Check, i have a step by step solution for you:

1) Go to Patreon
2) In the upper right corner paste you mouse cursor in your avatar
3) Click on "Manage memberships"
4) Choice your problematic developer and click on Edit
5) In the next page choice "Edit or Cancel Payment" and click on it
6) Click on Cancel
7) Choice Skip

That's it you not give more money to this developer. Not necessary to ask Patreon to do it for you. Like a big boy.

If all Patreon of this developer do it. No more milking.

Do not thank me. It is a pleasure to help you take charge, like grown-ups.

Haast

Mar 19, 2018
Thats entirely it isnt it, this dev didnt want to milk all their subs, he paused all payments until he got an update out, thats probably why so many people havent unsubbed.

mrZZ hasnt given up, which is why a lot of people still look in on The Gift from time to time.

Whats unfortunate is that the more this topic goes offrail like it has over the last 60 odd pages, the more chance devs not just him will go "whats the point".

Ive seen several devs do exactly that in the last 6 months, and some good games are either on hold or abandoned, several of those werent even patroned they did it for all their public.

riktor

Nov 26, 2018
kind of hard to keep a game thread on the rails without actually having new content to discuss. aside from those few popular games that still manage to attract new players while having long update delays.

bobmonk

Oct 11, 2019
Yep, end of the day even an update saying "currently lost some team members [or whatever reason] and currently the game is in this state but no fixed release date." would be better than the radio silence.

Just incredibly poor project managing skills and communication which caused the thread to fester.

Reaverer

Jul 20, 2017
Whats unfortunate is that the more this topic goes offrail like it has over the last 60 odd pages, the more chance devs not just him will go "whats the point".
I get what you are saying, but honestly this comes from poor communication from the dev. If we got a straight explanation on what the hell is going on, we would not need to speculate. If we got frequent status updates (as in tell us what's going on right now) or the dev would just admit the project is on hiatus, we would not need to wonder if it's abandoned or not.

What we are getting is planned release dates that were not met and no comment about that made by the dev until weeks later, stories about how supposedly the dev went on like a trip or something (to my knowledge, it was planned ahead ) and told his community AFTER HE RETURNED, and the dev apparently getting into a habit of sustaining injuries - how is that supposed to NOT sound like a bullshit excuse for not making any progress, for weeks. If this was strictly a hobby project, and no money at all was received towards it's development, than fine - life gets in the way of hobbies all the time. The moment you accept any money at all towards the development of the project responsibilities get attached, and communication is the number 1, most basic responsibility of a crowd funded project.

bobmonk

Oct 11, 2019
Plus the dev uses his account on this forum to read this thread. He read it 54min ago...
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Reaverer

Jul 20, 2017
Plus the dev uses his account on this forum to read this thread. He read it 54min ago...
And not even a "Hi, we're in the shit ringh now because [put something, anything here]". I guess some people were never taught good manners :)

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
He has an account on here? I'm guessing it's not the one that was linked a few posts up?

bobmonk

Oct 11, 2019
It is the very same account as mentioned on the last page of this thread, you can see when he was last online.
The fact it is the same account that posted the job listings long ago helps verify it is indeed his.

Being aware of what people are saying and still choosing to do nothing I find odd personally but to each their own.

Reactions: italicus

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
Shame I'd like to see more devs interact with us on here I know a few that already do and are quite happy to do it, would just be nice to get an understanding of what's going on.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
We have Nightcity Productions, Tinkerer and Chyos at minimum... and SweGabe hired Miss Milkshake for the News :p

keer

Jun 20, 2017
Today is eight months from the last update. This holiday. We look forward to December. :D :unsure::devilish:

3.80 star(s) 47 Votes