Borlandsmen

Aug 14, 2020
The HD Video Mod for the previous game is now finished and can be found here:
Treasure of Nadia - HD Video Mod 1.0117

I also added a fix for Nvidia GPUs for the TGO HD Video Mod 1.05 here:
The Genesis Order - HD Video Mod 1.05
I'm playing this right now - it works and looks great!
I'm playing with your mod in TON.
As an experiment, I took one single video with the name "BC-Ja-PP1" and compared the original game, the poor quality of the original, the Viggy mod and your quality mod.. In your version of the mod, Janet hardly blinks her eyes..Just a barely visible tremor. Perhaps I would not have known about blinking at all if it were not for other videos in comparison. Everything is fine in the original files and in the Viggy mod....I didn’t compare other videos, but took a completely random one for comparison.
Question from me - did Viggy change the video resolution in his mod?

Last edited:

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
I'm playing this right now - it works and looks great!
I'm playing with your mod in TON.
As an experiment, I took one single video with the name "BC-Ja-PP1" and compared the original game, the poor quality of the original, the Viggy mod and your quality mod.. In your version of the mod, Janet hardly blinks her eyes..Just a barely visible tremor. Perhaps I would not have known about blinking at all if it were not for other videos in comparison. Everything is fine in the original files and in the Viggy mod....I didn’t compare other videos, but took a completely random one for comparison.
Question from me - did Viggy change the video resolution in his mod?
Yes. You're right.
I think it's the conversion to 60 FPS.
Viggy added 60 FPS much later in his mod.
The AI mentioned that some videos doesn't have enough motion-vectors.

I analysed the source material with an other tool.
The 30 FPS aren't really 30 FPS. There are many doubled frames/less motion between frames.
These "double frames" causes the issues.
NLT outputs a sequence to fake 30 FPS and then I came along and tried to push it to fake 60 FPS.
So what do we do? Delete the mod? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Reactions: Borlandsmen

Banjorune

Jul 23, 2023
This is so frustrating. I'm 7 percent in, and the angel is saying, "A very bad man wants a bribe. If you're smart, you can figure out how to pay him less."
I suspect this means that I have to increase my intelligence, but the only way I know how to do that is to make and eat the seed of knowledge, but to do that, I need old books, and it seems I've already bought the store's whole inventory. So my question is, how do I get more old books? Or, is there a different way to increase intelligence?
Thank you.

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
This is so frustrating. I'm 7 percent in, and the angel is saying, "A very bad man wants a bribe. If you're smart, you can figure out how to pay him less."
I suspect this means that I have to increase my intelligence, but the only way I know how to do that is to make and eat the seed of knowledge, but to do that, I need old books, and it seems I've already bought the store's whole inventory. So my question is, how do I get more old books? Or, is there a different way to increase intelligence?
Thank you.
I know that I traded him down twice. So it is possible.
As stupid as it sounds: Some of them are hidden and some in plain sight. You have to search everywhere.
...or use a walkthrough.

Banjorune

Jul 23, 2023
I know that I traded him down twice. So it is possible.
As stupid as it sounds: Some of them are hidden and some in plain sight. You have to search everywhere.
...or use a walkthrough.
Thank you. I did a side quest, and the guy gave me a seed of knowledge as a reward. I was thus able to talk the very bad man down to $500...

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
The HD Video Mod for the previous game is now finished and can be found here:
Treasure of Nadia - HD Video Mod 1.0117

I also added a fix for Nvidia GPUs for the TGO HD Video Mod 1.05 here:
The Genesis Order - HD Video Mod 1.05
Nice mods, thanks for your hard work.
I also immediately recognized the "signature" of the proteus v4 model in Topaz video AI

It's excellent for dealing with compression artifacts, but it tends to deblur textures that aren't supposed to be as detailed with a depth-of-field effect, which is often used in general.

That being said, NLT animations have probably the worst encoding quality I've ever seen and I also think it gets even worse with each new game they make. It amazed me how a full team with plenty of budget and experiences didn't even bother to fix it in 2024 .

To fix that , they just have to : make animations with a decent resolution like 1080p and stop using retarded export/encoding parameters

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
Nice mods, thanks for your hard work.
I also immediately recognized the "signature" of the proteus v4 model in Topaz video AI

It's excellent for dealing with compression artifacts, but it tends to deblur textures that aren't supposed to be as detailed with a depth-of-field effect, which is often used in general.

