Mod Wolf RPG Completed The Imperial GateKeeper [Tengsten] - Procrastinatus Content Patch [v1.3] [Procrastinatus]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes

AltOfTime

Jul 11, 2018
Hey Procrastinatus, I mostly just want to say how great this mod is and that I'm really looking forward to your game, but I figured I might as well ask a few questions too while I'm at it.

One of my favorite parts of TIGK was that you could play it in a few ways--either as a grope-them-up or as a Papers Please clone where sometimes you got to see people naked and / or grope them as a requirement of the 'job'. I found myself wishing that there was more 'game' to TIGK when it came to the documents and the number of things to consider (maybe not so much as Papers Please with documents flying all over your desk, but more than the ~5 things in any given stage), especially reasons to make people strip beyond 'they might be hiding a weapon'--maybe making people strip to compare their weight to a document, or something. Where would you put the 'normal gameplay' level on a spectrum from TIGK to Papers Please?

The other great part of TIGK in my opinion is having to guide people along to strip / get pleasure, without annoying them too much. Although it wasn't really tied into that system, having to ask people twice to strip their underwear (and the super-satisfying hand slam on the button) was the best aspect of that IMO. The "Chat, Compliment, Neg and Demean" system already sounds great for managing people's personalities / what they're willing to do, but something similar for how forcefully you demand them to do things would also be great--is there a similar "wheel" planned for demands / actions as there is for talking?

Sep 21, 2020
Hey Procrastinatus, I mostly just want to say how great this mod is and that I'm really looking forward to your game, but I figured I might as well ask a few questions too while I'm at it.

One of my favorite parts of TIGK was that you could play it in a few ways--either as a grope-them-up or as a Papers Please clone where sometimes you got to see people naked and / or grope them as a requirement of the 'job'. I found myself wishing that there was more 'game' to TIGK when it came to the documents and the number of things to consider (maybe not so much as Papers Please with documents flying all over your desk, but more than the ~5 things in any given stage), especially reasons to make people strip beyond 'they might be hiding a weapon'--maybe making people strip to compare their weight to a document, or something. Where would you put the 'normal gameplay' level on a spectrum from TIGK to Papers Please?
As a clone, In-between, although it's hard to say because it's basically its own thing. There is more than finding weapons and most of the game will center around corruption, as there are alternative ways to make more money. Remember, game's progression is built around money. I don't wanna say too much about things no set in stone, but whatever you do related to documents is planned to be more organic than only checking a number sequence or looking for a mismatch.

The other great part of TIGK in my opinion is having to guide people along to strip / get pleasure, without annoying them too much. Although it wasn't really tied into that system, having to ask people twice to strip their underwear (and the super-satisfying hand slam on the button) was the best aspect of that IMO. The "Chat, Compliment, Neg and Demean" system already sounds great for managing people's personalities / what they're willing to do, but something similar for how forcefully you demand them to do things would also be great--is there a similar "wheel" planned for demands / actions as there is for talking?
No wheel. The UI suffers from clutter quite a bit, since there needs to be room for a lot of things (things planned ahead), so another wheel wouldn't work.
As it is, wheel interaction (neg, demean, etc) is the only way to engage them in conversation, which just amounts to a line and a reply. As for demands, commands and whatnot, yes they will be there, but anything you say would come in the form of a reply (bubble boxes may show up with an icon you'd have to click) the reply "decisions" would pop for you to choose what to say. This is however, all contextual. You'd be allowed to ignore the icon and just keep examining too.

Mirekles

Sep 13, 2018
I've got some questions/suggetions to ask you Procrastinatus.

There will be diffrent body tipes (chubby, slender, muscular, petite etc.) as breast tipes?

Thoughs on internal view cumshots and preg?

(sorry for bad eng)

Sep 21, 2020
I've got some questions/suggetions to ask you Procrastinatus.

