Mod Wolf RPG Completed The Imperial GateKeeper [Tengsten] - Procrastinatus Content Patch [v1.3] [Procrastinatus]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

Monkofpo

Mar 30, 2021
Just here to say that I love both games and wish both would be updated like crazy. Would pay for it in honesty (like DLC kind of deal.) Throw in some orcs, half-elves, bondage, etc etc. New stories. Heck, allow us to side with the rebels or cause a crime-spree to occur etc etc. Maybe even become king. Like come on, I have legit everyone under the Lust spell.

Last edited:

Aaron Bursar

Jul 1, 2018
Just here to say that I love both games and wish both would be updated like crazy. Would pay for it in honesty (like DLC kind of deal.) Throw in some orcs, half-elves, bondage, etc etc. New stories. Heck, allow us to side with the rebels or cause a crime-spree to occur etc etc. Maybe even become king. Like come on, I have legit everyone under the Lust spell.
But if you become king, you only ever get to deal with diplomats.

Singaia

Dec 15, 2018
Loved your mod. Played only a little, though. I will wait until the next patch, since I recently played through the vanilla game.

As a suggestion, have something happen when you send people naked out of the booth :). Perhaps display them butt-naked among the crowd? Perhaps have them come back another day with threats, just to be thrown out again? Many possibilities :ROFLMAO:

Sep 21, 2020
Loved your mod. Played only a little, though. I will wait until the next patch, since I recently played through the vanilla game.

As a suggestion, have something happen when you send people naked out of the booth :). Perhaps display them butt-naked among the crowd? Perhaps have them come back another day with threats, just to be thrown out again? Many possibilities :ROFLMAO:
Thanks
I am done adding features to the mod.

I'm developing a standalone game now. I don't wanna call it an Imperial gatekeeper clone because it isn't, but it will be very similar.
I will make a dedicated thread soon

durtypicturz

Jan 13, 2019
Don't know if this is something from this mod, but I started noticing it since I switched.

Every now and then there will be women offering their bodies if I let them pass - I do and nothing happens?

Kaiden69

Sep 13, 2018
It's a little off topic but I can answer questions if you wanna shoot.
What type of game will it be? (Action/Simulator/RPG) What genre will it be? (Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Etc) Will it be mostly 2D or 3D?

I'm developing a standalone game now. I don't wanna call it an Imperial gatekeeper clone because it isn't, but it will be very similar.
Will it be more animated than TIGK? What elements of TIGK will it have?

Sep 21, 2020
What type of game will it be? (Action/Simulator/RPG)
Whatever TIGK and Papers Please are. I would call it a simulator based on the background systems I have designed.
Character dialogue will depend on disposition and personality tags.
Characters will be persistent and made through a provided editor, where you'll be able to edit appearance, personality and other character data.
It will be possible to upload and share characters.
Characters will also have a seed in order to be retro-compatible when updates add variables which will then be missing from the file created by the editor before said update. The values will be chosen at semi-random using the character's seed.

What genre will it be? (Fantasy/Sci-Fi/Etc)
Sci fi set up in an alien world with a local medieval setting. So low tech with weirdness added in. Hard to explain without giving a lecture on lore and setup.

Will it be mostly 2D or 3D?
It will be mostly 2.5D aided by 2D and 3D. In practice it's a 3D game, in looks, it's animated 2D

Will it be more animated than TIGK?
Miles ahead. The 2.5D paperdoll system (what I'm working on right now) will allow almost full articulation, full animation, intercompatible outfits, body part tweaking, recoloring and proportion adjustment through slider or type selection.
It sounds like nonsense, but I've designed and tested it for months and I can now confidently say it can be done.
The main body will have something like 50 bones (mostly control bones to adjust proportion, provide skindentation, animation morphs) and 100-200 parts.
It's taking a long time to not only make it, but to study what works and what doesn't.
This hasn't been done before to my knowledge, not on this level.

Some stuff I posted on the other thread, I don't want to spoil too much with WIP samples

If you want to understand what I mean better when I say full customization go check Kisekae

Now pump it full of steroids, imagine it animated, make the characters fuckable and throw in a few more poses.

What elements of TIGK will it have?
Document examination as your main source of income.

Last edited:

almond

Feb 12, 2018
Whatever TIGK and Papers Please are. I would call it a simulator based on the background systems I have designed.
Character dialogue will depend on a disposition and personality tags.
Characters will be persistent and made through a provided editor, where you'll be able to edit appearance, personality and other character data.
It will be possible to upload and share characters.
Characters will also have a seed in order to be retro-compatible when updates add variables which will then be missing from the file created by the editor before said update. The values will be chosen at semi-random using the character's seed.

