3.80 star(s) 47 Votes

Bulb69

Donor
Jun 9, 2018
seems to me that too many devs begin releasing with nothing more than an idea and a few written scenes / characters. In my view if you intend to make money as a dev, then almost the entire story should be planned out (at least) before the first release. Otherwise the inevitable writers block and or feature creep will cause near endless delays, or worse yet sub-par, half-baked updates.
In my mind, think about quality (Script, story, render, interaction with players) and, the most important, have pleasure to do it before money.

If you propose quality. The money come by himself. Nothing more to do.

But if you act like a fetish McDo how the boobs size and the number of sex scene as the most important. I promise nothing.

The quality is not the number of fetish already done and the number of fetish to come.

Reactions: RedZone30

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I remember a tread how i ask a developer if he have a work plan and if his story have a beginning a middle and a end before he start production.

I receive a response like i understand nothing in creativity and he refuse to chain it with this shit. Like if a work plan as an obstacle to creativity.

This is a long term project. Is you begin it without preparation. Is a fail with certitude.

If you tell me a story how i understand nothing. You have a problem because i know my classic.
You are going for the opposite extreme.
What I meant is that there are several creators that have a clear idea of how their end product is supposed to look like, but they suck at drawing up a concrete plan how to get there.
Some build their plans on idialistic circumstences and repeatedly fail to reach their goals until they learn what they are capable of doing and achieving in a given time.
Most projects and /or Teams that survive for an entire year tend to find their pace and get better at this
And most are influenced by their fanbase, if a side character is receiving a high amount of interest in the fan base it might be promoted to main girl or at minimum receives extra story and content.

Bulb69

Donor
Jun 9, 2018
You are going for the opposite extreme.
What I meant is that there are several creators that have a clear idea of how their end product is supposed to look like, but they suck at drawing up a concrete plan how to get there.
Some build their plans on idialistic circumstences and repeatedly fail to reach their goals until they learn what they are capable of doing and achieving in a given time.
Most projects and /or Teams that survive for an entire year tend to find their pace and get better at this
And most are influenced by their fanbase, if a side character is receiving a high amount of interest in the fan base it might be promoted to main girl or at minimum receives extra story and content.
A work plan is a road map or a compass to have assurance to not be lost. Is not a rigid path to follow.

Is see any problem to work like you explain and have a work plan in same time. Being prepared as never a rigid script to follow. Simply update the work plan with each modification you made. Any creativity constraint in this.

If you go outside the plan. Change simply the plan after do it. But have a plan.

I talk about a tool here. Not a dogma to follow.

The day you are blocked. You will thank this small document which will help you to continue by guiding you towards the exit.

italicus

Jun 18, 2017
What I find strange is that the account Mr.ZZ is still used to look at this thread. Last seen 45 minutes ago at the time of posting this comment. But the last comment is from February 6th of last year. I wonder why he doesn't respond.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
What I find strange is that the account Mr.ZZ is still used to look at this thread. Last seen 45 minutes ago at the time of posting this comment. But the last comment is from February 6th of last year. I wonder why he doesn't respond.
Because on the annonymus internet there is no connection between the Creator known as Mr.ZZ and the holder of said account.
It could be but it's rather unlikely his profile is not even bound to the Patreon Project known as "The gift Reloaded"

Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
Because on the annonymus internet there is no connection between the Creator known as Mr.ZZ and the holder of said account.
It could be but it's rather unlikely his profile is not even bound to the Patreon Project known as "The gift Reloaded"
Mr.ZZ is the dev, and he two posted two different job openings Feb 4th of last year to work on The Gift Reloaded. But go on how you know better, when, with 15 seconds of effort you could have educated yourself.

Watcher X

Dec 26, 2017
Happy birthday girls! It’s a pity that you have not been activated so far):cool::love:
Yeh....dEAd GaMe, c'mon mods mark it ABANDONED!!!!!

Anyway, Talia...my god. She is worthy of her own game. Can't wait to give her a bit of mind if you know what I mean.

Reactions: keer

keer

Jun 20, 2017
1 year old, they grow up so quick. They'll be of legal age by the time the game comes out.
You forgot that you need to activate them, but for now the developers will reach them they will be 150 years old)) :D :unsure:

Dependable_223

Engaged Member
Jan 3, 2019
Well patreon itself is also at fault here for allowing monthly payment. so milking can occur if they see to many devs abuses this system they should change it to only charge when content is released. this should at least stop the part where developers gaining free money without releasing any content for longer period of time.

Lets say the system detects that a developer has not released something in 3 months then the system changes to only charge when content is released it will stay like that for longer period of time till developer get their acts together then they can switch again for monthly payment. This also assures that patreons are not being scammed by developers who where never gonna release any content anyway.

So someone like gumdrop would not be able to gain any free money certainly not for 2 years doing nothing. And also lowering their rates could help that a developer can never charge more for monthly basis like say only 1, 5 and 10 dollars and anything above that is a no go.

Last edited:

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
They have nothing to say, especially since they are silent on patreon. And silence is their style.
Only so long they can get away with that there hasn't been any news since the end of last year? Probably not the best way to go about but even the most hardened supporter will be losing patience.

Reactions: RedZone30 and keer

bobmonk

Oct 11, 2019
Well patreon itself is also at fault here for allowing monthly payment. so milking can occur if they see to many devs abuses this system they should change it to only charge when content is released. this should at least stop the part where developers gaining free money without releasing any content for longer period of time.

Lets say the system detects that a developer has not released something in 3 months then the system changes to only charge when content is released it will stay like that for longer period of time till developer get their acts together then they can switch again for monthly payment. This also assures that patreons are not being scammed by developers who where never gonna release any content anyway.

So someone like gumdrop would not be able to gain any free money certainly not for 2 years doing nothing. And also lowering their rates could help that a developer can never charge more for monthly basis like say only 1, 5 and 10 dollars and anything above that is a no go.
Patreon allows creators to bill "per creation" or "per month", the end users supplying money also know the deal. Realistically Patreon are never going to adjust from one to another or there would uproar as in certain situations it would be the wrong thing to do.

End of the day the end user just needs to pay more attention to where their money is going and what the creator is doing. Its one of those situations where personal responsibility is the way to go rather than making the gateway provider responsible.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017

That won't happen.Patreon have interest in monthly charges,so there is no way they will switch to per update.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
It baffles me how many of you fail to realise Patreon is a business and their aim is to make money.

They take a cut of those monthly payments ... they would lose money by stopping them.

They, like everyone else with an ounce of common sense, expect people to be able to manage their own money so if they don't want to donate they stop payments themselves.

It's not up to the business trying to make money to babysit the people it's making money from, that's the job of the people donating and only the job of the people donating.

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Shame he can't come up with some birthday surprise for us some news at least to say if it's abandoned or not.

Reactions: keer
3.80 star(s) 47 Votes