Unity The Handyman [v1.1.2] [thecyborgmummy]

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes

hoborg

Jul 8, 2017
Search thread for save location.
Its in Appdata I think, so unless you delete that from your old game, its the same as continuing.

I could use an updated save if anyone has one though.

Reactions: himler

beepbop412

Jun 11, 2021
First comment ever but this game definitely deserves it.

Honestly expected nothing but a quick tug and pull down south but after the first couple of "days," I became engrossed by what it had to offer. Game was so good that I unlocked all scenes and most cosmetics after just a couple of real life days. Nothing but respect to thecyborgmummy for making such a detailed and well-thought out product. From the branching narratives, the characters' diverse personalities (You could honestly encounter these people in real life), to the mystery revolving around Tanya and the Church of Infinity:illuminati:, it has all the makings of a fully-funded adult game akin to that of House Party and Leisure Suit Larry.

What's more impressive is the fact that this is a one-man team developing the game. Now that's a real Handyman right there:coffee:

With the praises out of the way, I just have a couple of questions/suggestions:
(1) Are the "(not available until Day _)" next to certain cosmetic names in the shop a hint as to which day they can be found in? If so, I can't seem to find some cosmetics for Sonam. In particular the double pig tails (until day 7) and the make-up (until day 10).
(2) mr.thecyborgmummy, do you have plans on releasing this on Steam? This hidden gem needs more recognition and putting it up for sale on a popular platform could possibly boost its visibility.
(3) Furthermore, do you have plans on making a Patreon so we can provide more support beyond itch.io?
(4) A more meta question but are you a horror buff? With the horror movie references, the spooky stuff in the game, and a bonus "day" dedicated to Halloween, I'm getting a sense that you might either be a huge fan of the stuff or worked in some B-movies (either which is equally cool).
(5) Given that you can't have a custom name for the MC due to lore reasons (like the Granite nickname Danna gives you), maybe we can have a customization option for Grant instead for a more personal experience. Only lore "inconsistency" would probably be the "Painting a Black Hawk" event with Karli depending on the skin tone but that could be ignored.

I guess the only negative thing I can say about this game is that its connection with these horror themes can sometimes ruin a good wank:HideThePain: (especially that one jumpscare in Tanya's closet). BUT don't let that ruin anything you potentially have planned in the future.

Anyway, Happy Holidays/New Year to all and cheers to more visits from the Handyman:geek:

Edit* Oh and a little follow-up question based on something I noticed. HEAVY SPOILER WARNING depending on accuracy but just in case DO NOT READ unless you are dev: is the Dean supposed to be the woman in the Pork Hub video?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
First comment ever but this game definitely deserves it.

Honestly expected nothing but a quick tug and pull down south but after the first couple of "days," I became engrossed by what it had to offer. Game was so good that I unlocked all scenes and most cosmetics after just a couple of real life days. Nothing but respect to thecyborgmummy for making such a detailed and well-thought out product. From the branching narratives, the characters' diverse personalities (You could honestly encounter these people in real life), to the mystery revolving around Tanya and the Church of Infinity:illuminati:, it has all the makings of a fully-funded adult game akin to that of House Party and Leisure Suit Larry.

What's more impressive is the fact that this is a one-man team developing the game. Now that's a real Handyman right there:coffee:

With the praises out of the way, I just have a couple of questions/suggestions:
(1) Are the "(not available until Day _)" next to certain cosmetic names in the shop a hint as to which day they can be found in? If so, I can't seem to find some cosmetics for Sonam. In particular the double pig tails (until day 7) and the make-up (until day 10).
(2) mr.thecyborgmummy, do you have plans on releasing this on Steam? This hidden gem needs more recognition and putting it up for sale on a popular platform could possibly boost its visibility.
(3) Furthermore, do you have plans on making a Patreon so we can provide more support beyond itch.io?
(4) A more meta question but are you a horror buff? With the horror movie references, the spooky stuff in the game, and a bonus "day" dedicated to Halloween, I'm getting a sense that you might either be a huge fan of the stuff or worked in some B-movies (either which is equally cool).
(5) Given that you can't have a custom name for the MC due to lore reasons (like the Granite nickname Danna gives you), maybe we can have a customization option for Grant instead for a more personal experience. Only lore "inconsistency" would probably be the "Painting a Black Hawk" event with Karli depending on the skin tone but that could be ignored.

I guess the only negative thing I can say about this game is that its connection with these horror themes can sometimes ruin a good wank:HideThePain: (especially that one jumpscare in Tanya's closet). BUT don't let that ruin anything you potentially have planned in the future.

