4.30 star(s) 63 Votes

deleonard

Mar 24, 2020
Here's the post from subscribestar:

Back in Business

Wow I'm bad at updating when there's not much to say. But now there's stuff to say, so here's the update.

Since my last update, I've found a day here or there to add a few scenes. It's been a bit productive. Challenge is, suppose there's an event with your lover written into the game. That means nine iterations of that scene need to be written (Susan, Todd, Thruple, Cade, Olivier, Jack, Nazarov, Katie, Single). So a bit of writing here or there means over two weeks I might finish one scene! It's not enough to meaningfully progress the update.

The Good Son has gotten too big, too unwieldy. Choices, paths, consequences. The complexity is exponential and I'm feeling it.

Luckily, the game is almost done. I'm very much looking forward to writing a new game where there are fewer distinct paths in the beginning. But that's just the reality as any game nears the end of its development cycle. You've grown as a developer, you see its flaws, it gets on your nerves... but you still need to complete it. I love this game and I will see it finished.

So, here's the exciting, update-worthy news.

I have time.

Things have really opened up for me at work. I will have a bunch of full 24-hour days to just go insane full hermit writer-mode for the next week. And that's what I'm going to do.

I hate giving deadlines because I basically always miss them. But by the end of next weekend (August 6th or so), this thing should be done and released. I mean, I finally have the time, I have the willpower, I have the ideas. Now I can put them into Twine.

So, who had 'early August' on their betting sheet?

Cloudchaser

Jan 24, 2018
How many hours does a playthrough take?
Really depends on how much and how fast you read. And if you do other activities along the way. But it takes quite a bit of hours, as some of it is also just "Open World HTML" busiwork. Without it, it might be 5-7 hours, otherwise you can double it.

Sluttymomlov

Jan 6, 2023
Need help. After the auction Arc its shows breaking up with Susan as the only option but I need her in order to corrupt olivi( the girl from gym) and I don't know the games seems boring without date nights with susan. ( I didn't use the cheat room)

gooberdoober

Jun 28, 2018
Need help. After the auction Arc its shows breaking up with Susan as the only option but I need her in order to corrupt olivi( the girl from gym) and I don't know the games seems boring without date nights with susan. ( I didn't use the cheat room)
All depends on what paths you are on... if oliver was the one to win the auction then there is no break up for instance... but if you are on the gangster guy path, name eludes me atm, then you are locked in to his path. but you will start dating him on date night instead.

Sluttymomlov

Jan 6, 2023
Please tell me if there is a way to avoid breaking up with susion after the auction as whatever way it goes you break up with her

4.30 star(s) 63 Votes