VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Humbling Experience: Unofficial Ren'py Port [v0.22.2] [GreenGames]

Bueno

Apr 26, 2017
Stop teasing me with this, the fact that the original game will never be finished haunts me.

Tulke

Nov 18, 2018
I tried to contact Greylnu to see if he is still alive but no luck. These are the messages i get from Patreon:

01: "Thanks for reaching out to Patreon.

We typically do not keep tabs on creator's account status, although I can confirm that their account is active and not disabled.

My Best,
Sofia"

02: "I wish there was more we could do. You may want to reach out to the creator on any other platform they may use or cancel your membership.
My Best,
Sofia"

Searched for Greylnu outside Patreon and and he has not been connected since the end of 2017.
001.jpg

bsjfan69

Oct 4, 2017
I'm not sure I'm really cool with taking someone else's stuff and then reissuing it and having patrons who pay. If you're doing it just out of love and want to modernize the game, fine, but using it to make money is a bit beyond the pale.
Not sure how this is any worse than using someone else's art/photos (like 90% of russian games do) or tracing over someone else's photo shoots (like gggb). Even if you're using someone else's stuff, in both cases you're also putting in work, it's not like you're outright stealing it and rehosting it.

jsbb9999

Modder
Sep 7, 2017
I've been avoiding rpgm games.... so this is awesome. thank you sir!!!!

now whos going to make the walkthrough :)

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I think porting a game to another machine is a perfectly reasonable thing to want to get money for.

It's sort of like the new releases of the Baldur's Gate series, those cost money as well.

Reactions: blastwave2k

Tulke

Nov 18, 2018
I think porting a game to another machine is a perfectly reasonable thing to want to get money for.

It's sort of like the new releases of the Baldur's Gate series, those cost money as well.
It is not the same, you are comparing pears with apples. If you want to remodel someone else's work, you have to do it for free or ask the owner for permission (Or both to be more secure). Try modifying the Baldur's Gate and then ask for money...