Penitensary

May 10, 2020
I think the first time I tried The Fixer, a dev build had been linked on the main post here on F95 and it seemed like just about every other thing I tried to do or look at was broken. It's undoubtedly better for the dev builds to not be listed as the main download in the original post here if good first impressions are the goal, which I think they should be for any new players.
That they are, but people (myself included) can get giddy watching numbers go up. Stable is nice, satisfying your curiosity however... :p

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
That they are, but people (myself included) can get giddy watching numbers go up. Stable is nice, satisfying your curiosity however... :p
I mean, asking a piracy site to not be a piracy site for one special game please isn't going to happen (even if it's also de-facto the only major english-speaking community for adult games), but just keeping the last stable build listed alongside the latest leaked dev build (ideally labelled as such) would be nice. So many people use the usual "hide a better version behind patreon" model, and so many devs use "this is in beta/this is a dev build, plz no be mean uwu" as an excuse throughout development, that I don't think there's really another way to get through to people that no, the dev builds that leak here aren't representative of what the dev's trying to push.

Feb 27, 2018
I think the first time I tried The Fixer, a dev build had been linked on the main post here on F95 and it seemed like just about every other thing I tried to do or look at was broken. It's undoubtedly better for the dev builds to not be listed as the main download in the original post here if good first impressions are the goal, which I think they should be for any new players.
I think that linking to unstable dev builds is just an understandable mistake on the part of the OP/F95zone uploader. Including things like "unstable debugging build" in the file or folder name when uploading it somewhere would probably do a lot to reduce the chances that some F95zone uploader who probably keeps track of dozens of games at a time would accidentally just take a build that gets linked in a thread they are in charge of and put it in the OP without checking if it's a stable release. I mean how many smut game devs are actually as conscientious as Sam_Tail is about bug testing? I think that usually if 7767 sees a link to a more recent build in the game's thread, they can probably assume it's just the latest stable version, or as stable as most of these games get, for most of the games that they keep track of.

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
I mean, asking a piracy site to not be a piracy site for one special game please isn't going to happen (even if it's also de-facto the only major english-speaking community for adult games), but just keeping the last stable build listed alongside the latest leaked dev build (ideally labelled as such) would be nice. So many people use the usual "hide a better version behind patreon" model, and so many devs use "this is in beta/this is a dev build, plz no be mean uwu" as an excuse throughout development, that I don't think there's really another way to get through to people that no, the dev builds that leak here aren't representative of what the dev's trying to push.
Honestly yes, that would be an ideal solution. Might be worth submitting a mod ticket for.

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Honestly though, while that would be a reasonable alternative... it would turn half the new posts in the thread into variations of 'hi whats the difference between the versions' and 'which one should i get?' along with twice the changelogs every single update.

I... do not think that will be a benefit to the thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Xakorik

Beggarman

Jan 14, 2018
Honestly though, while that would be a reasonable alternative... it would turn half the new posts in the thread into variations of 'hi whats the difference between the versions' and 'which one should i get?' along with twice the changelogs every single update.

I... do not think that will be a benefit to the thread.
Frankly, I feel like those reasons are pretty weak. Most of those questions get asked anyway, and all are either the result of people not reading patch notes, or the leaker not bothering to include the patch notes.

As for the patch notes being long - Just put them in different quotes? Omit them, or just point out they're available elsewhere. Forgo archiving the stable version entirely, and put up a message saying that these are leaked in-development builds - like the site (used to?) do for some devs, where they said (to paraphrase) "We're still participating here despite the piracy, please support us on Patreon or whatever". Could think of a bunch of ways around it.

Honestly yes, that would be an ideal solution. Might be worth submitting a mod ticket for.
I'm doubtful this will happen, as chatter from other threads says they don't do archival versions (even for stuff where content has diverged somewhat significantly - even though I've seen some topics today that have, for example, fan-translations kept listed alongside official kagura ones that came later). But that it might be being looked into as a wider feature or something.

Squark ⚧❤️

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 16, 2017
As for the patch notes being long - Just put them in different quotes?
Nested Spoilers are a better method than simply omitting them. And they keep things tidy.
I'm more than happy to wait for a stable version that works rather than a buggy dev build that is being run through by testers to catch and iron out most of said bugs.

Reactions: Beggarman

HikkiG

Dec 12, 2020
Frankly, I feel like those reasons are pretty weak. Most of those questions get asked anyway, and all are either the result of people not reading patch notes, or the leaker not bothering to include the patch notes.

As for the patch notes being long - Just put them in different quotes? Omit them, or just point out they're available elsewhere. Forgo archiving the stable version entirely, and put up a message saying that these are leaked in-development builds - like the site (used to?) do for some devs, where they said (to paraphrase) "We're still participating here despite the piracy, please support us on Patreon or whatever". Could think of a bunch of ways around it.

I'm doubtful this will happen, as chatter from other threads says they don't do archival versions (even for stuff where content has diverged somewhat significantly - even though I've seen some topics today that have, for example, fan-translations kept listed alongside official kagura ones that came later). But that it might be being looked into as a wider feature or something.
I mean some threads do have seperated versions in the OP, including stable and unstable for some games, so feels weird to hear that BUT I have seen moderators comment on not doing it and having no plans for such archival as well. So I dunno.

Essta

Sep 12, 2023
Gifts for NPC leading to anything?
Its a bit obtuse but for some quests you need to do that, and some particular gifts to the right person cause or pervent certain story beats. Most inutive maybe being that you can gift a female npc birth control and they'll actually use it. But then theres some that are a bit spoilery-

jonnyl8r

Jun 3, 2018
Poor Sammy got drunk and passed out and ganged. She is now stuck with a ball gag and blindfold. How do you remove them?

Darkreptile

Apr 30, 2022
Its a bit obtuse but for some quests you need to do that, and some particular gifts to the right person cause or pervent certain story beats. Most inutive maybe being that you can gift a female npc birth control and they'll actually use it. But then theres some that are a bit spoilery-
So in this version it is possible to do some quests with npc too? exept hospital line i mean

EmptyBottle

Jan 14, 2019
Newest change logs mention exhibitionist events with Rachel, but the school locks at night. How do we find her in the gym after hours? or does she hang out other places after school?

3.90 star(s) 58 Votes