Zash1234

Dec 21, 2019
You and me both.
Oh yeah, I'm eager to see Linda's story and actually start the "Inn-storyline" which I presume is the main game. But no rush man, take your time to get this done properly and according to your plans.
Cheers and good luck.
PS: Good update for Joana by the way. Really liked it.

copoarmy

Dec 9, 2019
Thanks for the answer, there is nothing else for me to do but wait for the next update, maybe then the problem will resolve itself.
that issue because the file is broken while being uploaded to the site hosting
use the one compressed from joker is working fine

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
I agree with the desires for the Inn portion.

I also find it encouraging that the characters in the fam- err, tenants and landlady portion are enjoyable, sexy, interesting, and engaging enough that they entirely distracted me from not only the Inn, but, dare I say it, Linda herself.

Looking forward to seeing her again of course, but the fact I'm actively anticipating our tsundere little si- err, roommate enough to be okay with putting Linda off for now is a testament to Lykanz's ability to create an immersive, satisfying dynamic regardless of the relationship of the girl the MC runs into.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
Lykanz when you switched to the 8.x branch of Ren'Py, you forgot to ports some parts of your code:

Code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 153, in cur_period
    if self.period in self.PERIODS.keys()[2]:
TypeError: 'dict_keys' object is not subscriptable
In Python 3.x the dictionnaries' keys method do not return a list, but a dict_keys object. Such objects don't have the __getitem__ meta method needed to address them by indexation, like you were doing with the versions of Ren'Py that were still relying on Python 2.x. Since dict_keys are iterable views, you can still use the keys method in most of the case, except this one.

Strictly speaking, what you should use is list( self.PERIODS.keys() )[2]. But this would only solve the TypeError issue. Dictionaries are unordered, therefore addressing a key by its index is useless and prone to changes ; you don't have the guaranty that the key will be the one you expect.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Lykanz when you switched to the 8.x branch of Ren'Py, you forgot to ports some parts of your code:

Code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 153, in cur_period
    if self.period in self.PERIODS.keys()[2]:
TypeError: 'dict_keys' object is not subscriptable
In Python 3.x the dictionnaries' keys method do not return a list, but a dict_keys object. Such objects don't have the __getitem__ meta method needed to address them by indexation, like you were doing with the versions of Ren'Py that were still relying on Python 2.x. Since dict_keys are iterable views, you can still use the keys method in most of the case, except this one.

Strictly speaking, what you should use is list( self.PERIODS.keys() )[2]. But this would only solve the TypeError issue. Dictionaries are unordered, therefore addressing a key by its index is useless and prone to changes ; you don't have the guaranty that the key will be the one you expect.
I've run into this error when testing it after migrating to 8.0 and I'm 100% positively sure I fixed it the way you just said...
Lemme take a quick look.

Edit:

Yep, I did:

imagem_2022-10-06_123824917.png
On a side note, God I need to revise this code... It's so ugly...

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
I've run into this error when testing it after migrating to 8.0 and I'm 100% positively sure I fixed it the way you just said...
Lemme take a quick look.
Hmm...

Ok, I took a look and the compressed version still rely on the old code:
scripts.jpg

JokerLeader I understand that building a compressed version take time, but could you use an up to date version of the code when you build it ? Thanks.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Hmm...

Ok, I took a look and the compressed version still rely on the old code:
View attachment 2085291

JokerLeader I understand that building a compressed version take time, but could you use an up to date version of the code when you build it ? Thanks.
I didn't use any code, I didn't change any scripts, I used the Game that was in the OP, compressed the Images, Videos, and audio that's it.

ZxSncis

May 17, 2022
You spelled "rethorical" wrong, should've been rhetorical. just fyi, maybe fix it in the next one. all the best!

MaxxM

Nov 3, 2019
Hmm... Weird...
I checked the code and the fix for it is there.
Probably something didn't set the conditional correctly.
Gonna have to take a better look at it and see if I can reproduce the issue.
I have same issue and I do not use patch

Update: Found reason for the error. You receive a text message from Valentina before your date with Joana. If you don't read it before you receive new text message from Valentina at the end of the date the new text message doesn't close and gives you the error message.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hitany

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017

Update: Found reason for the error. You receive a text message from Valentina before your date with Joana. If you don't read it before you receive new text message from Valentina at the end of the date the new text message doesn't close and gives you the error message.
Hmm, good catch. I'll have to check that event then. Thanks!

herreraaa

Jan 24, 2020
Lykanz this error is happening after receiving a message from Valentina on movie night(Valentina choice)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

After this error, screen froze on chat screen until the game crash(pressing ignore until the crash)
ps. Im using the incest mod

Feb 17, 2022
Man, for a game that's been out for years it's crazy that I have only been playing for a few hours and the first option to spend time with the 3 family members and it says spending the day with Lu isn't even in the game yet.... Like wtf....

Is there really so little content after all these years or am I missing something?

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Lykanz this error is happening after receiving a message from Valentina on movie night(Valentina choice)

After this error, screen froze on chat screen until the game crash(pressing ignore until the crash)
ps. Im using the incest mod
Will take a look at it.

EDIT:
Works fine for me.
Must be something with the patch you're using.
In this update I had to change some things in the code for the SMS system, so maybe that's it.
You'll have to wait until it gets updated.

Last edited:

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017

Okay, found out what was happening.
Turns out I forgot to clear the event variables if the player didn't see the message.

I managed to fix it.

herreraaa

Jan 24, 2020
Okay, found out what was happening.
Turns out I forgot to clear the event variables if the player didn't see the message.

I managed to fix it.
Nice!
Thanks for looking at it.
Next update I will do her scene on movie night

Havenless_

Oct 12, 2020
Okay. I'll be honest with you, Lykanz . The game has, in my opinion, a bit too much sexual jokes/humor. I mean, too much for my taste. There are a few times where I find it a bit tiresome.

Buuuuuut, I have to say something... Specifically, I love this fucking much:

FUCK YES.

I fucking love jokes or dialogues about mommy milkers. So, if you promise that with Joana there will be more dialogues (not only jokes) about her beautiful mommy milkies, I will be eternally grateful. :HideThePain:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lykanz
4.10 star(s) 101 Votes