There will be diffrent body tipes (chubby, slender, muscular, petite etc.) as breast tipes?
Since all bodies are made to share any clothes there isn't a lot of wiggle room for chubby bodies, or at least characters with a chubby belly, since specially shaded outfit parts would need to be created for it. That said, body proportions can be modified, As it is I can confirm waist girth, hip/leg width and leg spacing (thigh gap) are properly rigged to bones, so you'll be able to create a thicc thighed, busty character which resembles a chubby woman.

Several torso overlays that mimic different fit and flabbier body types have already been tested and reworked in high res.

Breast types ranging from Flat to P cups (down to her belly button). It uses a clever technique to make use of the same base sprite (needed to properly fit brassiers and top apparel).
In addition, several hair parts (3 bang types, back, top and additional ones) to play around with, jaw type, mouth shape, lips, ears, eye type, iris, nose, pussy/labia type, clit size, areolae size, nipple type and more. As well as many other overlays down to fingernails and make-up RGB controlled variations. Tracking for piercings has also been tested, so expect a variety of those as well.
Most of the body will be also RGB controllable but will also include a suggested natural color palette to pick from. The variations are in-depth to say the least.
Did I mention pubic hair styles from full grown bush to exotic shapes?

There are many other proportion "sliders" like sizing hands, torso, arms and legs in length length and width. These are possible but may not be part of the game since they conflict with shared animations. No promises for height either, but we'll see.

Thoughs on internal view cumshots and preg?

(sorry for bad eng)
Both are planned, but may be update content down the line. don't expect them at release.

jimpix2

Dec 30, 2019
Real quick question, is this updated to the newest version 1.5 of the game? Is it missing any content?

jimpix2

Dec 30, 2019
1.6 isn't even out.
If it's the final update and Tengsten doesn't change their minds then I might. I'm incredibly busy developing a similar project right now.
I mentioned it a few times, porting the mod is roughly the equivalent of editing everything over again, TIGK has no mod support, you just slap things on top of it.
Because of that and just out of the niceness of my heart I can make some time to port when the last version is released and fully patched.

There will be no new content though, I am dumping all my spare time into something that will blow TIGK out of the water.
Hey also what exactly is this game that you're working on? I wanna check it out

Sep 21, 2020
Real quick question, is this updated to the newest version 1.5 of the game? Is it missing any content?
It's not updated, main thing missing is the "helper" mechanic or whatever it's called, which is just having your assistants stand in the background. Also missing some Chryssa date content. That's the stuff added last version.

Hey also what exactly is this game that you're working on? I wanna check it out
Read the last things posted in the thread, it should give you a general idea.
I don't mind answering specifics, but vague questions will have me typing paragraphs about things I've already mentioned. Currently working on asset variations

#4a4a4a

Mar 10, 2019
Procrastinatus
Some people already asked you something like this, but ill put this strait:
Is this tread the only place people can follow your project? It's not about giving you money or getting some extra info or hype; just want to be sure i wont miss any news or, you know, simply forget about you.

Sep 21, 2020
Procrastinatus
Some people already asked you something like this, but ill put this strait:
Is this tread the only place people can follow your project? It's not about giving you money or getting some extra info or hype; just want to be sure i wont miss any news or, you know, simply forget about you.
I'm kinda interested in this too! I'm sure a thread will be made once the game is ready. But it could be easily missed if we don't stalk your profileo_O
Yes, basically. I'd rather not make a big splash, lots of dead end projects and ventures stuck in development hell, less hype more work. Plus talking about what you're gonna do tends to be detrimental to the prospect of just doing it.
Although you are not wrong, something should be set up for those who might simply forget.
I think following gives you automatic notifications, but I get it's not ideal.

Do you have any suggestions?

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
I think following gives you automatic notifications, but I get it's not ideal.
I think that continuing to use this thread to talk about your project while it's being developed is perfectly fine. After all, this mod is why people got to know you and your work in the first place, so people come here naturally and can receive notifications by following the thread like I do.

Splitting the discussion between different forums/servers seems a bit pointless (and even detrimental to an extent) until you make the first demo release and then build your own dedicated places like patreon and discord, etc.