That being said, NLT animations have probably the worst encoding quality I've ever seen and I also think it gets even worse with each new game they make. It amazed me how a full team with plenty of budget and experiences didn't even bother to fix it in 2024 .

To fix that , they just have to : make animations with a decent resolution like 1080p and stop using retarded export/encoding parameters
Amen. There are so many issues with NLT animations.
Poor denoiseing, 30 Fake FPS, no real Color Grading, crappy reflections, asyncronous moan effects etc.
Today I looked into Symphony of the Serpent and I'm really shocked how poor the quality is.
Is it because of the limitations of RPGM?
I normally work with higher class engines like UE, Unity etc.
I mean, even a 150$ low-budget-smart-phone can handle a full-hd video today.
Why do they limit the playback-quality?

Reactions: F4iunyl3x

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
Amen. There are so many issues with NLT animations.
Poor denoiseing, 30 Fake FPS, no real Color Grading, crappy reflections, asyncronous moan effects etc.
Today I looked into Symphony of the Serpent and I'm really shocked how poor the quality is.
Is it because of the limitations of RPGM?
I normally work with higher class engines like UE, Unity etc.
I mean, even a 150$ low-budget-smart-phone can handle a full-hd video today.
Why do they limit the playback-quality?
i'm not sure the 30 fps framerate is "fake" like there is no motions between some frames, IMO the issue is maybe on the weird characters motions or just the high compression levels that distorts motions.
I agree with everything else you said

I checked the Symphony of the Serpent too, I also believe that this game will achieve the feat of doing even worse. I've been thinking about making an enhancement mod but there is too many artefacts to handle and it produces at the end a butchered result, especially with character faces.

I think RPGM support at least 1080p@60fps videos but with poor performance on weak PC as videos are played with an unoptimized engine embedded inside RPGM. To a lesser extent, this is also the case with the renpy engine.
They certainly have the high-end workstations to render animations at a higher resolution/refresh rate.

my guess on the situation is that the team is used to the same workflow that has been determined years ago.
Even worse , I think that continuous improvement is just not in their habits
We can observe that since AT LEAST ToN , they use : the same damn obsolete game engine, the same rendering engine, the same glossy characters textures and I'm not even going to talk about the story here.
All of this makes me think that I'm playing the same game every time, but it's becoming increasingly bad and tasteless.

Last edited:
Reactions: iGooseman

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
i'm not sure the 30 fps framerate is "fake" like there is no motions between some frames, IMO the issue is maybe on the weird characters motions or just the high compression levels that distorts motions.
I agree with everything else you said

I checked the Symphony of the Serpent too, I also believe that this game will achieve the feat of doing even worse. I've been thinking about making an enhancement mod but there is too many artefacts to handle and it produces at the end a butchered result, especially with character faces.

I think RPGM support at least 1080p@60fps videos but with poor performance on weak PC as videos are played with an unoptimized engine embedded inside RPGM. To a lesser extent, this is also the case with the renpy engine.
They certainly have the high-end workstations to render animations at a higher resolution/refresh rate.

my guess on the situation is that the team is used to the same workflow that have been determined years ago.
Even worse , I think that continuous improvement is just not in their habits
We can observe that since AT LEAST ToN , they use : the same damn obsolete game engine, the same rendering engine, the same glossy characters textures and I'm not even going to talk about the story here.
All of this makes me think that I'm playing the same game every time, but it's becoming increasingly bad and tasteless.
I think I pass to do anything for Symphony of the Serpent atm.
I'll wait around 20%. If the quality doesn't get any better... I'm out.

Last edited:

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018
I think I pass to do anything for Symphony of the Serpent atm.
I'll wait around 20%. If the quality doesn't get any better... I'm out.
Maybe try to look at the new model available on topaz video, rhea v1
it performs better than proteus v4 in many scenarios, it's optimized to bring back fine details:

the major drawback : its hit-or-miss behavior + the model tends to recover blurred faces in the back

Reactions: iGooseman

iGooseman

Mar 8, 2023
Maybe try to look at the new model available on topaz video, rhea v1
it performs better than proteus v4 in many scenarios, it's optimized to bring back fine details:

the major drawback : its hit-or-miss behavior + the model tends to recover blurred faces in the back
Thanks. I look into it.
I only opened the movies-folder in Symphony of the Serpent and watched some scenes and asked myself how they justify this poor movie-quality. I didn't played it yet. Maybe the gameplay is better idk.

Someone told me to check "Ripples" and "Fresh Women" out.
I didn't played them either, only checked the image-quality.
Significantly better than NLT!

3.70 star(s) 238 Votes