Anyway, Happy Holidays/New Year to all and cheers to more visits from the Handyman:geek:

Edit* Oh and a little follow-up question based on something I noticed. HEAVY SPOILER WARNING depending on accuracy but just in case DO NOT READ unless you are dev: is the Dean supposed to be the woman in the Pork Hub video?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Really appreciate you taking the time to write this. Sincerely, these types of comments are worth more to me than money that could be made from Patreon or Steam.

I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can. I believe all unlockables which have a min-day requirement can be found on the day of the requirement, but I'm not 100% certain of that. I am certain that the 2 Sonam unlockables you are looking for are found on those days and that they are Event Dependent 'Learned the cats names' and 'SURPRISE'.

I have no intention of starting a Patreon or any other crowd-funding. I have nothing against those platforms or those who use them, but i do feel like they can distort the nature of the relationship between a creator and their supporters. Particularly in the game-creating realm, where there can be wild swings in the amount of time it takes to produce new content, there becomes an increasing gray area of what value a month is worth, or alternatively a release is worth. That's a fine line I don't wish to walk and a time-pressure I can live without. You don't have to look far on this website to find plenty of games/creators who are at odds with their player base because of perceived 'milking,' whether fair or not. The Handyman was never/will never be a source of real income for me, and that's ok.

Steam on the other hand is something that could happen down the line, though I have no imminent plans to take the game there.

I don't know that I would call myself a horror buff, but I am someone who enjoys/appreciates the genre as well as sci-fiction and the supernatural, particularly when it's a unique mythology. the day of the dead was specifically put together for halloween and since it's not canon, i could go a little nuts with it.

Something that I have noticed, is that there are a million zombie games out there, but almost none of them touch on the initial outbreak. They almost all put you in the middle of the post-apocalypse with the threat already established, you just need to shoot or ninja your way out of it. you've got a few like the Last of Us which puts you in control during the outbreak... kind of. it let's you steer which way joel runs during that initial chaos, but that's about it. they don't let you make any real decisions because they know, that YOU know that this is a zombie game. That if you were walking down an ally and you saw a guy on the ground moaning, you're not going to stop to help him. but there's no reason for a character in one of these types of games to NOT stop by and check on the poor dude. There's a disconnect between the characters understanding of the situation, and the players. so most games don't bother to try to simulate this, or if they do, they take control away from the player at this point, and they make the character do something the player doesn't want to.

What if the player didn't know they were in a zombie game? What if you were several hours into GTA, pulling off heists and all the other shenanigan's that goes on there, when you suddenly see one pedestrian vomiting blood into the face of another pedestrian 28-days-later style. I think my instinct would be, "did I just see that right?" And to get closer... "what's going on here?" Totally different reaction than if i'm playing The Last of Us, and way more in line with the character. But then again, i still have all of my existing knowledge of zombies and how they are supposed to behave, and that i need to shoot them in the head, don't get bit, etc. So even though it's unexpected, I'm probably wary of the situation. It almost would be better to do something that was unique. Something where the player didn't understand what the rules of engagement were. Just a thought.

As far as Grant customization, it depends to what degree of customization you were looking for. If you just mean basically the same thing the girls have access to, hair, outfits, make up (facial hair, i guess), yeah that could done without a ton of trouble. if you were looking for something more, i don't think it's going to happen. being able to change body shape would create issues with the animation. similar to the issues you see if you swap in tall characters, like brooke, into scenes that were created for short people, like danna, in the animation mode. yes, you can do it, but the proportions are all off. i could, for instance, let you make Grant very tall, with really long legs... but as soon as you put him in the sex scene, his legs would be right back to default length because the animation was built for a default Grant character. other aspects, like say the girth of Grant's chest, which would not be affected by this specific problem (so let's say you wanted a really buff Grant), would run into clipping issues, like for instance in the initial scene with Karli where she puts her hand on Grants chest (now her hand is going through Grants chest because it sticks out another inch). Skin color could be sort of workable, but it would fairly limited because while most of the characters skin is just set by a color value in the game, their faces are actual PNGs with the color baked into them. So if skin color was changeable, it would be to a handful of colors that I have preset because I would have premade PNGs for the faces. But that creates more complications with having facial hair options because I either need to premake the PNGs for each version of skin color with each version of facial hair (so if I had 3 skin colors and 3 types of facial hair, I need 9 unique images... plus they all need versions which have a black eye, so really I need 18 images just do 3 skin colors and 3 types of facial hair.), or I need to build an ingame system to overlay the images on top of each other. In my opinion, neither of those are worth the effort to get a couple of skin color variations.

as to your inquiry about the Dean... I'll just say that would be pretty HYPOCRITICAL of her if that WAS her.

have a happy new year :)

beepbop412

Jun 11, 2021
Really appreciate you taking the time to write this. Sincerely, these types of comments are worth more to me than money that could be made from Patreon or Steam.

