3.80 star(s) 47 Votes

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
I don’t understand why he won’t just release the thing in its current state. According to his “status bar” it was at 95% completion months ago with just some rendering left, which should mean that there is at least something semi playable.
It would make things probably quite easier as the community could see wether there is something or not and fix the missing things themselve much quicker.
I think it was the rework of the cliffhanger they went back on as they weren't too happy about the outcome or something but from what I remember it was only the rendering that was left to do.

hypnouser

May 14, 2017
I think it was the rework of the cliffhanger they went back on as they weren't too happy about the outcome or something but from what I remember it was only the rendering that was left to do.
The script and programming are done. That means that the way the cliffhanger is solved, is already set. The problem is that there is no renders available for those scenes xD.

Till they are created, there is nothing that can be done.

EDIT: With "those scenes", I am reffering to the scenes of the game at its whole, not specifically to the ones that show us how the cliffhanger is solved

Last edited:

keer

Jun 20, 2017
Patreon is great for all kinds of artists out there, but completely unsuitable for game developers. Because the developer receives money for the PROCESS and not for the result. As a result, we have what we have. :love:

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
You do not want to pay for empty promises, but are eager to play wathever they release. You have also the nerve to make demands.
Well I agree wit the sentiment... but in some cases this is actualy a justified opinion I'd say (ICStor&Co for example).
Generalizing to much by antogonizing Patreon however goes to far.

Reactions: Haast and hypnouser

keer

Jun 20, 2017
Do not confuse the news with the release. After all, others post information about the development. After all, there will be a release anyway!

• Angry
Reactions: hypnouser

italicus

Jun 18, 2017
The fact is that if there were no delays, he would say nothing.

It could be said that he is acting like a "Choosing Beggar".
Please do explain how stating facts is acting like a choosing beggar. You should really get off from your high horse, Mr. Paying Patron. As I already stated I myself was paying until October when I clearly recognised the pattern of no progress reports as a really big red flag indicating a fundamental problem in the dev "team" (which I'm not sure exists or has ever existed).
Free speech is a thing so get over it. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and if you or anybody else can provide facts to counter it, please do. Otherwise let keer enjoy making fun of a dead game.

keer

Jun 20, 2017
If there is an opportunity, why not discuss and laugh ?? There is no news from the developer anyway, 2020 has come! :unsure: :D

Mormont

Devoted Member
Nov 30, 2018
There is another game The Tyrant which I think a few of you are familiar with the dev for that was the same with no news but he had a pretty good excuse think both games have had roughly the same delay so if that guy can get some news out why no news here :unsure:

bobmonk

Oct 11, 2019
I wonder how many people come into this thread anymore with any hope of an actual release update, I think since the start of Jan most people go into this thread just to see the dumpster fire rather than still having much hope of the next version out.

Personally I agree with keer that patreon does not lend itself to the best way for game development, sure if you have a reliable and good dev then it 100% is viable. However for a lot of devs, the potential for abuse is too big, as seen on this project and many others. You have to be very discerning with whom you support.

I am a pirate (arrggghh) but once completed, I buy the game or do a one off payment to the dev (assuming said game is good). Everyone has their own moral compass and best way of doing things, I prefer to pay based on the end result rather than the creative journey. I think no more or less for those that use patreon or never give the dev any money... ultimately those people were never going to be customers so it is no lost revenue and pirates telling others about the game is advertising which is beneficial at the end of the day.

Only our own actions can effect change in the world around us, so instead of losing your shit at others. Just do what you think is morally right rather than attacking others, it is very rare the hostility or name calling achieves anything productive after all. So chill out and be civil or NTR will be put in every game you play to punish you.

Reactions: Cernunnos. and keer

hakulaku97

Mar 13, 2019
I wonder how many people come into this thread anymore with any hope of an actual release update, I think since the start of Jan most people go into this thread just to see the dumpster fire rather than still having much hope of the next version out.

Personally I agree with keer that patreon does not lend itself to the best way for game development, sure if you have a reliable and good dev then it 100% is viable. However for a lot of devs, the potential for abuse is too big, as seen on this project and many others. You have to be very discerning with whom you support.

I am a pirate (arrggghh) but once completed, I buy the game or do a one off payment to the dev (assuming said game is good). Everyone has their own moral compass and best way of doing things, I prefer to pay based on the end result rather than the creative journey. I think no more or less for those that use patreon or never give the dev any money... ultimately those people were never going to be customers so it is no lost revenue and pirates telling others about the game is advertising which is beneficial at the end of the day.

Only our own actions can effect change in the world around us, so instead of losing your shit at others. Just do what you think is morally right rather than attacking others, it is very rare the hostility or name calling achieves anything productive after all. So chill out and be civil or NTR will be put in every game you play to punish you.
oh noez, not NTR have mercy:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

3.80 star(s) 47 Votes