Shark_inA-chiar

Sep 22, 2020
View attachment 1787628

THE INN 0.07.01 (BETA 1) PUBLIC RELEASE!

What's up people?

So, I've been debating for some time now on ways to increase this project's visibility so more people can get to play and hopefully support it (cuz daddy's gotta make a living too, y'know).

One of the biggest issues with my release plan is that public releases would only happen when the update is finished, basically what this means is that most of the time this project would take a long time to get public releases (last time it took over a year).

An entire year without anything released publicly is no bueno.

This leads to people constantly asking me if I'm still working on this project (when they don't just flat out forget about it).

And public releases are good mainly for one reason: Visibility.

More visibility means more people get to know and play the game and, consequently, will be willing to support it.

So, what I came up with was a new release plan.

From now on INNitiate patrons and above will have access to new BETAS 3 months before everyone else. For example, today I'm releasing BETA 4 for patrons, so BETA 1 will go public, next month I'll release BETA 5, so BETA 2 will go public, and so on.

Basically what this means is that, from no on, there'll be a public release every month.

Anyway, enough with the boring justifications and on with the details about this BETA.

As the result of the poll made some time ago, update 0.07 will be focused on Joana.

The theme for this update, and what I'm aiming for, is "a day off for a tired housewife". During this update we'll follow Joana and Mike on a story of R&R, emotional healing and reconnection with yourself.

This update will have a whole different pacing than Val's update had. While Val's was frenetic, action packed and VERY spicy, Joana's update will feel more relaxed, laid back and, above all, wholesome.

The first BETA comes with 2 new, short introductory events that will set up the other parts of the update. I initially planned to have 3 more events in it, but I came across a game breaking issue during development (related to the removed online features) and it ended up taking me nearly 2 weeks of development time to fix it.

Anyway, without further ado, here's the download links for this BETA:

PC - MEGA
Mac - MEGA
Android - MEGA

Have Fun!
200.gif

Reactions: travin213

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
How do you maintain a patch with monthly releases and what seems like 2-5 different versions out in the wild at any given time? Unless I read that wrong.

Swizzstick

Apr 10, 2018
All i got was waking up the next morning and talking on the phone then going to the kitchen to have a scene with joana, dont see any time skips and all the starred areas say WIP. SOooooooo is that all of the update?.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
How do you maintain a patch with monthly releases and what seems like 2-5 different versions out in the wild at any given time? Unless I read that wrong.
What's hard about it? There'll be a public version and a patron version (which will be 3 updates ahead of the public).

So in what it feelis like a year or more for a short introductory events and a detail plan to spam for visibility.
Whew lykan overdoing himself this time around i would suggest for a 6 month break for the overdue hardwork (without stopping patreon payments ofc a mans got to eat)
I'm sorry you didn't like it, but I'm pretty sure there's a lot other games on this site that will appeal to your tastes and that'll have regular updates with enough content to justify the wait.

Joana, Linda, Cindy. Fucking doesn't look like Japanese women to me. Might it have been an idea to call them Aiko, Keiko, Yui etc? Or use other graphics tools than game screenshots? ;)
What the hell are you even talking about?

If you didn't like the girls' appearance I'm pretty sure there's a lot other games on this site that will appeal to your tastes and that'll have regular updates with enough content to justify the wait.

All i got was waking up the next morning and talking on the phone then going to the kitchen to have a scene with joana, dont see any time skips and all the starred areas say WIP. SOooooooo is that all of the update?.
That's it. This update was released in february for patrons and is the result of just 2 weeks of active development time (the other 2 weeks of the 1 month development cycle were "wasted" trying to figure out why the game refused to work after I removed the online features), but I'm pretty sure there's a lot other games on this site that will appeal to your tastes and that'll have regular updates with enough content to justify the wait.

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
What's hard about it? There'll be a public version and a patron version (which will be 3 updates ahead of the public).
Oh ok, so this version that's up here right now is from February? So there's probably a patch already somewhere that just hasn't made it here yet to go along with the public release. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the quick reply. Nice game.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Oh ok, so this version that's up here right now is from February? So there's probably a patch already somewhere that just hasn't made it here yet to go along with the public release. Looking forward to it. Thanks for the quick reply. Nice game.
Yeah, this was the first beta for version 0.07, which is currently in the 4th beta. I release a new beta for $5 patrons and above every month and, from now on, will release a beta 3 versions prior to the current one to the public.

What this basically means is that there'll be a public release every month for this game.

Jul 14, 2017
I'm sorry you didn't like it, but I'm pretty sure there's a lot other games on this site that will appeal to your tastes and that'll have regular updates with enough content to justify the wait.
Cmon Lykan whats with the copypasta reply bud, im saying i'll be thrilled to play the next introductory events and maybe get the inn going in a couple decades too, gotta min max for the optimium visibility am i right 1645033143726.png

DeliteDouche

Nov 26, 2021
Really surprised how much I enjoyed this on first run. Usually I stay away from these types of character designs, but I like the ones here. The sandbox isn't grindy at all. I subscribed because I want to see more.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.10 star(s) 102 Votes