menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Well, you can always use the cheat menu to lower confidence that way. Or do you mean role playing choices to keep it low?

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Ok, that makes sense. I think that would be a nice path to build upon in this game. At times I like to play the more shy, innocent type. Could be nice to have more options to reflect that sort of personality for the main character.

Like you though I am not sure that's what the author of this game was aiming for with his concept of what the MC should be.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
What we meant was more the 'possibility' of having choices\paths for a character with low confidence. Which is pretty interesting in my PoV, but maybe it doesn't fit the game Sam has in mind so feel free to ignore me :p
It does fit, but I saw it more as a punishment for when bad things happen and didn't really consider it a playstyle someone would purposely want. More like a temporary state of mind while Sammy recovers from whatever caused it. Events and dialogue are/will be written for this so I don't see any harm in making it a possible permanent playstyle if a player wants.

Sammy kind of already does have a fixed personality so some outcomes just wouldn't fit, but also has what I suppose you could consider "states". Much like you or I have, if we are having a really shitty day we will react to a situation differently than if we were having a good day. Confidence in the game is also like that so we still have the same Sammy, just much less willing to do daring things and more open to being coerced/bullied.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
It does fit, but I saw it more as a punishment for when bad things happen and didn't really consider it a playstyle someone would purposely want. More like a temporary state of mind while Sammy recovers from whatever caused it. Events and dialogue are/will be written for this so I don't see any harm in making it a possible permanent playstyle if a player wants.

Sammy kind of already does have a fixed personality so some outcomes just wouldn't fit, but also has what I suppose you could consider "states". Much like you or I have, if we are having a really shitty day we will react to a situation differently than if we were having a good day. Confidence in the game is also like that so we still have the same Sammy, just much less willing to do daring things and more open to being coerced/bullied.
Nice, I hope there won't be too much work into balancing things out (to support that kind of playstyle in a more permanent way)

As a side note, I think a lot of people would like this kind of variety because roleplay a different character (weak vs strong) and see the game react to it is really fantastic to see.
Then there's personal taste, the same way IRL a man can be more attracted to a woman with a stronger\weaker character.

Keep up with the good work, the more I read about your project the more I think my support will be permanent :p

Reactions: luvhentai

Shtradha

Apr 12, 2018
I don't suppose 2.28 will go public anytime soon? The teaser text you put in there with the haven location in 2.27 is very nice, as are the pictures you've shown of 2.28.

TerumiNin

Jan 9, 2019
How do I change the character's name? Is it possible through the console? I went with quick start so think I missed it? Also I had to restart because none of my saves worked, not sure if that was intended.

Also I can't figure out how to trigger any shenigans in the maitence room nor can I get her to pass out while blackout drunk. (Assuming that's the swirls around her head?)

Last edited:

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
OP says "Need to start a new game." Is this true for version 0.2.29.0 if we have a v0.2.27.2 save?

Dole

Well-Known Karen
Apr 28, 2017
Bug 0.2.29.0

Fitness 33 you train a lot at home and go down to 32 (when you use swimming it goes up without problems)

Last edited:

Syswick

Aug 17, 2018
Wow!
The new Haven episode is very impressive.
Rather dark and grim and frightning with lots of encounters.
While I played it for the first time, it went very traumatic for poor Sammy ... I think I decided everything wrong for her.
Went to haven the second time and avoided some actions she got throug it fast and almost unharmed.
So I ask myself how to get the other three endings, and what else there is to discover.
Great work!
If the rest of the game gets these dense atmosphere and multiple content to discover things it will get superiour!

Reactions: AlexDark1027

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Agreed. Loved the Haven branch. Definitely got a feel of how scary and intimidating being in such an environment. Nice use of story and visuals to do that. I think I managed to get 4 of the endings. Will play some more later to see if I can discover anything else. Hopefully my poor Sammy is up to it. ;)

Great work. No bugs that I could see. Though at the start of the mission, there were a couple of lines that looked out of place when getting the mission from Dr. Tucker. A couple of lines about a wife having suspicions of having an affair with the secretary. As well as wearing her mistress' clothing or something. But that was about it. Definitely will look forward to future updates.

Goblin Slayer

Aug 4, 2017
Sam_Tail WOW, I just have to say she is TOO HOT on her goth outfit, you really nailed it. You should defenitely add some of those goth sam pictures into the main post (the one with the download links, changelog, etc). Im sure that showing this new desing will attract even more people to try your great game.

the fixer.png

So far I love the new update, it gave the game a touch it needed, keep the good work :)

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: rKnight
3.90 star(s) 55 Votes