Mod Wolf RPG Completed The Imperial GateKeeper [Tengsten] - Procrastinatus Content Patch [v1.3] [Procrastinatus]

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes
Sep 21, 2020
Actually it was my first time using WRPGEditor, but I have some experience in programming, so that helped me understand how events work and how Wolf RPG manages the Databases, but I lack knowledge in many aspects of the editor
Yes, the DB system itself isn't complicated itself, and it would even be easy were it not 99% moon runes.

For example, if you decrypt the files and open them in the editor you'll notice that I didn't know how to change the Type names nor the ID of the items inside the Types in the User Database, but I was able to modify the values of the Database with no issues, and the events reference the numbers regardless of ID
Double click would allow you to change it. However, don't do it. When I did I was hoping to translate as much of the database as possible, I had to roll back the translation because a ton of bugs sprout from it. I was extremely puzzled until I figured out on Common Events, DB type entries are sometimes referenced by type name. Wolf must be able to search for the string and translate it to ID. You'd think this wouldn't be even allowed, or Tengsten would avoid it, but it's there.

I'm willing to try, although I don't have many ideas, but I could try to add some of the features other users suggested for your project to TIGK just to see if I can, but I'd need help doing sprites if they were required.
Quite a few of those suggestions would be a little too complicated to say the least. It's part of the reason I decided to make an entirely new game on a different engine. I was working on a big mod update before switching to it. Last thing I did but didn't add to the update was (VAR_DB) variables added after a certain dialogue instance to be checked again later on. If true, switch dialogue target to another Data entry. Useful for situational awareness, like sending someone off naked and having the next person notice, or sticking it up someone's ass and then their mouth, switching the aftersex comment to a complaint.
It's simple and works well, just didn't feel like writing a new line for every character type.

I was merely curious if you were tinkering with the engine before deciding to make the port. Although if you need help with anything don't be afraid to ask.

Curiously enough, the bug that gave me most trouble was not from the mod, but from the game itself. It showed the version as 1.51 despite having the fixes applied to 1.52, I had to follow a variable that was read from another variable that was read from Records.sav, so I had to find where Records.sav was written to find the original variable with the game version and fix it.
Yeah, ain't it fun tracking that stuff down lol

Not that I could see, the new events with Hana are still censored, but there are no new sprites, just new clothes for Hana and a new facial expression for Richard.
Thanks, just checking, we always miss something

And thanks again for taking the time to port the mod.

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
Here's the updated version:

I figured out the translation part after porting the scripts, so it wasn't that hard by then, just tedious, for some I used the search option to find the [ENG] tags, for others I had to search the specific word/phrase. The notes left in the User Database pointed me to the tags, which were pretty useful for porting the scripts. The event file for the script that added the encounters seemed to have no changes aside from the PCP script between versions, so I imported the entire file, if anyone starts getting errors then there might have been a change in that file that I overlooked and I'll have to port the script by hand, but as far as I tested I got to play with no issues. I also might have missed certain translations, if anyone notices a translation error outside of the game events, which seem to have been kept in the original broken english, I'd be glad to fix it.
Thanks a lot dude!

Heik

Oct 17, 2018
Double click would allow you to change it. However, don't do it. When I did I was hoping to translate as much of the database as possible, I had to roll back the translation because a ton of bugs sprout from it.
Good to know, I'll stick to naming only new IDs if I ever add content, then.

I was working on a big mod update before switching to it. Last thing I did but didn't add to the update was (VAR_DB) variables added after a certain dialogue instance to be checked again later on.
I saw someone suggesting Interactions for the applicants with whoever you make stand in the background on 1.52, and although making the characters interact might be difficult I was thinking that perhaps it could be possible to at the very least make the applicants react to the character's presence and/or state of undress if it applies. Sounds similar to what you had planed using the Variables Database, although I would have to check how the code for that event works (the one for calling a character into the work station).

And thanks again for taking the time to port the mod.
No problem, thanks for making the mod in the first place.

thorben786

Jan 23, 2019

Not that I could see, the new events with Hana are still censored, but there are no new sprites, just new clothes for Hana and a new facial expression for Richard.
Hanna has a new pose which is still censored. Just for the lols I did a really quick and dirty copy paste job, but it is really sloppy at least. BTW there is a minor oversigth from you, Hanna has the wrong Buttom Clothes with her Magical Girl Outfit. You may consider this small Fix. I added my uncensor and the correct skirt for the outfit.

Reactions: Heik

Heik

Oct 17, 2018

Good catch, I applied your uncensored sprites and fixed the skirt, thank you for pointing it out and for providing the sprites.

