VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Humbling Experience: Unofficial Ren'py Port [v0.22.2] [GreenGames]

tangerin

Nov 22, 2018
Version 0.22.2:

Hi, I fixed a couple of minor bugs and completed the comic work(no new scenes, a little refinement), so I hope you can fully enjoy the game.

Is the Health center Job in building next to TV station? (the one with the cross) because after update i can't enter it at all (before update it was sending me back to hotel area as i already wrote here).

In this version the door there doesnt open at all when you move mouse over them.

blastwave2k

Jun 23, 2017
I'm not sure I'm really cool with taking someone else's stuff and then reissuing it and having patrons who pay. If you're doing it just out of love and want to modernize the game, fine, but using it to make money is a bit beyond the pale.
Not sure how this is any worse than using someone else's art/photos (like 90% of russian games do) or tracing over someone else's photo shoots (like gggb). Even if you're using someone else's stuff, in both cases you're also putting in work, it's not like you're outright stealing it and rehosting it.
I think porting a game to another machine is a perfectly reasonable thing to want to get money for.

It's sort of like the new releases of the Baldur's Gate series, those cost money as well.
my 2 cents. this man is doing god's work. also on a game that is abandoned. why would anyone discourage that?

don't like it, don't support it. but for fucks sake don't discourage him man. i loved the scenes and characters, but hated PLAYING the original game because of all the hide, seek, "explore", hunt, and go fuck yourself shit in it. once the renpy converstion is complete, i will happily play the whole thing and then cheer and possibly support the next project. go team.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
It is not the same, you are comparing pears with apples. If you want to remodel someone else's work, you have to do it for free or ask the owner for permission (Or both to be more secure). Try modifying the Baldur's Gate and then ask for money...
He's just sharing the stuff for free here, he has got 8 patrons in the moment that earn him all of 22 bucks a month.
He tried to contact GreyInu, he offered his help if GreyInu wanted to continue his game in ren'py etc..

Don't make more out of this than it is. No one is being cheated out of money, a guy who disappeared completely can't be asked for permission to work on his game.

I don't have to pay for this port, you don't have to, we still can get it here, those who have the money and want to support greengames can do so.

There's no drama necessary here and no need for all this fauxrage.

Swear to god, this is a pirate site, people here regularly tell devs to suck it up, if their games get pirated here, but work on something like this port without a written agreement by the original dev and people throw temper tantrums.

GreenGames

Modder
Dec 31, 2018
Is the Health center Job in building next to TV station? (the one with the cross) because after update i can't enter it at all (before update it was sending me back to hotel area as i already wrote here).

In this version the door there doesnt open at all when you move mouse over them.
hi, in the hospital content will appear only at night on the third day, so I have not done a map of the hospital yet.

Tulke

Nov 18, 2018
Swear to god, this is a pirate site, people here regularly tell devs to suck it up, if their games get pirated here, but work on something like this port without a written agreement by the original dev and people throw temper tantrums.
This is a pirate site, yes. People put pirate games here for free. Ask for money for a work that is not yours is a more serious thing. According to you, everyone should start asking for money by posting a pirate game in this forum.

Adm noor

Mar 30, 2019

Overview:
Once a year, in the friendly town of New Brylenn, there is a big event: The Humbling Experience (THEx.) A select group of students is chosen to participate and it's considered a great honor and a step in the right direction for the developement of the young ones. During THEx the students will gather first hand experience in all kinds of employments and will, without a doubt, get a head start over the rest of the kids in the country.​

Thread Updated: 2019-03-31
Release Date: 2019-03-31
Developer: GreenGames
Original Game: by GreyInu
Censorship: No
Version: v0.22.2
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Change-Log:

Known Issues:

DOWNLOAD
PC: - - -
Mac: - - -

I want to play it on Android please

Ruodger

Sep 20, 2018
Pretty fun, I liked the models, they are beautiful, Congratulations Dev. In the next update, will we have the complete package? (the 3 holes)? I believe that her corruption is already high enough ...

Reactions: baz3r

x_man

Dec 18, 2017
ok i need to ask this is it all just point and click or it still have map and u should find ur way in it
(i hate dat stupid map in every rpgm and dats and reason i don't play them u always get lost fining ur way around)

Jun 14, 2018
ok i need to ask this is it all just point and click or it still have map and u should find ur way in it
(i hate dat stupid map in every rpgm and dats and reason i don't play them u always get lost fining ur way around)
I just replayed the version here, and yes, you still have the stupid map and have to find the way. But since I have played the original game, I just clicked on every single npc, while skipping the text and it was easy enough to go thru the entire game, without reading a single line. Too bad the original dev dumped the game...

Firecracker

Nov 26, 2017
Is anyone else having the bug where Bob asks you to serve the men their coffees and Kelly says "2 coffees coming right up' then she cannot serve it?

GreenGames

Modder
Dec 31, 2018
Is anyone else having the bug where Bob asks you to serve the men their coffees and Kelly says "2 coffees coming right up' then she cannot serve it?
Hi, just checked it seems like there are no bugs. The cups appeared on the table? maybe you just missed what next you need to go check the patio.

GreenGames

Modder
Dec 31, 2018
I don't see any cup. Point it out to me please.
I don't know, all the same.

Kelly "Two coffees coming right up!"
"Business man" "Thanks."

$ dinerFood2 += 1
(the variable changes and cups appear.)

Further you need to go to the patio and talk to the girl.