Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
You're not the one asking that question, visit my profile and read my previous posts, you'll find my patched Launcher. Feels sorry bcuz i got the update before Grand Master tier.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Even a manual check doesn't show the latest version.
I've reinstalled the module just in case, but it changes nothing.

biometric

Jan 12, 2020
So let me explain a little for how NLT game updaters work, and if the dev can read this post he also can change his Patreon authorization method, because it's almost useless.

NLT updater/launcher for both TGO and previous ToN using simple "hand crafted" PHP scripts as game's API. Users enter their email and it will be send to API endpoint, checking that email from a list and return the highest release can be download at this time. If that email doesn't in that list, server return free version. Like this:
Code:
email@grandmaster.nlt >> .39084
email@freetier.nlt >> .35071
But there is no authorization process to make sure users own that patreon account, you enter someone else grand master email and you have latest update. It's make my modification access freely to any tier even i dont use any email, because no authorization = no checking permissions.

Now look at the game version 41091, split it into:

41 09 1

I call 41 is the major version number, 09 - the month of the year, and 1 is the first release in this month. The major number usually gaining by +2, i think it because each 2 weeks we have an update, and the timestamp of the render told me NLT working on at least 1 video render per week.

Now forget all about patreon tier, email, ... Focus to where game files are hosted. NLT write a script to return a "base dir", it's just a cloudfront storage url. Combine that url follow this syntax/structure:

Code:
https://baseurl/.VERSION/hashfile.txt
as i have on my pc:

Code:
http://d14znk2ithoa4f.cloudfront.net/.41091/hashfile.txt
The content of hashfile.txt is a list of current game version eg.

Yes! You can edit that txt to make a full list of url to download with any programs, or with my method is patching TGO Launcher. The key to download an update is just the version number, so i am patching it to always use return from highest tier, or manually specifying the version number.

biometric

Jan 12, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Even a manual check doesn't show the latest version.
I've reinstalled the module just in case, but it changes nothing.
You downloaded old attachments, replace Assembly from the last post, delete hc.dat, user.dat, ver.dat. Open Launcher and enter .41091 as email then press login, you will see the "magic".

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
So let me explain a little for how NLT game updaters work, and if the dev can read this post he also can change his Patreon authorization method, because it's almost useless.

NLT updater/launcher for both TGO and previous ToN using simple "hand crafted" PHP scripts as game's API. Users enter their email and it will be send to API endpoint, checking that email from a list and return the highest release can be download at this time. If that email doesn't in that list, server return free version. Like this:
Code:
email@grandmaster.nlt >> .39084
email@freetier.nlt >> .35071
But there is no authorization process to make sure users own that patreon account, you enter someone else grand master email and you have latest update. It's make my modification access freely to any tier even i dont use any email, because no authorization = no checking permissions.

Now look at the game version 41091, split it into:

41 09 1

I call 41 is the major version number, 09 - the month of the year, and 1 is the first release in this month. The major number usually gaining by +2, i think it because each 2 weeks we have an update, and the timestamp of the render told me NLT working on at least 1 video render per week.

Now forget all about patreon tier, email, ... Focus to where game files are hosted. NLT write a script to return a "base dir", it's just a cloudfront storage url. Combine that url follow this syntax/structure:

Code:
https://baseurl/.VERSION/hashfile.txt
as i have on my pc:

Code:
http://d14znk2ithoa4f.cloudfront.net/.41091/hashfile.txt
The content of hashfile.txt is a list of current game version eg.

Yes! You can edit that txt to make a full list of url to download with any programs, or with my method is patching TGO Launcher. The key to download an update is just the version number, so i am patching it to always use return from highest tier, or manually specifying the version number.
You downloaded old attachments, replace Assembly from the last post, delete hc.dat, user.dat, ver.dat. Open Launcher and enter .41091 as email then press login, you will see the "magic".
Preach ! :LOL: You know that the most common problem for these noodles is that they can't even merge 2 folders ? :rolleyes::unsure::KEK:

Deleted member 2755092

Aug 20, 2020
Preach ! :LOL: You know that the most common problem for these noodles is that they can't even merge 2 folders ? :rolleyes::unsure::KEK:
I disagree, while I love the work done on the patcher, the instructions were not clear at all there :)
One of the posts said to enter any mail address, and at no point was it made clear that we had to enter the version number we wanted (the time machine post.)
And yes now, of course it works :)

biometric

Jan 12, 2020
You can digging into Amazon S3 Storage documents to know how their merge, old files can be re-used to a new distribution.

biometric

Jan 12, 2020
I disagree, while I love the work done on the patcher, the instructions were not clear at all there :)
One of the posts said to enter any mail address, and at no point was it made clear that we had to enter the version number we wanted (the time machine post.)
The email method, you got the latest update at the same time with grand master tier. The manual method you can upgrade or downgrade to any version at any time if the hashfile.txt exist.

