Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I used to work in retail. During a sale, a customer complained that the sale price that came up in the computer didn't match the sign she saw in the aisle. We went to the sign, it was 10 feet away from her product, and for something else entirely as stated on the sign. I pointed that out to her, and she said "You can't expect me to read!" Yet, she read the price.
Worked on retail for a good chunk of my young adult life.
The struggle is real.

May 13, 2018
If anybody has an uncorrupted videos.rpa file, it seems like that's the only one that was corrupted. Might be faster to upload just that file to the thread.

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
Can upload in different site?
MEGA is a horrible site for +1.0G files
People here seem to really like GoFile and Pixeldrain.

If anybody has an uncorrupted videos.rpa file, it seems like that's the only one that was corrupted. Might be faster to upload just that file to the thread.
Apparently the links in the OP were updated with an uncorrupted version.

Yay update :)
Have fun!

Also, to anyone playing this update and trying out the new VN Mode, let me know your thoughts on and if you enjoyed it!

Joey's Conscience

Sep 28, 2020
Also, to anyone playing this update and trying out the new VN Mode, let me know your thoughts on and if you enjoyed it!
One thing I've wondered about this game is if you had plans to expand on sandbox elements. Been meaning to write a review for a while, and one of the very few criticisms I have is that currently, the sandbox stuff is so minimal it might as well not even be there.

Reactions: Lykanz

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
One thing I've wondered about this game is if you had plans to expand on sandbox elements. Been meaning to write a review for a while, and one of the very few criticisms I have is that currently, the sandbox stuff is so minimal it might as well not even be there.
The answer is yes and no.

I plan on expanding aspects of some sandbox elements, but I never plan on going full sandbox.
I just want the world navigation and interactive environment aspects for a more non-linear player experience.
None of the grind and other bullshit that just serves to artificially make a game feel bigger.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
The answer is yes and no.

I plan on expanding aspects of some sandbox elements, but I never plan on going full sandbox.
I just want the world navigation and interactive environment aspects for a more non-linear player experience.
None of the grind and other bullshit that just serves to artificially make a game feel bigger.
I believe if I understand correctly what you say about the sandbox mechanic of the game, can be summarized as the following:

Sandox is NOT the core gameplay mechanic of this game but rather it allows the player to access different contents (or characters) in a non-linear fashion (as compared to the typical VN approach). For example, let say you have map, you you can go to place A to access contents with LI A, or place B to meet character B, in any order you like, event B might be locked behind event A, so you have to complete event A first, advance they day/time, go the place for event B (which was previously hidden), if you don't like character D, just don't go to place D and advance the day/time etc. More or less, sorry I am not good with words myself:ROFLMAO:.

By the way, interesting and nice game, the renders is pretty solid for Honey Select. I never played it before but had kept watch on it. Will play when time permits. Well done and all the best, dude. Cheers.

Last edited:

Deneuve

Aug 6, 2017
Ha, I knew Alanna looked familiar.
She's from Solvalley High (well I guess technically she's originally from the other game made by the same dev, House Arrest).

Lykanz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
I believe if I understand correctly what you say about the sandbox mechanic of the game, can be summarized as the following:

Sandox is NOT the core gameplay mechanic of this game but rather it allows the player to access different contents (or characters) in a non-linear fashion (as compared to the typical VN approach). For example, let say you have map, you you can go to place A to access contents with LI A, or place B to meet character B, in any order you like, event B might be locked behind event A, so you have to complete event A first, advance they day/time, go the place for event B (which was previously hidden), if you don't like character D, just don't go to place D and advance the day/time etc. More or less, sorry I am not good with words myself:ROFLMAO:.

By the way, interesting and nice game, the renders is pretty solid for Honey Select. I never played it before but had kept watch on it. Will play when time permits. Well done and all the best, dude. Cheers.
Yep, that's exactly it.

no new content literally
Yeah, it has been said numerous times, even before I started this month's dev cycle and even in the update release post. This is a polishing and tweak update.

Reactions: JohnF95zone

w123t4

May 26, 2019
So when will be Linda's round? And the story develop so little after 4 years that even the inn is not open yet!:cautious:

4.10 star(s) 101 Votes