I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can. I believe all unlockables which have a min-day requirement can be found on the day of the requirement, but I'm not 100% certain of that. I am certain that the 2 Sonam unlockables you are looking for are found on those days and that they are Event Dependent 'Learned the cats names' and 'SURPRISE'.

I have no intention of starting a Patreon or any other crowd-funding. I have nothing against those platforms or those who use them, but i do feel like they can distort the nature of the relationship between a creator and their supporters. Particularly in the game-creating realm, where there can be wild swings in the amount of time it takes to produce new content, there becomes an increasing gray area of what value a month is worth, or alternatively a release is worth. That's a fine line I don't wish to walk and a time-pressure I can live without. You don't have to look far on this website to find plenty of games/creators who are at odds with their player base because of perceived 'milking,' whether fair or not. The Handyman was never/will never be a source of real income for me, and that's ok.

Steam on the other hand is something that could happen down the line, though I have no imminent plans to take the game there.

I don't know that I would call myself a horror buff, but I am someone who enjoys/appreciates the genre as well as sci-fiction and the supernatural, particularly when it's a unique mythology. the day of the dead was specifically put together for halloween and since it's not canon, i could go a little nuts with it.

Something that I have noticed, is that there are a million zombie games out there, but almost none of them touch on the initial outbreak. They almost all put you in the middle of the post-apocalypse with the threat already established, you just need to shoot or ninja your way out of it. you've got a few like the Last of Us which puts you in control during the outbreak... kind of. it let's you steer which way joel runs during that initial chaos, but that's about it. they don't let you make any real decisions because they know, that YOU know that this is a zombie game. That if you were walking down an ally and you saw a guy on the ground moaning, you're not going to stop to help him. but there's no reason for a character in one of these types of games to NOT stop by and check on the poor dude. There's a disconnect between the characters understanding of the situation, and the players. so most games don't bother to try to simulate this, or if they do, they take control away from the player at this point, and they make the character do something the player doesn't want to.

What if the player didn't know they were in a zombie game? What if you were several hours into GTA, pulling off heists and all the other shenanigan's that goes on there, when you suddenly see one pedestrian vomiting blood into the face of another pedestrian 28-days-later style. I think my instinct would be, "did I just see that right?" And to get closer... "what's going on here?" Totally different reaction than if i'm playing The Last of Us, and way more in line with the character. But then again, i still have all of my existing knowledge of zombies and how they are supposed to behave, and that i need to shoot them in the head, don't get bit, etc. So even though it's unexpected, I'm probably wary of the situation. It almost would be better to do something that was unique. Something where the player didn't understand what the rules of engagement were. Just a thought.

As far as Grant customization, it depends to what degree of customization you were looking for. If you just mean basically the same thing the girls have access to, hair, outfits, make up (facial hair, i guess), yeah that could done without a ton of trouble. if you were looking for something more, i don't think it's going to happen. being able to change body shape would create issues with the animation. similar to the issues you see if you swap in tall characters, like brooke, into scenes that were created for short people, like danna, in the animation mode. yes, you can do it, but the proportions are all off. i could, for instance, let you make Grant very tall, with really long legs... but as soon as you put him in the sex scene, his legs would be right back to default length because the animation was built for a default Grant character. other aspects, like say the girth of Grant's chest, which would not be affected by this specific problem (so let's say you wanted a really buff Grant), would run into clipping issues, like for instance in the initial scene with Karli where she puts her hand on Grants chest (now her hand is going through Grants chest because it sticks out another inch). Skin color could be sort of workable, but it would fairly limited because while most of the characters skin is just set by a color value in the game, their faces are actual PNGs with the color baked into them. So if skin color was changeable, it would be to a handful of colors that I have preset because I would have premade PNGs for the faces. But that creates more complications with having facial hair options because I either need to premake the PNGs for each version of skin color with each version of facial hair (so if I had 3 skin colors and 3 types of facial hair, I need 9 unique images... plus they all need versions which have a black eye, so really I need 18 images just do 3 skin colors and 3 types of facial hair.), or I need to build an ingame system to overlay the images on top of each other. In my opinion, neither of those are worth the effort to get a couple of skin color variations.

as to your inquiry about the Dean... I'll just say that would be pretty HYPOCRITICAL of her if that WAS her.

have a happy new year :)
Thanks for the detailed response! The depth you put into describing both the physical and mental processes you undergo with this game just left me more at awe at how much work goes into game development:coffee:. I'll definitely keep in mind:WeSmart: your "zombie outbreak" rhetoric in all the future products with unexpected/surprise genre shifts I encounter.

