Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
Well, they're still using this dino called RGPM.. So it's certainly impossible. Unity is the answer, if you have the talent.
The next one was said to be build in unity. But to be honest unity sucks too. So many unity apps here, takes ages to load, uses alle my cpu or harddisk time. RPGM/renpy are quicker and run fine.

I have to say only paradise lust is the one unity game, I would say is working fine, but even than it takes a long time to start up.

Reactions: TheSweetEvilKing

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
The next one was said to be build in unity. But to be honest unity sucks too. So many unity apps here, takes ages to load, uses alle my cpu or harddisk time. RPGM/renpy are quicker and run fine.

I have to say only paradise lust is the one unity game, I would say is working fine, but even than it takes a long time to start up.
That could be dev related very well... RPGM is old and limited...... so what ? Look at the many fools drooling around a dino engine produced game :LOL: Ren'py is out of the question btw so this evolution needs to happen like pro's are doing it and not just in names :p
( wouldn't surprise me if the next game still came for RPGM 0a5f10fe-115d-4920-900c-c2511b6071cd.png )

ZenGarden

Oct 1, 2017

Curious what you think of the performance of mystwood manor for a unity game.

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
That could be dev related very well... RPGM is old and limited...... so what ? Look at the many fools drooling around a dino engine produced game :LOL: Ren'py is out of the question btw so this evolution needs to happen like pro's are doing it and not just in names :p
( wouldn't surprise me if the next game still came for RPGM View attachment 2567001 )
Renpy is fine for VN games, and RPGM is fine for walking around games. I only have seen go back function in renpy games, nothing more irritating than pressing space, which becomes 2 clicks and you missing the text, and forgotten to save for the last 30 minutes, and have to reply all over again.

It's more about the story and the graphics, and less about the system behind it.

With unity you can make 3d games, running around, which is fine, if it costs a lot of processing power. But for these fucking stupid simplistic games, without much animation except for some prerendered movies, it's totally overkill to use 100% cpu power of a modern intel i7 on 4 Ghz. Which is something I see happening with most unity games. And I wasn't even talking about starting fullscreen, and capturing the mouse.

Same with modern movies, CGI and such is a lot better, but the quality of story telling was 20 years back a whole lot better, than most woke shit they produce these days.

Reactions: El Buho and TREXrg

iffy1211

Mar 23, 2020
I personally don't like incest very much
but the more I play, I can't help but feel like Heather was planned to be mc's mom
Or I'm just annoyed beacause it took really long to bang heather(by nlt standard of course)

Reactions: Aiden619

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
Curious what you think of the performance of mystwood manor for a unity game.
So I didn't know the game, I just downloaded it and started playing it. I have to say, for a unity game it's very good. It even starts a lot faster than Paradise Lust, and No 100% cpu, it starts directly with animation, and not a black screen for 5 minutes like a lot of other unity games.

It even has a history function to go back, not bad. What I'm missing is, that it doesn't go back to the last screen, where the text belongs too like every renpy game.

What I also miss is the resize option, found out I needed 'esc' to chance the resolution manually (was used to right mouse button, escape is fine too), but at least it's fast, and it works everytime like in renpy, not like all those RPGM games, where you cannot go to the menu during some event. Thank god you can turn off the background music quickly, got a headache after 2 minutes. Seems to be the same problem with most other games.

After a few minutes playing, I see this game suffers the 'dad died' syndrome. So it promises to be a fun game...

Now I stop writing, I need to finish this one.

Thanks for the suggestion!

Feb 8, 2023

My understanding is the "new engine" NLT Media intend to use for their next game will be some version of RPG Maker gutted, rebuilt and repurposed to better suit their ambitions, e.g., higher resolution graphics. :whistle: This is a difficult thing to do, as hard if not harder than writing unique purpose built bespoke software from scratch, and I'm kind of wondering how long such a project will take to complete and how successful it would be at the end of the day. :unsure: The puzzle builder for Genesis Order seems not to have got off the ground, nor have any developer created puzzles begun appearing regularly in Genesis Order, which sort of indicates the difficulty. :cautious: It's not at all easy to incorporate additional features into existing software, by adding your own code and make what you end up with work seamlessly, so while I wish NLT Media good luck as far as their next game is concerned, based on what I've heard, something truly innovative and revolutionary seems unlikely to be in the offing. ;)

Last edited:

Deleted member 5988643

Apr 10, 2023
My understanding is the "new engine" NLT Media intend to use for their next game will be some version of RPG Maker gutted, rebuilt and repurposed to better suit their ambitions, e.g., higher resolution graphics. :whistle: This is a difficult thing to do, as hard if not harder than writing unique purpose built bespoke software from scratch, and I'm kind of wondering how long such a project will take to complete and how successful it would be at the end of the day. :unsure: The puzzle builder for Genesis Order seems not to have got off the ground, nor have any developer created puzzles begun appearing regularly in Genesis Order, which sort of indicates the difficulty. :cautious: It's not at all easy to incorporate additional features into existing software, by adding your own code, and make what you end up with work seamlessly, so while I wish NLT Media good luck as far as their next game is concerned, based on what I've heard, something truly innovative and revolutionary seems unlikely to be in the offing. ;)
The puzzle problem, is probably just TIME, they already made 4 as an example, but coming up with 20 other puzzles, cost times, lot of time. With so many sex scenes and every 2 weeks adding a few procent, I don't see it happening anytime sooner. Probably better would have been 1 sex scene less, and every 3-4 weeks a new update. Than they could have added the other stuff. Now they probably will add it when the game is finished, or almost finish. Which is fine too ofcourse.

Of course adding the fishing shit in TON, was nice way to irritate the players. I would love for them to do something like that again. :)

theMickey_

Engaged Member
Mar 19, 2020
The next one was said to be build in unity.
Where did you get that from? Can you please link the official post from NLT?

AFAIK they mentioned looking into an "improved" engine for their next game, but they never mentioned Unity. So everything else (Will it be Unity? Will it be an improved version of their current RPG Maker engine? Will it be something completely different?) is just pure speculation.

Unless you have an official post from NLT mentioning the game engine they will use for future projects of course.

dwalsh

Jul 1, 2019
All 3 fuckface is a nasty cunt if you think about it... needless to compare them they are all equally scum of the earth :p
You're not wrong. Unfortunately, I go for the story and I've reached the point of just tabbing through the sex scenes (can always view them later). I keep asking why does the dev have this guy talk so much to seem like a total idiot then still spring some good puzzles to solve?

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
You're not wrong. Unfortunately, I go for the story and I've reached the point of just tabbing through the sex scenes (can always view them later). I keep asking why does the dev have this guy talk so much to seem like a total idiot then still spring some good puzzles to solve?
It's how harem games work... or better yet the only way they work :LOL:

tee_zach

Apr 28, 2020
QUESTIION: i updated the mac version with the newest pc update, and when i start the game its stuck on (now loading ...).
I already type this up in the search bar and nothing, could it be a corupt file or is it something different.

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
QUESTIION: i updated the mac version with the newest pc update, and when i start the game its stuck on (now loading ...).
I already type this up in the search bar and nothing, could it be a corupt file or is it something different.
It's 99%+ a you problem. Be sure you know wtf you're doing when attempting to OS-swap junk around

sixart

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 2, 2021
It's 99%+ a you problem. Be sure you know wtf you're doing when attempting to OS-swap junk around
Welp renaming a folder shouldn't cause a problem... after that it's business as usual... which here means incoming disaster :LOL: :ROFLMAO: :KEK:

Just for fun I leave this core here... wonder what will happen :unsure::p

3.70 star(s) 233 Votes