Sci fi set up in an alien world with a local medieval setting. So low tech with weirdness added in. Hard to explain without giving a lecture on lore and setup.

It will be mostly 2.5D aided by 2D and 3D. In practice it's a 3D game, in looks, it's animated 2D

Miles ahead. The 2.5D paperdoll system (what I'm working on right now) will allow almost full articulation, full animation, intercompatible outfits, body part tweaking, recoloring and proportion adjustment through slider or type selection.
It sounds like nonsense, but I've designed and tested it for months and I can now confidently say it can be done.
The main body will have something like 50 bones (mostly control bones to adjust proportion, provide skindentation, animation morphs) and 100-200 parts.
It's taking a long time to not only make it, but to study what works and what doesn't.
This hasn't been done before to my knowledge, not on this level.

Some stuff I posted on the other thread, I don't want to spoil too much with WIP samples
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you want to understand what I mean better when I say full customization go check Kisekae

Now pump it full of steroids, imagine it animated, make the characters fuckable and throw in a few more poses.

Document examination as your main source of income.
That looks amazing! Best of luck on your project!

Reactions: Procrastinatus

masMalkar

May 26, 2017
Hey Procrastinatius Off-topic but I suggest you get a discord or somewhere to throw ideas, hype your game, so we don't end dm'ming you to hell and back.

That aside I wanna know if there will be a "Chrysia" in the game, someone loyal to the MC, his secretary/sister/childhood friend, not for ntr or some shit, but for "assistance" I would love to see something that only saw in orther game (Black Market), where your girl pins down/helps you/humillates your victim, I find that insanely hot, just a png of her being smug in the background will do the trick for me honestly, I love your work and thanks for making some hentai parody of a niche genre into a community

Sep 21, 2020
Hey Procrastinatius Off-topic but I suggest you get a discord or somewhere to throw ideas, hype your game, so we don't end dm'ming you to hell and back.
I don't mind PMs. I've been discussing features and design with a few users here who are very patient with me.
I am cautiously avoiding the hype train, so I'd rather not open my mouth too much.
There are features I've planned I've axed, there are features I had thought impossible but now look really good. This mostly revolves around what the monster rig I'm building allows.
If I join a discord server I'll run my mouth and build the wrong type of hype, since quite a few features are in the air right now.

That aside I wanna know if there will be a "Chrysia" in the game, someone loyal to the MC, his secretary/sister/childhood friend, not for ntr or some shit, but for "assistance" I would love to see something that only saw in orther game (Black Market), where your girl pins down/helps you/humillates your victim,
As planned right now, there will be 4 people working with you: A female inspector and three guards.
The inspector is planned to be on your ass over corruption and questionable choices you've made. The guards are meant to have different personality inclinations and are planned to actually assist you in their own signature style. This is not passive but through calling them in.
Guards are meant to be muscle.

This is due to them having special, simpler body rigs which are more flexible when it comes to animation/turning.

I find that insanely hot, just a png of her being smug in the background will do the trick for me honestly,
The way this type of 2.5D works is almost exactly like 3D, but on a flat plane. It won't be possible to represent that with a PNG. It may be possible to animate the scene though.

There is some vague arc involving the female inspector planned, but overall she's meant to set your ass on fire, not be complicit. At least for most of the game.

The game will revolve around corruption, since its sandbox style requires sandbox progression. This will be achieved through cash, since your wages will always be pennies compared to the side jobs/deals/extorting/stealing you can get involved in.
This is at the core of what makes it a game, separate from the H elements.

There are few special characters, mostly in the form of shopkeepers, which are planned to be introduced through updates after the barebones alpha is complete.

I love your work and thanks for making some hentai parody of a niche genre into a community
Thanks, appreciate it

Reactions: masMalkar

Aaron Bursar

Jul 1, 2018
Will we have some variations of normal human women included? Like, instead of the cool stuff like horns and elf ears, they're just normal, and differing only in skin color, ethnicity, etc?

I have nothing against fantasy variations of women, it's just a preference thing.

Sep 21, 2020
Will we have some variations of normal human women included?
Canonically, no.
It doesn't mean humans and other races can't be easily made through the provided editor.
The main constraint is having a bipedal humanoid body shape, other than that, many parts will be provided.

Like, instead of the cool stuff like horns and elf ears, they're just normal, and differing only in skin color, ethnicity, etc?
How did you know the two main species are meant to have horns and elf ears?
The assets have, and will have, relatively simple matching color shading with neutral colors and are meant to be RGB manipulated. It is planned to be separated all the way down to the fingernails, although fingernails may be axed for simplicity, not making any promises.
Skin color will definitely be an option.
Ethnicity, they're stylized characters. There's nothing stopping you from picking different hair parts and face parts until you get the desired effect though.