Last edited:

Heik

Oct 17, 2018

Good catch, I applied your uncensored sprites and fixed the skirt, thank you for pointing it out and for providing the sprites.
Updated this link. After thorben786 pointed out the error in the skirt I tested the event (originally I had checked just by looking over the referenced files in the Database) and noticed that her hair for the magical girl outfit was the same as the one for the Shirt and shorts outfit. Turns out in 1.42 the shirt and shorts outfit sprites had the same filenames as the magical girl outfit filenames in 1.52 (both being along the lines of Something_Hana_something_2.png in their respective versions), and in 1.52 the shirt and shorts outfit had different filenames (Shorts and shirt being something like Something_Hana_something_3.png instead of 2 like in the previous version) I fixed all the issues that might arise from that change by copying all the Hana sprites except for the censored base bodies from the unmodded 1.52.

I also credited thorben786's contribution of the sprites in the PCP patchnotes.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2020
Updated the OP

I saw someone suggesting Interactions for the applicants with whoever you make stand in the background on 1.52, and although making the characters interact might be difficult I was thinking that perhaps it could be possible to at the very least make the applicants react to the character's presence and/or state of undress if it applies. Sounds similar to what you had planed using the Variables Database, although I would have to check how the code for that event works (the one for calling a character into the work station).
I'm skeptical as to how simple that modification could be. As I've seen, assistants don't talk and just stand on the background as decoration. Another dialogue instance would have to be added, perhaps with a different color and inverted bubble tail? seems hard to do without pulling on the system's bones, which is an issue considering the meta limitations of unerstanding and modifying code on a different language.
What I did using VAR DB is pretty non intrusive, since you're only checking a made up variable to see if some situation trigger is active and then switching the entry ID for another one to replace what is said, it uses the system already in place. Plus, you get to hook the variable writing/reading to dialogue trigger, which you can track down by searching for the entry ID corresponding to the unique dialogue line used in that specific situation.

I'd be at a loss when asked where the game scripts the dialogue sequence, common events is a labyrinth of moonrunes. If I was gonna look for it I'd start by tracking the image name for the bubble, and hoping the script is close to where this is referenced. Although it can also be the case the image path is somewhere in user database, in which case you'd have to find it and then track down the entry number.

Sorry I can't help any more than that. Truth be told I reverse engineered the bare minimum when adding scripts and things like that. I still remain mostly ignorant of how common events work, but perhaps you can read a little japanese? that would make the task a hundred times easier.

Laz_Jag

Mar 19, 2020
I noticed this error while playing, she triggers the exhibitionist event when she's only missing her underwear (I know this is because her old sprites, but it's weird now)
ScreenShot_2021_0430_03_33_08.png

Shipfu

Mar 20, 2020
Would be fun if someone could add different type of beastmen, with just some minor touch ups, like giving them bunny ears+tail or dog ears+tail, instead of just feline ears and tails. Maybe add thicc beastmen as well, I suck at drawing else would have tried.
Would be nice with some dark elf variations as well a petite and thicc elf model.

Last edited:

Heik

Oct 17, 2018
I'm skeptical as to how simple that modification could be. As I've seen, assistants don't talk and just stand on the background as decoration. Another dialogue instance would have to be added, perhaps with a different color and inverted bubble tail? seems hard to do without pulling on the system's bones, which is an issue considering the meta limitations of unerstanding and modifying code on a different language.
I thought it might be a bit hard to make them talk, I was thinking of only the applicant reacting, since they already have a dialogue system implemented and I would only have to add a variable to check if the other character is there or not and change the applicants dialogue to reflect that.

Sorry I can't help any more than that. Truth be told I reverse engineered the bare minimum when adding scripts and things like that. I still remain mostly ignorant of how common events work, but perhaps you can read a little japanese? that would make the task a hundred times easier.
Don't worry about it, if I ever decide to do anything with the scripts I'll just have to figure things out on the go. I don't know much japanese, but I've been using my phone and the camera function of google translator to figure out what is what in the scripts and once I've identified them I can tell most of them apart from each other. It's not perfect but it works, and if I can copy the text from somewhere, using the Find option makes finding what I want much easier.

I noticed this error while playing, she triggers the exhibitionist event when she's only missing her underwear (I know this is because her old sprites, but it's weird now)
View attachment 1173089
That's weird, The images are the same between versions and I checked the scripts related to this event and none of those where modified. Are you playing using an old save? I didn't get anything like this using an old save, but at some point I got a weird descriptor in Grace's ID, something along the lines of [invalid data] or something like that. I couldn't reproduce it in sandbox, and it didn't happen again after that, so I assumed it to be the save data or the old Records.sav (which is read for some variables) storing some old values that had affected the result of the event that sets the IDs info. I'll try to reproduce this error, let me know if it happens again. I'll probably double check the event I replaced with the old one too, although it seems to be a RNG for various other events and shouldn't affect the checks for this event. Just to be sure, if you transferred your saves folder make sure to delete Records.sav, as I noticed it stores variables that are read right when the game starts, and it would be better if they where all generated by the same version.

