Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 34, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 51, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 327, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 347, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 348, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 349, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 351, in execute
NameError: name 'came_from_profile' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "navigation/loc-joana_house.rpyc", line 253, in script
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\Zack Fair\Desktop\Krims Kram\Bullshit\Random Games\TheInn-v0.05.8-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 51, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 327, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 347, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 348, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 349, in execute
File "game/phone/phone-sms-engine.rpy", line 351, in execute
File "<screen language>", line 351, in <module>
NameError: name 'came_from_profile' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
The Inn v0.05.8
Sun Sep 20 23:47:57 2020
You're not using the latest version. Your version is v0.05.8, the latest one available is v0.05.11.

applepie68

Feb 5, 2018
Glad to see this is still being worked on I was waiting for new content for a long time. Yes I realize Im 3 weeks late but ive been busy
Also is it just me or are all the new pictures darker?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lykanz

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
gigan

The patch doesn't seem to work for this latest version.
Make sure you don't have a double "game" folder inside.

If you have a "game" folder inside the "game" folder then you did it wrong.

This patch worked for me without any problems. (I'm on a PC.)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
i didn´t had the time to play the game complete but in the intro the patch is working.The only think what i know is that in the replay the patch didn´t work
Make sure you don't have a double "game" folder inside.

If you have a "game" folder inside the "game" folder then you did it wrong.

This patch worked for me without any problems. (I'm on a PC.)
New playthrough on most recent version on PC. The file has MC say he lived in an orphanage and calls her Miss Joanna, this is in the start when he talks to Linda Mae, or when he checks the phone. The zz_patch in the game folder. So unless I am misunderstanding something, seems the patch isn't working.

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
New playthrough on most recent version on PC. The file has MC say he lived in an orphanage and calls her Miss Joanna, this is in the start when he talks to Linda Mae, or when he checks the phone. The zz_patch in the game folder. So unless I am misunderstanding something, seems the patch isn't working.
do you have this text in the intro after the first choise?

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
I just went a redid the game from start to when he arrives at his old home and everywhere it talked about his mom and sisters and on the phone it says mom also.
TheInn 2020-09-26 11-17-37-31.jpg TheInn 2020-09-26 11-31-11-44.jpg TheInn 2020-09-26 11-31-20-43.jpg TheInn 2020-09-26 11-33-37-70.jpg

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
do you have this text in the intro after the first choise?
I just went a redid the game from start to when he arrives at his old home and everywhere it talked about his mom and sisters and on the phone it says mom also.
View attachment 833757 View attachment 833758 View attachment 833759 View attachment 833761
Yeah it says that. Hmm weird. 3rd try going through it and it flipped to family. Odd, but I guess something on my end caused it. Thanks anyways.

And going back again to check it switched it back to foster.

And restarting the game again changed it a 3rd time.

Last edited:

tigerdiamond

Mar 1, 2020
Enjoying the game so far. You really didn't have to go so hard on the animations; out here with sweeping camera angles n shit, lol.

Also, I see you "shindeiru funeral services" lol

Last edited:

TheBlub

Jun 30, 2017
just started playing the game while discovering it in the waifu academy thread. games great so far & i very much enjoyed the waifu academy easter egg (i also noticed easter egg barrage during shopping).
gonna follow now ^^

• Love
4.10 star(s) 100 Votes