I have nothing against fantasy variations of women, it's just a preference thing.
The main race will have a particular style of pointy ears, other than that they're visually human.

Aaron Bursar

Jul 1, 2018
Canonically, no.
It doesn't mean humans and other races can't be easily made through the provided editor.
The main constraint is having a bipedal humanoid body shape, other than that, many parts will be provided.

The assets have, and will have, relatively simple matching color shading with neutral colors and are meant to be RGB manipulated. It is planned to be separated all the way down to the fingernails, although fingernails may be axed for simplicity, not making any promises.
Skin color will definitely be an option.
Ethnicity, they're stylized characters. There's nothing stopping you from picking different hair parts and face parts until you get the desired effect though.

The main race will have a particular style of pointy ears, other than that they're visually human.
I see, that is good to hear. I'm looking forward to playing your game.

Lucky guess, I suppose.

Reactions: Procrastinatus

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
With the PCP mod though yeah it's worth a replay. Procrastinatus tried as much as was possible with the engine limitations to let this game live up to it's potential. There are a bunch of new story characters that have a character arc that plays out each time you visit them in a new level, they get new costumes and you find more info on them. But he told me there were a lot of idea's he wanted to do but couldn't because the engine is just so limiting. Even just the dialog system is very limiting. I've been rewriting dialog all day today trying to make my own submod to PCP. One such thing I wanted to do what have NPC's make a custom comment if the player has previously sent someone out nude before. But it's not possible, the game can't really remember things like that. The game doesn't really check a lot of things so it's hard to tie events together. So I've resorted to doing simpler one off situations.
1.6 isn't even out.
If it's the final update and Tengsten doesn't change their minds then I might. I'm incredibly busy developing a similar project right now.
I mentioned it a few times, porting the mod is roughly the equivalent of editing everything over again, TIGK has no mod support, you just slap things on top of it.
Because of that and just out of the niceness of my heart I can make some time to port when the last version is released and fully patched.

There will be no new content though, I am dumping all my spare time into something that will blow TIGK out of the water.
I know that the convo of the mod having new content is like beating a dead horse, but i had a talk in the chans and this is the answer i got was:
Anon said:
You can extract all the .wolf files and open the game in the editor just like the dev. If you want to add things like random NPC's appearing again and them remembering stuff you would have to script it. A lot of the code is in nipponese like every single variable name and db entry from the looks of it so the problem wouldnt be engine limitations, it would be deciphering moonrunes. From what I've seen mods mostly edit DB entries and art so far.
Stuff like:
Procrastinatus said:
>One such thing I wanted to do what have NPC's make a custom comment if the player has previously sent someone out nude before. But it's not possible, the game can't really remember things like that.
Anon said:
Would simply involve making a new variable, finding the script I think they call the scripts themselves "events" for some reason that handles the give back clothes part and then and then setting the variable to true or false depending on the player choice. Add another entry in the Char Dialogue called "Greeting Last Nude" or some such and then edit the dialogue scripts/events/whatever to check said variable and pick the normal or the new greeting. This is basic stuff and it's not hard but moonrunes make it more complicated than it has to be for most.
It probably could've changed something 6 or so months ago.

What worries me about a new project is that it might be your average patreon "Forever indev" like, say, TiTS, which is like 8 years old or something despite being a text game that gets like 30+k per month

Sep 21, 2020
I know that the convo of the mod having new content is like beating a dead horse, but i had a talk in the chans and this is the answer i got was:

You can extract all the .wolf files and open the game in the editor just like the dev. If you want to add things like random NPC's appearing again and them remembering stuff you would have to script it. A lot of the code is in nipponese like every single variable name and db entry from the looks of it so the problem wouldnt be engine limitations, it would be deciphering moonrunes. From what I've seen mods mostly edit DB entries and art so far.
Stuff like:

Would simply involve making a new variable, finding the script I think they call the scripts themselves "events" for some reason that handles the give back clothes part and then and then setting the variable to true or false depending on the player choice. Add another entry in the Char Dialogue called "Greeting Last Nude" or some such and then edit the dialogue scripts/events/whatever to check said variable and pick the normal or the new greeting. This is basic stuff and it's not hard but moonrunes make it more complicated than it has to be for most.
I know that perfectly well.

"One such thing I wanted to do what have NPC's make a custom comment if the player has previously sent someone out nude before. But it's not possible, the game can't really remember things like that. "
I must've posted that before I realized how to do it, I added some unique "alternative dialogue" on my last test version. it works. That guy is right except he doesn't point out the inconveniences of Wolf's database button scripting system.