Update: Ah, I see what you mean. The old sprites for that outfit leave her exposed. I'll see if I can figure out how to change that in the event's script without breaking everything.

Last edited:

Heik

Oct 17, 2018
Would be fun if someone could add different type of beastmen, with just some minor touch ups, like giving them bunny ears+tail or dog ears+tail, instead of just feline ears and tails. Maybe add thicc beastmen as well, I suck at drawing else would have tried.
Would be nice with some dark elf variations as well a petite and thicc elf model.
I think that's more doable than other ideas requiring more scripting, but I'm not good at drawing neither.

Heik

Oct 17, 2018
View attachment 1173089

I fixed the issue, after looking at the code that checks whether this interaction happens or not I noticed it referenced a value in the UserDB that was operated on and used later as case condition, I changed the value for this outfit in the database by searching for other outfit that had the same pattern in which wearing only the bottom would not trigger the event. I used the same number as the one for the maid outfit for chubby woman, since the top is an apron and the bottoms are the dress.

Sorry for making you update the post so much Procrastinatus, hope it's not a bother.

Sep 21, 2020
I thought it might be a bit hard to make them talk, I was thinking of only the applicant reacting, since they already have a dialogue system implemented and I would only have to add a variable to check if the other character is there or not and change the applicants dialogue to reflect that.
I see, that seems rather simple, absolutely doable

Don't worry about it, if I ever decide to do anything with the scripts I'll just have to figure things out on the go. I don't know much japanese, but I've been using my phone and the camera function of google translator to figure out what is what in the scripts and once I've identified them I can tell most of them apart from each other. It's not perfect but it works, and if I can copy the text from somewhere, using the Find option makes finding what I want much easier.
I never thought auto translate, great idea

Sorry for making you update the post so much Procrastinatus, hope it's not a bother.
It's not, don't worry.

Updated

Soap141

Jul 30, 2019
Noticed on sandbox mode at least that Tall Man, Young Man and Noble Lady don't have the mod clothing and hair options anymore in the new update

RetiredMember

May 29, 2017
Procrastinatus Heya, thanks for updating the patch into 1.52. Anyway, I lost my drive and the files got deleted. I needed the wolfRPG editor to edit the sprites, do you mind reupload the package with the editor? I could not access it because the file became private. Thanks!

Last edited:

Laz_Jag

Mar 19, 2020

I fixed the issue, after looking at the code that checks whether this interaction happens or not I noticed it referenced a value in the UserDB that was operated on and used later as case condition, I changed the value for this outfit in the database by searching for other outfit that had the same pattern in which wearing only the bottom would not trigger the event. I used the same number as the one for the maid outfit for chubby woman, since the top is an apron and the bottoms are the dress.

Thank you for the fix, I'll be checking for errors or bugs and posting them here if I find one.

Sep 21, 2020
Procrastinatus Heya, thanks for updating the patch into 1.52. Anyway, I lost my drive and the files got deleted. I needed the wolfRPG editor to edit the sprites, do you mind reupload the package with the editor? I could not access it because the file became private. Thanks!
That was Heik, I didn't even contribute to the port.

The old Dev Package is here
Although you might as well download Wolf Editor online (easy to find, ex: ) and re-extract 1.52's files. Either way works, since the editor is the same version.

Heik

Oct 17, 2018
Noticed on sandbox mode at least that Tall Man, Young Man and Noble Lady don't have the mod clothing and hair options anymore in the new update
You're right, it seems like they changed the way sandbox mode works, I'll have to check the events related to sandbox mode and character selection to see how to fix it.

If you want to decrypt the .wolf files of the modded 1.52 I recommend using WolfDec, just drag the .wolf files to the executable and it'll decrypt the folders. I suggest you keep the 1.42 version just to be able to check the notes on the UserDB, as I didn't port that.

Thank you for the fix, I'll be checking for errors or bugs and posting them here if I find one.
Thanks, I'll try to fix as much as possible. might take a while, because I'm busy with other things, but I'll prioritize anything game-breaking if it pops up.

Diarm00d

May 3, 2021
u guys got a new fan ...dude holyyyyy ur revamp of the game is sooooooooooo good i loved ur work really hope u guys add more stuff to the game in the future like more girls and a few new poses or sex options ....Diarm00d#5168 here is my discord tag plz add me to a group of urs if u guys have one would love to chat with u guys <3

Reactions: Procrastinatus

penitentBOI

Sep 20, 2019
Can you make it so that we can enslave rare characters? It would create some sort of mini pokemon game where you search for the rare-character, fuckemgood and enslave them so they will apear again. I was so disapointed when I found the red head (the rare-encounter-character with a boyfriend) and could not enslave her, that shit took me fucking hours to find out.

4.80 star(s) 13 Votes