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
You can digging into Amazon S3 Storage documents to know how their merge, old files can be re-used to a new distribution.
The whole point of my post was the people can't won't read :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: DD69-1

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
My English is very basic. You mean the problems with downloaded files will not saving in their relative folders? If that the problem i using IDM site grabber.
Think you got there something wrong... there is a very limited amount of people that use a version of these NLT games that comes with this auto updater thingy so they rely on the one that get's leaked via patreon ( and get's indexed here in the OP ) that requires a base www and an update only www folder merge to have the game up to date ( I know this is where the noodles brain shuts down because this is rocket science :LOL: ) What you write here is not wrong or better or worse... just simply an alternate ( which is not used here 98% ) that needs to be READ and STUDIED by those who can't figure out how to merge 2 folders... buckle up this will be a rough ride ! :KEK:

Tearil

Mar 12, 2019
Even tho there's not 100 messages already at release hour, it doesn't mean we're all not waiting for our hero... :p

Reactions: forums123

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
Im sure 99.98% will not reaching my posts, but may be it helpful for rarely remain which doesn't want to re-download whole installation each update, have no ideas to merging update only or to fix a black screen with yellow text say some files are missing...

Respected to NLT works, but already joined a Pirates ship. So i think NLT can also use my provided informations to improve their's products. Last year, i was contacting a game dev team that their's game codes exposing the whole users database (more than 380K), and the permissions for everyone is the same as highest administrator account, the payments/purchasing system are not properly protected but they're laughing in my face, users also and their told me a story of FBI... Last week, all of us received a new anoucement on discord that they will complete transfering to a new server engine, not Amazon anymore because it will be closed. But i think their's income for the last year is low as hell and at least enough to make they re-think about. I'm not a skilled hacker but experienced game cheater at basic level. And yes, their's protection and anti cheats are just bull***t.
NLT doesn't come here, so whatever happens won't matter. The missing image "error" is caused by noodles failing at basic life mixing normal and compressed versions

yuboki

Apr 23, 2020
Im sure 99.98% will not reaching my posts, but may be it helpful for rarely remain which doesn't want to re-download whole installation each update, have no ideas to merging update only or to fix a black screen with yellow text say some files are missing...
Does the launcher dl update only or the whole game?

Borel

Jan 7, 2022

Respected to NLT works, but already joined a Pirates ship. So i think NLT can also use my provided informations to improve their's products. Last year, i was contacting a game dev team that their's game codes exposing the whole users database (more than 380K), and the permissions for everyone is the same as highest administrator account, the payments/purchasing system are not properly protected but they're laughing in my face, users also and their told me a story of FBI... Last week, all of us received a new anoucement on discord that they will complete transfering to a new server engine, not Amazon anymore because it will be closed. But i think their's income for the last year is low as hell and at least enough to make they re-think about. I'm not a skilled hacker but experienced game cheater at basic level. And yes, their's protection and anti cheats are just bull***t.
That's why NLT Media use Patreon for most of their payments; Patreon hold paypal/credit/debit card details and handle the transfers of money from many different countries to NLT Media in the currency they/want use. And why I think eventually the only way to play NLT Media games will be online, probably in browsers, accessible through personal logins which can't be shared: it would be easy to tell if login details were being used by more than one person because they would be used many times at the same time in multiple locations and could be blocked very quickly. NLT Media games already can be played online and it would make sense for all future games only to be available to bona fide paying patrons. Downloading media to computers would be redundant under these conditions and piracy nigh on impossible.

Reactions: KiraJames

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021

1st segment : story of the NLT noodles life :LOL:

2nd segment : you say you figured out some major vulnerability ? And reported it and got shat into your helping hand ? :eek: Story of my life ( formerly :KEK: ) Since you mentioned you joined the pirates ship you could have acted upon it... ARRGH ! :LOL: On the other hand :rolleyes: if they know it better then let them rust in piece :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: biometric
3.70 star(s) 230 Votes