Also
Add another entry in the Char Dialogue called "Greeting Last Nude" or some such and then edit the dialogue scripts/events/whatever to check said variable and pick the normal or the new greeting
There's barely any room for that, you need to essentially make a new "alternative dialogue" type entry.

Look, there is the engine itself, and then there's all the scripts running that make a "sub-engine". I've said it a thousand times before, this is in japanese, I don't know japanese, I have no intention of learning japanese. I modified these scripts by reverse engineering and pretty much shooting in the dark.
The modifications are not complex themselves, it's finding out where the fuck to put it because if you can't read japanese, you don't know what 95% of that stuff does and the only way to figure it out is by touching something up and then praying that you notice wtf changed.

I literally spent a whole day imitating a search algorithm to find where the variable determining if female genitalia should have an erect state or not (wetness). This involved downloading 1.35 BP and 1.35 Vanilla and then incrementally replacing half of the whole scripting code to then run the game and see if there's a change or not.

I did something similar for when I needed to add new character entries. it took me roughly the same time.
These modifications are minuscule, they're nothing, it should be a 2 minute thing, but it has to take countless hours of fumbling around because the whole thing is unintelligible.

Understand, the sub-systems in place are also designed to do a very specific thing. It's not possible to write your own thing in parallel and have the to subsystems merge, you need to understand what the scripts are doing to modify the scripts.
The example of commenting on the last person getting naked is a silly one and I did manage to do it in the end, although every iteration of alternative dialogue needs a new alternative dialogue super entry, linking that dialogue entry to every character. It's not possible without scripting to add a randomized comment, but the switch refers to a new DB entry that swaps say: "Hello! How are you" for "Hello! was that a naked woman?" or whatever.
This has to be done for every character in the game. It would be much cleaner to have a different system in place, TIGK uses a one character - one line approach.

YEEES you could go in and technically modify it, you could spend a few months just changing the approach the original devs took. You might as well be making a new game.
Except Wolf is a pretty dated engine and has actual limitations when it comes to graphic manipulation and other things.

In addition, things are not designed to be moddable. Even something as translating (non npc dialogue) is not neatly packed in variables you can modify in the same place. Translating involves hopping through the code and finding the lines spread around the code.

It probably could've changed something 6 or so months ago.
Nothing changed

What worries me about a new project is that it might be your average patreon "Forever indev" like, say, TiTS, which is like 8 years old or something despite being a text game that gets like 30+k per month
If I wanted to be a Dev Hell Patreon smoocher I would've already shilled my project around and made a Patreon. I have enough to show to hype this thing to kingdom come (ask Shipfu). I'm not doing it, or even making a presentation until it's somehow put together in a more developed state.
I'm not a slacker, I've been actually working every day on this thing, no weekends.

Initially I wanted to actually clone TIGK and make a serviceable more mod friendly thing. It evolved from there, to the point it became a plan for an extremely mod friendly 2.5D animated hyper modular system.
This is not a TIGK Clone, it has almost nothing to do with TIGK except the examine papers mechanic.
This is an original idea using a system that's never been tried before (2.5D hypermodular paperdoll) for very good reason.

The payload of having modular dialogue, modular outfits, modular everything controlled by tags and a few variables that can be extrapolated and combined in different ways for different effect is nuts.

This is why I'm dumping every bit of free time I have on the project.

Mandalore777

Oct 7, 2019
No one here has asked for Patreon bucks though. We're all self funding our games. If anyone wants to further expand on ImpG I'm not against it, but it's too limited an engine. You can't even see legs and feet properly, the outfit slots are extremely limiting, and all the art assets are 840p and under static images. The more you brainstorm about idea's and characters for an expansion mod, the more you realize that just making your own version in a better engine is a better idea.

Trust me Procrastinatus's game is such a huge expansion over ImpG that you're gonna get hyped when you hear more details about it. He's posted some webm's in the main thread, fully animated titties that properly bounce when groped. Go look. Just be patient and wait till he's done.

As for characters commenting on the last one leaving naked, my game is all about ENF so I'm putting tons of planning into that. With ImpG the outside area is chibi style and top down and it's too limiting, imagine if after sending out someone naked, the people in the crowd had dialog responses to that, that could cause an ENF scene as the girl has to walk past the crowd naked desperately trying to cover herself. As it is they are just shadowed out people and only Richard and the Guard have an emoji response. I want the player to be able to interact with more than just the interrogation room.

Radiene

Nov 3, 2020
Does this patch work in newer versions? Specifically v1.51-v1.52, since I'm rather new so I don't know how to mix this patch and the new version; either way, thanks for new content!

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes