3.80 star(s) 47 Votes

hypnouser

May 14, 2017
i can see his patrons leaving by the mass if this continues since they still have to pay and get nothing ....
No body have issues with delays. Ppl have issues with violations of "service" i.e. payment per month for a chapter and communications.

If there a delay, why dont he pause the billing for the missing months? It an lame excuse when you say you cant set an estimate time for release. People should stop supporting con man like this.
What I find curious is that the ones complaining here, are not patrons.

You still have a point on what you are saying, though.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018

Whether i am a patron or not is not the point. Its like seeing a robbery but he is not robbing your shop. Should you not at least report to the police or increase awareness of the incident? What will happen if no one say a word ?

There will be more abandon stuff since no one needs to be accountable and they know they can get away with it.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Whether i am a patron or not is not the point. Its like seeing a robbery but he is not robbing your shop. Should you not at least report to the police or increase awareness of the incident? What will happen if no one say a word ?

There will be more abandon stuff since no one needs to be accountable and they know they can get away with it.
I'd say the biggest problem with this whole situation has been the lack of communication if everyone had been kept informed there would have been less of a backlash it's understandable for some people that real life gets busy not going to hold that against the dev and his team, but just a quick word next time would be nice.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
I'd say the biggest problem with this whole situation has been the lack of communication if everyone had been kept informed there would have been less of a backlash it's understandable for some people that real life gets busy not going to hold that against the dev and his team, but just a quick word next time would be nice.
Communication would have solved everything. especially delay after delay. its not delay itself but the way the delay has been handled by the developer. it is good that he did not mentioned time frame this time. but if he knows it wont be this year then it will be better to pause the billing till he and his team get their acts together.

Reactions: bobmonk and Mormont

hypnouser

May 14, 2017

I think that wouldn´t be the case here. I am not saying is your case, But I am pretty sure that most of the people who complain about this, is because they want to play the game for free, not because they care about patrons.

This said, I have to agree that you may have a point of what you say and that the way how the staff handled the situation, can make patrons feel scammed.

Reactions: bobmonk

keer

Jun 20, 2017
What a languid expectation of an update, we will watch the cartoon from screenshots and the background of the menu! :mad: (n)

italicus

Jun 18, 2017

I was a patreon until October, does that make my opinion worthier than other's? I don't think so. Personally I don't regret canceling the subscription. No real update, much less an ETA after so long. I have seen that from other devs. It's never a good thing. Contrast with DarkCookie who updates every 4 months or so, but streams daily and has a somewhat reliable tracker.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
When it comes to complaints, I tend to not complain when it comes to creators taking more time to release an update, since I'm not paying for the game. The things I complain about involves the story, since that I feel should be something anyone should be able to express themselves on due to how it's something everyone get's to experience. It's why I brought up how I'm pissed for us not getting an update solely because the creator left us on such a shitty cliffhanger that should have been completed right there instead of ending it the way it did.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
left us on such a shitty cliffhanger that should have been completed right there instead of ending it the way it did.
I couldn't agree more what should have happened was that the whole scene should have played out and this update should have concentrated on the fallout of that scene.

Reactions: jish55

bobmonk

Oct 11, 2019
Whilst the guys working on it currently may have produced a good game to date, clearly their weaknesses and flaws could kill the entire project. It sounds like this project needs someone else to oversee it all and specifically manage community updates (delays, goals, timescales, etc).

I doubt it will happen or this post even be noticed by the dev but thought I would throw the idea out into the void. So easy to fix the shit show of a situation and keep everything going with a tiny bit of thought/effort. Situations like this are the reason why a lot of people would not use patreon to support devs.

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
When it comes to complaints, I tend to not complain when it comes to creators taking more time to release an update, since I'm not paying for the game. The things I complain about involves the story, since that I feel should be something anyone should be able to express themselves on due to how it's something everyone get's to experience. It's why I brought up how I'm pissed for us not getting an update solely because the creator left us on such a shitty cliffhanger that should have been completed right there instead of ending it the way it did.
indeed the part of the saving was finally apon us only to be met with an extremely long hiatus. also what happens if this game is getting abonded tag because of lose of patreon like it seem he is losing patreon on daily bases. This would suck if now we get an game over. or a remaster.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
indeed the part of the saving was finally apon us only to be met with an extremely long hiatus. also what happens if this game is getting abonded tag because of lose of patreon like it seem he is losing patreon on daily bases. This would suck if now we get an game over. or a remaster.
Yeah, I brought this up in a previous post on this thread about how creators for these games should never end any update on a major cliff hanger like what this game got due to how likely many creators are to just up and abandon it. The only times I can understand a creator leaving the game on a hiatus is if the creator makes their living solely making these games or they're making these games for fun and aren't relying on patreon to do that. Otherwise, we may have issues as we see 75% of these game creators abandon their projects half way through.

Reactions: Dependable_223

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Yeah, I brought this up in a previous post on this thread about how creators for these games should never end any update on a major cliff hanger like what this game got due to how likely many creators are to just up and abandon it. The only times I can understand a creator leaving the game on a hiatus is if the creator makes their living solely making these games or they're making these games for fun and aren't relying on patreon to do that. Otherwise, we may have issues as we see 75% of these game creators abandon their projects half way through.
Personally I can't generaly encourage or accept Cliffhangers like that... unless the Update was already that massive that I can understand that the rest of the story just couldn't be completed in time for this release... but that wasn't the case here.
It felt like an attempt to get more Patreons as people wanted to see a conclusion... figured it was either to obvious or he just took to much time afterwards but I can only see this going downhill unless he changes his behaviour and releases a stunning new version and never ever try this shi** again...

3.80 star(s) 47 Votes