anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
Why do you people believe you are "entitled"? Unless you are actually donating money, you get the game for nothing. The dev has already devoted his time to creating pleasure & entertainment for you, but apparently thats not enough. He doesn't work for you. Learn to be patient. If the game is ultimately abandoned. you'll just have to chalk that up to one of life's little dissappointments.

sf_dom

Jun 11, 2018
The simplest answer is usually the right one. As support for the game went up, output went down.
It tends to be a common problem, and I find that it often comes down to scope creep or similar issues where success causes a creator to let things balloon out too much. Either because they feel like they now have the ability to do it or because success makes them feel more pressure to put out a better product. More features, higher quality (and remakes), or other issues become more important than actually releasing. More people need a solid roadmap and the ability to stick to the initial plan.

Is that the case here? No idea, but it happens often enough to be a concern.

CuteLilNori

Sep 10, 2022
... However, eventually, these class punishments will be for all the students and will include some of the headmasters' more advanced punishment methods...
Got back to read the recent dev. update again, so basically those girls that have not been spanked before (like Ada, Nina...) will soon get the first one. Only time will tell when we can get to see them get the first spanking!

Last edited:
Reactions: Madmoiselle Chiffre

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Honestly, if he wants to realeasse as much content with a bigger team for the first time and also "work under the hood" it will take more time, at least for the first and maybe secound releasse after the decision was made. Then the releasses will go up either on scale, quality or speed. It is just a basic principle of product manufacturing observed on all production lines over the world. Nothing new, nothing alarming, nothing worrying. No need to start rumors and conspiration theories. Here the devs and their associates seams serious in their endavour. So I'm not worried by the slight delay. (yes this kind of delay is small for an expanding team)

Personaly I am most looking forward to that work under the hood. somany games have half baked, janky, unusable features. If this one can have a robust footing, It will be way more enjoyable to play.

jkj54

Jan 15, 2020
Why do you people believe you are "entitled"? Unless you are actually donating money, you get the game for nothing. The dev has already devoted his time to creating pleasure & entertainment for you, but apparently thats not enough. He doesn't work for you. Learn to be patient. If the game is ultimately abandoned. you'll just have to chalk that up to one of life's little dissappointments.
This is why we have 0 oversight in the production of products in general/decrees in quality of products rising homeless cars with broken engines from the factory and or over 8 recalls in the first 6 months and genetic modified food.

Big or small just say hey chapter 2 is done then walk away but to walk away without a ending is kinda bs aswell there are some out there that abandoned the game but keep taking in that cash every month.

We need standardization in every sector
Regulation put in place to keep everything in check

I use subscribe star support creators but not having a return feature or making a contract never liked that.

If i gave a contractor three thousand dollars to paint my garage there would be paper to be signed if you take my money piss on the wall throw a paint can and walk away there would be trouble.

So why can users take over two thousand dollars say they are doing X then just walk away doing less than 2% of the work 0 issues?

See the situation?

The gaming space in alot of ways is like the wild west so is the new internet with nfts/bitcoin/blockchain/micro transactions etc.

There are other sectors out there for sure like the new ai tech confusing fake or real but but gamers need protection

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
This is why we have 0 oversight in the production of products in general/decrees in quality of products rising homeless cars with broken engines from the factory and or over 8 recalls in the first 6 months and genetic modified food.

Big or small just say hey chapter 2 is done then walk away but to walk away without a ending is kinda bs aswell there are some out there that abandoned the game but keep taking in that cash every month.

We need standardization in every sector
Regulation put in place to keep everything in check

I use subscribe star support creators but not having a return feature or making a contract never liked that.

If i gave a contractor three thousand dollars to paint my garage there would be paper to be signed if you take my money piss on the wall throw a paint can and walk away there would be trouble.

So why can users take over two thousand dollars say they are doing X then just walk away doing less than 2% of the work 0 issues?

See the situation?

The gaming space in alot of ways is like the wild west so is the new internet with nfts/bitcoin/blockchain/micro transactions etc.

There are other sectors out there for sure like the new ai tech confusing fake or real but but gamers need protection
As it is OT and should not be needed to be teached (again and again and again).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

jkj54

Jan 15, 2020

I never said do not use these services nor do not support a creator so many put words in my mouth.

I said we need contracts/goal post's said creator needs ---- for making one chapter or complete a goal he gets the money over time by reaching set checkpoint's on the way to finishing the chapter or reaching the goal.

It was like that when i was with machinima and later google you do not get paid until you reach set goals can't just sit back and rake in the cash

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019

I don't like the whole Patreon/Subscribestar system either and therefore don't use it. I get you there.

However, you do have a contract, you just don't get to choose the specifics. You don't always need something written down and signed on paper. Especially in very asymmetric positions (i. e. one company offering a service or product but thousands buying it) it just wouldn't be feasible to have any individually negotiated contract anyway, it will usually be "take it or leave it" except for some details.

