chincheta

Apr 3, 2019
The problem is I'm not an an animator or illustrator myself so I know very little about how to go about doing all this. I was just going to hire an artist, and have them draw images with other images to overlay like in ImpG, but then I begun to think that's a bit of a waste. So much more could be done to make it even better. If splitting everything into limbs is possible without the limb joint looking weird, or without it not looking strange against the rest of the body, then I'd love to do that. I already looked into implementing posable vector graphics, with my programmer. But apparently Godot isn't too good with vectors, and vectors also have more flat unlit coloring in. Plus there is also the fact that moving the arm up, would also slightly move the chest, would cause breast position to shift, etc, moving legs could cause weight shifts. If not drawn properly could look unnatural or bad. I wanted the clothes to either be tight and form fitting, with crease lines that are body hugging, so you get a good tease of what's under those clothes, or the clothes should be slightly weighty and shaded. Moving an arm up, would pull up the shirt and expose part of the belly. Imagine having a girl in one of those longer shirts that overhangs the pants, looks like she's bottomless, and telling her to lift her arms, and her shirt lifts up revealing tights, or that she really wasn't wearing any pants at all, just a shirt.

I've gotta be weary of feature creep though. I'd love to have that, but the amount of drawings and variable required is immense.

And how long does it take to finish this project?

edude12345

Feb 28, 2018
The problem is I'm not an an animator or illustrator myself so I know very little about how to go about doing all this. I was just going to hire an artist, and have them draw images with other images to overlay like in ImpG, but then I begun to think that's a bit of a waste. So much more could be done to make it even better. If splitting everything into limbs is possible without the limb joint looking weird, or without it not looking strange against the rest of the body, then I'd love to do that. I already looked into implementing posable vector graphics, with my programmer. But apparently Godot isn't too good with vectors, and vectors also have more flat unlit coloring in.

I've gotta be weary of feature creep though. I'd love to have that, but the amount of drawings and variable required is immense.
I see... are there any software you've already ruled out of the question? I'm hard pressed to recommend someone getting their hands on Adobe Illustrator but I don't know if you've considered that already. Might be easier to find some programs if you know what you're, for sure, not going to use
I'd be 100% willing to help with art for cheap but I'd have to actually learn how to draw first and that's gonna take a while

Also, this might be ignorant of me to say, but it seems to me that a game like this would come out to be like 80% art and 20% programming so I don't think feature creep is something to worry much about in this particular case.
Can't say for certain, though. My programming experience is very limited

Reactions: Mandalore777

Mandalore777

Oct 7, 2019
And how long does it take to finish this project?
I don't know for sure. It's the first game I've ever worked on. Everything is new to me. I've always wanted to make a game though, so feels good to be working on one. My programmer tells me it shouldn't take more than a few months for him to be fully finished on his side. Then it's just getting the art commissioned.

I see... are there any software you've already ruled out of the question? I'm hard pressed to recommend someone getting their hands on Adobe Illustrator but I don't know if you've considered that already. Might be easier to find some programs if you know what you're, for sure, not going to use
I'd be 100% willing to help with art for cheap but I'd have to actually learn how to draw first and that's gonna take a while
Also, this might be ignorant of me to say, but it seems to me that a game like this would come out to be like 80% art and 20% programming so I don't think feature creep is something to worry much about in this particular case.
Can't say for certain, though. My programming experience is very limited
No, I don't know enough to start ruling out stuff. Whatever works with Godot, we'll see if we can use it. In regards to illustrator or any other program the art will be drawn in (assuming we are just doing still PNG's like ImpG), I think it's mostly up to whatever our artist uses or is comfortable in. I can't say for sure yet, still searching for an artist.

And in regards to feature creep. I thought this game would be so simple to make too. But it's more complex than I thought. It doesn't bother me, just makes me appreciate other games more. All the little behind the scenes shit the player doesn't even see/notice, that some programmer spent all day ironing out.

Reactions: edude12345

Mistervd

Nov 25, 2017
I don't know for sure. It's the first game I've ever worked on. Everything is new to me. I've always wanted to make a game though, so feels good to be working on one. My programmer tells me it shouldn't take more than a few months for him to be fully finished on his side. Then it's just getting the art commissioned.

No, I don't know enough to start ruling out stuff. Whatever works with Godot, we'll see if we can use it. In regards to illustrator or any other program the art will be drawn in (assuming we are just doing still PNG's like ImpG), I think it's mostly up to whatever our artist uses or is comfortable in. I can't say for sure yet, still searching for an artist.

And in regards to feature creep. I thought this game would be so simple to make too. But it's more complex than I thought. It doesn't bother me, just makes me appreciate other games more. All the little behind the scenes shit the player doesn't even see/notice, that some programmer spent all day ironing out.
This looks really promising. Your ideas are interesting.

KatorSama

Jan 19, 2020
Thanks bro, you are literally a God!
When the next update comes out I'm gonna wait for your mods!
It means this: if you work as you said, then from my first salary I will start to donate to you so that you can continue to work on this game. I will follow you and wait for release. Cheers
Not yet. I'm working on one right now.

Question to all people in this thread. What is more important to you? The character having lots of multiple poses for each emotional state of the interogation, but fewer layers of clothes, and fewer outfits and possibly less detail? Or the character not only being higher detail, but having many more layers of clothing, and more clothing options and randomization of clothing when they are called, but there are less poses, possibly only 1, and the emotional state of the character is only readable from their facial expression? I'm trying to figure out how my game will do character posing. And if I go the same route as ImpG. If any part of the base nude model is changed, then all the art layers that go on top, like clothes need to be redrawn too. Which exponentially increases the amount of art I need to commission. Is there any way to do posable 2D character models where changing something like an arms position doesn't mean all other layers need to be redrawn? Something like K-Kisekae2?

