knowing that they are raging makes me all warm inside. :D

And most importantly, I don't want those people as my player base. Do I miss on other more reasonable players? Yes. But, you know, it is my VN, and I make it the way I fucking want. They are not entitled to dictate the story I want to tell. In my book, people are entitled to have the promises I made at the start of the VN fulfilled, and I have done that and will continue to do so.

It is petty? Perhaps a little. But I am pigheaded when it comes to those things. En tant que Francais, si je ne me trompe pas sur ta nationalité, je pense que tu comprend ça...;)
Very well said.(y)

Loving the game so far. Keep up the good work.

Glad to see how you view the haters, no need to vent their spleens to try to make you change your work. If they think it is so bad they have the option to not play and delete.

RikiTikiTavi77

Aug 26, 2022
So far I've been nothing but thrilled by the game. Although the main character kinda makes me think he's a young Vigo from Ghostbusters 2...

If anything I want my Kes, and a couple of the girls from the Festival made me want to pick them up rather than see Celeste again.

I actually really enjoy all the characters though and I think there's a lot of depth here. It's a good story to tell, belongs to the writer, and I enjoy the ride. Hope the new chapter is out soon.

RikiTikiTavi77

Aug 26, 2022
Yeah...I kinda see it.

Thanks for you kind words. :)
No worries, one of the best main characters I've been able to play. Strong without being a douche. Too many folks equate being a badass with being a selfish dick on their way to a power fantasy. It's refreshing to have strong characters who still feel responsible to others and can share caring and concern. The family aspect sets the story apart and I enjoy the idea of actually heading a strong family rather than just accumulating my favorite sex toys.

MegaFuta

Nov 2, 2022
View attachment 2136051

Overview:
It is a fantasy story about a young mage being released into the world after his long, isolated schooling, a world under a Curse that makes most babies be born female.
Follow him as he goes on adventures, fights, forms relationships, has sex, and makes lots of babies.
Thread Updated: 2023-04-02
Release Date: 2023-03-19
Developer: Vander
Censored: No
Version: Update 5b
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN -
Others: COMPRESSED* - ANDROID* - Update Only*

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 2117535 View attachment 2205289 View attachment 2205288 View attachment 2118283 View attachment 2118284 View attachment 2117538 View attachment 2118277
View attachment 2118286 View attachment 2117532 View attachment 2118282 View attachment 2118279 View attachment 2117541 View attachment 2118280 View attachment 2205290
completely rubbish

• Thinking Face
Reactions: darlic

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
Use the compressed version if that's too big.
The next update will be smaller, I changed the compression of the renders for the first days to bring it to the same level of the last updates.

I gained a few hundred Mo and the difference is minimal.

Reactions: darlic

sserobinsse

Sep 6, 2017
sorry if this has been reported but when Erika talks to Karla about her sword it is not Karla that is answering (name and color/colour is of Monica not Karla ) just so the dev knows iam playing on the latest version that is released here i have tried to take a screen shoot of it so i can show it more easily but i have failed so i have uploaded a save showing it will try to look for more "bugs" when i play but i not sure i will be able to notice all of them

Reactions: Vanderer

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
sorry if this has been reported but when Erika talks to Karla about her sword it is not Karla that is answering (name and color/colour is of Monica not Karla ) just so the dev knows iam playing on the latest version that is released here i have tried to take a screen shoot of it so i can show it more easily but i have failed so i have uploaded a save showing it will try to look for more "bugs" when i play but i not sure i will be able to notice all of them

Thanks for the report.

It will be corrected in the seventh update since update 6 is already out for patrons.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: gojira667

sserobinsse

Sep 6, 2017
Thanks for the report.

It will be corrected in the seventh update since update 6 is already out for patrons.
i discover other one at other scene later when Monica ask roger* if he want to eat something because it close to lunchtime but again is not roger* that is answering it is other guy the lord Ath* (something)

and again will report/write if i found any more but again can not promise i will caught all of them some i my miss or forgets about them due to time of the "day" or if i need to go and do some other stuff

Vanderer

Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
i discover other one at other scene later when Monica ask roger* if he want to eat something because it close to lunchtime but again is not roger* that is answering it is other guy the lord Ath* (something)

and again will report/write if i found any more but again can not promise i will caught all of them some i my miss or forgets about them due to time of the "day" or if i need to go and do some other stuff
Corrected too, thank you.

And I understand perfectly, after all I make the VN and I miss a ton of them! :D

Still, it is always appreciated.

Jan 21, 2022
Barely playing the latest update and I honestly forgot who half of the characters were for a bit but they were memorable enough that I caught up. Just wanted to praise how alive the world feels and I really appreciate the effort put into that. The world feels deep enough to be invested in but not overly complex and convoluted so that it's easy to understand.

4.40 star(s) 51 Votes