Unity The Handyman [v1.1.2] [thecyborgmummy]

4.30 star(s) 32 Votes

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
help Tanya with her research, while doing so tell her Shontel is your favorite in the dorm.
Then start scene with Shontel. You will have a new dialog option.
Thank you very much, sir!
I kind of suspected Tanya's research could factor into this.

Speaking of which. I occasionally run into this bug with Shontel's lewd scene on day 6.
When using the fan on her forces Grant into a skipping/looping walk animation after which the progress bar vanishes. Closing/cancelling the scene only seems to break the game further as now you're also locked with the camera angles specific for that scene.

Reactions: thecyborgmummy

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Thank you very much, sir!
I kind of suspected Tanya's research could factor into this.

Speaking of which. I occasionally run into this bug with Shontel's lewd scene on day 6.
When using the fan on her forces Grant into a skipping/looping walk animation after which the progress bar vanishes. Closing/cancelling the scene only seems to break the game further as now you're also locked with the camera angles specific for that scene.
yes, there is occasionally some wonkiness if you are very close to the interaction point for a scene when you click on whatever you need to click on to start the interaction. he'll be close enough to start the interaction, but not close enough for the scene to maintain itself which causes some hiccups. it's something i've been meaning to fix.

Reactions: flippityflop

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
yes, there is occasionally some wonkiness if you are very close to the interaction point for a scene when you click on whatever you need to click on to start the interaction. he'll be close enough to start the interaction, but not close enough for the scene to maintain itself which causes some hiccups. it's something i've been meaning to fix.
Yeah, I sort of figured that was the case. That's why as a workaround I started using the fan from further away. It seemed to mitigate the problem most of the time. But, on the other hand, using this approach (no pun intended) can cause some animation bugs for Shontel.

Somehow I managed to get it right on my tenth attempt or something like that. And honestly, I think it was pure luck. Or a miracle.

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Yeah, I sort of figured that was the case. That's why as a workaround I started using the fan from further away. It seemed to mitigate the problem most of the time. But, on the other hand, using this approach (no pun intended) can cause some animation bugs for Shontel.

Somehow I managed to get it right on my tenth attempt or something like that. And honestly, I think it was pure luck. Or a miracle.
What kind of animation bugs are you seeing? do you have any video of it?

Last edited:

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Yes. She's holding the book like she would during the normal conversation, except she's focused on Grant, as in directly looking at him.
You're certain the animation isn't changing? it starts out very subtle with her just extending her foot toward Grant and gently rubbing his foot. it takes a while before she begins to raise her leg to rub his thigh.

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
You're certain the animation isn't changing? it starts out very subtle with her just extending her foot toward Grant and gently rubbing his foot. it takes a while before she begins to raise her leg to rub his thigh.
Yes, I'm sure. Even when the progress bar was full, she was still locked in the first phase of the animation.

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Yes, I'm sure. Even when the progress bar was full, she was still locked in the first phase of the animation.
yeah, i'd say that's pretty definitive. weird. i've never seen that behavior. the original issue you've brought up should now be fixed. i honestly don't know if it will also resolve the other issue you're running to, as i've never seen that one.

Reactions: flippityflop

flippityflop

Jun 29, 2020
yeah, i'd say that's pretty definitive. weird. i've never seen that behavior. the original issue you've brought up should now be fixed. i honestly don't know if it will also resolve the other issue you're running to, as i've never seen that one.
I'm gonna test this a few more times on my end, just to be sure.

lameforumname

Nov 15, 2017
Does anyone have a fully detailed walkthrough for the game? I feel like I'm missing stuff. I don't know how to start the scene with Shontel on day 6. Any help with that one?

Dokaibee

May 25, 2017
Hey ! Is there any save or walkthrough until day 8 ? Did the previous days but I lost all my saves when my ssd died, just bought the game on itch.io but I want to be able to start day 8 without worrying on the before !

Thanks in advance o/

thecyborgmummy

Game Developer
Aug 2, 2019
Hey ! Is there any save or walkthrough until day 8 ? Did the previous days but I lost all my saves when my ssd died, just bought the game on itch.io but I want to be able to start day 8 without worrying on the before !

Thanks in advance o/
if you go back a page EgoSpastic posted a save file

Reactions: Dokaibee
4.30 star(s) 32 Votes