RPGM Abandoned The Humbling Experience [v0.32] [Greyinu]

4.80 star(s) 16 Votes

DragonMN

Jan 21, 2018
Well, I'm not sure if anyone else wants to do this, but I managed to get it so you can edit it on RPG Maker VX Ace so someone can finish the game.

Reactions: Rebellbe

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Well, I'm not sure if anyone else wants to do this, but I managed to get it so you can edit it on RPG Maker VX Ace so someone can finish the game.
Did you also make a complete list of all of the visual assets used in the game?

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
I think so. It mostly just looks it it's the character and picture folders.
Just a preview until I can get the folders into one spot to post.
No. Those are only the sprites and tile sets from VX Ace. You don't need to compile them. They're all available in the RTPs.

When I said "a complete list of all of the visual assets used in the game", that means, do you have a complete list of all of the character models used in Daz Studio (or Poser, as the case may be), as well as complete lists of all of the clothing items, props, hair items, locations, etc.? For example, which model was used to create Kelly? Which model was used to create Nico? Were the models for Kelly and Nico modified in any way? For example, were their breasts enlarged, or do they have the default breast sizes which came with their models? What about the locker room at the bathhouse, where Kelly meets the two girls? What was the location asset used for that locker room?

You have to have a list of all of the assets used, or you can't recreate the same characters and places in any new art which you make. And none of those assets will be listed anywhere in the VX Ace files for the game. They're completely separate.

jacksparrow

Apr 18, 2017
No. Those are only the sprites and tile sets from VX Ace. You don't need to compile them. They're all available in the RTPs.

When I said "a complete list of all of the visual assets used in the game", that means, do you have a complete list of all of the character models used in Daz Studio (or Poser, as the case may be), as well as complete lists of all of the clothing items, props, hair items, locations, etc.? For example, which model was used to create Kelly? Which model was used to create Nico? Were the models for Kelly and Nico modified in any way? For example, were their breasts enlarged, or do they have the default breast sizes which came with their models? What about the locker room at the bathhouse, where Kelly meets the two girls? What was the location asset used for that locker room?

You have to have a list of all of the assets used, or you can't recreate the same characters and places in any new art which you make. And none of those assets will be listed anywhere in the VX Ace files for the game. They're completely separate.
Kelly is a light customisation over the Daz3d Olympia starter bundle

I think you can find same model in some other games (can’t remember the name of the game)

Other asset are standard in Daz3d shop

• Angry
Reactions: Fio_13@@

TheLecher

Nov 21, 2018
Other asset are standard in Daz3d shop
But which other assets? You need to find all of the assets for any characters or places which are going to appear in any new scenes which you want to create. Either that, or you have to redesign the characters using new assets, which will result in a different look, and which will take even more work than using the same assets.

And, of course, you have to finish writing the story. Since you can't possibly know how Greyinu intended things to progress from where he left off, this means that you have to come up with your own progression and ending, which may not be well received by people who liked the original game.

There's also the fact that this game is Greyinu's intellectual property, and is under his copyright. Now, he isn't likely to cause you any legal troubles, so this probably wouldn't be an obstacle from a practical standpoint, but it might be a problem for you if you care about the ethical issue.

Reactions: Grosconnard

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
that's true but then how to do the story are plot because were they left off at. that would be the problem i think anless your going to make your own but then agian adding were they left off.

DragonMN

Jan 21, 2018
Fair enough, and yeah. I don't have a list of visual models used. All I got is a peck into how he set up the game for anyone who wants to look at it.

Grosconnard

Aug 5, 2021
Someone should continue this game man(as already mentioned the dev is unlikely to cause any legal trouble). It is a really great game. I really hope someone will complete this game
It's not really about legal trouble, it's about being able to retrieve all the assets used by Greyinu in the original game, some of which likely might have been customised.
And ideally they would probably need to redo all the posing from the content already made with higher res pictures to get the game more up to date, I don't know if you can remaster without having to redo all the scenes...
And finally, Greyinu had a certain talent for writing with a certain sense of humor, with a great atmosphere and slow but steady progression that made this game truly unique and I don't think there are many people that would be able to keep the quality at the same level.
Personally I would like him to make a come back himself but after nearly 5 years I doubt it will ever happen, for all we know he could even be dead seeing the way he completely disappeared and remained totally inactive.

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
If somebody wants to try to make their own interpretation of this but does not have any of the rpgm tool kits then humble is doing a rpgm bundle just now with 3 or 4 of the base tool kits and a ton of assets as well.

zarqupang

Forum Fanatic
Nov 2, 2017
who know's you could think of a million reseons why the dev just went silent. but as for the game you would half to do a hole revamp of it. the story and other stuff was good.

Pogo123

Engaged Member
Mar 25, 2019
Too bad this is abandoned. I remembered playing this way back when and randomly remembered it today. Wanted to check on it but wishing I hadn't
yep really sad. found it 2019 and liked it to then find out dev abondoned it in 2018 (for unknown reasons)... sad

Reactions: itsyeboii
4.80 star(s) 16 Votes