Unity The Handyman [v1.1.2] [thecyborgmummy]

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Not likely as some existing and future dialog is related to the fact that the main characters name is Grant. Allowing name change would break that.

helenalove

Jan 3, 2018
I do not want to rain on anyone's parade, but I am kind of concerned about the future content and the gameplay time to new content time ratio.
The mutual exclusivity of scenes has already been increasing over time and now on day 10 we have a 3 route split (Oki, Araceli and neither) on top of a 2 route split (sonams party or Tanya new challenge) with an uncertain other 3 way split (the 3 door events)
In a paradoxical way the game is becoming more linear by splitting up into these girlfriend routes and it basically incentivizes not playing and waiting until all content is out, so that you do not have to go back a few days per route to swap the girlfriend.
This basically feels like you are tylering yourself.
I miss the clever ways in which you could maneuver to get multiple scenes or the ways in which you could circumvent some consequences by doing something else.

Day 9 was already kind of a warning sign because it had tons of purely negative consequences for having fun in the earlier game and even 2 mutually exclusive scenes out of 3. The rest of it was probably setup for some future stuff.

I really love the game, but it feels like it is becoming more of a restrictive visual novel instead of having this puzzle game freedom.

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
I do not want to rain on anyone's parade, but I am kind of concerned about the future content and the gameplay time to new content time ratio.
The mutual exclusivity of scenes has already been increasing over time and now on day 10 we have a 3 route split (Oki, Araceli and neither) on top of a 2 route split (sonams party or Tanya new challenge) with an uncertain other 3 way split (the 3 door events)
In a paradoxical way the game is becoming more linear by splitting up into these girlfriend routes and it basically incentivizes not playing and waiting until all content is out, so that you do not have to go back a few days per route to swap the girlfriend.
This basically feels like you are tylering yourself.
I miss the clever ways in which you could maneuver to get multiple scenes or the ways in which you could circumvent some consequences by doing something else.

Day 9 was already kind of a warning sign because it had tons of purely negative consequences for having fun in the earlier game and even 2 mutually exclusive scenes out of 3. The rest of it was probably setup for some future stuff.

I really love the game, but it feels like it is becoming more of a restrictive visual novel instead of having this puzzle game freedom.
Hi, thanks for playing and for the feedback. let me try to address your concerns as best i can. so to start with, you are no doubt correct that each installment takes longer to produce than the last. with maybe an exception or two, this has always been the case though. making a day takes a lot of work, even the simplest day, and when i reach the end of development on one, i generally need to take a break from day building. So I tend to focus on other elements for a while. This is the time where i have built things like the animation mode and the store.

Let me try to address your broader point regarding events and specifically the girlfriends. fundamentally, this is a game of consequences. consequences does not mean negative consequences, it means that there is a chain of cause and effect. The event system becomes pointless if A- all roads lead to the same outcome, or B- the choices given to the player are not difficult to make. It's meant to be a difficult decision to become oki or araceli's boyfriend.

here is how i try to approach these event splits: When i have an idea that i think is cool or fun that would be the result of an event, i then ask myself, how can i make the opposite also fun/interesting? if i come to the conclusion that Karli painting a picture of Grant leads to them having sex on day 5, i ask myself how i can make it interesting if that DOESN'T happen? How can I make day 5 fun if that event didn't happen? The answer that i came up with, was that you could potentially body paint with Tanya. On day 9, are there purely negative consequences? or maybe are there interesting things to come, regardless of how things played out?

Let me be clear, if i didn't make events have different outcomes, there would simply be less content. a world in which these events did not split off story lines would not be a world in which you suddenly had access to 7 scenes on day 10. it would be a world in which probably only 2 scenes existed on day 10 period. The sex scene with araceli on day 6 only exists at all because i had the idea to branch the story with araceli. initially day 6 only had the scene with shontel.

i think i am probably fighting a losing battle against human psychology because i want people to be excited for a new day, so i post a teaser that hints at a lot of the content. but ultimately, because people see all the possibilities, they just end up disappointed with the things they did not get.

i can't tell you how to play the game, whether you should wait til it's all done or not, all i can tell you is my intention with how i am making it. i want your decisions to matter, and i want them to lead to interesting outcomes. i want your play through to be different than the next guys and for you to experience different things from him.

Take care :)

OmegaVAM

May 20, 2018
Not sure why but the game won't launch for me, when I use the .exe it shows up in Task Manager but nothing actually launches.

I Sour

Dec 1, 2019
Just for everyone to know, it doesnt matter how many times you get the shield with Shontel, it just repeats over and over.
is this the grid mini game? can someone explain to me how this one works? is it minesweeper? what do the different symbols mean? I've tried it 4 times with Danna on day 4, and I am getting kind of sick and tired of restarting the day and spending 5min to get the scene just to have 5s to figure out what the hell i'm supposed to do with no instruction, I have searched for the answer to no avail

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
is this the grid mini game? can someone explain to me how this one works? is it minesweeper? what do the different symbols mean? I've tried it 4 times with Danna on day 4, and I am getting kind of sick and tired of restarting the day and spending 5min to get the scene just to have 5s to figure out what the hell i'm supposed to do with no instruction, I have searched for the answer to no avail
Note, to make sure you are getting instructions prior to a new minigame, make sure you have not turned off game tips in the options menu.

You are trying to find the shield. select a tile within the grid. The closer the tile is to the shield, the brighter the remaining tiles will become.
shield.png

the tiles start as a neutral gray. when you select a tile to check, pay attention to how the surrounding tiles change color. if the color gets lighter, you are getting closer, if the tiles get darker you are getting farther away.

2 additional notes: 1- each time you select a tile, you lose time, so don't just spam. 2- you've already unlocked the scene in the animation mode if you've gotten to the mini-game, so if the mini-game isn't to your liking, there's no benefit to you to keep trying.

I Sour

Dec 1, 2019
Note, to make sure you are getting instructions prior to a new minigame, make sure you have not turned off game tips in the options menu.

You are trying to find the shield. select a tile within the grid. The closer the tile is to the shield, the brighter the remaining tiles will become.
View attachment 2124894

the tiles start as a neutral gray. when you select a tile to check, pay attention to how the surrounding tiles change color. if the color gets lighter, you are getting closer, if the tiles get darker you are getting farther away.

2 additional notes: 1- each time you select a tile, you lose time, so don't just spam. 2- you've already unlocked the scene in the animation mode if you've gotten to the mini-game, so if the mini-game isn't to your liking, there's no benefit to you to keep trying.
THANK YOU, I'm turning off tool tips now, and yeah, I know I unlocked it in animations, but I still like beating all minigames in these games, even some of the annoying ones in being a dik, before I move on or use a cheat to bypass them on a different playthrough

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
As was mentioned by bigdaddy, there is no beating this specific mini-game. You go until you lose. it's a decent way to earn credits if you can last long though.

FenrisWolfe

Aug 11, 2017
Ok can someone let me know what the hell is going on with the ghost, no bull but I am actually confused.

M-shan

Jun 1, 2020
The game freezes when the handyman about to cum in Karli couch ride scene 1st day. Capture.PNG
update: It seems like my Boi is cumming so hard it causes the game to freeze....

Last edited:

taylordemote

Oct 6, 2018
Started playing it from scratch. So downloaded it again just for the fun of it.

Now the game seems bugged. Because when u start the game on day one. It says day six in the game, plus the starting monologue won't trigger. Anyone having the same issue?

Reactions: ohohuoui9o
4.30 star(s) 32 Votes