Personally I want to maximize the amount of outfits and layers, because undressing the girls is probably the most fun part of ImpG, yet 4 layers is too small, and very restrictive when I tried to mod ImpG's outfits. I also want to up the ENF factor by having multiple person interrogations which we already have working in our alpha build.

Edit: Some screens of the ImpG mods I was trying to make. I wanted belts to be a seperate item, and bra's and panties to be seperately taken off. But it's hard trying to get everything working in just 4 undress catagories. View attachment 536151
It means this: if you work as you said, then from my first salary I will start to donate to you so that you can continue to work on this game. I will follow you and wait for release, cheers

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
Anybody know how does work sexual habit?
Think it gets them excited quicker. Chrisia for example is a masochist so smacking her butt gets her more excited than just a soft grope, but for the same amount of stress.

Ho229

Nov 7, 2019
Damn wish I started drawing years ago.

Just popping in to check on things, and glad to see ya Mandalore still trucking your fangame ideas. I'm going to avoid talking out of my ass about this which I know even less than you about, so suffice to just say those clothing ideas seem very ambitious. I'd be completely satisfied as one of the super-into-it fans with just more ImpG. So if you can get a really shitty prototype with grey box-cut outs moving when you hit the grey box bell stand-in, that's what I'd want to see to drop some money as well. I'd be pleasantly surprised if an inexperienced dev could give me more ImpG even without loads of more poses and clothing. Goodluck to ya, hope to hear more in the future. Dm me if you ever make a thread for yourself.

KatorSama

Jan 19, 2020
So when will release happen?(sry for ma english, thats not ma native lanyage)
When can we test/try/first look?
or maybe we can create another thread to so i could update it everyday xd
This is question to Mandalore

Mandalore777

Oct 7, 2019
Just popping in to check on things, and glad to see ya Mandalore still trucking your fangame ideas.
This is question to Mandalore
Thanks for the interest friends. But I don't want to get your hopes up for a release anytime soon. I can't really promise a release date, because it's my first time making a game. I haven't even found an artist yet. As if right now the game consists of MS Paint art I drew myself, some of the character art ripped straight from ImpG and some other random PNG images I put into the game just to test resolution and character size. I've got Call, Reject, Accept working, with working clock, calendar, XP and money/wage system as well as tickets, though the ticket art is very basic, I need to get an artist to properly draw them too.

Before I start working on the fun parts, I want to make sure all the boring behind the scenes parts of the game are fully working. Each level in ImpG is essentially a different puzzle in regards to the ticket checking. So right now I am getting all the ticket checking systems working, as well as tags for character archetypes. Like how in ImpG you can get slutty or virgin types, which change the dialog they say, or how they react, I like how some characters are willing to undress and tease you, and others will protest and not want to undress. But often it can be the same art asset character doing both different dialog results, which means there is some sort of AI profile tagging system working under ImpG that I and my programmer are trying to figure out and make our own version off. I want to start working on writing all the dialog as soon as possible, but we are working on the tag randomization process right now, as well as tickets, and also working on the general UI because we have a different layout than ImpG, with a few extra features.

As soon as all this engine stuff and groundwork is done, I will get an artist on board, and hope to get an Alpha Build up for you guys as soon as is possible. But for now, I have no idea how far away that is. Making a game is completely new ground for me.

Reactions: Sartan

Oneshot

Nov 8, 2017
The game is still being worked on, the last news post about it (translated to almost English) is back here. The news updates are posted on basically a Japanese version of patreon. There's another Tengsten game here.
I was going to ask you about the update on Jan 30th post ( ) but I saw that ver 1.30 might be out on Feb 10th or another post on that date.. I'll ask you when it comes out on what is new.

From my understanding:

More stuff added to the sandbox mode, a third button to the normal and unarmed
Richard is in sandbox mode
Fortune Teller is mind controlled and we can force a fortune telling?
Something about Hana again

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

JojotheLich

Oct 17, 2017
I spent my entire Valentines Day 100% completing this game. Really at the high point of my life. 6/10 would probably do it again.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Has anyone else commented one of the costumes of the "Chubby Woman" type of NPC has been slightly modified, to make Sibilla (the astrologer) visual more unique? Just noticed that other look while playing today.

Mandalore777

Oct 7, 2019
Has anyone else commented one of the costumes of the "Chubby Woman" type of NPC has been slightly modified, to make Sibilla (the astrologer) visual more unique? Just noticed that other look while playing today.
Yeah that was added in the last update IIRC, back last year. It's a good little addition. Plus the new underwear for her is great too because you can make her bottomless.

Also I thought we were supposed to be getting the new update on the 16th. It's now been well over 2 months since the last update. I want to see the trader pass through the checkpoint already. I didn't even know the trader was a girl, I thought it was a guy until his post a few weeks back.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
Yeah that was added in the last update IIRC, back last year. It's a good little addition. Plus the new underwear for her is great too because you can make her bottomless.

Also I thought we were supposed to be getting the new update on the 16th. It's now been well over 2 months since the last update. I want to see the trader pass through the checkpoint already. I didn't even know the trader was a girl, I thought it was a guy until his post a few weeks back.
The trader is a girl?!?

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 145 Votes