And artistic endeavours (also some other tasks) are something else than painting a wall because in the latter you can define precisely what needs to be done to fulfil the contract, in the former it is not realistically possible (you can define "give me 6 Gigabyte by August 31st" but bloating is easy) and quality or similar does not have any objective measures so you'll end up with a contract for the effort, not for a satisfying end product.

Last edited:

T_Abraxas

Jun 26, 2020
It's still a "vote with your wallet" situation. If you don't like what they're doing anymore stop supporting. I loved this game, and saw lots of activity, so I supported it. When the output died off and it got more story heavy rather than what I like I stopped. Maybe I'll start again when I see more of what I like. I don't think it's that complicated.

ymisoinsane

Jul 31, 2021
This argument makes sense only for those not paying anything or have never paid for anything.

I did pay for this; for a while. However, because of the issues I outlined in my post. I don't anymore.

The bottom line is that the creator made a promise based on donation amount. The community donated to a promise, and the creator has not completed their side of the deal for well over a year. If he wants to change his Patreon goal to "I will make my best effort" then fine. But that is not what it says.

I am simply outlining why I stopped incase the creator would like to know how to get people like me to begin paying for his product again. I would happily do so. I know I am not alone. The feedback is valid, helpful and constructive. No malice.

Last edited:

ymisoinsane

Jul 31, 2021
I don't like the whole Patreon/Subscribestar system either and therefore don't use it. I get you there.

However, you do have a contract, you just don't get to choose the specifics. You don't always need something written down and signed on paper. Especially in very asymmetric positions (i. e. one company offering a service or product but thousands buying it) it just wouldn't be feasible to have any individually negotiated contract anyway, it will usually be "take it or leave it" except for some details.

And artistic endeavours (also some other tasks) are something else than painting a wall because in the latter you can define precisely what needs to be done to fulfil the contract, in the former it is not realistically possible (you can define "give me 6 Gigabyte by August 31st but bloating is easy) and quality or similar does not have any objective measures so you'll end up with a contract for the effort, not for a satisfying end product.
Patreon Goal states the following:
At the level of support we could both afford to work on the game full time. Expected to see even more content. With further funding we could outsource some of the more menial tasks and we would start to see significantly greater output of content.

That's a pretty clear objective, "significantly greater output of content".

drea2

Sep 21, 2019
It's funny to see how people
Except in the current state, Patreon is used to be a paywall.
If it was a tip jar, there should be no counterparty.
If you could "buy" it on another website, it could be okay.
But currently it's a subscription model with no guarentee of result aside from "trust me bro".

pothb

Jan 28, 2018

But currently it's a subscription model with no guarentee of result aside from "trust me bro".
Maybe..... but it's not like he hides which posts that actually have a release in them. You can wait for those release posts, and then put money in to grab it then. You don't have to actually pay for every month to figure it out.

That said, this is the month that's when he usually does a release, since he has a 6month dev cycle, usually.

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021

Additionally to that what pothb said, for "the headmaster", you can even wait a further month and get the game for free on itch.io. So you wouldn't even have to pay anything to get the game.

jkj54

Jan 15, 2020
Always funny So tiresome to see those self-declared business analysts complaining on a pirate site about devs raking in cash on Patreon :rolleyes:.
Right becuase we could not possibility have are own business IRL and support the creator.

i posted on the house party forum and shocker i own it on steam.

I mean posting were the team reads feedback that so crazy right?

Last edited:

JHorcoc6

Jun 10, 2019
It's still a "vote with your wallet" situation. If you don't like what they're doing anymore stop supporting. I loved this game, and saw lots of activity, so I supported it. When the output died off and it got more story heavy rather than what I like I stopped. Maybe I'll start again when I see more of what I like. I don't think it's that complicated.
Yeah, I personally used to support this game too. I forget exactly when I stopped supporting it, but its been a quite a while now. For me, I stopped because it felt like they were making the spanking scenes into monotonous chores to get through and I signed up because I originally liked the spanking scenes. I wanted to just freestyle spank the girls however I wanted, but in order to advance the plot I had to meticulously spank them in highly complex ways, save often, and REALLY mess with it and even then it usually wouldn't work unless I was following a walkthrough step by step. I had to basically play spanking scenes that I otherwise would have liked SO many times that I was completely burned out by them and wanting nothing further to do with them before they even concluded since I had to play them over and over again in a loop in order to advance the plot. I just couldn't see a reason to continue playing what had originally been the most fun and interesting parts of the game since they had been become so boring. I continued to support the game for a while hoping it would improve, but if anything it got worse in that regard so I stopped supporting it.

I still like The Headmaster so I periodically check back but I hardly ever advance the girls up the levels in the game because it has become such a chore at this point that that aspect of the game really isn't fun anymore. The parts where I do get to more freestyle spank the girls and spank new girls that haven't been spanked before are the parts that I actually play.

Reactions: T_Abraxas and jkj54
4.50 star(s) 251 Votes