Jun 15, 2019

Suggestions, no, not really. I'm following you and read almost every post that has any new answers. But I'm just saying not everyone keeps up with this thread that much. But then again I may be wrong and a lot of people follow the thread just don't reply/ask/like to your replies.

But I guess since this is your mod thread I guess this might be the best place to talk about anything related to the mod/game and when you get to a state you feel for releasing the game this thread can be updated with a link to go to the game thread.

Maybe someone has a better suggestion though!

Reactions: Procrastinatus

Heik

Oct 17, 2018
Hey Procrastinatus, I hope it doesn't bother you, I updated your content patch to 1.52 (and did some minor bug-fixes like giving a "hitbox" to some extra character's weapons). If you give me permission I can post it here in a comment, or alternatively I could send you the file and you could update this post, if you prefer.
Also, I'm looking forward to your project, sounds interesting.

Sep 21, 2020
Hey Procrastinatus, I hope it doesn't bother you, I updated your content patch to 1.52 (and did some minor bug-fixes like giving a "hitbox" to some extra character's weapons). If you give me permission I can post it here in a comment, or alternatively I could send you the file and you could update this post, if you prefer.
Also, I'm looking forward to your project, sounds interesting.
Really? That's pretty impressive. Did the translation part gave you much trouble? I know it's not an easy port
Were you able to find the scripts by using the tags I left or how did you manage to navigate that mess?

Sure by all means, post it. Give yourself credit somewhere for porting it too. If you want, that is.

Heik

Oct 17, 2018
Here's the updated version:

I figured out the translation part after porting the scripts, so it wasn't that hard by then, just tedious, for some I used the search option to find the [ENG] tags, for others I had to search the specific word/phrase. The notes left in the User Database pointed me to the tags, which were pretty useful for porting the scripts. The event file for the script that added the encounters seemed to have no changes aside from the PCP script between versions, so I imported the entire file, if anyone starts getting errors then there might have been a change in that file that I overlooked and I'll have to port the script by hand, but as far as I tested I got to play with no issues. I also might have missed certain translations, if anyone notices a translation error outside of the game events, which seem to have been kept in the original broken english, I'd be glad to fix it.

Sep 21, 2020
I'll check it out in a while (busy with something) and update the thread. Thanks a lot, it's awesome.

Side question. Did you also have an interest in modding TIGK further or anything like that? I'd love to help and give something back if I can. Seemingly you understand what you're doing though so it may not be much at all.

Sep 21, 2020
Oh by the way, are there more sprites that need uncensoring? To be frank I barely even checked 1.52. Been working on the other project pretty obsessively

Heik

Oct 17, 2018
Side question. Did you also have an interest in modding TIGK further or anything like that? I'd love to help and give something back if I can. Seemingly you understand what you're doing though so it may not be much at all.
I'm willing to try, although I don't have many ideas, but I could try to add some of the features other users suggested for your project to TIGK just to see if I can, but I'd need help doing sprites if they were required.
Actually it was my first time using WRPGEditor, but I have some experience in programming, so that helped me understand how events work and how Wolf RPG manages the Databases, but I lack knowledge in many aspects of the editor. For example, if you decrypt the files and open them in the editor you'll notice that I didn't know how to change the Type names nor the ID of the items inside the Types in the User Database, but I was able to modify the values of the Database with no issues, and the events reference the numbers regardless of ID. Curiously enough, the bug that gave me most trouble was not from the mod, but from the game itself. It showed the version as 1.51 despite having the fixes applied to 1.52, I had to follow a variable that was read from another variable that was read from Records.sav, so I had to find where Records.sav was written to find the original variable with the game version and fix it.

Oh by the way, are there more sprites that need uncensoring? To be frank I barely even checked 1.52. Been working on the other project pretty obsessively
Not that I could see, the new events with Hana are still censored, but there are no new sprites, just new clothes for Hana and a new facial expression for Richard.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes