Ren'Py Abandoned The Fox Goddess's Village Rework [v0.13a] [Master Hyo]

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
While in the kitchen in the evening, the MC can hear Kiho is humming "in the living room to the right". However, when I click the right arrow, I see the living room but I don't see Kiho. Anyone figure this out?
Master Hyo, I haven't looked at the code or anything, but I think I've determined the problem here.

You can only have the encounter I mentioned above with Kiho in the morning, but in the later times of the day the game still tells you that the MC hears her singing. So the error (I believe) is the code that says the MC can hear her singing. That also should only be seen if the MC is in the Kitchen in the morning.

Oh, and just so that you know for the future, I believe the word you want to use in the conversation with Kiho is hierarchy / hierarchies — I honestly at first thought the MC was using a Japanese term, and I was curious what it was. But when I read further in the dialogue, I'm pretty sure hierarchy is the concept being used there. (By the way, I wouldn't worry that the words were misspelled before; that is why I'm letting you know now. I would also mention that there are plenty of native-English speakers who can't spell them correctly. :) )

Last edited:

Limura

Mar 9, 2019
The 'Skip Unseen Text' doesn't seem to work, anything else to enable it? (yes it is ticked in the preferences)

Hyohyo

Mar 3, 2019
The 'Skip Unseen Text' doesn't seem to work, anything else to enable it? (yes it is ticked in the preferences)
It doesn't work cause enabling breaks the game due to the way my stupid ass programmed it.

Hyohyo

Mar 3, 2019
Master Hyo, I haven't looked at the code or anything, but I think I've determined the problem here.

You can only have the encounter I mentioned above with Kiho in the morning, but in the later times of the day the game still tells you that the MC hears her singing. So the error (I believe) is the code that says the MC can hear her singing. That also should only be seen if the MC is in the Kitchen in the morning.

Oh, and just so that you know for the future, I believe the word you want to use in the conversation with Kiho is hierarchy / hierarchies — I honestly at first thought the MC was using a Japanese term, and I was curious what it was. But when I read further in the dialogue, I'm pretty sure hierarchy is the concept being used there. (By the way, I wouldn't worry that the words were misspelled before; that is why I'm letting you know now. I would also mention that there are plenty of native-English speakers who can't spell them correctly. :) )
Thanks man. I have tried to fix the kiho bug. As for hierarchies.... well that's just English being a bitch and having stupid pronunciations/ writings. Sadly code doesn't have a proofreading function. Thanks again tho

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Nope, that's the whole point of the game, there will be a difference if severity tho, depending on what you choose to do.
Thanks for the reply

BDSM and domination dislike me a lot (however mild it may be) so I guess I'll find another game.

Good luck and thanks for sharing the game.

Lambanomai

Oct 9, 2019
I have a problem, the game keeps sending me back to the main menue, I'm basically stuck. Is it a common thing? Is there a way to fix it? (I have the compressed version if it's relevant...)

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I have a problem, the game keeps sending me back to the main menue, I'm basically stuck. Is it a common thing? Is there a way to fix it? (I have the compressed version if it's relevant...)
I have primarily seen this issue when you trying clicking something in the bar along the top. (I am not using a compressed version, BTW.) I haven't tried to isolate exactly when it happens, but I think it's tied to the relationships display. I seem to remember opening that (to check a girl's lewdness, etc.), closing it (after I finished seeing what I wanted), and then trying to click something like Skip Time.

Again, I haven't confirmed this is the exact circumstance, but I think it's something along those lines. As a workaround for now, I would save before using the top bar at all. Then, if it crashed, I'd just reload right before I had opened that. There's definitely something crashing the game there, which is why you're booted back to the main menu.

oceanbobo4

Feb 12, 2021
This update ends with Kiho taking off her sweater in the kitchen? I think nothing farther happens this update?

Her door remains locked on Saturdays.

And there are no more hints for Kiho; so, I think that's the end.

We talked about the elephant in the room. Then she sat on my lap in the kitchen; then took off her sweater in the kitchen.

Is there more than this for this update? Am I missing something?

• Thinking Face

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
This update ends with Kiho taking off her sweater in the kitchen? I think nothing farther happens this update?

Her door remains locked on Saturdays.

And there are no more hints for Kiho; so, I think that's the end.

We talked about the elephant in the room. Then she sat on my lap in the kitchen; then took off her sweater in the kitchen.

Is there more than this for this update? Am I missing something?
Yes, you're missing more, although it's not obvious at first. Kiho (and also Mei, BTW) are both embarrassed by a ceremony that happens every Saturday, where all the women in the village go around more or less naked the whole day. They're locked in their rooms b/c they are not used to it exactly and they don't feel comfortable enough around the MC yet.

You'll want to talk with Tomo and she'll explain the tradition. IIRC I think you go to the temple via your map, either in the morning or afternoon, and run into her there. If you try that and you don't find her near the temple, then try her home instead (but I'm pretty sure it's at the temple, so definitely try that first). I would assume it eventually changes, but for now I believe they both lock themselves away all day Saturday, every week.

Reactions: oceanbobo4

Hyohyo

Mar 3, 2019
This error usually occurs when you load a save and immediately use the gui. (the top bar commands) It happens because of the way I programmed the buttons (as usual, I am a noob, if anyone has a grasp on renpy pls help). The easiest way to avoid it, is just clicking to another room first before doing it as the bug is related to the program returning you to the last label of the programm.

Reactions: Lambanomai

Lambanomai

Oct 9, 2019
This error usually occurs when you load a save and immediately use the gui. (the top bar commands) It happens because of the way I programmed the buttons (as usual, I am a noob, if anyone has a grasp on renpy pls help). The easiest way to avoid it, is just clicking to another room first before doing it as the bug is related to the program returning you to the last label of the programm.
Thanks! What if I'm in a street, where I have no room to go to without the GUI? is the save file lost? Guess I'll have to save more frequently.

Hyohyo

Mar 3, 2019
Thanks! What if I'm in a street, where I have no room to go to without the GUI? is the save file lost? Guess I'll have to save more frequently.
Nope, just clicking on a new location and switching between them should work just fine. Just don't use the gui controls repeatedly.

• Thinking Face

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Nope, just clicking on a new location and switching between them should work just fine. Just don't use the gui controls repeatedly.
Right, but I think what they were saying is that when they're on the street, they don't have any way to go somewhere else unless they use the GUI controls. Is this wrong? I don't remember seeing a way back to the house from the street, but I might have missed it.

Reactions: Lambanomai

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
this is an unofficial android port The Fox Goddess's Village Rework [v0.11] APK -

3.50 star(s) 6 Votes