Looking forward to what's in store for this game (especially with the Dean:BootyTime:) and hoping for its much deserved greater success!

Lemmington

Sep 7, 2020
Anyone Kind enough to share Save files for this game?!! Always find myself back to this game every now and then after substantial updates. I kinda lost my savefile after internal cleaning, and just tired of doing a rerun again cuz it's not the 1st time it happens.

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
not played yet just want to ask is there only 10 days gameplay?
Yes, and in story terms it doesn't get that far. However, this is not a VN - you got 10 tasks (which are combining sub tasks themselves) and some time with the girls as a reward for solving them. The term "days" is misleading when you take other games with major story development as a comparison.

Ragzul

Oct 15, 2019
not played yet just want to ask is there only 10 days gameplay?
Along with a previous reply to your comment, there's also branching stories for characters. Adds replay-ability. You can also change the art style in game in the options menu. Makes the visual appeal objectively better. And each girl can be customized (clothes, hairstyle, makeup). The game is surprisingly pleasant and enjoyable. Just be sure that you have a decent graphics card. :p

beepbop412

Jun 11, 2021
[Bad News - thecyborgmummy's Channel Terminated]

Just checked around the thread recently to see if anything new was up on the socials and sadly came across the fact that the thecyborgmummy's (CM) Youtube Channel has been terminated.

Despite mostly providing SFW trailers and highly informative Dev Logs, the platform decided to delete his content (which is absolutely bull**** given that other NSFW developers have channels doing the same [i.e. Eek Games] and that you can find what's basically softcore content uploaded years ago still up on the site, Youtube hypocrisy at its finest).

PSA to any possible fans out there that downloaded these Dev Logs since they're of pretty high quality and show the progress of the game.

Won't tag CM to avoid bothering him but suggestion to upload any stored vids on the official " OR to any NSFW friendly sites such as good ol' PH or Xvids.

Reactions: DedL0l and pgm_01

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Just to clear up any confusion, while it is true that the original youtube channel was deleted by youtube, that happened a couple of years ago. The current channel is still around

This was never updated here on F95zone for whatever reason.

I rarely post to the YouTube channel because it's difficult to do devlog videos given the genre of game that I am creating. Given YouTubes restrictions, I dare not tread to close to sexual content. The other interesting aspects of the game are the puzzles and story elements, none of which do I want to spoil. So that doesn't leave me with much to cover in the devlogs unfortunately.

I am considering doing another devlog with some coverage of the deans office in the near future.

Ragzul

Oct 15, 2019
Just to clear up any confusion, while it is true that the original youtube channel was deleted by youtube, that happened a couple of years ago. The current channel is still around

I rarely post to the YouTube channel because it's difficult to do devlog videos given the genre of game that I am creating. Given YouTubes restrictions, I dare not tread to close to sexual content. The other interesting aspects of the game are the puzzles and story elements, none of which do I want to spoil. So that doesn't leave me with much to cover in the devlogs unfortunately.

I am considering doing another devlog with some coverage of the deans office in the near future.
I for one am very much looking forward to your next chapter for the series. you actually weaved gameplay into a naughty game. And it doesn't hinder the latter detail. If I may ask for one thing for the next chapter.... Is it at all possible to refine the first person perspective? Some of the animations in spicy scenes make character heads merge, making the spicy scene into a straight up comedy/horror scene. Floating eyeballs and dentures, :eek: (not quite enough to scare away a stiffy, but darn close!)

ohohuoui9o

Dec 23, 2021
Started playing it from scratch. So downloaded it again just for the fun of it.

Now the game seems bugged. Because when u start the game on day one. It says day six in the game, plus the starting monologue won't trigger. Anyone having the same issue?
I'm having the same issue... I played this game before and i would love to play it again :/
EDIT: I got it to work by downloading it from workfile instead of gofile

Last edited:

beepbop412

Jun 11, 2021

WHOOPS my bad. Got a little too provoked seeing that terminated notification:WutFace: Looking forward to all future content:Kappa:

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes