Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
I'm glad to see this game is improving. I bet it would be real good to add some story related business later with required money spending, because right now you can easily farm tons of cash in pub and after buying all outfits there is nothing to do. Maybe adding prostitutes into business and etc.
There is so many ways.
Yeah the economy has always been an issue. I had been putting it off until the landlord and inventory gets put in which will be the next update. So can also expect an economy rebalance as well.

View attachment 1856625
I am waiting, but after it gets dark, boys are unaviliable. Is this a bug caused by old saves?
The soccer boys leave at 2am but it get's dark around 8pm, so you should have plenty of time to fool around with them.

ChesseKun

Nov 1, 2019
Considered weekend events in the pub where the troupe will dance for customers while scanty clad, with a possible option of doing private shows with less clothing in a VIP area.

As for an actual strip club though, I am trying to make sure the work events are located in fewer areas with lots of content as opposed to spreading it thin across many locations. So doubt I will have a strip club
As part of the Pub would be fine. I was thinking about doing it at the motel but the Pub is actually better.

1) Right now the outfits need to be set in a proper wardrobe like at home. When you quick change on the street, you will just change into outfits you have previously set in the wardrobe. I am debating what to do with places like the school locker rooms if I should have the full wardrobe available there or just have places like that be a safe place to change into your already set outfits. We will see.

The changing in the park before sports will jump to the same quick-change event and come with the same risks. But unlike currently, it will have events associated with it so things can go wrong.

2) Currently the beach needs to have a bikini/swimsuit. You won't be allowed into the location without one (Sammy will complain about getting sand everywhere). To enter the beach you pass through a shower/locker room first and have to change. Like with the school lockers, I am not sure if this location will be a full wardrobe or just a safe quick-change location.
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating — and it gets everywhere.
I will be severely disappointed if she doesn't drop that line.:whistle:
You said that the inventory will come with the next update. So for quick change maybe limit it to clothes in your inventory. But it would depend on how the inventory will work. Unlimited bag of holding or something that Sammy will have to actually carry even if not necessarily visible. With a space and or weight limit. And we definitely need some form of a money sink. Rent is a good start. what about food? right now it seems to mostly be free. Maybe some buyable snacks Sammy could put in her inventory.

Sam_Tail

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2020
Putting clothes in your inventory would be unnecessary micro management and more work for me. I will just assume Sammy had whatever outfit she wants to change into in her rucksack already. The goal is to make it easy and convenient so the player uses the function often and encounters the events. If I put barriers up like needing to put it in the inventory, players might just go home to change instead.

Inventory will probably act as unlimited bag of holding. But there won't be too much to carry around with her. Will mostly be spare beers, morning after pills, cigarettes and any other drugs I introduce as well as.otjer bits and bobs. She won't be carrying round a washing machine in her pocket.

Food will be a small money sink. You encounter the events at school and the park right now but I will expand on them more for all locations. If Sammy is hungry she will trigger a food event and go buy something to eat. If she can't afford it she will get upset and take a mood hit.

Any snacks though will probably be something like an energy drink to boost tired or a choc to boost mood. Though can work with hunger as well.

Hunger as it's designed is not really meant to be a stat you need to manage, but just something to trigger food related events.

jonasjoao

Sep 25, 2017
Considered weekend events in the pub where the troupe will dance for customers while scanty clad, with a possible option of doing private shows with less clothing in a vip area.

As for an actual strip club though, I am trying to make sure the work events are located in fewer areas with lots of content as opposed to spreading it thin across many locations. So doubt I will have a strip club
I second the idea of having Sammy work as a stripper, even if reluctantly so. Private dance sound fine and all, but there's also some appeal to public dances e.g. she gets excited on stage and end ups taking it off etc etc. Seems pretty fun imo.

Oh also, congrats on the game so far. Been definitely enjoying it and will consider supporting. Thanks!

Reactions: rb813

Arcachnar

Sep 14, 2021
As far I can remember (I cannot check on the computer at this moment....sorry) when you (Sammy) wins the bet and one of the boys will "punish" you when they are horny. (more likely when you showered with them, drunk and/or horny Sammy) You will then get the choice to stop, anal or vaginal sex.

Could it be that you are max drunk/horny? I think you will get no choice then.

Aaron Bursar

Jul 1, 2018
As far I can remember (I cannot check on the computer at this moment....sorry) when you (Sammy) wins the bet and one of the boys will "punish" you when they are horny. (more likely when you showered with them, drunk and/or horny Sammy) You will then get the choice to stop, anal or vaginal sex.

Could it be that you are max drunk/horny? I think you will get no choice then.
I hope the dev introduces a painal variant of that. Painal seems to make sense in the context of punishment.

Arcachnar

Sep 14, 2021
Well....it is not that kind of a punishment. More like "You won! She driving me crazy....oh come here and have sex" if you know what I mean.

Druaka

Feb 28, 2020
I used to skip school (and then cheat hygiene so it wouldn't get washed off at work either) to keep the writing on longer, until I finally just modified the script so that writing would only wash off in the home shower (because that never happens as a forced event, so it will always be my choice whether to remove writing or not).
Any chance you can post the changed script or explain how to make that change?

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Any chance you can post the changed script or explain how to make that change?
Sure, it's a real easy fix. I've attached the modified script, but just to record it for posterity in case people want to modify it again with later versions, here's how it works. You go to game\scripts\core\functions\player_class.rpy, and search for the lines that say "writing.all(0)." That's the line that causes the body writing to be removed. For the one that's under "wash(self)," just delete it, and then washing up without taking a full shower won't ever erase body writing. For the one under "shower(self)", insert another line above writing.all(0) which says, if loc_to == "bathroom": (and then indent the writing.all line, or else the script won't know it's conditional on that if statement). The "bathroom" location specifically points to the bathroom inside the MC's home, not just any bathroom. So if you take a shower at school (or in Haven or whatever), the condition will return false, and the writing.all line will not be triggered.

(The attached file was modified from the 2.40 version; I tested it once to make sure it works, but haven't played this version extensively yet.)

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Oh wait, I just remembered that the scripts are archived in the new version. Do you know how to use unren?

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
While I'm at it, here's a one-line change to another script which allows you to access the renpy "console" with Shift-0 (zero). It's like the cheat menu but even more powerful if you know how to use it, because you can just jump to scenes or changes variables directly. Like, with the body writing, you can just type writing.all(0) into the console and press enter, and all the writing will go away without needing to take a shower at all (or you can add writing, and a lot of other stuff too).

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
No, never used it before.
Okay, it's not too difficult. Just download it here, then copy unren.bat into The Fixer's game folder, which should have files like "scripts.rpa." Unren doesn't give you the option to input a path or directory, it just works wherever it is, so you have to copy it into the place where the archives are. Once you've done that, open unren.bat and select option 1 (or 9, if you want to; I think option 3 does the same thing as the second script I attached). If it works, then you'll see a bunch of extra scripts and folders, after which you can go to game\scripts\core\functions\ and replace player_class.rpy with my modified version.

Reactions: corndoggg

rb813

Aug 28, 2018
Actually, I'm kinda curious about whether it would work if you just dropped my modified script in the game folder without unpacking the scripts and overwriting the original. Might create a conflict or something. Try it if you want to, for science.

3.90 star(s) 55 Votes