Dontforget666

Sep 6, 2023
"...started with Lust Epidemic, continued in Treasure of Nadia and will now start a new chapter later in 2021 alongside the ending of Treasure of Nadia."

Oh jeeze, do I have to play through two games to understand what is even going on in this one?
I already got bored with Lust Epidemic because it was 95% walking around pointlessly, I really don't think I can do that again...and again.
Seriously, it feels like Disney/Marvel learned from this guy how to make everything feel tedious.
Does this game play the same as LE?
Because if so, that's an automatic hard pass just for the sake of my time since I don't want to waste literal days just walking around a map with a MC as dumb as bricks.
It's a rpgm, not a vn. Do you also go to a Chinese restaurant and complain that there's no pizza.

NH1980

Feb 3, 2023
The countdown timer is still active because the game is technically only complete for the Grand Master Patreons over there. The lower supporting tiers still have updates to receive.

If I recall the lowest tier is only on v.97
But strictly speaking that does require a new chapter of the game (as the countdown timer suggests) just a change in access control for those accounts.

See what you mean though.

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
It's a rpgm, not a vn. Do you also go to a Chinese restaurant and complain that there's no pizza.
Dude, just because it's not directly a VN doesn't make it not a VN. LE was literally just a glorified VN with a sprinkling of fetch quests and walking to pad the run time.
Your analogy falls flat as well, because this would be more like going to a Japanese restaurant and being surprised to find that there's nothing BUT pizza.

Kulman

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
They always drag unnecessarily long, there hasn't been an NLT game so far that by the time I hit ~40% I don't end up skipping any sex scene. Way too many and by the nature of all being unavoidable/unskippable you've already seen everything by then.

Literally the worst game to binge play. I don't know if you guys were happy with how it plays when you wait for each update, but playing 10+ updates in one go, like I do, makes me facepalm and hate most of the characters by the end of the game, because they always have to do dumb shit so lewd situation can happen and the plot keeps moving in circles.

I say 3/5 is the perfect rating for a game like this, amazing animations, mediocre everything else. As for views its just how it is, you rarely capture lightning in a bottle twice. DPC for example, if he would go for a 3rd game, I guarantee it wouldn't be even half as popular as his college one, no matter how much better his hardware, skills are, or how much more famous he is.

Luck and the weird timing with Covid played a huge part in a lot of games exploding in popularity.
For me TON was a lot more mellow. I looked forward to relaxing there.

Noir city is a lot less chill for me.

Also hate they dropped incest tag, which was one of the core things NLT standed for imo.

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
huh... wut? :ROFLMAO:
If a game is formatted to be an RPGM game but all there is to do is walk from one event that is nothing but dialogue to the next, then it is "not a VN" but it is most certainly a glorified VN, which is exactly the problem with Lust Epidemic.
In that game, literally all there is to do is walk from one place to the next to do some set in stone dialogue, maybe a fetch quest along the way (literally at one point all you do in a fetch quest in that game is grab a water bottle), but it's basically just a VN with a lot of extra steps in the literal sense because most of the game is walking if you aren't in skippable dialogue.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
If a game is formatted to be an RPGM game but all there is to do is walk from one event that is nothing but dialogue to the next, then it is "not a VN" but it is most certainly a glorified VN, which is exactly the problem with Lust Epidemic.
In that game, literally all there is to do is walk from one place to the next to do some set in stone dialogue, maybe a fetch quest along the way (literally at one point all you do in a fetch quest in that game is grab a water bottle), but it's basically just a VN with a lot of extra steps in the literal sense because most of the game is walking if you aren't in skippable dialogue.
You've never played older RPGs have you?

Dargondo

Mar 3, 2018
You've never played older RPGs have you?
Dude, I've literally played RPGs older than myself, which is why I can make these statements with such confidence.
Just because it's an RPGM game doesn't mean it has to be nothing but dialogue and walking, and anyone who thinks it does has clearly not played any decent RPGM games.
If a developer thinks a decent RPG is 95% walking, 4% dialogue, and 1% content, then they shouldn't be making games period.

Reactions: EZ8lt

TarB0b

Aug 8, 2017
How do I replay the last scene? I used someone else's save so when I booted up the game it was already completed. I can't find it in the scene player either.

NH1980

Feb 3, 2023
I definitely preferred LE and ToN to TGO, my favourite, by far, being ToN.

But I can’t really put my finger on why so I thought a little and I wonder whether some of it was how I played the games.

ToN was the first game I discovered, it was fully released by then so I could play it how I wanted, just 10 minutes or a whole hour or more. Also chests and keys were all available for the accessible areas - I’ll come to that later. I then went onto LE and although the graphics weren’t as good I enjoyed being able to play the whole game how I wanted.

With TGO, apart from the initial demo, I played each update as it arrived. This meant waiting two weeks to play a few minutes of gameplay. This meant I had a big build up of anticipation which often was satisfied by the tiny fragment of new gameplay. Also as each update was self contained there was always a known number of keys, chests, extras to find, which detracted from the exploration element of the game. Same goes with video guides, with each update of a few minutes play there would be a dedicated video guide, so it was very easy and quick to get help when you got stuck.

Maybe if I went back and played TGO as a full game I might have a better opinion of it, can’t bring myself to do that yet, maybe in a few months.

blubberina

May 29, 2017
Thank you everyone for following along and for those who gave it a like (y). Hopefully it's helped to make your playthrough a little bit smoother. I've attached my 100% save file for those who want it (read the FAQs General Questions section for where to paste the save).

<= v0.99 guide here
Hi, when loading your savefile it says just 66% completed?!

3.70 star(s) 230 Votes